PDA

View Full Version : Too old for a sport bike?

Rider
05-30-2008, 07:49 AM
What do you guys think? My wife thinks I look silly on a sportbike and thinks I should get a cruiser. I'm nearly 38 BTW.

neebelung
05-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Your wife is a tool. End of story.

(Sorry, no disrespect, but seriously, she wants you to buy a bike based on how she thinks you look on it? Get a grip!! :lol:)

There's a guy on our local board who's in his early 70's who still rides sportbikes. Not just rides, but collects and races. He's an incredible rider, and everyone looks up to him; and NO one would ever say he looks "silly" on a sportbike or that he's too old and should get a cruiser.

Get what you love and tell her if she wants a cruiser so badly, she can get one for herself.

JoJoYZF
05-30-2008, 07:57 AM
Ive seen dudes older than you on a sportbike. If youre still comfortable on one, buy it. Thats the key, I have a buddy who is 23 with pretty bad knees that still cant get comfortable on a sportbike.

Trip
05-30-2008, 07:59 AM
You are never too old to be a hooligan.

Mr Lefty
05-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Fuck that... the only reason OLD people should "graduate" to a non sportbike... is if they can't take the riding position anymore...

there was a guy that lived across the street from me in AK... dude had to be mid 60's... he had a MV Agusta F4, Ducatti 748, and several others that I only saw with out their fairings (two were Ducatti's... the others I couldn't tell)

Reall nice guy but he was really fuck'n shy... though he did come out and talk to me for about 40 mins when I first got my bike out...

but buy what bike your comfortable on... chances are... in 10 years it'll be considered comfortable and relaxed compared to the new line:lol:

Rider
05-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Ive seen dudes older than you on a sportbike. If youre still comfortable on one, buy it. Thats the key, I have a buddy who is 23 with pretty bad knees that still cant get comfortable on a sportbike.

Fuck that... the only reason OLD people should "graduate" to a non sportbike... is if they can't take the riding position anymore...

there was a guy that lived across the street from me in AK... dude had to be mid 60's... he had a MV Agusta F4, Ducatti 748, and several others that I only saw with out their fairings (two were Ducatti's... the others I couldn't tell)

Reall nice guy but he was really fuck'n shy... though he did come out and talk to me for about 40 mins when I first got my bike out...

but buy what bike your comfortable on... chances are... in 10 years it'll be considered comfortable and relaxed compared to the new line:lol:

Well my knees are jacked up and when I first started riding my current bike my knees would ache if I rode for longer than an hour. Now I m used to it and they don't bother me anymore.

Mr Lefty
05-30-2008, 08:13 AM
like I said... if it don't bug ya... then fuck it...

bottom line... if you still have the love for the bike... let your BODY tell you your to old... not anything else... fuck everything else

Audiomechanic
05-30-2008, 08:32 AM

(Sorry, no disrespect, but seriously, she wants you to buy a bike based on how she thinks you look on it? Get a grip!! :lol:)

There's a guy on our local board who's in his early 70's who still rides sportbikes. Not just rides, but collects and races. He's an incredible rider, and everyone looks up to him; and NO one would ever say he looks "silly" on a sportbike or that he's too old and should get a cruiser.

Get what you love and tell her if she wants a cruiser so badly, she can get one for herself.

Couldn't have said it better!

Seriously though, if you can still ride one, and still want one, go get one. Who cares what you look like. Do what you enjoy.

Rider
05-30-2008, 08:38 AM
Couldn't have said it better!

Seriously though, if you can still ride one, and still want one, go get one. Who cares what you look like. Do what you enjoy.

That's exactly how I feel. But she wants me to ride with the guys that live in my neighborhood. All of them are my age and all of them ride cruisers. The guys I ride with at work all ride sport bikes buy that are all younger too.

marko138
05-30-2008, 08:40 AM
You're an old bastard. Time to buy a cruiser you old buzzard.

Rider
05-30-2008, 08:43 AM

Thanks fucker.. I can always count on you... :lol:

marko138
05-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Thanks fucker.. I can always count on you... :lol:
I can't kiss your ass like all these other gang bangers.

neebelung
05-30-2008, 09:02 AM

:dvrofl:

OneSickPsycho
05-30-2008, 09:09 AM

True dat... Greyhound is the shit... I saw a pic of him in his AV of him draggin' knee... then I saw a pic of his mug and was like :wtf:... Dude's like 1,000 years old and still kicks ass. Awesome.

Since you're so old, you just have to be really fast. Otherwise it's a mid-life crisis mobile.

You are never too old to be a hooligan.

Truth. Everyone should own a streetfighter.

jtemple
05-30-2008, 09:11 AM
38 is not old.

You're never too old to ride a sportbike. Too out of shape, maybe. But never too old. If you can't handle riding a sportbike, it's not because of your age. It's because you need to get your fat ass off the couch.

neebelung
05-30-2008, 09:18 AM
True dat... Greyhound is the shit... I saw a pic of him in his AV of him draggin' knee... then I saw a pic of his mug and was like :wtf:... Dude's like 1,000 years old and still kicks ass. Awesome.

