PDA

View Full Version : Rossi to Ducati?

Sean
06-30-2010, 11:54 AM
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2010/June/jun2910-World-Exclusive-Rossi-to-Ducati/

KSGregman
06-30-2010, 12:06 PM
According to Nick Harris and Gavin Emmit, it's a done deal....Stoner to Honda has already been signed too.

Should be an interesting season next year.... :rockwoot:

Particle Man
06-30-2010, 12:16 PM
that should mix stuff up a bit

z06boy
06-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Spies to get a factory ride with Yamaha I suppose ?

KSGregman
06-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Spies to get a factory ride with Yamaha I suppose ?

Yes.

Dave
06-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Now if suzuki would fix their shit it might get worth watching

KSGregman
06-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Now if suzuki would fix their shit it might get worth watching

Fix their shit and put at LEAST 2 additional bikes on the grid....it's getting to the point of embarrassment....a 15 rider grid....of which realistically, 10 are absolute cannon fodder with virtually NO chance to win the race....or to be anywhere NEAR the podium at the finish.

Having said that, Suzuki is going backwards this year...not forwards. Their bike is complete crap. It has an uncompetitive motor...the chasis sucks balls on anything other than a hot day...the bike doesn't turn and suffers from a fatal lack of grip. Loris Capirossi was said to have thrown down on Paul Denning after the last race....essentially delivering a "give me a competitive bike of fuck it" ultimatum after he and Bautista finished only ahead of a test rider filling in for an injured rider.

Trip
06-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Moto GP is going downhill fast. It's gotten to the point where I don't really care to watch, just check the results. I rather watch Moto2 or World Supersport. The factory duc being complete shit and Spies moving on to Moto GP really hurt World SBK for me.

KSGregman
06-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Moto GP is going downhill fast. It's gotten to the point where I don't really care to watch, just check the results. I rather watch Moto2 or World Supersport. The factory duc being complete shit and Spies moving on to Moto GP really hurt World SBK for me.

Moto2 is REALLY stealing the show this year...I get up and watch all 3 races live on MotoGP.com each race week-end...I have a high res season pass and it kicks ASS.

I LOVE LOVE the spec machine racing in Moto2....they have some REAL slug fests that are a blast to watch.

Dave
06-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Moto2 is REALLY stealing the show this year...I get up and watch all 3 races live on MotoGP.com each race week-end...I have a high res season pass and it kicks ASS.

I LOVE LOVE the spec machine racing in Moto2....they have some REAL slug fests that are a blast to watch.

I don't think I've seen one race without 5+ dnfs

KSGregman
06-30-2010, 04:35 PM
I don't think I've seen one race without 5+ dnfs

Tony Elias has some interesting thoughts on that subject...he says that the fact that the Moto2 machines are sooooo down on power is causing a safety issue during races....in that riders that can handle additional power are hamstrung...those riders that can't handle additional power/speed are able to ride with the more skilled riders...and get in over their heads while attempting to race the faster riders.

He argues (as most racers do) that the machines should be more powerful....to further seperate the great/experienced riders from those less skilled/less experienced. As it is, the experienced riders have to flog the piss out of the standard bike in order to truly gap/break the field...leading to what he calls being "put on the limit always."

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/161153/1/elas_calls_for_moto2_to_be_made_safer.html

Dave
06-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Fix their shit and put at LEAST 2 additional bikes on the grid....it's getting to the point of embarrassment....a 15 rider grid....of which realistically, 10 are absolute cannon fodder with virtually NO chance to win the race....or to be anywhere NEAR the podium at the finish.

Having said that, Suzuki is going backwards this year...not forwards. Their bike is complete crap. It has an uncompetitive motor...the chasis sucks balls on anything other than a hot day...the bike doesn't turn and suffers from a fatal lack of grip. Loris Capirossi was said to have thrown down on Paul Denning after the last race....essentially delivering a "give me a competitive bike of fuck it" ultimatum after he and Bautista finished only ahead of a test rider filling in for an injured rider.

Good for him, as I understand it the gsv-r isint much more than an old rgv frame with a v4 stuffed into it. Ok, maybe a bit more refined...but not by much :lol:

Dave
06-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Tony Elias has some interesting thoughts on that subject...he says that the fact that the Moto2 machines are sooooo down on power is causing a safety issue during races....in that riders that can handle additional power are hamstrung...those riders that can't handle additional power/speed are able to ride with the more skilled riders...and get in over their heads while attempting to race the faster riders.

He argues (as most racers do) that the machines should be more powerful....to further seperate the great/experienced riders from those less skilled/less experienced. As it is, the experienced riders have to flog the piss out of the standard bike in order to truly gap/break the field...leading to what he calls being "put on the limit always."

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/161153/1/elas_calls_for_moto2_to_be_made_safer.html

Interesting theory, kinda explains some things. I def thought nieto would be doing better for example

DLIT
06-30-2010, 05:53 PM

If that happened, Moto2 would be boring as shit to watch. And if he thinks he's being put on the limit by racing less experienced guys that are keeping up with him when he's at his limit's end, what does it say about him? Can't handle the heat, Tony?

