View Full Version : CONFIRMED Rossi/Hayden 2011

Dave
08-04-2010, 09:53 AM
we all knew this was coming.

Wednesday 04 August 2010
Ducati's CEO Confirms Rossi and Hayden line-up in 2011 UPDATED
posted by Toni M. in: Personalities Ducati Moto GP

UPDATE: Ducati Press Release

Regarding the recent allegations attributed to Gabriele Del Torchio - Ducati CEO and President, Ducati states that no agreement has been reached with the riders Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden for the future Moto GP season, although our interest in these riders remains. We would like to say that the recent news which has appeared on the US website Cycle World and other websites has been misreported and must be attributed to the many rumors circulating lately. Whether and when an agreement is reached, official press releases will be issued.

While Jeremy Burgess was spinning MCN with “I’m not as convinced as I was” admitting for the first time that Valentino Rossi may not remain in Yamaha in 2011, Ducati’s CEO Gabriele Del Torchio who declared his admiration for Rossi during the Wrooom event last January has let the second worst kept MotoGP secret (least we forget the Stoner/Honda stories) out of the bag, confirming that the 9 times World Champion will be dressing and riding red next season.

Having stolen Rossi’s thunder that he would have revealed at the upcoming Brno GP, Del Torchio speaking to Cycle World said This season will not bring to Ducati any crown in the sport” said Del Torchio “but I look forward to Valentino Rossi teaming up with Nicky Hayden.”

Del Torchio went on with: “Nicky is a wonderful person and a great rider. This year, he greatly contributed to improving our Desmosedici racer. Next year, he and Valentino will hone the bike to its ultimate winning potential.”

We’re sure that Nicky Hayden will be mighty pleased with this confirmation and with the Italian CEO having spilled the beans, we now can expect that Yamaha’s Lin Jarvis may not want to wait for the Czech GP to announce the Lorenzo-Spies line-up.

z06boy
08-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Not surprised but not many would be at this point. Cool deal so now I'll be pulling for Yamaha and Ducati :lol:. I already like Hayden on the Duc but couldn't bring myself to pull for Stoner...he's good but I just don't care for him.

KSGregman
08-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Not surprised but not many would be at this point. Cool deal so now I'll be pulling for Yamaha and Ducati :lol:. I already like Hayden on the Duc but couldn't bring myself to pull for Stoner...he's good but I just don't care for him.

No one likes Casey Moaner....you should hear Nick Harris and Gavin Emmit get their understated, classicly English digs in at him during races....it's great fun. The kid has talent but seriously....he needs to just shut the fuck up and RIDE.

He loses EVERYONE virtually every time he opens his mouth and starts in with the pissing and moaning and whining.

the chi
08-04-2010, 10:58 AM
I wonder if riding with Rossi will improve Hayden...watching him ride in person at both Indy's you can see he's got something, now if only he could hone it into podiums like Rossi.

KSGregman
08-04-2010, 11:03 AM
I wonder if riding with Rossi will improve Hayden...watching him ride in person at both Indy's you can see he's got something, now if only he could hone it into podiums like Rossi.

Nicky and Valentino were team-mates at Honda at one point in time.

I'm curious to see if Rossi and Burgess can work with the Ducati. It's broken nearly everyone who's tried to ride it competitively....though it has been somewhat "tamed" since they switched to the big bang firing order motor.

Amber Lamps
08-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Nicky and Valentino were team-mates at Honda at one point in time.

I'm curious to see if Rossi and Burgess can work with the Ducati. It's broken nearly everyone who's tried to ride it competitively....though it has been somewhat "tamed" since they switched to the big bang firing order motor.