Since you're so old, you just have to be really fast. Otherwise it's a mid-life crisis mobile.

:werd: Greyhound is amazing. And SUUUUPPPPPPER nice. That guys travels all OVER the place for trackdays (he lives in Texas, but 'hangs out' on the local FL board).

Phenix_Rider
05-30-2008, 09:42 AM
That's exactly how I feel. But she wants me to ride with the guys that live in my neighborhood. All of them are my age and all of them ride cruisers. The guys I ride with at work all ride sport bikes buy that are all younger too.
SO? Who cares what the old guys ride! You're obviously not an "old guy."

38 is not old.

You're never too old to ride a sportbike. Too out of shape, maybe. But never too old. If you can't handle riding a sportbike, it's not because of your age. It's because you need to get your fat ass off the couch.

Exactly! Now, if you said you were 38, 5', 300 lbs with a triple bypass, and a back brace, then you'd be screwed.

z06boy
05-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Your wife is entitled to her opinion BUT I think she's wrong...period.

My wife and I are BOTH older than you and ride sportbikes....and love it !! :rockwoot:

With gear on no one can tell how old you are anyways. :idk: :lol:

Having said this...ok...most sportbike riders are in their 20's it seems so no I don't "hang out" with them when not riding but when on the bike and on the throttle...WGAF...you know ?

If I'm counting correctly (old you know :lol:) I've owned 8 sportbikes and 1 cruiser and am already looking forward to the 2009 R1 and what changes Yamaha may have made. :drool:

Yep...two "geezers" heading out...:rockout:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d626b3127ccec19bb50ea76900000016108AcMWjly5cNA e3nww

Oh yea...I didn't vote because none of the options were good...you're not too old. :whistle:

One day...when we can swing it we plan to maybe buy two cruisers and KEEP the sportbikes so we can "cruise" with the Harley crowd and "run" with the sportbike crowd.

jalaan1
05-30-2008, 10:39 AM
please, i'm 38 and just starting my sportbike career.

OneSickPsycho
05-30-2008, 10:42 AM
please, i'm 38 and just starting my sportbike career.

You don't look at all like you're 38.

Mr Lefty
05-30-2008, 10:45 AM
that's what I was thinking... I was think'n like 23... :lol:

the chi
05-30-2008, 10:49 AM
you missed the "never too old" option in your poll...

I realize in other states the majority of sport riders is early to mid 20's but several of the guys I ride with are either pushing their 40's or already well past them...hell some of them are past 50 and they still get up and go...

I met a guy at Jennings last trip, guy was in his 60's or 70's, cant remember his name, he said all his young rider buddies just called him "OG" for old guy and he was cool as shit, his first track day on a KICK ASS aprilia...he's one of those collector/rider types too, and he was talking about getting more and more track time, cuz now he's addicted!!!

Youre never too old to do what you love!

smileyman
05-30-2008, 01:32 PM
The CMRA club I used to race in has one of the most competitive and quick formula 40 classes I have ever seen. One of my "old" teammates was 53 and could seriously kick SV ass and one of my chief rivals for the 02 championship was 48...I think I will have to have some severe back or neck problems before I hang it up.

Still it is funny when some LEO pulls me over and expects to chew up some kid and he sees the grey hairs under the helmet:whistle:
:zowned:

pickle.of.doom
05-30-2008, 01:47 PM
You need to meet Randy. He's old as dirt and just got rid of his BUsa for an R1. Slams 40's to get ready for a ride too :lol: "hair of the dog", ya know.

PhiSig1071
05-30-2008, 02:10 PM
I voted for the streetfighter or SuMo, not because you're too old for a sportbike, just because SF/SuMo's are a BLAST!

Rider
05-30-2008, 02:20 PM
I voted for the streetfighter or SuMo, not because you're too old for a sportbike, just because SF/SuMo's are a BLAST!

SuMo's lack the power I want. And the only street fighter I would buy would be a Tuono, but I'm not spending $13.5K + on a bike right now.

PiZdETS
05-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Here's my guess at what she's worried about; she loves you and your riding scares her, especially sportbikes as everyone knows they're about speed and performance- risky endeavors.
She's coming to terms with her own mortality and just like any good wife, doesn't want to live the rest of her life without you. She wants you to switch to something like a cruiser so you'll go slower and take fewer risks, probably wants you to give up riding all together but knows you love riding so that's too much to ask.

If you're taking her argument at face value it's easily disputable, look up some of the current professional racers who are in their 30's, not many past about 35 but still a few that are up there, still competitive, still not dead. Without meeting you though I can't really say. Some 80 year olds are just as quick physically and mentally as I am, most 20 year olds arent so it really has to do with how badly your mind is atrophying with age.

Rider
05-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Here's my guess at what she's worried about; she loves you and your riding scares her, especially sportbikes as everyone knows they're about speed and performance- risky endeavors.
She's coming to terms with her own mortality and just like any good wife, doesn't want to live the rest of her life without you. She wants you to switch to something like a cruiser so you'll go slower and take fewer risks, probably wants you to give up riding all together but knows you love riding so that's too much to ask.

