06-21-2010, 07:26 PM
If I had blank check tomorrow...

RSV4 Factory hands down!

Cutty72
06-21-2010, 07:34 PM
If I had blank check tomorrow...

RSV4 Factory hands down!

Truth!

Little too track orientated for every day riding for me, but still would love to have one in the garage.

Captain Morgan
06-21-2010, 07:57 PM
fuckin sweet

Porkchop
06-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Burn...:lol:

smileyman
06-21-2010, 08:53 PM
If I had an RSV 4 I may not care to ever ride on the highway again...

t-homo
06-21-2010, 09:30 PM
sick

Trip
06-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Stock for stock, I would take the s1000rr if I was spending my own money. If I had a "blank check" I would have a shit ton of motorcycles.

The stock BMW seems to be winning more than the stock RSV in FIM.

Rangerscott
06-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Ah. Who fucking cares which one is 1mph faster. How many of yall bought a bike because it was considered "the best?"

Second vid doesnt work.

derf
06-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Stock for stock, I would take the s1000rr if I was spending my own money. If I had a "blank check" I would have a shit ton of motorcycles.

The stock BMW seems to be winning more than the stock RSV in FIM.

I thought that BMW was second to last while Aprillia was in 3rd?

Trip
06-22-2010, 08:15 AM
I thought that BMW was second to last while Aprillia was in 3rd?

A BMW is killing the field in Superstock 1000. #1 is like 100 points while #2 (a honda) is like 46 points in the standings. The BMW has won all 4 races they have run. The WSBK boys are far from stock. The Superstock are much closer to the real showroom floor bike.

DLIT
06-22-2010, 10:26 AM
NIce. Still haven't seen the Aprilia in person, but I can say the BMW is fucking sick.

101lifts2
06-22-2010, 11:20 PM
The RSV4 is fucking sick in person.....

But I'd take the BMW for street/track use. Oh no I wouldn't forget it.

Dave
06-22-2010, 11:25 PM
its no secret id go for the ape. better looking, better sounding, better challenge

Homeslice
06-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Aprilia = consistently the best styling of any manufacturer

I'd even buy an R1 over the S1000rr. The R1 sounds 10 times better, especially with an exhaust.

Trip
06-23-2010, 12:30 PM
You can get the s1000rr for 15730 MSRP for the abs/traction control/quick shifter model. Left out the alarm option. You can't even get the baseline RSV4 for that price MSRP.

$ for $ the s1000rr is a better value and option for a stock model.

Dave
06-23-2010, 12:41 PM
You can get the s1000rr for 15730 MSRP for the abs/traction control/quick shifter model. Left out the alarm option. You can't even get the baseline RSV4 for that price MSRP.

$ for $ the s1000rr is a better value and option for a stock model.

Wooo a whole $270 in savings! Call the bank ethel ima open up one o them thar mutual fund thingys the man on tha talkie box was goin on bouts

Trip
06-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Wooo a whole $270 in savings! Call the bank ethel ima open up one o them thar mutual fund thingys the man on tha talkie box was goin on bouts

That's for the top of the line BMW vs the bottom of the line RSV4. Try more like $5k difference when you go to the RSV4 factory. That's a whole SV.

Dave
06-23-2010, 02:06 PM
That's for the top of the line BMW vs the bottom of the line RSV4. Try more like $5k difference when you go to the RSV4 factory. That's a whole SV.

Just about enough for a facelift, she's gonna need it

marko138
06-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Wow, that Aprilia video is awesome.

Trip
06-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Just about enough for a facelift, she's gonna need it

I like it, it's different. The RSV4 looks like honda 600rr bred with a honda 1000rr.

Dave
06-23-2010, 02:31 PM
I like it, it's different. The RSV4 looks like honda 600rr bred with a honda 1000rr.

I can see where you might see that. To be honest the triple headlight strikes me of the 954rr and we can't forget both companies favor red and black schemes (hey, who wouldn't). However, most of those cues were pre-exisiting on both versions of the rsv mille. All three of which are ball achingly gorgeous

Trip
06-23-2010, 02:40 PM
I can see where you might see that. To be honest the triple headlight strikes me of the 954rr and we can't forget both companies favor red and black schemes (hey, who wouldn't). However, most of those cues were pre-exisiting on both versions of the rsv mille. All three of which are ball achingly gorgeous

I am not a priller sportbike fan, they always look bland to me. Nothing special, might as well be japanese instead of exotic without the reliability or cheap price tag. The nakeds are different though.

Dave
06-23-2010, 02:57 PM
I am not a priller sportbike fan, they always look bland to me. Nothing special, might as well be japanese instead of exotic without the reliability or cheap price tag. The nakeds are different though.

