PDA

View Full Version : Aprilia RSV4/BMW S1000RR demo ride

marko138
06-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Took these two sweet pieces of European machinery out on a nice demo ride yesterday. The scene was this: 3 people. 2 demo riders and Mike, the guy from the shop. The demo is an hour long (or more accurately about an 1:15). You start out on one bike, stop half way and switch to the other bike. We made a nice run up the mountain that I ride regularly. Though, on these high dollar bikes I was riding like a rookie.

First the bikes:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/Aprilia%20BMW%20demo/DSCN0627.jpg

I started out the Aprilia RSV4R.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/Aprilia%20BMW%20demo/DSCN0619.jpg

First thing. As the group before me pulled in I noticed how awesome the stock exhaust sounds on this bike. I can only imagine the sweetness that would sing from an aftermarket pipe. Killer. Now, this bike is tiny. So we get under way. Clutch engagement was smooth. Pull was relatively light. Much lighter than my Buell, which requires Hulk like forearms to pull the clutch.

The bike is simply NOT comfortable. But shit, does it fall into turns. No effort required. Not super stable at lean, but not insanely twitchy. The engine was nice. Great sound. Good torque. Pulled clean and hard. I was short shifting a lot. Probably b/c I'm used to the low redline of my XB and simply because at 6 grand the Ape is making A LOT of noise and plenty of power. I wound it out several times and it continues to pull clean all the way to the near 14,000 red line. The engine has a good bike on engine braking. Therefore constant working of the brakes wasn't really required.

The brakes. Brembos. Solid. Not super strong initial bite. Nice and progressive. Good feel.

I've become accustomed to the long throw and clunky gear box of my Buell. So much that I dont like the slick Jap and Euro transmissions. I can't even tell if that shit is shifting. Thus, I was very sloppy on my shifts. Even a short pull on the clutch lever didn't allow me a clean shift. I'm just not used to the bike or the slick tranny. Not the bikes fault. A few more miles would have certainly gotten me more familiar.

A couple things I didn't like: The heat. My feet got hot quick. And the dash. A lot of info up there and none of it is very large. Gear indicator (first bike I've rode with one) was way too small. Tach easily readable, though. Another thing. The VIBES. This bike has them in spades. Through the bars and through the pegs. My hands and feet were very tingly after 35 minutes of so on this beast. And the mirrors. Take them off b/c they are USELESS. The only view they provide is that of your armpits. Ditch them.

Over all a very nice bike. A very track oriented bike. It's a bike with a heart and soul, and character. Much like my Buell.

More pics of the RVS4:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/Aprilia%20BMW%20demo/DSCN0621.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/Aprilia%20BMW%20demo/DSCN0623.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/Aprilia%20BMW%20demo/DSCN0626.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/Aprilia%20BMW%20demo/DSCN0628.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/Aprilia%20BMW%20demo/DSCN0634.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/Aprilia%20BMW%20demo/DSCN0635.jpg

Now, on to the S1000RR.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/Aprilia%20BMW%20demo/DSCN0620.jpg

We ran the same route home in reverse. First thing. This bike sits lower than the Ape and feels just a touch heavier. Also, MUCH more comfortable. Similar to my Buell, but slightly more racey ergos.

This bad boy was fitted with a slick Akrapovic exhaust. Sounded nice, but not loud at all. Much nicer dash than the RSV. Big bright shift light. Big gear indicator. Easily read tach.

The engine was smooth. Pulls clean from down low and pulls smooth all the way to the top. Wasn't overwhelmed with the power. Just smooth and clean and easy to ride.

She took just a touch more effort to turn in than the Ape. Just went over easy and was SUPER stable. No twitching, held a great line. Suspension was just a bit softer than I like. The Ape's suspension was set up perfect for me.

I was cleaner shifting this bike than the RSV4. But, forget the clutch. The German is much easier and smoother to shift without the clutch. Also, I could run this a gear lower than the V4.

Not nearly as much engine braking on the Beemer. So, the Brembos got more of a work out. And SHIT...what a set of brakes. WOW! They bike fast and they bite HARD. Talk about stopping on a dime. Never did activate the ABS, though. Really nice brakes.