If you're taking her argument at face value it's easily disputable, look up some of the current professional racers who are in their 30's, not many past about 35 but still a few that are up there, still competitive, still not dead.

While I cant say that me riding doesn't scare her, the type of bike doesn't matter. She just wants me to "act" my age and have something in common with the cruiser riders in my neighborhood.

marko138
05-30-2008, 02:37 PM
While I cant say that me riding doesn't scare her, the type of bike doesn't matter. She just wants me to "act" my age and have something in common with the cruiser riders in my neighborhood.
Fuck those old bastard cruiser riding sunuvabitches.

Rider
05-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Fuck those old bastard cruiser riding sunuvabitches.

Said the Harley rider....... :lol:

marko138
05-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Said the Harley rider....... :lol:
Buell, asswipe.

Rider
05-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Buell, asswipe.

Tomayto.. Tomahto... :idk:

marko138
05-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Tomayto.. Tomahto... :idk:
Not even close.

PiZdETS
05-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Most cruiser riders are nice people. But boring. Usually middle management yes-men, dentists or salesman who like to talk about nothing but football and the weather.

Hang on to your edge and passion for risk taking dude, cruising to your death at 55 mph with tassles and white walls will NEVER be as awesome a way to go out as high-siding into a school bus at 120 mph in a massive fireball.

If you trade your badass kawi streetfighter for a cruiser* with tassles and neons and shit, you're dead to me.
*exceptions; M109R, busa, concours 14, triumph rocket III or bimmer k1200s

OTB
05-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Interesting topic.......

38, eh? That means I should have hung up my knee pucks almost 20 yrs ago..............hmmmmmm.......................... .................................................. ...................don't think so................................................ ..........................

Rider
05-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Interesting topic.......

38, eh? That means I should have hung up my knee pucks almost 20 yrs ago..............hmmmmmm.......................... .................................................. ...................don't think so................................................ ..........................

Hey does the Mrs OTB ever ask to ride on the back of your bikes?

OTB
05-30-2008, 03:06 PM
PS. I just found another no miles Bimota for sale and all my cash is tied up in the Triumph and the Katana....

anybody wanna loan me the balance and we can go halvsies on it. (You pay for it and I'll ride it.....:whistle:).

Just a thought.....

(As you can see, I've decided I'm not too old for sportbikes, yet......)

marko138
05-30-2008, 03:07 PM
PS. I just found another no miles Bimota for sale and all my cash is tied up in the Triumph and the Katana....

anybody wanna loan me the balance and we can go halvsies on it. (You pay for it and I'll ride it.....:whistle:).

Just a thought.....

(As you can see, I've decided I'm not too old for sportbikes, yet......)
Is it a DB6?

OTB
05-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Hey does the Mrs OTB ever ask to ride on the back of your bikes?

No. She has NO INTEREST in riding at all. She went out a couple of times with me, and said it wasn't her cup of tea, but if I enjoyed it, to have a good time and make certain the life insurance was paid up..............................

Is it a DB6?

Nah, it's a Yamaha 1000 motored YB8. Nice bike for everyday riding.....

marko138
05-30-2008, 03:21 PM
No. She has NO INTEREST in riding at all. She went out a couple of times with me, and said it wasn't her cup of tea, but if I enjoyed it, to have a good time and make certain the life insurance was paid up..............................

Nah, it's a Yamaha 1000 motored YB8. Nice bike for everyday riding.....
When you find a DB6 you let me know...not that I'll have the cash to buy it...but I'd like to know anyway. :lol:

Matter of fact...I'll take one of each:

http://www.bimotausa.com/imgs/db7/DB7_01.jpg

http://www.bimotausa.com/imgs/prev_del/gall/01.jpg

smileyman
05-30-2008, 03:34 PM
OK Piz, for the benefit of your S.O. Cruisers are inherently more dangerous than sportbikes due to the suck weight bias and lack of good brakes and suspension travel.

Sportbikes are way safer due to optimized weight transfer, powerful brakes, well behaved suspension...Brighter colors mean more visibilty. You sit up higher and therefore can see better too!

Rider
05-30-2008, 03:36 PM
OK Piz, for the benefit of your S.O. Cruisers are inherently more dangerous than sportbikes due to the suck weight bias and lack of good brakes and suspension travel.

Sportbikes are way safer due to optimized weight transfer, powerful brakes, well behaved suspension...Brighter colors mean more visibilty. You sit up higher and therefore can see better too!

I've used that angle already.

PiZdETS
05-30-2008, 03:38 PM

I agree wholeheartedly.
But the average person and probably dude's wife, think that slow and relaxed must be safer than fast and trying really hard and in that sense they're right. Sportbikers tend to haul ass and take way more risks on the road than cruiser riders yet in my experience cruiser riders are much more likely to ride to a bar, get fairly trashed and ride home where as most sportbikers are pretty good about that kind of shit.