You know when the buell guys trot this tired opinion out it almost makes sense. Not so much in this case. There's really only so many ways to do things. I'm guessing you base your expectations for most european sportsbikes (other than bmws limited offerings) on ducati's stagnant technology?

Trip
06-23-2010, 03:04 PM
You know when the buell guys trot this tired opinion out it almost makes sense. Not so much in this case. There's really only so many ways to do things. I'm guessing you base your expectations for most european sportsbikes (other than bmws limited offerings) on ducati's stagnant technology?

I am not talking about technology. I am talking about pure looks. It just like any regular japanese bike. It's like buying a Ferrari or Lambo and it looking like a toyota camry. I think the KTMs do a better job of being exotic. I would rather an RC8 over the RSV4.

marko138
06-23-2010, 03:24 PM
I think this is a dig against Buell but I'm not sure how. :scratch:

dReWpY
06-23-2010, 03:33 PM

cause most anything said on a non buell board is prolly a dig some how lolz

marko138
06-23-2010, 03:36 PM
cause most anything said on a non buell board is prolly a dig some how lolz
Pretty much.

Dave
06-23-2010, 03:38 PM

I said your bike looks weird lol

marko138
06-23-2010, 03:39 PM
I said your bike looks weird lol
Oh. Ok. I know it does. I like that.

Trip
06-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Oh. Ok. I know it does. I like that.

It's fun having ugly bikes. I will be the first to admit the GS is fucking ugly. It's not Wee Strom ugly, but it's close.

marko138
06-23-2010, 03:52 PM
It's fun having ugly bikes. I will be the first to admit the GS is fucking ugly. It's not Wee Strom ugly, but it's close.
Agree. I like odd looking stuff.

Captain Morgan
06-23-2010, 03:52 PM

Hey, I resemble that remark! :lol:

Trip
06-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Hey, I resemble that remark! :lol:

you know you have one of the ugliest bikes in history.

marko138
06-23-2010, 03:55 PM
True story.

derf
06-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Buell bikes look like they were designed by nazi child molesters

marko138
06-23-2010, 04:14 PM
I dont know what that means.

Tmall
06-23-2010, 04:31 PM

All I'm getting from this is that they frighten you because you're a child sized jew?

Homeslice
06-23-2010, 05:31 PM

If anything, Ducatis look bland, because other than the Tri-Color, all of their bikes are single-colored. And single-colored is boring, IMO.

Rangerscott
06-24-2010, 10:54 PM

If only women did too.

Amber Lamps
06-24-2010, 10:59 PM

So does your WIFE!!! BaaaaZing!:lol:

Amber Lamps
06-24-2010, 11:00 PM
All I'm getting from this is that they frighten you because you're a child sized jew?

w00t!!!:rockwoot:

marko138
06-25-2010, 07:56 AM
If only women did too.

So does your WIFE!!! BaaaaZing!:lol:

I think I did alright.

Amber Lamps
06-25-2010, 02:31 PM
I think I did alright.

if she has a pulse you did outstanding for you.... j/k. I'm sure that your wife is lovely.

marko138
06-25-2010, 02:39 PM
if she has a pulse you did outstanding for you.... j/k. I'm sure that your wife is lovely.
Fucking wise guy.

EpyonXero
06-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Doesn't the RSV4 have an engine recall?

Dave
06-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Doesn't the RSV4 have an engine recall?

I heard rumors to that effect

Cutty72
06-25-2010, 04:24 PM
They did, it was a rod issue. I believe its done for those out now.

Gas Man
06-26-2010, 01:03 AM
Lovely? She's down right hot. Not too mention hugely over the Marko rating of acceptance vs his looks. :D

fnfalman
06-26-2010, 02:09 AM
You can either try to tame the Aprilia beast or die trying.

The BMW will tame itself for you.

azoomm
06-26-2010, 06:32 AM
You can either try to tame the Aprilia beast or die trying.

The BMW will tame itself for you.

Exactly. I rather have a bike that works with me rather than against me. So, lose your way from the other thread?

Amber Lamps
06-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Exactly. I rather have a bike that works with me rather than against me. So, lose your way from the other thread?

I don't see his point either... you can buy the BMW without all the gadgets if you want. The choice is yours.

Now as far as the argument goes, real talk, if your position is that I rather get the BMW over the Ape because of price concerns...well, then allow me to suggest a GSXR1000 with the Bazazz set-up...:idk:

Trip
06-26-2010, 07:49 AM
I don't see his point either... you can buy the BMW without all the gadgets if you want. The choice is yours.