The vibes on this bike were much more tame. Just a little though the pegs. My only real complaint was the stiff throttle. My hand got cramped holding the throttle steady. The bike was super responsive to throttle adjustment too. I'd imagine at higher rates of speed and track riding this would be excellent.

Overall BMW hit a home run with this bike. Really impressive machine. Super smooth, insanely refined. Not bad for a first effort at a full on sportbike. :lol:

More BMW pics:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/Aprilia%20BMW%20demo/DSCN0622.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/Aprilia%20BMW%20demo/DSCN0629.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/Aprilia%20BMW%20demo/DSCN0630.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/Aprilia%20BMW%20demo/DSCN0632.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/Aprilia%20BMW%20demo/DSCN0633.jpg

SUMMARY:

I really wanted to love the Aprilia. It's got heart, soul, and it's a V. The sound is awesome. It's quirky, like my Buell. I like that. But holy shit if the BMW isn't a great bike. So smooth, so refined, and despite FNFLMAN's best wishes, it's EASY to ride fast. Even for a jabrone like me. Just confidence inspiring. The Ape isn't. It makes you work. But the reward is a great handling bike with killer looks.

And yes, Tigger, both bikes have way better numbers than my Buell. And I know it kills you that I actually like that bike. Sorry, brother. Both bikes have stronger brakes, sure. But the RSV felt very similar in progressiveness and bite. And the BMW seating position was very similar to the XB. Both bikes will out run the Buell easily. I know that. But REAL TALK, my Buell pulls harder off the line than both. Sorry. I know you are hating me for typing that.

All told, if I was buying one today it would be the Aprilia RSV4. I like bikes with character. But the BMW is a GREAT GREAT ride.

And a final photo for your viewing pleasure:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/markgraves138/Aprilia%20BMW%20demo/DSCN0625.jpg

Trip
06-27-2010, 10:50 AM
What mode was the bmw in? That could explain the lack of power. The dealer won't put it in slick mode for demos.

Amber Lamps
06-27-2010, 12:02 PM
What mode was the bmw in? That could explain the lack of power. The dealer won't put it in slick mode for demos.

You beat me...it was probably in "rookie" mode to be exact.

Marko, it never bothers me that someone "likes" something more than something else... BTW I've seen the performance numbers on both the Buell and the BMW, pardon me if I have a hard time believing that the Buell "pulls harder" than the BMW. According to the 1/4 mile, 60-80 and 80-100 numbers...well, not likely. It may feel that way to you and I can appreciate that but the numbers don't agree with you.:idk: BTW I defiantly rode Yamahas through the 90s even though all the mags and numbers pointed towards Honda, so I understand how a bike will call to you.

azoomm
06-27-2010, 12:22 PM
You beat me...it was probably in "rookie" mode to be exact...

I was thinking "rain" mode. It has lower horsepower and a slower delivery throttle... no way it was lagging in the upper modes. That gives 193 and a quarter turn throttle.

The BMW would be more smooth upshifting without a clutch - that is, if it has the quick shifter :) The first time I rode it I went to 6th at 40mph because I didn't think it was shifting, it was that smooth :lol:

What a great demo they gave you! Trying them back to back gives a unique view that most won't ever get.

Amber Lamps
06-27-2010, 12:27 PM
I was thinking "rain" mode. It has lower horsepower and a slower delivery throttle... no way it was lagging in the upper modes. That gives 193 and a quarter turn throttle.

The BMW would be more smooth upshifting without a clutch - that is, if it has the quick shifter :) The first time I rode it I went to 6th at 40mph because I didn't think it was shifting, it was that smooth :lol:

What a great demo they gave you! Trying them back to back gives a unique view that most won't ever get.

Real Talk. I was kidding about "rookie" mode...

azoomm
06-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Real Talk. I was kidding about "rookie" mode...

It's alright, we call it "neutered" :wink:

Trip
06-27-2010, 12:56 PM
What are all the modes, I forget. I didnt test ride rain and I know they didn't install the fastest mode yet because it was still below the break in point when they will do it.