We must convince her that the cruiser riders she wants him to be like are really liquor swilling madmen with barely functioning controls and handling that's wildly unsafe while sportbikers are gear nazi's who stress temperance and safety...and obeying speed laws...:whistle:

nhgunnut
05-30-2008, 04:05 PM
I am 50 and have a Ducati 999 and a Turbo Busa .. my wife who is "39 with a couple years experience" is begining to look for her sport bike. I dont care if you can tell how old I am or not. I don't hang out with 20 year olds as a rule cause it makes me and the 20 year olds feel creepy. Ride what you what you want the way you want to ride it!

Becca_007
05-30-2008, 04:50 PM
There are many times I feel old, but that wouldn't stop me from having a sportbike :). What stops me is the uncomfortable riding position. Now if only they'd make an upright with a full engine instead of this detuned business.

p00kienrayray
05-30-2008, 06:30 PM
get what u want. Don't get something that someone else wants. Besides 75% of riders I see @ the canyons are 40+...most city riders I see are kids like me who can't afford gas so we commute with it!

No Worries
05-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Most of the riders I see on sportbikes have helmets and leathers. Most of the riders on cruisers have hardly any gear. Maybe you wife is trying to kill you off. And if you think sportbikes are uncomfortable by putting too much weight on your wrists, try riding a cruiser with all your weight on your backbone. By the way, I'm 58 and I hate cruisers.

DLIT
05-30-2008, 06:44 PM
You remember Jayfooey from TWF? That dude was 45 and he was dragging fucking elbow! Another guy about the same age as you was running 1:20's on 5/17 when I was running 1:26's...and 1:26 is mid-pack race pace. You're not too old at all. Tell your wife to shut the fuck up and dep-dick her face.

I've used that angle already.

Who gives a shit what angle you use. Use the "because I fucking want one" angle. Be a man.

Where's the not too old option?

OneSickPsycho
05-30-2008, 07:46 PM
:twfix:You remember Jayfooey from TWF? That dude was 45 and he was dragging fucking elbow! Another guy about the same age as you was running 1:20's on 5/17 when I was running 1:26's...and 1:26 is mid-pack race pace. You're not too old at all. Tell your wife to shut the fuck up and dep-dick her face.

Who gives a shit what angle you use. Use the "because I fucking want one" angle. Be a man.

Where's the not too old option?

That shit brought a tear to my eye. Perfectly said.

t-homo
05-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Seriously, I read all of the options 3 times looking for a "I'm not too old, damnit." option. Get a sportbike. Its what you love. How much fun can it be to ride in a mile long funeral-procession type group down a straight road all day long. (This is in no way a bash at freedom riders or whatever its called. I actually want to get involved in it)

fatburg
05-30-2008, 10:44 PM
I just met a guy in Chattanooga that is in his 40's and has 7 ducati's and an MV Augusta

Phenix_Rider
05-30-2008, 10:54 PM
I just met a guy in Chattanooga that is in his 40's and has 7 ducati's and an MV Augusta

The racer I got my tires from is around there. Been racing for lots of years, and he still has two SV650 racebikes and two 1000ss? Ducati racers and an Aprilia Mille for the street.

fnfalman
05-31-2008, 12:34 AM
68 on the left and 41 on the right. You don't see no stinkin' cruiser there.

PS Go Naked!!!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/Aprilia%20Group%20Rides/ApriliaForumRide030.jpg

jalaan1
05-31-2008, 01:11 AM

that's what I was thinking... I was think'n like 23... :lol:

haha, thanks guys.
yup, started this whole sportbike thing late, but started nonetheless.

nope! i don't think i'm too old. will i ever get a cruiser, :idk:

DLIT
05-31-2008, 09:59 AM
Your wife is entitled to her opinion BUT I think she's wrong...period.

My wife and I are BOTH older than you and ride sportbikes....and love it !! :rockwoot:

With gear on no one can tell how old you are anyways. :idk: :lol:

Having said this...ok...most sportbike riders are in their 20's it seems so no I don't "hang out" with them when not riding but when on the bike and on the throttle...WGAF...you know ?

If I'm counting correctly (old you know :lol:) I've owned 8 sportbikes and 1 cruiser and am already looking forward to the 2009 R1 and what changes Yamaha may have made. :drool:

Yep...two "geezers" heading out...:rockout:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d626b3127ccec19bb50ea76900000016108AcMWjly5cNA e3nww

Oh yea...I didn't vote because none of the options were good...you're not too old. :whistle:

One day...when we can swing it we plan to maybe buy two cruisers and KEEP the sportbikes so we can "cruise" with the Harley crowd and "run" with the sportbike crowd.

The '09 R1 is sure to be 100% sex.

Rider
05-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Well I got the approval. Time to get the bike. I have a deal in the works but we are haggling over trade in price for my bike. Price for the new bike is $1k under MSRP before sales tax. So OTD will be about $500 under MSRP. I'll let you know Monday what it is.

jalaan1
05-31-2008, 05:13 PM
'Monday'?!!

can't, wait , that long. (in a Cap'n Kirk voice) lol.

good luck.

DLIT
05-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Well I got the approval. Time to get the bike. I have a deal in the works but we are haggling over trade in price for my bike. Price for the new bike is $1k under MSRP before sales tax. So OTD will be about $500 under MSRP. I'll let you know Monday what it is.

PM it to me, asshole. Don't want to wait that long.

