PDA

View Full Version : Great Deals

JoJoYZF
05-15-2008, 01:00 AM
So since Im still waiting on my stimulus check Ive been looking around for ideas of what gear to buy with it. I found a site that has great prices on damn near everything they carry, below msrp on almost everything. The place is called sportbikedude.com (http://sportbikedude.com/). Anybody used them before? I plan on ordering whatever I end up going with from them just based on their prices.

p00kienrayray
05-15-2008, 02:58 AM
i just checked the site right now and they do have good prices. i recommend the teknic line of products. i was an alpinestars type of guy, but teknic offers the best bang for your buck right now. but stay away from the chicane boots, i've read a lot of bad reviews regarding its quality...

Phenix_Rider
05-15-2008, 09:43 AM
i just checked the site right now and they do have good prices. i recommend the teknic line of products. i was an alpinestars type of guy, but teknic offers the best bang for your buck right now. but stay away from the chicane boots, i've read a lot of bad reviews regarding its quality...

Holy shit! $375 for an '08 RF-1000?! And their prices on jackets are pretty good too. STG is lower for A* though. Lowest I've seen other places (for the RF-1000) is $427, and one place will pitch in an extra shield.

I don't really care for Tecnik. The fit is strange, and their gloves have cheap little plastic poppers for finger protection. Other than that, the jackets and pants are decent quality. But I'll stick with my A* leathers.

JoJoYZF
05-15-2008, 12:04 PM

Glad you mentioned that, I was considering getting some if I get the 2 pc suit. Its a toss up between this place and ridegear for the suit though, with ridegear's 25% off its only like 285 I think.

Holy shit! $375 for an '08 RF-1000?! And their prices on jackets are pretty good too. STG is lower for A* though. Lowest I've seen other places (for the RF-1000) is $427, and one place will pitch in an extra shield.

I don't really care for Tecnik. The fit is strange, and their gloves have cheap little plastic poppers for finger protection. Other than that, the jackets and pants are decent quality. But I'll stick with my A* leathers.

Im still debating getting the 2pc teknic suit or just buying a a* jacket and holding out for a* pants. My gloves and boots will most likely be a* regardless.

p00kienrayray
05-15-2008, 02:46 PM
285 for a suit is pretty good. The cheapest I found for a* track pants is 280. If u already have an a* jacket that can zip to the pants, then its a toss up on which to get. If you need a jacket as well, then I'd say you'd be saving at least $200 on some descent gear by getting the teknic. U can use that $$ to buy a good pair of boots. A descent pair of gloves are cheap anyways, so that isn't really in issue IMO

JoJoYZF
05-15-2008, 03:11 PM
285 for a suit is pretty good. The cheapest I found for a* track pants is 280. If u already have an a* jacket that can zip to the pants, then its a toss up on which to get. If you need a jacket as well, then I'd say you'd be saving at least $200 on some descent gear by getting the teknic. U can use that $$ to buy a good pair of boots. A descent pair of gloves are cheap anyways, so that isn't really in issue IMO

Thats kinda what Im thinking. But getting the teknic stuff would help me be able to get fully geared up a lot cheaper and faster. Then I can always buy new stuff as the money comes in. Thats what Im leaning towards but we'll see what happens when I actually have the money.