DLIT
06-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks. I still need to get my ass to the BMW dealer and test ride one. I rode a '05 1000RR today and I think I'm addicted to the limitless power in any gear at any RPM. I may be looking into getting a 1000 for strictly street use. Sell the street stuff from my R6 and make it track-only. Decicions, decisions. I'd be interested in a '07+ R1 or '08 and up 1000RR. Wish I could afford the Beemer.

Amber Lamps
06-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Thanks. I still need to get my ass to the BMW dealer and test ride one. I rode a '05 1000RR today and I think I'm addicted to the limitless power in any gear at any RPM. I may be looking into getting a 1000 for strictly street use. Sell the street stuff from my R6 and make it track-only. Decicions, decisions. I'd be interested in a '07+ R1 or '08 and up 1000RR. Wish I could afford the Beemer.

But I thought you were always one of the, "No one needs a liter class bike on the street types"... Look if all of you 600 guys go out and buy 1000s, who the heck am I going to argue with?:lol: Come on say it with me, "Only douches and guys with small penises buy liter bikes"...:wink:

Dave
06-27-2010, 04:09 PM
But I thought you were always one of the, "No one needs a liter class bike on the street types"... Look if all of you 600 guys go out and buy 1000s, who the heck am I going to argue with?:lol: Come on say it with me, "Only douches and guys with small penises buy liter bikes"...:wink:

seriously, could you imagine if he rode a k5 instead of the honda? :eek:

Trip
06-27-2010, 05:01 PM

You will still have me, I will continue to say there is no need for a 1000. But I understand want vs need.

So you can still argue with me.

Although I got to say that with technology, the 1000 is starting to get more attractive. It's getting a shitload lighter and offering a lot more bang for the buck.

Amber Lamps
06-27-2010, 06:49 PM
You will still have me, I will continue to say there is no need for a 1000. But I understand want vs need.

So you can still argue with me.

Although I got to say that with technology, the 1000 is starting to get more attractive. It's getting a shitload lighter and offering a lot more bang for the buck.

Nooooooo!!! Liter bikes suck! They are heavy and impossible for mere mortals to ride. They will kill everyone that even looks at them too long. You're not ready for a liter bike, no one is. You'll never ride it to it's full potential so it's stupid for the OEMs to even produce the dang things. They are bad for the environment, are to blame for global warming and are at least partially responsible for the oil spill. People that ride them are douchebags, pedophiles, serial killers, suicidal, retarded, squids, ugly, and MORMONS!!!!

Trip
06-27-2010, 06:50 PM
nooooooo!!! Liter bikes suck! They are heavy and impossible for mere mortals to ride. They will kill everyone that even looks at them too long. You're not ready for a liter bike, no one is. You'll never ride it to it's full potential so it's stupid for the oems to even produce the dang things. They are bad for the environment, are to blame for global warming and are at least partially responsible for the oil spill. People that ride them are douchebags, pedophiles, serial killers, suicidal, retarded, squids, ugly, and mormons!!!!

lol

Dave
06-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Nooooooo!!! Liter bikes suck! They are heavy and impossible for mere mortals to ride. They will kill everyone that even looks at them too long. You're not ready for a liter bike, no one is. You'll never ride it to it's full potential so it's stupid for the OEMs to even produce the dang things. They are bad for the environment, are to blame for global warming and are at least partially responsible for the oil spill. People that ride them are douchebags, pedophiles, serial killers, suicidal, retarded, squids, ugly, and MORMONS!!!!

hey! im not mormon :lmao:

derf
06-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Yeh my bike never had bp oil or gasoline run through it

Amber Lamps
06-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Yeh my bike never had bp oil or gasoline run through it

You know, Fred you are such an atypical Jew. Kinda like Jesus really... but he's already been born so that would make you the.....
ANTI-CHRIST!!!! Oh no! It's the end of days!:panic:

6doublefive321
06-27-2010, 07:33 PM
If you aint got a liter, you aint got a peter.

goof2
06-27-2010, 08:12 PM

I'm a liter bike rider that doesn't own a liter bike. Who knew?:lol:

Gas Man
06-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Great write up Marko. I wish I could have been there...