Now as far as the argument goes, real talk, if your position is that I rather get the BMW over the Ape because of price concerns...well, then allow me to suggest a GSXR1000 with the Bazazz set-up...:idk:

Yeah the jap bikes will always win the budget war.

azoomm
06-26-2010, 08:07 AM

I like this new world of choices.

marko138
06-26-2010, 09:19 AM
In less than 2 hours I'm gonna demo this new world of choices. I'm for it. I'm excited to ride them both. The Beemer for the electronics, as I've never ridden a bike with any sort of traction control. And the Ape b/c it's a totally bad ass looking machine and it's a V4. Though, I wish it was the Factory version.

derf
06-26-2010, 09:51 AM
In less than 2 hours I'm gonna demo this new world of choices. I'm for it. I'm excited to ride them both. The Beemer for the electronics, as I've never ridden a bike with any sort of traction control. And the Ape b/c it's a totally bad ass looking machine and it's a V4. Though, I wish it was the Factory version.

Let us know how they feel back to back.

Cutty72
06-26-2010, 02:45 PM
And... :tt:

Amber Lamps
06-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Let us know how they feel back to back.

I promise you a few things will be evident after getting off that Buell, 1. lots more power 2. lack of vibration 3. sore wrists 4. killer brakes 5. major boner!:lol:

Dave
06-26-2010, 03:21 PM

To be fair, I've never seen one tested "bare" and there is a LOT of dickriding going on (same shit that happened last year with the r1) if it was price alone id make the same choice, with a third gen ten ;). I figure you could have a left over 08 with a bazazz and half the damn race catalog for 15k.

marko138
06-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Tigger don't be so sure of yourself buddy.

Amber Lamps
06-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Tigger don't be so sure of yourself buddy.

Really? Why? There is no doubt that the two Euro bikes have more power and better brakes. Also, there can be little doubt that the Buell has a more comfortable seating position. You're getting off a bike that could be had for $5,000 brand new recently and sitting on two that are pushing $20,000. To me that would be like getting out of a Cobalt SS and into a Alfa Romeo or BMW M3... Opinions are subjective but numbers are not. You can certainly feel and/or even say that you think that your Buell is a better bike than these two but...well...:idk:

You know what? You're right. In fact, I test drove a 'Vette last week and my Mustang Gt is a much better car! Yep...much better, I'll just keep telling myself that....

marko138
06-26-2010, 05:05 PM
You're missing my point but whatever.

Amber Lamps
06-26-2010, 11:58 PM
You're missing my point but whatever.

Okay, well what is your point? I made some basic ASSumptions as far as ergos, power, brakes, etc between the bike you own and the two Euro bikes... other than ASSuming anything, where did I go wrong?:idk:

Dave
06-27-2010, 12:50 AM
sbk misano. corser on pole with biaggi right behind. this is the beemers best chance to prove itself...

marko138
06-27-2010, 09:38 AM
Okay, well what is your point? I made some basic ASSumptions as far as ergos, power, brakes, etc between the bike you own and the two Euro bikes... other than ASSuming anything, where did I go wrong?:idk:
Do they make more power? Of course. But the vibes...that you are wrong about. I'm making a full thread right now. I'll explain.

smileyman
06-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Sportrider or Motorcyclist one or the other reviewed the 1125R head to head against the Duc 1198 and KTM RC8 and it didnt fair so bad...I'll dig for the issue.

Ergos are much better than most SS bikes I have ridden, but since I have not sat or ridden a BMW or Aprilia V4 i cannot say for certain.

I know the 1125 R leaves a bad taste in the mouths of those who havent ridden it.
bad impression on those r

Amber Lamps
06-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Sportrider or Motorcyclist one or the other reviewed the 1125R head to head against the Duc 1198 and KTM RC8 and it didnt fair so bad...I'll dig for the issue.

Ergos are much better than most SS bikes I have ridden, but since I have not sat or ridden a BMW or Aprilia V4 i cannot say for certain.

I know the 1125 R leaves a bad taste in the mouths of those who havent ridden it.
bad impression on those r

Now wait a minute, I know that you guys have been so severely bashed that you assume every comment is negative but,

1 (@SM) Marko has a HD V-Twin Buell, totally different from what you ride. My comments were aimed specifically @ Marko/ his Buell and not every Buell in the world. Again, I understand that you all would jump if I made a negative comment about a Blast at this point...

2 (@M) I said that your ergos are BETTER than theirs judging by the numbers and reviews that I have read. As far as power/brakes go, well hp/tq is a no brainer.. I think the fact that EVERY racer that has used any Buell to race has changed to a more standard brake set up tells the story.

3 (@SM) I have ridden a bike like Marko's so I do have some limited experience on it. I even once rode a 1125R for about 10 miles when I was considering getting in on the "Fire Sale"...

4 (both) Bottom line getting off ANY push rod V-Twin standard and getting on a modern sport bike is going to be eye opening and hard on producing imho. Of course, that's only if you enjoy, performance...