Gas Man
06-01-2008, 01:35 AM
PM it to me, asshole. Don't want to wait that long.
Want me to ban him for that shit? WTF

DLIT
06-01-2008, 02:48 AM
Want me to ban him for that shit? WTF

Where...here? Negative, Rider's cool shit. If you're talking about the other spot, you shouldn't have even mentioned it. Fail./

Cutty72
06-01-2008, 07:29 PM
There are many times I feel old, but that wouldn't stop me from having a sportbike :). What stops me is the uncomfortable riding position. Now if only they'd make an upright with a full engine instead of this detuned business.

they do kinda...

my 1125 is comfy, not quite as upright as your Z but not bad. and most definatly NOT detuned.

and there's always the B-king... :whistle:

jalaan1
06-01-2008, 08:57 PM
funny thing,

this morning took a ride and ended up at the local Sun. morn. car/bike show and thought of this thread.
saw these two older guys (probly in their late 60's early 70's) walking around wearing moreso sportbike specific gear. and to my surprise, what bikes did they hop on to leave?...........
one got on a 'busa and the other on a zx14, both bikes with tons of mods at that.

z06boy
06-02-2008, 11:01 AM
The '09 R1 is sure to be 100% sex.

I'm already eyeing the initial reports and pics...even if they probably are BS at this point... it still makes me :drool:.

Time to get the bike. I have a deal in the works but we are haggling over trade in price for my bike. Price for the new bike is $1k under MSRP before sales tax. So OTD will be about $500 under MSRP. I'll let you know Monday what it is.

:rockout:

WARputer
06-02-2008, 11:38 AM
What do you guys think? My wife thinks I look silly on a sportbike and thinks I should get a cruiser. I'm nearly 38 BTW.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn273/Warputer1/groan.gifI think our wives could be related.....& I'm 37.

rider76
06-02-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm already eyeing the initial reports and pics...even if they probably are BS at this point... it still makes me :drool:.

:rockout:

I keep hearing it is goin to be badass, haven't seen any pictures yet

z06boy
06-02-2008, 01:28 PM
I keep hearing it is goin to be badass, haven't seen any pictures yet

I said pics...but actually it was just a drawing...not a pic. :idk:

smileyman
06-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Bottom line if your S/O thinks your riding under your age, trade her in on something younger!!!!!:drool:

DLIT
06-02-2008, 02:07 PM
You should let your riding ability determine if you should have a sportbike, not your age.

Rider
06-02-2008, 02:10 PM
You should let your riding ability determine if you should have a sportbike, not your age.

Werd!

marko138
06-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Pontificate, my man.

azoomm
06-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Oh crap... 38 is old?

Rider
06-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Got the sport bike anyway. I told the wife how it was going to be and I bought one.

marko138
06-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Got the sport bike anyway. I told the wife how it was going to be and I bought one.
There you go.

Trip
06-03-2008, 09:54 AM
So basically no more nookie for you for at least a couple months. :lol:

z06boy
06-03-2008, 09:58 AM

http://www.teesnthings.com/ProductImages/sports/poker-t-shirts/the-nuts-tee-shirt.jpg

:lol::lol: :cheers:

rider76
06-03-2008, 05:43 PM

gotta keep da pimp hand strong!!!!

marko138
06-03-2008, 09:50 PM
So basically no more nookie for you for at least a couple months. :lol:
He's married and has kids...that pretty much doesn't happen anyway. No loss.

Trip
06-03-2008, 09:52 PM
He's married and has kids...that pretty much doesn't happen anyway. No loss.

good point, so a new bike is sex. :lol:

jalaan1
06-03-2008, 10:05 PM

yup!

Rider
06-04-2008, 08:48 AM

Pretty much.

t-homo
06-04-2008, 06:08 PM
This thread pisses me off every time I see the title. Just because I called pg old every fuckin day doesn't mean you are old. He still tries to ride.

MEDIC
06-10-2008, 06:49 PM

Ok I fuckin read through 9 pages of this damn thread and was gettin pumped for the happy ending (which was gettin the sport bike) but wtf kind of sport bike did you get??

t-homo
06-10-2008, 06:51 PM
GSXR 750. Brand new.

MEDIC
06-10-2008, 06:59 PM
GSXR 750. Brand new.

sweet

t-homo
06-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah. There is a thread with pictures somewhere. But i'm too lazy to find it and link you, sorry. :lol:

I lied. Here it is. I don't know how to hyperlink and make it look cool though.

http://twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1629

DLIT
06-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah. There is a thread with pictures somewhere. But i'm too lazy to find it and link you, sorry. :lol:

I lied. Here it is. I don't know how to hyperlink and make it look cool though.

http://twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1629

Me neither. I want to know.

PhiSig1071
06-20-2008, 01:50 PM
It's easy, type whatever you want to make look cool, ie: Clicky!

then highlight it,

then click the hyperlink button (looks like a globe with a chain link underneath)

then type/paste the http address.