Amber Lamps
06-27-2010, 08:58 PM

write up? on what?:lol:

Trip
06-27-2010, 09:33 PM
If you aint got a liter, you aint got a peter.

How many liter riders actually have a liter in their bike though? Most have like 999 or 998. Ya'll just ain't got a true liter. I got over a liter, so suck it bitches.

marko138
06-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks man.

Trip
06-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks man.

What mode was the Beemer in?

Gas Man
06-28-2010, 05:22 AM
I'm guessing like me. He never asked or knew anything abt it. I did know many beemers hv suspension settings but didn't know they had retard settings too.

marko138
06-28-2010, 07:29 AM
It was in Sport...but who fucking cares at this point.

Cutty72
06-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Nice write up Mark.
As for the liter bike thing, I have a over liter that runs with 600's :)

smileyman
06-28-2010, 11:26 AM
How come is it we always end up talking penis size, i mean, displacement? Most of the riding I do could be done well by a Ninja 500. Like Cutty my ZX6R has toured with, carved with, and embarrassed literbikes either out of their element or poorly ridden. I remember my SV650 hounding GSXR 1Ks and 750s at the track only to be gobbled up mercilessy by 125 strokers. Even my 636 was no match for a well ridden and set up TZ.

There is no perfect displacement, only the right tool for the job. As for the Ape V the Beemer, its obviously fire and Ice, Midnight blue and cherry red.

Question is how do you like to ride?

if passionate, focused seduction is your bag get the Aprilia.

if cold digital precision and efficient velocity is your thing get the BMW...

Trip
06-28-2010, 11:27 AM
I've passed a gixxer 1000 on a Rebel 250 at the gap. The rider was not happy. LOL

smileyman
06-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Not happy that he was on a Rebel 250? That would be motivation for devil may care aggression...

Trip
06-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Not happy that he was on a Rebel 250? That would be motivation for devil may care aggression...

I was on psychochild's rebel 250 trying it out at the gap. I came up on a gixxer 1000. He would gun it in the straights to keep me behind him. We came up to a particularily tight section of the gap that I know well because it's my favorite section. I used it as an opportunity to out brake him into a corner and pass him. He came screaming around me when we got to local straight, but by then, the damage was done, he got passed by a 250 cruiser.

smileyman
06-28-2010, 11:44 AM
LOL! Thats what happens when guys up the cc to soon. You get corner parking HP/acceleration addicts.

I hounded a CBR 954 at a CMRA Endurance Round at TWS once. He would rocket by on the long front strecth, I would reel him coming off the banking under brakes, then pass him in the road course section of the infield. Different places but he was obviously getting worn out when it should have been the other way around.

He finally had to pit to refuel that thirsty beast and I got to laugh...

DLIT
06-28-2010, 01:50 PM

I know it, man. And I still stick to that. But unlike most, sooner or later, I will use more of it than most of the 1000 riders on the streets, because of my track experience. I'm addicted to speed, and the '05 1000RR I rode was fast as shit! Looking for a 1000RR or a R1.

Amber Lamps
06-28-2010, 01:55 PM
How come is it we always end up talking penis size, i mean, displacement? Most of the riding I do could be done well by a Ninja 500. Like Cutty my ZX6R has toured with, carved with, and embarrassed literbikes either out of their element or poorly ridden. I remember my SV650 hounding GSXR 1Ks and 750s at the track only to be gobbled up mercilessy by 125 strokers. Even my 636 was no match for a well ridden and set up TZ.

There is no perfect displacement, only the right tool for the job. As for the Ape V the Beemer, its obviously fire and Ice, Midnight blue and cherry red.

Question is how do you like to ride?

if passionate, focused seduction is your bag get the Aprilia.

if cold digital precision and efficient velocity is your thing get the BMW...

and why does it always go into a "it's not the size of the wand but the magic in it?" It's always stories about passing someone on a bigger bike with a smaller bike... Okay you are fast and you passed another rider on a larger bike, sweet. But isn't it true that you would have left him for dead on a bigger bike? Trip passed a guy on a Gixxer riding a Rebel, okay but what if he were on his 600 or even a CBR1000? Would it have been HARDER to make these passes?:idk: You are better riders than the guys you passed, true, but is it the bike's fault?