Well, they did it for Yamaha....that bike was impossible to win on too...according to Biaggi anyway.:lol:

KSGregman
08-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Well, they did it for Yamaha....that bike was impossible to win on too...according to Biaggi anyway.:lol:

True enough.... :lol:

I heard that Rossi is bringing his entire garage. Burgess...and all of his mechanics. I like his loyalty to those guys...and I like the fact that he has the "pull" to make it happen...you want me to ride your bike? Fine...pay me....and hire my boys. Or fuck off. Your choice. :lmao:

Amber Lamps
08-04-2010, 01:28 PM
True enough.... :lol:

I heard that Rossi is bringing his entire garage. Burgess...and all of his mechanics. I like his loyalty to those guys...and I like the fact that he has the "pull" to make it happen...you want me to ride your bike? Fine...pay me....and hire my boys. Or fuck off. Your choice. :lmao:

It must be nice....*sigh*... I can't even get my own parking space...:lol:

Dave
08-04-2010, 01:39 PM

It was a 990 screamer in 2002 when max rode the thing, they went crossplane shortly after vale showed up *edit, according to wikipedia it was also carbed

smileyman
08-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Viva la 2011!!! Everyone is going to be seeing red, everywhere. Wonder how much yellow Rossi will mix with that? Hayden and Rossi will be great together, just like at HRC and I think Hayden's results will improve IF they share development.

L8 Braker
08-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Some backpedaling going on...

http://motomatters.com/news/2010/08/04/and_it_s_off_again_ducati_officially_den.html

L8 Braker
08-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Another article of denial...

Soup :: Will He Or Won't He? Only Valentino Knows For Sure :: 08-04-2010 (http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2010/Aug/10080446.htm)

After a quote from Ducati CEO Gabriele Del Torchio surfaced in Cycle World stating that he was looking forward to Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden on Marlboro Ducatis in 2011, Ducati has issued a frank denial that Del Torchio ever said anything like that.

At Laguna Seca MotoGP, high ranking Yamaha execs said that as far as they were aware, Rossi had not yet signed a contract with anyone and that because of the right of first refusal clause in his current contract with Yamaha, they would know.

Sources close to Hayden said earlier this week that there was no news on his 2011 contract.

Ducati's Statement:

Regarding the recent allegations attributed to Gabriele Del Torchio - Ducati CEO and President, Ducati states that no agreement has been reached with the riders Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden for the future Moto GP season, although our interest in these riders remains.

We would like to say that the recent news which has appeared on the US website Cycle World and other websites has been misreported and must be attributed to the many rumors circulating lately.

Whether and when an agreement is reached, official press releases will be issued.

L8 Braker
08-04-2010, 06:21 PM
In reality, Brno will be the final say...Yami is bringing out out the new bike, and if Rossi isn't on the payroll, he won't be allowed to test it...

KSGregman
08-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Rossi told Nick Harris when asked about riding for Ducati "I sai I would make an announcement at Brno...I look around and i don't see Brno" :lmao: They were at Laguna Seca at the time. :lol:

fnfalman
08-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Rossi should just go to WSBK and whoop ass there.

smileyman
08-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Aint it Ironic that almost the entire staff at Cycleworld have recently resigned or been fired??

Dave
08-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Rossi should just go to WSBK and whoop ass there.

For kawasaki

Mr Lefty
08-07-2010, 07:19 PM
For kawasaki

no... Motoguzi... or MV

Dave
08-07-2010, 09:58 PM
no... Motoguzi... or MV

Neither race. Love to see Mv enter tho

Mr Lefty
08-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Neither race. Love to see Mv enter tho

i know thats my point. taking a non racing manufacturer and winning the championship

fnfalman
08-15-2010, 06:25 PM
It's official. Just saw it on Motogp.com. Rossi is going Red.

z06boy
08-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Crap...looks like I'll be selling the R1 and R6 and picking up an 1198 and an 848 for the wife and I now...ok maybe not !! :lol:

Oh well at least I can pull for the Yammi's and Duc's since Stoner won't be on one now. :lol:

karl_1052
08-16-2010, 12:45 PM
crap...looks like i'll be selling the r1 and r6 and picking up a desmo and an 848 for the wife and i now...ok maybe not !! :lol:

Oh well at least i can pull for the yammi's and duc's since stoner won't be on one now. :lol:

ftfy ;)

Dave
08-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Now I hear norton may be back?