PDA

View Full Version : More cannon fodder for the MotoGP grid in 2011

KSGregman
07-29-2010, 12:06 PM
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/161992/1/abraham_confirms_motogp_graduation_on_a_ducati.htm l

Great...just what the MotoGP grid needs. Another satellite Ducatti ridden by someone who has never finished on the podium in ANY class....not in 125..not in 250..not in Moto2...never.

The gap between the "haves" and "have nots" in MotoGP is just too great and it's KILLING the racing. Most MotoGP races turn into parades less than 1/3 of the way to race distance. Hell, the red lights haven't even gone out at most races and you KNOW that 3/4 of the grid have no realistic opportunity to compete for a podium. I keep watching out of habit...but the REAL racing is all happening in the Moto2 class and that is a fact.

z06boy
07-29-2010, 01:05 PM
"Thanks daddy" :wtfru:

Dave
07-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Daddys money may buy him a ride but it won't stop him from getting raped :lol:

KSGregman
07-29-2010, 01:56 PM

I know the MotoGP grid is short of bikes and riders...but seriously..this kid has been racing the lower tier classes since 2005 and has NEVER set foot on the podium.

It's embarrassing to the sport to put a rider with no real qualifications to compete at this level out there on a satellite bike that is notoriously difficult to master. Why not allow club racers on privateer bikes like the AMA does or something?

He's gonna get FLOGGED.

Sean
07-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Funny, the F1 guys look to MotoGP and talk about all the passing. I think MotoGP is awesome. F1...now that shiz is boring.

Dave
07-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Funny, the F1 guys look to MotoGP and talk about all the passing. I think MotoGP is awesome. F1...now that shiz is boring.

And the gp guys look at sbk and think about all the fun they are missing :lol: when asked if he'd go back if he wins biaggi politely told the reporter to go eff himself :lol:

KSGregman
07-29-2010, 02:22 PM
And the gp guys look at sbk and think about all the fun they are missing :lol: when asked if he'd go back if he wins biaggi politely told the reporter to go eff himself :lol:

Hell....I bet those on the MotoGP grid who truly enjoy a good "race" look at the Moto2 races with envy. People knock the spec bike racing format but I think it kicks ass. Level playing field....best rider wins. What's not to like?

And don't bore me with the "MotoGP is a technology showcase" argument. If I wanted a tech showcase, I'd visit a lab. I want to see good RACING.

z06boy
07-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Hell....I bet those on the MotoGP grid who truly enjoy a good "race" look at the Moto2 races with envy. People knock the spec bike racing format but I think it kicks ass. Level playing field....best rider wins. What's not to like?

And don't bore me with the "MotoGP is a technology showcase" argument. If I wanted a tech showcase, I'd visit a lab. I want to see good RACING.

I know the MotoGP grid is short of bikes and riders...but seriously..this kid has been racing the lower tier classes since 2005 and has NEVER set foot on the podium.

It's embarrassing to the sport to put a rider with no real qualifications to compete at this level out there on a satellite bike that is notoriously difficult to master. Why not allow club racers on privateer bikes like the AMA does or something?

He's gonna get FLOGGED.

yep

Dave
07-29-2010, 02:46 PM

The tech lab argument is toothless, when the hell do we get the tech? As a rider a homogolated production series does a whole lot more for us since the manufacturer HAS to sell what they race.

Moto2 irks me on different levels. Its a chassis prototype class that on paper should be pushing frame and suspension tech to the limit. In practice? Everyone went conventional. Hell, they aren't even developing the bikes they have considering a couple folks did midseason swaps to suter. If it was gonna be like this why not race box stock cbr600rrs?