Trip
06-28-2010, 02:08 PM
and why does it always go into a "it's not the size of the wand but the magic in it?" It's always stories about passing someone on a bigger bike with a smaller bike... Okay you are fast and you passed another rider on a larger bike, sweet. But isn't it true that you would have left him for dead on a bigger bike? Trip passed a guy on a Gixxer riding a Rebel, okay but what if he were on his 600 or even a CBR1000? Would it have been HARDER to make these passes?:idk: You are better riders than the guys you passed, true, but is it the bike's fault?

No it isn't the bikes fault, it's just more satisfying. If I pass someone on a 600, it's not a big deal. So what, I have done it millions of times. Passing a liter bike on a crappy rebel is the stuff of legend. :lol:

No Worries
06-28-2010, 02:10 PM
My old liter bike has less HP than any of the new 600's. It has a steel frame, twin shocks, forks the thickness of a broom stick, skinny bias-ply tires, an air-cooled engine, two-valves per cylinder, an ignition curve done by springs and weights, and small carburetors.

But my liter bike has something in abundance that is never mentioned when comparing 600's and 1000's. Torque, and tons of it. My torque peak is at 6,500. That's usable all day long for the streets and backroads where I ride.

And I also rode the S1000RR. The brakes were awesome, and it was ungodly quick and fast, but my old Suzuki is way easier to toss around corners. If I had a rich uncle who gave me an RR, I would modify the handlebars to make them much higher, wider and further back. Then watch out.

tommymac
06-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Good stuff marko, wish I could have made it out there for some fun. I missed out on the bmw when zoomie was out here, but I wanted ot ride the sport tourers.

Are the ergos that bad on the priller? I couldnt believe how small it looks when I finally saw one. I sat on a bmw at the bike show and it didnt feel too comfortable to me. Both bikes have more than most of us mere mrotals can use anyway.

Oh and the issue with liter bikes in the corners, we deal with it at the track too. guys hammer it on the straights then park it in the corners. At least if theyre consistent I can keep repassing them by turn 2 or 3 LOL.

marko138
06-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Good stuff marko, wish I could have made it out there for some fun. I missed out on the bmw when zoomie was out here, but I wanted ot ride the sport tourers.

Are the ergos that bad on the priller? I couldnt believe how small it looks when I finally saw one. I sat on a bmw at the bike show and it didnt feel too comfortable to me. Both bikes have more than most of us mere mrotals can use anyway.

Oh and the issue with liter bikes in the corners, we deal with it at the track too. guys hammer it on the straights then park it in the corners. At least if theyre consistent I can keep repassing them by turn 2 or 3 LOL.
The Ape was extremely uncomfortable to me. Compound that with the vibes and it was all but unbearable...for me. I dont know that the BMW was down right comfortable, but after getting off of the RSV it felt like a touring bike.

tommymac
06-28-2010, 02:50 PM
The Ape was extremely uncomfortable to me. Compound that with the vibes and it was all but unbearable...for me. I dont know that the BMW was down right comfortable, but after getting off of the RSV it felt like a touring bike.

thats what I was figuring if youre uncomfortable it would be worse fo rme since I am taller than you. I had a similar exp when I test rode a 999. handled like a dream but after 20 min I wanted off in the worst way.

DLIT
06-28-2010, 04:06 PM
My old liter bike has less HP than any of the new 600's. It has a steel frame, twin shocks, forks the thickness of a broom stick, skinny bias-ply tires, an air-cooled engine, two-valves per cylinder, an ignition curve done by springs and weights, and small carburetors.

But my liter bike has something in abundance that is never mentioned when comparing 600's and 1000's. Torque, and tons of it. My torque peak is at 6,500. That's usable all day long for the streets and backroads where I ride.

And I also rode the S1000RR. The brakes were awesome, and it was ungodly quick and fast, but my old Suzuki is way easier to toss around corners. If I had a rich uncle who gave me an RR, I would modify the handlebars to make them much higher, wider and further back. Then watch out.