Viola! (Clicky!) (http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7753/grasshopper4ba.jpg)

Rider
06-20-2008, 02:35 PM
It's easy, type whatever you want to make look cool, ie: Clicky!

then highlight it,

then click the hyperlink button (looks like a globe with a chain link underneath)

then type/paste the http address.

Viola! (Clicky!) (http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7753/grasshopper4ba.jpg)

Like This (www.twowheelfix.com)

PhiSig1071
06-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Yep.

t-homo
06-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Did it work?

I just realized I would have been banned for what I was linking to. NOT SAFE FOR WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meat spin dot com. It is disgusting, but a blast to trick people into going to.

Smittie61984
06-21-2008, 12:07 PM
When I was at Deal's Gap last there was some joker who looked to between 60-80years old. He was riding a XR650 Supermoto with a Repsol Kit on it(It looked awesome). He left the observation point doing the best wheelie even with it being Florida Sportbike week.

And in Georgia I got dominated by some fat 55-60 year old guy on a ZX10 and his 50 year old or so wife on an R1 on the "Georgia Loop" which is like Deal's Gap only faster but almost as curvy.

Now if you get say a Ducati you don't look as silly because most Ducati or other exotic bike owners are in their 30s-40s because they can actually afford them.

PhiSig1071
06-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Did it work?

I just realized I would have been banned for what I was linking to. NOT SAFE FOR WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meat spin dot com. It is disgusting, but a blast to trick people into going to.

Yeah, I used to get guys I worked with using a site kinda like that. I would tell them somebody we all knew got arrested and the mug shot is online, and that there's a searchable mug-shot database at www dot mugseek dot com. Then I would stand out of arms reach so I didn't get hit!

Smittie61984
06-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Thoe are the best webites ever. We have one called "Scan Dekalb" that features some funny shit. Dekalb County consists of the straight up hook with some of the toughest gangs in America. And some of the yuppiest fudge packing scooter piloting whities in the world. Then every kind of culture in between. On a local motorcycle forum we have a thread dedicated to just those shots. Some have been people smiling like it's a yearbook picture and one girl flicked off the camera. Hell one day they didn't even have a picture of someone. They caught the invisible man (Our cops are that good).
http://www.scandekalb.com/mugshots/

Then my county...
http://www.scangwinnett.com/mugshots/

The funniest part is you'll see these straight up scarred up tattooed gun shot wound sporting ganglords in there for murder, robbery, assaulting an officer, or other serious crimes. Then next to him is some skinny white pretty boy from Suburbia who went to downtown Atlanta to party and is in there for Drunk in Public and such. And you know thoe two are sharing a cell and the skinny boy is freaking out.

Also most pretty girls are in there for Shoplifting.

anyways back to the show. Ride till ya die no matter your age.

t-homo
06-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Some of those dudes have some nice dreads. One of my friends has been working on his for like 2 years now.

Homeslice
03-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Your wife is retarded, but I guess that's a typical attitude for the Midwest where sportbikes are considered kids toys instead of legitimate transportation like they are here on the West (Best) Coast. I know a guy who's about 63-64 and has over 60K miles on his ZX10r.

Archren
03-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Holy old thread, Batmand. :lol:

Hell, Tracy just turned 37.. he rides a Busa and a TLR... and occasionally my 1098. :whistle: There's no such thing as too old, IMO...

Rider
03-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Holy old thread, Batmand. :lol:

Hell, Tracy just turned 37.. he rides a Busa and a TLR... and occasionally my 1098. :whistle: There's no such thing as too old, IMO...

No kidding, I already bought the bike, rode the bike, and killed the bike. LOL

wildchild
03-05-2009, 03:53 PM
i'm in my 40's and just got rid of my last sport. I'll have another in a year or two i'm sure. The oldest guy to break 100mph on a sport bike was 97. we got a long way to go.

zed
03-05-2009, 04:55 PM
noticed the age of the thread but still..

I'm 43, I have an 06 ZX10R

Mr Lefty
03-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Rider... you were too old.

HokieDNA01
03-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Tell her you are going to go buy a Harley and then come home with a new 1125!

azoomm
03-05-2009, 06:14 PM
I guess the 84 year old man that brought his bike to the track should have been told he exceeded some magical age limit.

I best tell Schwantz he can't come out and ride either...

Fuck that.

LittleTaz
03-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Hmmm... took the MSF and bought my baby Ninja 2 years ago just after turning 43. I guess I missed the too old memo, too. :lol:

ericr
03-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Ever heard the saying...You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing!

Buy what you want, not what someone else wants.

I'll be 43 this year, going from a VTX to an FZ1 and when I can afford a second bike it'll be an R6 or a supermoto to hooligan on :D

askmrjesus
03-05-2009, 11:12 PM
I used to pit next to a guy named Doc Brown when I raced vintage bikes.

He was in his sixties back then. He fucking terrorized the 250 class on a TZ 250. The guy was unbeatable.

He also had an AARP sticker on the back of his bike, just to add insult to injury. :lol:

JC

tached1000rr
03-05-2009, 11:36 PM
I'm 38 and definately don't think or feel I'm too old, age is just a number.....

t-homo
03-05-2009, 11:43 PM

He was in his sixties back then. He fucking terrorized the 250 class on a TZ 250. The guy was unbeatable.

