PDA

View Full Version : Map stickers, what qualifies as riding through a state?

Captain Morgan
08-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Ok, so after putting on the Ontario sticker and noticing how little of Ontario I've actually ridden through, I got to thinking about this...

Ontario is so large that I probably should have sliced off just a portion of it and put it on the map, since I only crossed over from MI to NY. But how does one determine whether a province or state has been ridden through? Should I also only slice off portions of states that I've ridden through, if I haven't covered the whole state? Should I only put a state on the map if I've ridden in it for a certain amount of time or a certain number of miles? Do others put a state on if they've simply crossed the border and turned back around?

I don't want to cheat on the map, but how do you determine when to put a sticker on the map?

Particle Man
08-23-2010, 09:07 PM
If you ate or took a leak there you're golden.

Captain Morgan
08-23-2010, 09:21 PM
If you ate or took a leak there you're golden.

Damn, that makes it difficult for Maryland, Delaware and Rhode Island. I'd either be VERY full or VERY dry! :lol:

Trip
08-23-2010, 09:39 PM
You barely rode in South Carolina too, but it counts. As long as you ride on two wheels in the state, you are good.

Particle Man
08-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Damn, that makes it difficult for Maryland, Delaware and Rhode Island. I'd either be VERY full or VERY dry! :lol:

:lol: I was kidding. Who gives a rats ass what anyone else thinks? If you think it counts, it counts. :D

Cutty72
08-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Trex barely even strolled into ND, but he counted it as his last state, so I think you're good.

Mr Lefty
08-24-2010, 07:19 AM
personally... I try to spend at least 1hr riding in each state when I'm planning my trip... however... I'll claim them even if all I did was cross the border.

I would and do make a note to myself on which states I need to give a real chance to. the ones where I only stayed in one corner or just crossed the border. so when planning my trips I try to make sure I hit them fully the next time round.

SC, SD, KS, OR, and AK are the only ones so far that fall into that category... all the others I've ridden, I've hit pretty decent amount. actually... with the exception of those and IL, and IN I've hit every state twice that's currently on my helmet (SD and KS are two timers too...just haven't gone west enough)

Gas Man
08-24-2010, 09:43 AM
I think that it would be best if you could put in a few miles. On the flip there are a few states on mine like trip said the carlinas, that we only touched on. What I don't like is the hitting a corner of a few states just to hit them. Not to say that I might not do that as well, but you know.

Cass
08-24-2010, 09:46 AM
I think the IBA requires a gas receipt in the state to prove you were there... how far inside the state you get your receipt is up to you. Far as I'm concerned, you cross the border, you were there. But for verifiable proof, receipt :)

derf
08-24-2010, 11:14 AM
I make it a point to shit on each state, not just in a toilet, right there on the ground, preferably like i did in columbia, sc,, right on the statehouse steps.

Mr Lefty
08-24-2010, 09:12 PM
I make it a point to shit on each state, not just in a toilet, right there on the ground, preferably like i did in columbia, sc,, right on the statehouse steps.

shitting your pants doesn't count

G-Rex
08-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Trex barely even strolled into ND, but he counted it as his last state, so I think you're good.

Everyone makes their own rules. If I rolled two wheels in the state, it counts. :D

While I've ridden all 50 states, there are still places I haven't been that I want to go. Deals Gap is a perfect example. One day soon. One of these days I'm going to shoot for every county in the US. That will guarantee that I TRULY see the country.

I'd like the stickers for my bike, but I'd spend an hour putting it on. LOL