PDA

View Full Version : Vegas

zortness
02-28-2008, 01:46 PM
If you're in the area, check out 702sportbikes.com for group rides, track days, etc.

Or just PM me on here, I'll help get you hooked into the local community.

Mr Lefty
02-29-2008, 03:53 AM
If you're in the area, check out 702sportbikes.com for group rides, track days, etc.

:lol: I almost said well DLit is from and going back to that area... :lol:

glad to see more of the 702 guys on here...

DLIT
02-29-2008, 04:14 AM
It's a solid little community though. Rather than being a club with dues and shit, it's just an organized bunch of people that love to ride. It's not uncommon to have 20+ guys on the track during a track day that are 702SB members. Riders from all different levels too, so it makes it even funner, you know, having your buddy there to challenge and push you. I always have mini races when I go with these guys. Got black flagged on my second session of my first track day because I passed in a corner I wasn't suppose to.

Mr Lefty
02-29-2008, 04:16 AM
It's a solid little community though. Rather than being a club with dues and shit, it's just an organized bunch of people that love to ride. It's not uncommon to have 20+ guys on the track during a track day that are 702SB members. Riders from all different levels too, so it makes it even funner, you know, having your buddy there to challenge and push you. I always have mini races when I go with these guys. Got black flagged on my second session of my first track day because I passed in a corner I wasn't suppose to.

That seems so out of character for you... :lol:

DLIT
02-29-2008, 04:23 AM
That seems so out of character for you... :lol:

One of the guys that worked for the hosting company was like "You don't know how many guys were saying Blue vest, number 7". He and I laughed about it.

sarawalker
02-29-2008, 07:49 PM
one of these Mondays I'm going to have make that group dinner

zortness
02-29-2008, 07:56 PM
This next Monday, and from now on, we're meeting at Jason's Deli. No more of that Hot Rod Grill crap... they kept raising their prices and giving us a hard time, and their food sucked.

Now we'll have good food to go along with our good company =P
I think there were 70 bikes last week, not bad for Vegas.

sarawalker
02-29-2008, 08:03 PM
I know it's a Monday tradition so I'll plan on it

CW AF 03
06-10-2008, 11:09 PM

Hey, I'm in Vegas! I should check out that 702sportthingy...

patrick
09-19-2008, 12:27 AM
omfg 702sportbikes!

member, moderator, addict here.:rockwoot:

derek isn't kidding about the trackdays here. 20+ of us at every event. it's way fun.

NeonspeedRT
09-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Since you are from Vegas, what are a few good motorcycle shops to check out in the area? Nee and I are getting married out there on Sept 27. We'll be there for almost a full week. So in addition to honeymoon stuff, i'm sure we'll check out a few motorcycle shops. So where are the good places to go?

DLIT
09-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Since you are from Vegas, what are a few good motorcycle shops to check out in the area? Nee and I are getting married out there on Sept 27. We'll be there for almost a full week. So in addition to honeymoon stuff, i'm sure we'll check out a few motorcycle shops. So where are the good places to go?

You need to hit me up. There's a couple Cycle Gears and a restaurant/repair shop that shows all types of races. There's a couple other random shops, but Cycle Gear is where I go because they have the most stuff in stock. PM me when the day gets closer and I'll shoot ya my #.

Trip
09-19-2008, 01:00 PM
You need to hit me up. There's a couple Cycle Gears and a restaurant/repair shop that shows all types of races. There's a couple other random shops, but Cycle Gear is where I go because they have the most stuff in stock. PM me when the day gets closer and I'll shoot ya my #.

really, I have never been real impressed with our cycle gear. They got some stuff, but it's a pretty small store and the prices aren't that great. Good place to try stuff on though.

DLIT
09-19-2008, 01:08 PM
The one I go to is decent size and I enjoy the military discount 24/7. And their 100% guarantee is just that. They told me if I wreck in my suit and don't like how it held up I can return it. Can't beat that.

Trip
09-19-2008, 01:11 PM
The one I go to is decent size and I enjoy the military discount 24/7. And their 100% guarantee is just that. They told me if I wreck in my suit and don't like how it held up I can return it. Can't beat that.

yeah can't complain about their customer service. The manager is a pretty decent guy at ours.