But your liter bike is old as shit. Most of us here are younger than you. Those old, heavy bikes don't appeal to us. Neither do the "performance" specs.

smileyman
06-28-2010, 04:46 PM
I just know I would buy the one I thought could kill me quicker. Taming the beast is what makes riding fun to me regardless off what displacement...

Gas Man
06-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Damn I thought this was a thread on a demo ride not a penis measuring contest... did I click the wrong link? WOW

smileyman
06-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Says the man with the most cc of us all...T Hee

azoomm
06-28-2010, 10:45 PM

:lol

If not for ePenis, forums wouldn't be much fun. Now, would they? :lol:

Homeslice
06-28-2010, 11:04 PM
If a liter bike isn't needed for the street, neither is a 600, or even a 250 for that matter. Go to Europe where people commute on 125's every day of the week.

Amber Lamps
06-29-2010, 12:23 AM
If a liter bike isn't needed for the street, neither is a 600, or even a 250 for that matter. Go to Europe where people commute on 125's every day of the week.

Hell, go to Korea where they ride bicycles...:lol:

Amber Lamps
06-29-2010, 12:27 AM

If not for ePenis, forums wouldn't be much fun. Now, would they? :lol:

really... go over this thread and eliminate all the posts that don't directly deal with the subject... a couple "nice write up dude" posts and a comfort question. Wow boring.:lol:

Gas Man
06-29-2010, 02:52 AM
This is true I believe...

AND YOU REMEMBER DAT SHIT MOFOs!!!

Trip
06-29-2010, 08:54 AM

For the US, something bigger is needed than Europe with our use of interstate. Probably around a 400 is about where we would need to be for needed. A 250 isn't very adept to running interstate speeds. I believe Japan already has this size on the market too.

smileyman
06-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Well not to dip into the base threadjacking arguments again but no neither 600s or 1000s are needed...Just desired. Beating my 'right tool for the task' horse again.

We're 'muricans dammit, if a thou exists we want 1800. If it puts down 200 hp we find a way to turbo/supercharge/nitro it into BIG hp. Nothing wrong with that but some riders see a challenge in less is more, even an ego stroke to get it done that way. Just like some riders get stroked sittting on the biggest and bestest.

Now back on topic, I was reading Sportriders liter comparo andthey were somewhat underwhelmed at the base model RSV4 at 16 large didn't have anywhere the composure of the Factory at 21,000. The BMW base without so much electronics may be the better budget rocket. Although the one they tested against the other manufacturers was fully loaded...

Trip
06-29-2010, 09:42 AM
The BMW base without so much electronics may be the better budget rocket. Although the one they tested against the other manufacturers was fully loaded...

The fully loaded one is only like 2k more. It's not a drastic leap in price. So they aren't shipping many stripped down versions over here because people don't want them, they want all the tech.

marko138
06-29-2010, 09:56 AM
The fully loaded one is only like 2k more. It's not a drastic leap in price. So they aren't shipping many stripped down versions over here because people don't want them, they want all the tech.
Makes sense to me. Especially for only that much more $.

z06boy
06-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Nice Marko...wish I could ride these two bikes back to back. Great pics as usual and also interesting to hear ones opinions to go along with it. :cheers:

As far as the literbike v.s. 600 thing...I just ride what I like and what I can afford.

I'm sure several of you can pass me in the twisties on your 600...that's great and I don't really care to be honest :idk:. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I'm a car guy first that just happens to enjoy motorcycles as well.

I have friends that are faster than me in the twisties on the bikes but if I'm in my Z06 and they are on their bike...different story and I usually scare the fvck out of them when they can't shake me off of their azz...I get real close and the car is LOUD. :lol: I'm talking about roads that we both know...not a road that they know and I don't. If neither one of us know the road...that's ok too...letzroll !! :rofl: I've attended a few driving schools but never a track day with the bike...hopefully I will sometime.