Trip
06-27-2010, 11:13 AM
sbk misano. corser on pole with biaggi right behind. this is the beemers best chance to prove itself...

The beemer is proving itself just fine in Superstock 1000. It needs to get rid of one of the two over hill riders and put someone who can do something on one of those rides, namely Xaus.

Aryton will hopefully replace Xaus next season since he is now 5 for 5.

Biaggi is just lucky Spies went to Moto GP.

Amber Lamps
06-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Do they make more power? Of course. But the vibes...that you are wrong about. I'm making a full thread right now. I'll explain.

Cool! I have heard that the Ape is a bit buzzy... If you are about to tell me that the BMW vibrates MORE than a HD equipped Buell... well, I'm going test riding ASAP because this I have to see!!! I know from first hand experience that a Buell like yours vibrates more than my bike does.

smileyman
06-27-2010, 11:18 AM
i was just looking at the ergo comment and the two Buells are almost identical there.
No arguments on performance or vibes, you get what you pay for just like your vette/GT comment.

Amber Lamps
06-27-2010, 11:19 AM
The beemer is proving itself just fine in Superstock 1000. It needs to get rid of one of the two over hill riders and put someone who can do something on one of those rides, namely Xaus.

Real Talk!

Tmall
06-27-2010, 11:22 AM
I know from first hand experience that a Buell like yours vibrates more than my bike does.

At idle, without a doubt. But, once under way it is seriously one of the least vibrating bikes I have ever ridden. The rubber mounts dampen it very well once the engine mounts are planted, anywhere after about 2000rpm.

At idle, it will move across my driveway. Once under way, I have never had numb feet or hands and can honestly say there is no noticable vibration once it's going.

Amber Lamps
06-27-2010, 11:22 AM
i was just looking at the ergo comment and the two Buells are almost identical there.
No arguments on performance or vibes, you get what you pay for just like your vette/GT comment.

Well, I said your is BETTER...are you saying that they are not?:idk: Well, I think that Marko's bike is more comfortable than mine anyway.:wink:

smileyman
06-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Not on same page with ya Lamps.

No, i agree the ergos are better. Not much more to comment on there. Buell kool aid is giving me a hangover, LOL.

I like mine, good for the price, good for the application, definitely doesnt stack up to a 20 Thousand dollar anything...

That outta the way Biaggi makes the V4 look brilliant, Camier not so much, BMW seems the better showroom bike, but modified the Factory Ape looks hard to beat.

Captain Morgan
06-27-2010, 12:09 PM

Yep, and it doesn't bother me at all. When I first saw someone riding a strom, I thought, WTF is that thing? But after riding mine, I fucking love it.

Amber Lamps
06-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Not on same page with ya Lamps.

No, i agree the ergos are better. Not much more to comment on there. Buell kool aid is giving me a hangover, LOL.

I like mine, good for the price, good for the application, definitely doesnt stack up to a 20 Thousand dollar anything...

That outta the way Biaggi makes the V4 look brilliant, Camier not so much, BMW seems the better showroom bike, but modified the Factory Ape looks hard to beat.

Totally agree! I wondered what you were taking issue with...:idk::lol: I also agree that the BMW seems to be a great bike out of the box.

Amber Lamps
06-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Yep, and it doesn't bother me at all. When I first saw someone riding a strom, I thought, WTF is that thing? But after riding mine, I fucking love it.

I had the same relationship with my 'Busa.:lol: Hell, you can't see the bike from the seat anyway!:lol:

Dave
06-27-2010, 01:57 PM

http://www.reelmovienews.com/files/brainy-smurf.jpg

vastly different riding styles and body types, with all the development (up till recently) for max

Trip
06-27-2010, 02:18 PM

LOL, that's all you got. At least me and fnl own the brand we are fan boys of and have experience, you are just a wannabe.

Dave
06-27-2010, 02:29 PM
LOL, that's all you got. At least me and fnl own the brand we are fan boys of and have experience, you are just a wannabe.

he owns the brand he hates too, by your argument doesnt that make his word more valid than yours? doesnt that sound ridiculous? :lol: speaking of things i own i need to edit my moto, since one of those things is gone :lol:

smileyman
06-27-2010, 02:47 PM

vastly different riding styles and body types, with all the development (up till recently) for max

Maybe we should work out a body mass index for comparing results?

Trip
06-27-2010, 02:53 PM
he owns the brand he hates too, by your argument doesnt that make his word more valid than yours? doesnt that sound ridiculous? :lol: speaking of things i own i need to edit my moto, since one of those things is gone :lol:

No it doesn't sound ridiculous, he has a valid argument for not liking BMW. It does make his opinion of the brand quite acceptable. You on the other hand are just a wannabe.

Dave
06-27-2010, 04:05 PM
whatever you say :lmao: