PDA

View Full Version : On ESPN NOW!

t-homo
07-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Lebron is about to tell the world where he is going.

derf
07-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Miami?

t-homo
07-08-2010, 09:35 PM
yep

tached1000rr
07-08-2010, 09:39 PM
party in south beach

Porkchop
07-08-2010, 09:52 PM
He is leaving to win a championship, for less money. I completely respect it. Cleveland didn't get it done. Cleveland couldn't get it done. Doesn't seem like they tried.

Good job Cleveland.... time to float into oblivion again.....

t-homo
07-08-2010, 10:32 PM
I would love to be partying in either South Beach or Cleveland tonight. Either place will be nuts, just one is celebratory and one is not.

Trip
07-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Well this video needs an update, their poor economy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

Riceaholic
07-09-2010, 01:59 AM
Why did that deserve an hour on ESPN again?

derf
07-09-2010, 06:02 AM
Lebron!!!

EpyonXero
07-09-2010, 07:14 AM
He is leaving to win a championship, for less money. I completely respect it. Cleveland didn't get it done. Cleveland couldn't get it done. Doesn't seem like they tried.

Good job Cleveland.... time to float into oblivion again.....

People complain all the time about star athletes who only care about fame and money and dont care about winning now all these people are hating on Lebron for doing the opposite.

tached1000rr
07-09-2010, 08:33 AM
People complain all the time about star athletes who only care about fame and money and dont care about winning now all these people are hating on Lebron for doing the opposite.

truth! damned if you do, damned if don't....

OneSickPsycho
07-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Cleveland teams always suck and they always will... Lebron did the right thing... he made more than enough effort to bring a championship home, but you can't expect one man to carry a whole fucking team these days.

z06boy
07-09-2010, 09:29 AM

True. If I was a mutimillionaire in my 20's I'd much rather be sitting in Miami than Cleveland and he does have a better chance in Miami of winning a championship imho.

Actually I'd rather be sitting in Miami than Cleveland period.

t-homo
07-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Why did that deserve an hour on ESPN again?

An hour? It's still fucking on. lol

CrazyKell
07-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Who cares? :shrug:

t-homo
07-09-2010, 11:36 AM
I don't even watch NBA for more than a few weeks a year, but I was still interested.

z06boy
07-09-2010, 11:46 AM
I don't even watch NBA for more than a few weeks a year, but I was still interested.

Same here. Not a big fan even with the local team but I paid attention just to see what he was going to do.

z06boy
07-09-2010, 11:57 AM

I guess mainly just Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavalier fans mostly. :idk:

http://www.nbadanceteam.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/mia_dance07_305x350_fin.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/mia_dance08_305x350_rd5.jpg

http://www.cavsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/cavs_dance_team.jpg

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/wp-content/gallery/cavaliers/cavalierGirls14.jpg

Porkchop
07-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Cleveland teams always suck and they always will... Lebron did the right thing... he made more than enough effort to bring a championship home, but you can't expect one man to carry a whole fucking team these days.

Except for quitting in games 4, 5, and 6 of this years playoffs...

Get out of here you hockey loving canadian bastard.... :wink::lol:

Porkchop
07-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Message from Cavs owner Dan Gilbert to Cavs fans...

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

z06boy
07-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Bitter much ? :lol:

I hate the way players change teams these days especially in the NFL but that's just the way it is. :idk:

shmike
07-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Bitter much ? :lol:

I hate the way players change teams these days especially in the NFL but that's just the way it is. :idk:

Seriously.

I haven't followed the NBA for years so I'm unaware of any behind the scenes drama that may be at play.

The letter from Gilbert sounds to me like a whiney, bitchy, snot-nosed little brat just got his favorite toy taken away and he is crying about how unfair it is.

What a bitch.

Mr Lefty
07-09-2010, 01:12 PM
personally guaranteeing that they'll win a championship WITHOUT Lebron? shit... wtf ever.

first... or what... I hate when people make guarantees that they can't back up... if they don't, what happens... nothing... people forget him.. but if they do... dude looks like a star...

shit I can't see the Cav's getting out of the first round... IF they qualify for the playoffs next season

Porkchop
07-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Seriously.

I haven't followed the NBA for years so I'm unaware of any behind the scenes drama that may be at play.

The letter from Gilbert sounds to me like a whiney, bitchy, snot-nosed little brat just got his favorite toy taken away and he is crying about how unfair it is.

What a bitch.

Honestly, Dan got screwed. He got the run around. Bron ran the show. He got the players he wanted. He got the coaching staff fired, pulled in his new coach. He pulled the shots, and then left. Dan feels betrayed. And honestly it was kinda justified. He has the balls to take the shots at Bron. He knows he quit in the playoffs. That "misterious" elbow injury that we heard not a single thing about in Ohio after the loss to Boston.

And while part of it did sound whiney, the whole "several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up" is completely true. You didnt see Wade, Bosh, Boozer, or Amar'e do anything like this. Just one big show. And I love how he made the decision in Conneticut, he didnt want to be anywhere near Ohio.

Homeslice
07-09-2010, 03:24 PM
"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

ermkay.....

Flexin
07-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Message from Cavs owner Dan Gilbert to Cavs fans...

Holly fuck. No wonder he wanted to move. Thats from an owner?

James

defector
07-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Whatever. Dude knew he couldn't get it done in Cleveland, and bolted. I give him credit for not taking their $ knowing he couldn't deliver. In my mind,if Miami doesn't have a run like the bulls and Celtics did way back when, epic fail on their part.