PDA

View Full Version : Flame suit on - my new scooter racing suit

fnfalman
05-16-2008, 09:46 PM
To go with my recently acquired scooter, I got a scooter racing suit made specifically for it (I know, it's gay). It's cut so that I can sit up straight and move around on a scooter. Now I gotta find a local scooter racing organization and I'm set!!!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/SR50%20Factory/IMG_0050.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/SR50%20Factory/IMG_0197.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/SR50%20Factory/IMG_0198.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/SR50%20Factory/IMG_0195.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/SR50%20Factory/IMG_0196.jpg

t-homo
05-16-2008, 09:51 PM
I wish somewhere in MO carried that many suits. Congrats on buying a suit you personally said was gay though. :lol:

fnfalman
05-16-2008, 10:00 PM
I wish somewhere in MO carried that many suits. Congrats on buying a suit you personally said was gay though. :lol:

Some of those suits are custom made for various riders and some of them are for show.

Well, life is too short to ride boringly. Wait till I hit the local mall on my scooter with that outfit on. I'll bet chicks will be throwing panties at me!!!:rockwoot:

t-homo
05-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Or guys will be throwing tire irons, but its all the same, right?

Crazy
05-16-2008, 10:43 PM
dude you have WAY to much money for your own good!!!

itgirl
05-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Some of those suits are custom made for various riders and some of them are for show.

Well, life is too short to ride boringly. Wait till I hit the local mall on my scooter with that outfit on. I'll bet chicks will be throwing panties at me!!!:rockwoot:

luv the suit!! you're too far away for me to throw my panties atcha, so i guess i'll just hafta mail' em to ya. ;)

JoJoYZF
05-17-2008, 12:03 AM
I can safely say thats the first time Ive ever seen somebody with leathers that match their scooter

p00kienrayray
05-17-2008, 02:02 AM
INSTANT panty droppers!!

Cosign for real...

Dnyce
05-17-2008, 02:15 AM
i think it looks badass, the lion is a nice touch....mama mia on the ass is a bit much 4me tho lol

how much?

what the hell do you do anyway?

t-homo
05-17-2008, 09:06 AM
You should have put "what what" instead of mama mia.

fnfalman
05-17-2008, 10:55 AM
First of all, I'm a goofy bastard by nature. So I figured what the hell, might as well do something fun with the scooter. People always buy riding gears with company logos for their bikes, I'll do it for my scooter.

Secondly, I'm not rich but I do OK as a construction engineer. The key is being single and ready to mingle.:dthumb:

My yellow suit with the Roadrunner said "Beep Beep" on the ass, so I figured I gotta come up with something for this suit and "Mama Mia!" just popped in my head. The only problem is that soon the movie "Mama Mia!" will be coming out and it's a musical based on ABBA songs. So people will think that plus1 Maybe the chicks will dig it?:idk:

Amber Lamps
05-17-2008, 11:10 AM
You should have put "what what" instead of mama mia.

I was thinking.."You Talkin' To Me?" or " Ba Fangu'"(sp) or "What Chu Lookin' At?".:wink:

First of all, I'm a goofy bastard by nature. So I figured what the hell, might as well do something fun with the scooter. People always buy riding gears with company logos for their bikes, I'll do it for my scooter.

Secondly, I'm not rich but I do OK as a construction engineer. The key is being single and ready to mingle.:dthumb:

My yellow suit with the Roadrunner said "Beep Beep" on the ass, so I figured I gotta come up with something for this suit and "Mama Mia!" just popped in my head. The only problem is that soon the movie "Mama Mia!" will be coming out and it's a musical based on ABBA songs. So people will think that plus1 Maybe the chicks will dig it?:idk:

:iagree: X 1,000,000! I've never made over $75,000 in a year but being a single non-drinker/smoker/drug user and not having a bunch of child support payments running around,leaves me with alot of loose change in my pocket!

p00kienrayray
05-17-2008, 05:03 PM
....Secondly, I'm not rich but I do OK as a construction engineer. The key is being single and ready to mingle.:dthumb:...

2 sweet ass aprilias, an aprilia scooter, & pretty ass gear including lids for each ride is more than OK in my book.

jalaan1
05-17-2008, 10:57 PM
nice!

:idk: i guess. lol.

Dnyce
05-18-2008, 12:29 AM
did i miss where u said how much it cost? im in cali too, and i need a suit

fnfalman
05-19-2008, 01:50 AM
did i miss where u said how much it cost? im in cali too, and i need a suit

It's 1900 smackaroos. If you don't go crazy with the graphics and other doodads, it drops down to around 1500 or so.

Mr Lefty
05-19-2008, 02:38 AM
fuck me that's expensive! I guess it is custom made... but damn....

fnfalman
05-19-2008, 09:08 AM
fuck me that's expensive! I guess it is custom made... but damn....