He also had an AARP sticker on the back of his bike, just to add insult to injury. :lol:

JC

That is badass. Especially the AARP.

Yamerhaw
03-05-2009, 11:44 PM
i'm 35 and will ride sportbikes long as I can, its starting to hurt my knees pretty bad, but will probably just buy some adjustable rearsets

zed
03-06-2009, 12:32 AM
or do what I did, buy the bike with the most room for the rider. :D

BobTheBiker
03-06-2009, 12:47 AM
You're too old ONLY when you go to push the starter button and suddenly DIE on the bike in your parking place. theres no such thing as too old until you're no longer able to handle it safely in my book.

zed
03-06-2009, 01:29 AM
You're too old ONLY when you go to push the starter button and suddenly DIE on the bike in your parking place. theres no such thing as too old until you're no longer able to handle it safely in my book.

yep, we had a ~60 year old man come in and buy a ZX10R. I've ridden with him and he is fast, very smooth.

Rider
03-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Rider... you were too old.

No I just needed a bike with ABS like the new CBR's. :dthumb:

marko138
03-06-2009, 08:14 AM

JC

This Doc Brown?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_26CFEHYphXI/R7x2yldi9qI/AAAAAAAAAWs/hHMYurkbyKg/s320/docbrown.jpg

askmrjesus
03-06-2009, 08:38 AM
This Doc Brown?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_26CFEHYphXI/R7x2yldi9qI/AAAAAAAAAWs/hHMYurkbyKg/s320/docbrown.jpg

:lol:

No, I don't recall a flux capacitor being on his bike.

JC

xx CURVE xx
03-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Divorce the wench!

Rider
03-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Divorce the wench!

Yeah, then she walks away with all my money so I can't get a bike anyway. :idk:

Archren
03-06-2009, 08:46 AM

JC

Maybe he had a Mr. Fusion and just didn't tell you. :lol:

Rsv1000R
03-06-2009, 08:47 AM
I was in my 40's when I got my bike, I'm 50 now. While I don't normally ride with anyone, the group of guys who I'd ride sportsbikes with are as old or older than me, and are all racers and track day instructors.

Archren
03-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Dude here in Austin, Fox, is in his 50's, and he's sucked me into a few corners.. I dragged pegs on my old F2 following him, and he just makes it look effortless.

xx CURVE xx
03-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Yeah, then she walks away with all my money so I can't get a bike anyway. :idk:

wussy :lol:

TommyHotWheel
03-06-2009, 09:14 AM

Whats she doin out of the kitchen?:whistle:

marko138
03-06-2009, 09:17 AM

JC

Thats really too bad. I would have loved to see a picture.

Mr Lefty
03-06-2009, 09:35 AM
No I just needed a bike with ABS like the new CBR's. :dthumb:

yeah I saw a comparison between non abs and the abs version... over like 16 attempts the ABS version stopped 20' shorter the first... 17' the second... and on... wasn't until the last stop... did they match the abs version.... and that was with a 20 year riding veteran... the new biker never came with in 5' of the abs version after 20 trys.

and every one of them said it didn't kick in until the last possible moment... so they didn't notice it otherwise.

can't remember where the fuck I saw it though... I think it might have been one of the British mags.

Yamerhaw
03-06-2009, 12:57 PM

:dvrofl:

HokieDNA01
03-06-2009, 01:45 PM

Thats what I'm thinking (see avatar)

OreoGaborio
03-07-2009, 06:38 AM

Hah, if you weren't in Florida I'd ask you who he was.... we've got the same "guy" that attends our track days all the time up here. Not sure if he's early 70's or late 70's though. The guy fuckin hauls ass! Generally he's the fastest guy at the track but he doesn't race anymore.

I agree, get what YOU want... if she wants to ride on the back THEN find a compromise... Tuono, Speed Triple, Fz1 or something more sport touring...

I say buy a brand new FJR or Concourse, bring it home & say "HEY HONEY, I did what ya told me to do... here's our cruiser!" :D

ericr
03-07-2009, 09:21 AM
I say buy a brand new FJR or Concourse, bring it home & say "HEY HONEY, I did what ya told me to do... here's our cruiser!" :D

That's a good option :dthumb:

racedoll
03-08-2009, 01:20 PM
My husband is 40 and I don't think he is tool old to ride a sport bike OR race.

Do what you want.

Particle Man
03-09-2009, 09:48 PM
you're only as old as you think you are.

buy whatever you can ride.

ceo012384
03-13-2009, 02:31 AM
Hah, if you weren't in Florida I'd ask you who he was.... we've got the same "guy" that attends our track days all the time up here. Not sure if he's early 70's or late 70's though. The guy fuckin hauls ass! Generally he's the fastest guy at the track but he doesn't race anymore.

Yeah that dude is like 72 I think... always rolls up with his own rolling tool chest and has his bike in like 200 pieces. He's in shape and could probably beat both you and I up, not to mention he's a fuckin quick rider too.

I want to be him in 50 years. That's insane.