Rider
09-19-2008, 01:13 PM

I'm calling bullshit on that. Not saying they didn't say that to you, but I dont see how that can stand behind that guarantee. Every limp dick who crashes could walk in there and claim they didn't like the way the suit held up. "Free suits for everyone". I don't buy it. They wouldn't be in business very long.

DLIT
09-19-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm calling bullshit on that. Not saying they didn't say that to you, but I dont see how that can stand behind that guarantee. Every limp dick who crashes could walk in there and claim they didn't like the way the suit held up. "Free suits for everyone". I don't buy it. They wouldn't be in business very long.

Believe me, if I wreck I might test it out. In the mean time I'm gonna laminate my receipt.

Trip
09-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Believe me, if I wreck I might test it out. In the mean time I'm gonna laminate my receipt.

yeah no shit, that's worth a lot if they actually live up to what they said.

NeonspeedRT
09-19-2008, 01:49 PM
A friend of ours here in Jax is a manager of one of our local stores. They totally stand by the 100% guarantee. No matter what. You wouldn't believe the things she has returned for customers, even after a year.

One guy bought a pair of Alpinestars gloves and had them for close to a year. He rode all the time. Street & track. At the end of the year, there was a small hole worn into the palm of the gloves. He took them back and said for a $150 pair of gloves they should last longer then that. She gave him a new pair of gloves.

They are all about customer service. We spend quite abit of money at Cycle Gear. It helps I get my MSF rider coach discount, which rocks.

DLIT
09-19-2008, 01:50 PM
A friend of ours here in Jax is a manager of one of our local stores. They totally stand by the 100% guarantee. No matter what. You wouldn't believe the things she has returned for customers, even after a year.

One guy bought a pair of Alpinestars gloves and had them for close to a year. He rode all the time. Street & track. At the end of the year, there was a small hole worn into the palm of the gloves. He took them back and said for a $150 pair of gloves they should last longer then that. She gave him a new pair of gloves.

They are all about customer service. We spend quite abit of money at Cycle Gear. It helps I get my MSF rider coach discount, which rocks.

Word and word.

Rider
09-19-2008, 02:06 PM

Impressive. We need a CG here in MI.

Mr Lefty
09-19-2008, 05:30 PM
if that's the case... Trip... you need to talk to them about being a supporting Vendor... with customer service like that.... I'd never buy anywhere else

Tsunami
12-10-2008, 05:11 AM

Are you the Bostonite I met when Natasha and Chris where in town? :)

DLIT
12-10-2008, 01:19 PM

Yup, that's me. :dthumb:

Tsunami
12-11-2008, 01:33 AM
Yup, that's me. :dthumb:

Hopefully we'll get out on a ride soon, say hi to the mrs for me!:dthumb:

DLIT
12-11-2008, 10:18 AM

Yeah, will do. I'm turning the bike in for service today. Hopefully, I'll get it back in time for the ride to talk with the rangers out at the lake on Sunday. I'll have to cage it otherwise.

neebelung
12-11-2008, 10:36 AM

Pictures of you preceeded your actual arrival here. :)

Trip
12-11-2008, 10:46 AM
if that's the case... Trip... you need to talk to them about being a supporting Vendor... with customer service like that.... I'd never buy anywhere else

Really late response, but the local cycle gear manager is not a fan of me and kyle, so I doubt that will happen. There is a lot of bad blood locally between the CG fanboys and the people who like to deal with them on a case by case basis. Basic it's not a wise idea to post any sort of thread mentioning cycle gear in any light but good on the local forum because people get butthurt otherwise.

Mr Lefty
12-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Really late response, but the local cycle gear manager is not a fan of me and kyle, so I doubt that will happen. There is a lot of bad blood locally between the CG fanboys and the people who like to deal with them on a case by case basis. Basic it's not a wise idea to post any sort of thread mentioning cycle gear in any light but good on the local forum because people get butthurt otherwise.

ahh well in that case.. :lol:... fuck them

how could anyone not be a fan of you and Kyle... :idk:

Cass
12-12-2008, 12:06 AM

YOU'RE HERE!!! :rockwoot:

Tsunami
12-12-2008, 02:09 AM
Hey derek, i may go putt putt around red rock on sunday if its not freaking freezing outside, can you join?

