PDA

View Full Version : Got pulled over on my scooter because some chick reported me reckless riding

fnfalman
07-12-2010, 01:10 PM
A cop pulled me over and claimed that some chick reported me riding recklessly on my scooter. Started to give me the riot act and all that crap. I asked him how the hell am I suppose to ride aggressively on a 50-cc scooter? And that I took the effort to wear a helmet, riding jacket, gloves, pants & boots so that I can go play pinball with the cars?

Then he started to rant about how some woman called in and specifically described my clothings, scooter and all that jazz. I told him then to give me a ticket and I'll see both him and my accuser in court. The cop then started talking about how he's going to keep an eye out for me and all this shit. I kept telling him to write me a ticket if he felt that strongly about this woman's report and I'll see them both in court and let the judge decides.

After about half an hour of back and forth, he let me go...not even with a warning ticket.

I feel strangely cheated.

the chi
07-12-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm surprised they bothered tho, honestly, without an eyewitness right there, they cant prove anything.

Homeslice
07-12-2010, 02:22 PM
WTF is the riot act and what does it have to do with speeding?

Adeptus_Minor
07-12-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm surprised they bothered tho, honestly, without an eyewitness right there, they cant prove anything.

Kinda what I'm thinking.
If all it took was a phone call to get some bonehead pulled over, I'd have police non-emergency on speed dial. :lol:

the chi
07-12-2010, 02:28 PM
You're kidding right Homeslice?

Homeslice
07-12-2010, 02:31 PM
You're kidding right Homeslice?

No :idk:

buzzcutt2
07-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Well...were you riding reckless? :whistle:

the chi
07-12-2010, 02:34 PM
:lol: Riot act is just a way of saying the cop went off on him and was hollering, etc.

Ex. I was late for curfew and Mom read me the Riot Act.

shmike
07-12-2010, 02:36 PM
"Getting read the riot act" means to be yelled at.

Pretty interesting page on Wiki. I never knew the history behind the phrase. :idk:

Because the authorities were required to read the proclamation that referred to the Riot Act before they could enforce it, the expression "to read the Riot Act" entered into common language as a phrase meaning "to reprimand severely", with the added sense of a stern warning. The phrase remains in everyday use in English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riot_Act

smileyman
07-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Serves ya, you biker punk! Shoulda screamed back at him...'We know where you live Bronze! we know where you live!' and 'Remember the Night Rider!'

07-12-2010, 03:06 PM
No :idk:

Jesus, slice, there was even a fucking Riot Act smiley at CF...

OneSickPsycho
07-12-2010, 03:08 PM
I had that happen once way back in the day on my 500 Ninja... Of course, I was going 100+ down the highway for a good 40 miles before getting pulled over... I wouldn't say I was reckless because there was really no other traffic, but I didn't have a good point to make and I got a warning. :didntdo::didntdo::didntdo::didntdo:

Particle Man
07-12-2010, 03:09 PM
So in who's Wheeties did you piss fnfalman? :lol:

derf
07-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Prolly was hoping you didnt have a motorcycle license or insurance.

fnfalman
07-12-2010, 05:49 PM
So in who's Wheeties did you piss fnfalman? :lol:

Maybe some ugly chick that I was suppose to make eye contact at a stop light or something?

The dude kept asking me if I was riding on a certain street and I kept saying yes. Then he asked why would a stranger called and reported me if I didn't do anything wrong. I asked him if this "person" was trained in law enforcement and vehicular codes? If not then how can she determine that I was breaking traffic laws. He didn't like hearing that one and told me that I need to watch my mouth. I kept telling him that if he were to feel so strongly about it then write me a ticket and I'll see him and the accuser both in court as is my right to due process.

By this point, having some wet-behind-the-ears kid trying to dress me down started to get on my damn nerves and I wished that he had written me a ticket so that I can go to court and duke it out. But I didn't get one. Should feel happy, but instead feel cheated.

Trip
07-12-2010, 05:58 PM
So were you doing anything stupid or illegal?

Captain Morgan
07-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Not sure about Cali, but here in Indiana you can't get a ticket if the cop doesn't witness the act. I'm guessing it may be the same there. He probably thought he could bust your balls, but found out you weren't going to take his BS.

We can certainly call in swerving, speeding, etc., and depending on the call, the cops are likely to show up, but if they don't witness the behavior, there is nothing they can do.

ericr
07-12-2010, 07:54 PM
You obviously looked like a hooligan on that "big" motorcycle and all that leather gear....you had to be up to some kind of no good!! :lol:

I understand how u feel a little cheated but it would have been more hassle than it's worth probably. Sure the judge would have dropped any ticket but you would only have satisfaction in the end, and more wasted time ;)

Smittie61984
07-12-2010, 08:08 PM
You obviously looked like a hooligan on that "big" motorcycle and all that leather gear....you had to be up to some kind of no good!! :lol:

You can't look wreckless in loafers, kahki shorts, pink polo shirt, and a flock of seagulls haircut. You know, typical scooter gear.