Heather's Dad
03-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Always had a problem with the age thing when it came to motorcycles. My parents told me i was to young and now my siblings tell me I am too old... Some body is full of ..it.

In 05 I was 54 and bought a 04 Z1000. The dealer never said anything about my age. I was too big for a 636 though.

Rider
03-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Always had a problem with the age thing when it came to motorcycles. My parents told me i was to young and now my siblings tell me I am too old... Some body is full of ..it.

In 05 I was 54 and bought a 04 Z1000. The dealer never said anything about my age. I was too big for a 636 though.

Yeah my wife is full of it. I bought the bike anyway.

marko138
03-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Yeah my wife is full of it. I bought the bike anyway.
A new one or the previous?

Rider
03-13-2009, 02:27 PM
A new one or the previous?

Previous. No new bike in sight yet. I may just sit this season out and continue to work on the wife. Maybe next season if I'm lucky. I want another bike so bad but if I came home with a bike right now she would literally cut my balls off. No bullshit.

marko138
03-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Previous. No new bike in sight yet. I may just sit this season out and continue to work on the wife. Maybe next season if I'm lucky. I want another bike so bad but if I came home with a bike right now she would literally cut my balls off. No bullshit.
Well...in that case...best to lay low for a while.

racedoll
03-14-2009, 09:57 PM

Maybe you should "buy" a new wife. Just kidding.

I don't think a husband or a wife should dictate what the other can or cannot do. Erik and I aren't like this and I have to say it works pretty well. I believe it eliminates a lot of unnecessary arguments. Though this is mainly in part to us having separate checking accounts/bills.

Good Luck on changing her mind.

Mr Lefty
03-14-2009, 10:00 PM

well I hope next season sees ya back on two wheels... and your wife finds something to enjoy as much as you do riding

MissHell
03-24-2009, 08:03 PM
To the original Q - I battled this same thing myself, I felt (still feel it a little) too old for a sportbike. I bought a V-Star, which for a cruiser is a nice bike. It was funny enough to ride, but my heart was never into it.

I've since sold the cruiser and am back on my true love, my R6. :drool:

Maybe down the road, I'll do the cruiser thing again. :idk:

For the record, I am 40. ;)

Archren
03-25-2009, 09:04 AM

Wait.. what? 40?? From all the pictures I've seen of you, I would have never guessed you were older than 30. Seriously.

Rider
03-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Wait.. what? 40?? From all the pictures I've seen of you, I would have never guessed you were older than 30. Seriously.

You're just trying to get in her pant's..... A little woman on woman love. :diitb:

Cruzergirl
03-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Most cruiser riders are nice people. But boring. Usually middle management yes-men, dentists or salesman who like to talk about nothing but football and the weather.

Hey! I am in no way boring!!!! Nor am I middle management, or a man, or a dentist. I hate football. Wait, I do watch the weather channel on occasion even though there is a huge 9 foot sliding glass door beside my television... :lol:

That said, f*ck fitting in! Ride what you like.

Just ride! :) :rockout:

z06boy
03-25-2009, 10:14 AM
To the original Q - I battled this same thing myself, I felt (still feel it a little) too old for a sportbike. I bought a V-Star, which for a cruiser is a nice bike. It was funny enough to ride, but my heart was never into it.

I've since sold the cruiser and am back on my true love, my R6. :drool:

Maybe down the road, I'll do the cruiser thing again. :idk:

Yep pretty much went through the same.

I wouldn't mind having a cruiser AND a sportbike but that would mean 4 bikes since the wife also rides...maybe one day. :lol:

If I only have one bike...sportbike it is. :rockout:

Archren
03-25-2009, 10:43 AM
You're just trying to get in her pant's..... A little woman on woman love. :diitb:

If I swung that way, I'd be all over it. She's a looker. :D

But I don't swing that way, and I'm taken anyway. :nee:

rogue
03-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Noone's ever too old to ride a sport bike. I hope to be as active and still riding as much as the old man I used to watch hit the MX track a couple of years ago when I was going. The man was in his 60's, rode a 2-stroke 250 and could launch that fucking bike like it was nothing! Double/triple jumps, clearing a big as table top :panic: ...that dude is awesome! If he can ride MX that hard at that age, then I have high hopes of me riding a sport bike well past that. :dthumb:

MissHell
03-25-2009, 04:04 PM
If I swung that way, I'd be all over it. She's a looker. :D

But I don't swing that way, and I'm taken anyway. :nee:
Right back at ya! :wink: LOL

BTW - thanks for thinking I was 30-ish! :rockwoot:

Rangerscott
03-28-2009, 09:37 PM
I wish I could remember where I read that sportbike back position was better for you than cruiser position. I'm guessing cruiser guys slouch.

zed
03-29-2009, 12:33 AM
I wish I could remember where I read that sportbike back position was better for you than cruiser position. I'm guessing cruiser guys slouch.

that article was out many years ago. don't remember where I read it either.

Homeslice
03-29-2009, 10:32 PM

+trillion. Plus the fact that when you're on a sportbike the wind props you up anyway.

Mr Lefty
03-30-2009, 09:00 AM
still too old

Fastguy
03-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Gregory House like a mofo.