Have you checked the price on a set of a Dainese 1-piece made-in-Pakistan/made-in-Estonia shit lately?

Dnyce
05-19-2008, 09:15 AM
no...but i could swear when i last checked prices on a suit it was more like 850-1000....

are 2piece suits cheaper?

z06boy
05-19-2008, 09:30 AM
First of all, I'm a goofy bastard by nature.

Oh come on !! Really ? :rofl::rofl:

Nice bikes and scooter. :dthumb:

DLIT
05-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Whack

fnfalman
05-19-2008, 01:02 PM
no...but i could swear when i last checked prices on a suit it was more like 850-1000....

are 2piece suits cheaper?

Dainese suits range from $800 all the way to $2000.

A properly made 2-piece suit looks funny because the jacket tends to cut really short at the waist. If the jacket were to be cut to look like a regular jacket then it wouldn't attach to the pants right. Most cheap 2-piece suits have a flap of nylon or cloth with the zippers sewn into them and that's how they attached to each to each other. The Z Custom 2-piece suit has heavy brass zippers sewn directly onto leathers.

neebelung
05-19-2008, 01:23 PM

:dvrofl: I was JUST thinking that!

the chi
05-19-2008, 04:18 PM
oh babe, cool points down with that one...but sheer audacity to rawk that makes up for it!! I want pics when you roll up to the mall in that getup on the scoot!!!

Amber Lamps
05-19-2008, 04:41 PM
oh babe, cool points down with that one...but sheer audacity to rawk that makes up for it!! I want pics when you roll up to the mall in that getup on the scoot!!!

HEY! I call shenanigans!!! A $2000,bright red, full racing suit with "MAMA MIA" on the back, riding a 50-125cc scooter = "COOL" but a $10 mohawk or a bill on a helmet = douche/lame/overdone....huh?

the chi
05-19-2008, 04:45 PM
HEY! I call shenanigans!!! A $2000,bright red, full racing suit with "MAMA MIA" on the back, riding a 50-125cc scooter = "COOL" but a $10 mohawk or a bill on a helmet = douche/lame/overdone....huh?

merely because ANYONE can get a mohawk or a bill on their helmets, but someone with the nerve to get "Mama Mia" on their ass (dancing queen :lol:) and rawk that on a SCOOTER, deserves points for having the cojones to do so!!!

Amber Lamps
05-19-2008, 04:48 PM
merely because ANYONE can get a mohawk or a bill on their helmets, but someone with the nerve to get "Mama Mia" on their ass (dancing queen :lol:) and rawk that on a SCOOTER, deserves points for having the cojones to do so!!!

oh so more $$$=cool... ha ha,just kidding as I've stated before everyone has a right to their opinion in my book!

Mr Lefty
05-19-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't see any issue with the leathers other than they're expensive... it's not all about looks... shit if it was about looks he wouldn't own a scooter!

so are you really racing this thing?

fnfalman
05-19-2008, 08:23 PM
If I can find a SoCal scooter racing organization, I'd be all over that mutha!!!

So far I haven't any luck yet. They race 50-cc minibikes but not 50-cc scooters.:idk:

The only organization so far that I've found is way the hell up in Sacramento/San Francisco area.

Crazy
05-19-2008, 09:00 PM
what the hell do you do anyway?
I work for a trading firm (internship). im a full time student. Why?

jtemple
05-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Dainese suits range from $800 all the way to $2000.

A properly made 2-piece suit looks funny because the jacket tends to cut really short at the waist. If the jacket were to be cut to look like a regular jacket then it wouldn't attach to the pants right. Most cheap 2-piece suits have a flap of nylon or cloth with the zippers sewn into them and that's how they attached to each to each other. The Z Custom 2-piece suit has heavy brass zippers sewn directly onto leathers.My Joe Rocket 2 piece has the zipper sewn directly to the leather (big plastic zipper, not brass). The jacket actually extends below the zipper. It fits like a normal jacket when worn without the pants. So, to zip them together, you have to reach up under the jacket to do it.

Dnyce
05-20-2008, 12:14 AM
yea, my teknic 2piece is the same way-big plastic zipper to the leather, and the jacket hangs down past the zipper.

dainese is nice-but i meant when i was looking at custom suits, what i wanted was around 8-900 bucks. bates or vanson, dont remember which company.

and crazy, that wasnt directed towards you. was asking the o.p.

fnfalman
05-20-2008, 09:07 AM
and crazy, that wasnt directed towards you. was asking the o.p.

Vanson is definitely not cheap. A custom suit from Vanson is probably around $2000 and Bates should price closely with Z Custom and NJK (all in SoCal).

jtemple
05-20-2008, 11:34 PM
So, now that you got the suit, when are we getting pics of you dragging a knee on the scoot?

fnfalman
05-21-2008, 09:51 AM
So, now that you got the suit, when are we getting pics of you dragging a knee on the scoot?

When I can find a place to go and do it.