DLIT
12-12-2008, 02:15 AM
LOL! linky please!

Hey derek, i may go putt putt around red rock on sunday if its not freaking freezing outside, can you join?

IDK, there's a meeting with the Lake Mead Rangers at 1100 I'm going to. Not sure how long it's going to be.

Tsunami
12-12-2008, 03:01 AM
IDK, there's a meeting with the Lake Mead Rangers at 1100 I'm going to. Not sure how long it's going to be.

are you a ranger out there?

DLIT
12-12-2008, 09:58 AM
are you a ranger out there?

No. 702SB is having a meet and greet with all of them. We're going to discuss several topics and try to come to a happy medium between us and them.

Tsunami
01-08-2009, 01:07 AM
just registered on 702, with my 2 posts in the intro area :)

Trip
01-08-2009, 07:58 AM
No. 702SB is having a meet and greet with all of them. We're going to discuss several topics and try to come to a happy medium between us and them.

MC dance war, let's breakout the zip guns

DLIT
01-08-2009, 06:19 PM
just registered on 702, with my 2 posts in the intro area :)

Cool, there's a ride on Saturday, check it out in the member's ride section. I'll proly go if I don't close on our house Friday. That would mean I'm moving this weekend. Kinda hoping we close, but we'll see. Maybe I'll see ya out there.

Mr Lefty
01-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Fuck you Dlit!

oh how's the new bike? now that you've had it for a couple months... any dislikes?

Tsunami
01-09-2009, 01:25 AM
Cool, there's a ride on Saturday, check it out in the member's ride section. I'll proly go if I don't close on our house Friday. That would mean I'm moving this weekend. Kinda hoping we close, but we'll see. Maybe I'll see ya out there.

I have a wedding to go to this saturday. I'm going to see if I can get out for a couple of hours on sunday, though i'm busy job searching since the company i'm working is prob going to go under, if not in feb, in the next few months.

DLIT
01-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Fuck you Dlit!

oh how's the new bike? now that you've had it for a couple months... any dislikes?

My only dislike is that I haven't been on the track yet! The '09 R6 is the Truth. I want to see what it can really do on the track though. I got a tad over 2,600 miles on it now. The mid-range and handling is much better than my '06 was. It's more nimble now. And I power wheelie in 1st gear all the time. Maybe the cold weather's helping that. Colder air compresses more. More air, more power.

I have a wedding to go to this saturday. I'm going to see if I can get out for a couple of hours on sunday, though i'm busy job searching since the company i'm working is prob going to go under, if not in feb, in the next few months.

Ouch. Good luck with that!

Mr Lefty
01-09-2009, 09:42 PM
intresting... my guess would be the cold weather... but :idk:

when's your next track day?

DLIT
01-09-2009, 09:47 PM
intresting... my guess would be the cold weather... but :idk:

when's your next track day?

Proly March time frame. Upgrading the appliances in the new house is priority.

Mr Lefty
01-09-2009, 10:17 PM
ah yeah... understandable... you gett'n track plastics for it again?

oh... and 3 fuck'n weeks... exercise next week... and 2 weeks of outprocessing!

DLIT
01-09-2009, 10:19 PM
ah yeah... understandable... you gett'n track plastics for it again?

oh... and 3 fuck'n weeks... exercise next week... and 2 weeks of outprocessing!

Yeah, I'll be getting Attacks for it. You got there in March but you can leave in Feb??

Mr Lefty
01-09-2009, 10:21 PM
no i got here Feb 6... we just didn't cross paths till march.

DLIT
01-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Oh. It sucks they squeeze one last exercise in right before you leave. I hate that place.

Mr Lefty
01-09-2009, 10:41 PM
ehh I don't mind... better than my daily job... it's be come teh suck