PDA

View Full Version : No Qatar thread? **SPOILER**

Sean
04-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Holy hell, what a race! Can't believe how much poke those Hondas have, I thought Hayden would pull off that podium finish for sure.

smileyman
04-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Hayden sure made him earn it! And Jorge hanging in there hurt and saving it up for the end. Spies did awesome and Stoner? What a tool...

KSGregman
04-11-2010, 11:12 PM
I was laughing out loud when Casey "Moaner" stacked it...he is such a little bitch.

jalaan1
04-11-2010, 11:35 PM
great race.

bikes looked good under the lights.

fnfalman
04-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Dovi made a great pass on Nicky, but I'm glad to see Nicky did well on the first race of the season.

I think that this year you will see The Doctor laying the smackdown on every race. No more screwing around and playing game like before. Lorenzo is too much of a rider for him to mess around with. I don't think he can psyche Lorenzo out like he did with Stoner or Biaggi & Giberneau.

Riceaholic
04-12-2010, 02:08 AM
I was laughing out loud when Casey "Moaner" stacked it...he is such a little bitch.

Serously...he needs a couple seasons in World Superbike.

Rider
04-12-2010, 08:46 AM
I liked the outcome. All 3 Americans did well and the Doctor won the race. When Stoner crashed I did have a little laugh.

I didn't realize how many rookies there were in the field this year. I guess those 250 riders didn't want to learn the 600's so they went up to the big bikes. BTW don't post results of the Moto 2 race. I haven't watched it yet.

Cass
04-12-2010, 08:56 AM
Lol I kinda wanna post the results of Moto 2 because you spoiled the finishings for me :lol

Rider
04-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Lol I kinda wanna post the results of Moto 2 because you spoiled the finishings for me :lol

It was nothing that hadn't already been said.

Cass
04-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Of course it's been said, it's a past event. As this thread didn't say "race results" or "spoiler" I figured it was safe.. But thanks anyway

CrazyKell
04-12-2010, 09:07 AM

I think you had to assume there'd be spoilers in a thread about Qatar. :?:

I have never been a MotoGP watcher so this was one of my first races. Loved it (although Speed didn't have enough coverage).

I'm cheering for Spies this year and was pleased to see him finish so well. Kinda disappointed for Nicky but he did make him work for it.

shmike
04-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Holy hell, what a race! Can't believe how much poke those Hondas have, I thought Hayden would pull off that podium finish for sure.

Same here.

Draft or not the Hondas sure had the top speed on the Yammies and Ducs.

Dave
04-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Watched it after sbk last night. Kind of a snoozefest in comparison.

z06boy
04-12-2010, 09:41 AM
That was a fun race to watch. I agree with most of all what's already been said here...looked good under the lights...laughed at Stoner...happy for Hayden except for him not making the podium...Spies was very impressive...Rossi rocked...Lorenzo is fun to watch...the racing at the end was awesome !!

I watched WSBK too but with Spies gone I just wasn't as excited about it...but good racing no doubt.

KSGregman
04-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Serously...he needs a couple seasons in World Superbike.

There is no denying his ability....he is clearly dominant on the Ducati...a bike that no one else has come CLOSE to mastering to the degree that he has.

It's his off the track demeanor that is obnoxious....always whining...always bitching....always making excuses....Casey "Moaner" is just a PERFECT nickname for him. :lol:

Dave
04-12-2010, 10:08 AM
That was a fun race to watch. I agree with most of all what's already been said here...looked good under the lights...laughed at Stoner...happy for Hayden except for him not making the podium...Spies was very impressive...Rossi rocked...Lorenzo is fun to watch...the racing at the end was awesome !!

I watched WSBK too but with Spies gone I just wasn't as excited about it...but good racing no doubt.

you could always root for roger, he almost made it into superpole this time

z06boy
04-12-2010, 10:20 AM
you could always root for roger, he almost made it into superpole this time

True...I've owned a couple of Kaw's. :lol:

Spies being on an R1 and American helped.

I wouldn't even mind seeing Haga win a title.

fnfalman
04-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Casey "Moaner" is just a PERFECT nickname for him. :lol:

In the Aprilia Forum, we call him "Stacy Moaner".

Sean
04-12-2010, 01:47 PM

It's a thread about a race that happened yesterday, what did you expect?

smileyman
04-12-2010, 02:34 PM
I am relieved to see the change from 250s to 600s didnt slow the action or tempo of the riders. Those boys are balls out from the start to finish and dont seem to mind punting each other around a bit. Next best thing to SBK.

Glad Nicky put a move on Dovi on the last lap. Dovi beat him to the line but knows his engine saved his 3rd place and not talent.

Wonder if that ripping Honda powerplant will be good all season tho? Will just 6 be enough?

Dave
04-12-2010, 05:43 PM
I am relieved to see the change from 250s to 600s didnt slow the action or tempo of the riders. Those boys are balls out from the start to finish and dont seem to mind punting each other around a bit. Next best thing to SBK.

Glad Nicky put a move on Dovi on the last lap. Dovi beat him to the line but knows his engine saved his 3rd place and not talent.

Wonder if that ripping Honda powerplant will be good all season tho? Will just 6 be enough?

i wonder if honda didnt leave the tune high in hopes of stronger finishes early season and if it will go down later. I also wonder why rossi hasnt been sold to suzuki yet.