How could you worry about a little scooter? If I saw someone acting like a jackass on a scooter I'd love to hang around to watch them fuck up. It's not they are going to do anything to hurt someone in a car. Just enjoy the show.

Oh yeah, fnfalman. Since you got away with it, were you doing anything wrong???

the chi
07-12-2010, 09:08 PM
You could always call his chief and complain about harassment...they might not do anything, but it might make you feel better.

Porkchop
07-13-2010, 02:01 AM
You could always call his chief and complain about harassment...they might not do anything, but it might make you feel better.

Thats a good way to get on the "list" with the rook.

My dad left his friends house one night after a bit of pool, (and maybe drinking). He stopped at the light at the entrance to the neighborhood, and turned left when the light turned green. Cop instantly came flying after him from the parking lot across the street. My dad instantly played the "you had no reason to pull me over card", which is bold these days cause they can pull anything on you. Somehow he won without the cop taking his license or insurance. From that moment on we had Grove City cops following his vehicle whenever they spotted us, especially leaving that same neighborhood late at night. Its subsided a bit now that 2-3 years have passed.

101lifts2
07-13-2010, 02:08 AM
.....Oh yeah, fnfalman. Since you got away with it, were you doing anything wrong???

He hasn't admitted anything yet....which means he was acting like a punk. :lol

Particle Man
07-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Thats a good way to get on the "list" with the rook.

My dad left his friends house one night after a bit of pool, (and maybe drinking). He stopped at the light at the entrance to the neighborhood, and turned left when the light turned green. Cop instantly came flying after him from the parking lot across the street. My dad instantly played the "you had no reason to pull me over card", which is bold these days cause they can pull anything on you. Somehow he won without the cop taking his license or insurance. From that moment on we had Grove City cops following his vehicle whenever they spotted us, especially leaving that same neighborhood late at night. Its subsided a bit now that 2-3 years have passed.

Hmmm, cops don't have enough to do in that area?

the chi
07-13-2010, 09:21 AM

Thats what I was thinking...

Gas Man
07-13-2010, 09:53 AM
You're not in socal anymore... you california punk!

I'm with you though. I have family in law enforcement so i give them respect till they pull shit like that. I think I would have been in jail or something if a F'in punk cop kid started to "dress me down" like that. Especially if I wasn't doing anything wrong.

But that is the big question...

Were you?

OneSickPsycho
07-13-2010, 10:06 AM

In Grovetuckey? No.

fnfalman
07-13-2010, 10:29 AM
It's pretty damn hard to split lanes and do wild maneuverings when your scooter isn't faster than a fucking Toyota Prius.

azoomm
07-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Hmmmmmmm I've seen people be douchebags on bicycles. The size of the motor doesn't matter.

Sorry about the luck. It's very clear someone was simply jealous of your fantastic life and just wanted to bring you down. Keep rockin' in man...

Homeslice
07-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Prolly clipped her mirror :lol:

gavilan
07-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Wow. It sucks that a cop would take the time to harass you like that.

How could you worry about a little scooter? If I saw someone acting like a jackass on a scooter I'd love to hang around to watch them fuck up. It's not they are going to do anything to hurt someone in a car. Just enjoy the show.

This comment made me think of this dude... [hopefully not a repost?]

His safety crocs, among other things, didn't work. :wtfru:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgKoXzbw13E& (scooter trouble)

defector
07-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Wow! That was awesome.

Homeslice
07-13-2010, 01:15 PM
WTF? What a POS! Were his tires overheated, or did he scrape something hard enough to lift the tire?

Particle Man
07-13-2010, 02:08 PM
that had to hurt

Smittie61984
07-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Hmmmmmmm I've seen people be douchebags on bicycles. The size of the motor doesn't matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C03COHy61NM

Dude on the scooter isn't far away from having mad skillz like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfVtOmGKVf0

defector
07-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Battle scooter! I have raced those a couple of times over the last year. And even (gasp) a moped. Very popular with the Norcal hippies.

derf
07-13-2010, 05:59 PM
It looked like he paniced, put his foot down, and then lost it

Dave
07-13-2010, 06:48 PM
WTF? What a POS! Were his tires overheated, or did he scrape something hard enough to lift the tire?

scraped to lift

Gas Man
07-14-2010, 11:45 PM
It's pretty damn hard to split lanes and do wild maneuverings when your scooter isn't faster than a fucking Toyota Prius.
By judging your attitude. I'm calling that you deserved the harassment. You were ridin and actin a fool.

LeeNetworX
07-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Well...were you riding reckless? :whistle:

So were you doing anything stupid or illegal?

I haven't seen him answer, unless I missed it.

07-16-2010, 12:50 PM
It looked like he paniced, put his foot down, and then lost it

scraped to lift

Nope. Panic application of rear brake mid-turn.