I have a 600 and a literbike in the garage and I'll take the R1 over the R6 everyday of the week...I just like it better...period. :idk:

The view from inside...well almost...in my actual car you can see the bulge of my aftermarket hood that was needed due to the supercharger. :lol:...

http://image.gmhightechperformance.com/f/15637586+w750+st0/0905gmhtp_17_z+head_up_display+on_a_2002_corvette_ z06.jpg

Mine...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d724b3127ccec55f52b6383a00000040O08AcMWjly5cNA e3nww/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

marko138
06-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks man, glad you liked it.

Trip
06-30-2010, 10:33 AM
I have a 600 and a literbike in the garage and I'll take the R1 over the R6 everyday of the week...I just like it better...period. :idk:

Ever try them both in tight technical twisties. That's where the 600 will shine and you will be much happier with the lighter weight. That's why a lot of people who live near mountains like 600s over 1000s. Of course I don't know where your skill level is at, so you may not notice a huge difference between the two.

z06boy
06-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Ever try them both in tight technical twisties. That's where the 600 will shine and you will be much happier with the lighter weight. That's why a lot of people who live near mountains like 600s over 1000s. Of course I don't know where your skill level is at, so you may not notice a huge difference between the two.

Agree 100%. I'm only a couple of hours from the mountains at the most but most of my riding is around here. We have 'some' decent roads but not like the mountains.

I'm sure I'm no where near your skill level so I'm pretty sure you could pass me on a little bike or a Busa (maybe even a Goldwing :willy: :rofl:) at the gap. :lol: I really don't know the gap at all...only been on it a couple of times.

DLIT
06-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Might be a nice 2007 R1 in my garage within the week! Mint, already got some nice mods too. 3000 miles. $7,500.

marko138
06-30-2010, 10:59 AM
Might be a nice 2007 R1 in my garage within the week! Mint, already got some nice mods too. 3000 miles. $7,500.
Nice.

DLIT
06-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Wifey approved. So this might become a reality sooner than I thought.

marko138
06-30-2010, 12:07 PM
That's great man.

Dave
06-30-2010, 12:21 PM

It amuses me that owners of all other makes want r1 throttle tubes because they give us quick action and r1 owners want honda tubes so they can do better wheelies :lol:

Particle Man
06-30-2010, 12:25 PM

suweeet

z06boy
06-30-2010, 12:26 PM

Cool deal !!

Trip
06-30-2010, 12:42 PM
I can't believe dlit is buying a liter and a used one at that. This is so not dlit.

z06boy
06-30-2010, 12:51 PM
I can't believe dlit is buying a liter and a used one at that. This is so not dlit.

I'm interested to see if he actually likes it after thrashing an 09 R6 around.

Trip
06-30-2010, 01:09 PM
I am more amazed at the used part, the liter part doesn't really surprise me.

DLIT
06-30-2010, 01:48 PM
The used one is really the best deal for me. I do prefer new, but just can't afford it right now. Just needs tires and removal of the stickers he put on it. The fact I don't have to buy an aftermarket exhaust is a HUGE plus.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/1810957483.html

I'm sure I'll be thrashing the R1 around on the streets before long. I don't think it'll ever see the track though. I might even sell my street R6 stuff and make it track only. But the thought of having two street-legal weapons excites me too. On the other hand, I could sell the street stuff and beef up the suspension on the R1.

This is assuming that this guy's legit. I'm getting pretty fuckin' excited right meow.

DLIT
06-30-2010, 01:49 PM
It amuses me that owners of all other makes want r1 throttle tubes because they give us quick action and r1 owners want honda tubes so they can do better wheelies :lol:

You mean R6 throttles?

Dave
06-30-2010, 01:57 PM
You mean R6 throttles?

Both work, the r6 is a bit more extreme than the r1, like 1/3 instead of 1/4

Trip
06-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Everyone wanted the HRC tubes back when I rode Honda, the Yami tubes were cheaper though.

Dave
06-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Everyone wanted the HRC tubes back when I rode Honda, the Yami tubes were cheaper though.

I think the hrc setup requires the two peice style switch/throttle housing too.

Trip
06-30-2010, 02:03 PM
I think the hrc setup requires the two peice style switch/throttle housing too.

The HRC kit came with everything you needed to put it on your 600rr. Had new throttle cables and everything.