Cass
04-12-2010, 06:14 PM
It's a thread about a race that happened yesterday, what did you expect?

:lol This is what DVR was made for. Guess next time I'll give up the internet for a week when I have to travel for business and can't watch something live.

I guess I'm the only one that sees the irony in me pointing out that someone else was asking for race results from yesterday, while posting about race results from yesterday :lol:

I really am amused by this... and Kell... I assumed that motorcycle people would note if there were spoilers :shrug:

Time to go have an adult beverage

Sean
04-12-2010, 07:21 PM
:lol This is what DVR was made for. Guess next time I'll give up the internet for a week when I have to travel for business and can't watch something live.

Drama queen much?

marko138
04-12-2010, 08:33 PM
I find Spies' 5th place finish to be pretty damn respectable.

derf
04-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Just wanna point out the fact that rossi, couldnt even get his knee down...

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/images/Rossi_Qatar_2010.jpg

Dave
04-12-2010, 11:06 PM
I find Spies' 5th place finish to be pretty damn respectable.

good, he aint likely to improve on it

z06boy
04-13-2010, 10:39 AM

Oh I don't know about that...I mean come on it was his first shot.

HOWEVER I can understand you thinking that since he has raced that circuit before...winning both of last years WSBK races...so he knows the track.

Trying to run with Stoner (when he doesn't wreck)...Lorenzo (when he doesn't wreck)...Rossi...Pedrosa and a couple of others will be a tough nut to crack especially for a non factory team.

Dave
04-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Oh I don't know about that...I mean come on it was his first shot.

HOWEVER I can understand you thinking that since he has raced that circuit before...winning both of last years WSBK races...so he knows the track.

Trying to run with Stoner (when he doesn't wreck)...Lorenzo (when he doesn't wreck)...Rossi...Pedrosa and a couple of others will be a tough nut to crack especially for a non factory team.

toesland and edwards were champs too. Some of the things that occured on that bike under JT were flat out inexcuseable. Not his first gp ride either. He had wildcards and that last race last year.

smileyman
04-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Edwards made mention of the diff between factory spec power and satellite team spec engines. I wonder how much more Rossi and Jorge have? Spies was making up for that diff however great until Jorge punched it.

Of course there were factory bikes behind him too...Perhaps having last years powerplant will be an advantage in the final races, knowing the limitations power and fuel mileage wise??

Dave
04-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Edwards made mention of the diff between factory spec power and satellite team spec engines. I wonder how much more Rossi and Jorge have? Spies was making up for that diff however great until Jorge punched it.

Of course there were factory bikes behind him too...Perhaps having last years powerplant will be an advantage in the final races, knowing the limitations power and fuel mileage wise??

id like to know how much longer edwards has before he comes back to sbk. Be amazing if aprilia scooped him up, make a great excuse for a new edwards edition ;)

smileyman
04-13-2010, 11:25 AM
colin says when he is done at GP, He is done?

marko138
04-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Why not?

Dave
04-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Why not?

equipment.

smileyman
04-13-2010, 06:04 PM
I still think Spies can podium this year. I feel like if the right circumstances come along he will podium. Bad thing is there isn't anywhere for him to go. Yamaha has their big 2, don't need a third unless Rossi retires or Jorge gets 1 hurt. Honda could put him in place of Pedro BUT Repsol won't allow it. He could take a seat at Ducati next year but who knows how he could get on with that bike. Would he take that chance?

Dave
04-14-2010, 09:58 AM
I still think Spies can podium this year. I feel like if the right circumstances come along he will podium. Bad thing is there isn't anywhere for him to go. Yamaha has their big 2, don't need a third unless Rossi retires or Jorge gets 1 hurt. Honda could put him in place of Pedro BUT Repsol won't allow it. He could take a seat at Ducati next year but who knows how he could get on with that bike. Would he take that chance?

his only hope is that rossi gets bored and moves to suzuki as a challenge.

Dave
04-14-2010, 09:59 AM
colin says when he is done at GP, He is done?

talking retirement you mean? That sucks, i cant imagine he has much left

z06boy
04-14-2010, 10:23 AM
I still think Spies can podium this year.

I do too.

I feel like if the right circumstances come along he will podium. Bad thing is there isn't anywhere for him to go. Yamaha has their big 2, don't need a third unless Rossi retires or Jorge gets 1 hurt. Honda could put him in place of Pedro BUT Repsol won't allow it. He could take a seat at Ducati next year but who knows how he could get on with that bike. Would he take that chance?

Yeah all good points...does make one wonder.

fnfalman
04-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Edwards may not podium much, but he's a consistent and regular performer. Always finishes high mid-pack.

smileyman
04-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Colin is what 36? I think he has this year and perhaps one more, but his chances for a better GP ride are gone. Aside from Corser and Haga he would be one of the oldest WSBK riders should he wish to swap series and his chances of a primo ride there are slim. I see a stateside race instructor career coming...

azoomm
04-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Colin is what 36? I think he has this year and perhaps one more, but his chances for a better GP ride are gone. Aside from Corser and Haga he would be one of the oldest WSBK riders should he wish to swap series and his chances of a primo ride there are slim. I see a stateside race instructor career coming...

Like, maybe in Texas? :wink:

Dave
04-14-2010, 11:21 PM

biaggi, and checa are up there too. so is shakey. im sure a lot of sbk teams would love to get an experienced guy like colin, especially since he is such a good personality