Mr Lefty
06-30-2010, 08:30 PM
If that happened, Moto2 would be boring as shit to watch. And if he thinks he's being put on the limit by racing less experienced guys that are keeping up with him when he's at his limit's end, what does it say about him? Can't handle the heat, Tony?

exactly what I was thinking...

KSGregman
06-30-2010, 10:44 PM

I didn't read it that way...I read it as give me more power....these guys are tapped riding these bikes and are over their heads....hence the large number of accidents in the Moto2 class. I think he feels like alot of the guys wouldn't be able to handle the additional power and he wouldn't have to ride the bike as hard to create a gap on the majority of the field.

Porkchop
06-30-2010, 10:55 PM
According to Nick Harris and Gavin Emmit, it's a done deal....Stoner to Honda has already been signed too.

Should be an interesting season next year.... :rockwoot:

Who is done? Dovi???

Shit, I think Dovi has rode better this year than Pedrobear.

Trip
06-30-2010, 10:59 PM
I didn't read it that way...I read it as give me more power....these guys are tapped riding these bikes and are over their heads....hence the large number of accidents in the Moto2 class. I think he feels like alot of the guys wouldn't be able to handle the additional power and he wouldn't have to ride the bike as hard to create a gap on the majority of the field.

Maybe he should move back up to MotoGP if he needs more power. Fuck him, that's some good fucking racing. He should be pushing it to win a race.

KSGregman
07-01-2010, 12:44 AM
Who is done? Dovi???

Shit, I think Dovi has rode better this year than Pedrobear.

No way Pedro-bot loses the Respol ride...he's Spanish.

The rumor is that Honda will run 3 "factory" bikes....2 in Repsol livery...for Stoner and Pedrosa...and one in Red Bull livery for Dovi.

z06boy
07-01-2010, 09:22 AM

The rumor is that Honda will run 3 "factory" bikes....2 in Repsol livery...for Stoner and Pedrosa...and one in Red Bull livery for Dovi.

This is the 2nd time I've read this...this morning so sounds like a good possibility.

Dave
07-01-2010, 10:17 AM

Kinda like how max biaggi gets more screentime than anyone else in sbk cause all the cameramen are italian? :lol:

DLIT
07-01-2010, 10:52 AM

The reason why there's so many wrecks is because there's 41 fucking bikes on the grid. People are gonna wreck. Elias is just hating because he couldn't find a better class to ride for in 2010.

karl_1052
07-02-2010, 07:18 AM

Isn't this racing?

Racing is supposed to be 100%(especially in a non-endurance event).

Tell Elias, if he wants to cry, he can cry on Pedrobots shoulder while they both cuddle with Puig.

Dave
07-10-2010, 04:53 PM
things that make you go hmm...

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2010/July/jul0710-live-from-misano-crew-awaits-rossi/

Porkchop
07-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Rossi to SBK? Wouldn't that be a step down in competiton and $$$??? Seems ass backwards to me. :scratch:

Dave
07-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Rossi to SBK? Wouldn't that be a step down in competiton and $$$??? Seems ass backwards to me. :scratch:

He is kinda on the back side of his career, id expect that move in a few more years though. Maybe he's just trying his options?

KSGregman
07-11-2010, 08:33 PM
He's not going to WSB...the Yahama WSB team loaned him a bike for his trial run...no big deal. He'll be on the Ducati next year with Hayden...probably a 2 year deal. Spies will get his ride on the factory M1 and Crutchlow will probably take the vacated Tech 3 seat.

Mr Lefty
07-11-2010, 09:04 PM
personally I'd love to see him in WSBK...

I don't think they'd be as competitive with him as Lorenzo, Pedro, and a few others... but I'd finally be able to fully ignore MotoGP.

WSBK is much better racing IMO... 20+ bikes, more action in 2 laps than 2 races at MotoGP... good shit.

KSGregman
07-11-2010, 11:51 PM

I don't think they'd be as competitive with him as Lorenzo, Pedro, and a few others... but I'd finally be able to fully ignore MotoGP.

WSBK is much better racing IMO... 20+ bikes, more action in 2 laps than 2 races at MotoGP... good shit.

I don't disagree with you...I've really enjoyed watching the Moto2 class more than MotoGP this year.

Dave
07-11-2010, 11:53 PM

first five laps of race 2 were bananas

Porkchop
07-12-2010, 02:07 AM

I think WSBK is boring. I'd rather watch WSS.

Amber Lamps
07-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Moto2, Wss then Wsbk for me. I haven't any interest in the American series' at all. I couldn't tell you what going on at any level.

karl_1052
07-12-2010, 08:04 AM
Rossi would probably go F1 or Rally full time before going to WSBK.

Porkchop
07-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Rossi would probably go F1 or Rally full time before going to WSBK.

I was gonna say F1. But I didnt think that was going to be for a few years.

Amber Lamps
07-12-2010, 11:26 AM
I think that Rossi should go to Wsbk for Aprillia and take Biaggi's spot! Hahahaha!

Dave
07-12-2010, 11:48 AM
I think that Rossi should go to Wsbk for Aprillia and take Biaggi's spot! Hahahaha!

max is fine where he's at, give him corser's seat

Amber Lamps
07-12-2010, 04:37 PM
max is fine where he's at, give him corser's seat

No it would be classic!