PDA

View Full Version : kick stand shenanigans.

NONE_too_SOFT
06-01-2008, 10:18 PM
I've never done it, but i see a lot of guys roll up at rallys and bike nights, put their bike in front end first, and use their kickstand to rotate the bike around and put it nose out.

Some tool was doing it tonight and dropped his fucking bike, it was priceless. this chromed out gsxr that was lowerd with ground effects. bike looked fucked up after he picked it up, and of course he couldnt get it started to catch up with his crew. dude got all pissed and tried to act like a hard ass like there was something wrong with the asphalt or a malfunction. I about busted my gut laughing, he looked at me and goes "what?!".

after controlling myself i goes "nothing man, i just backed my bike in".

Captain Morgan
06-01-2008, 10:27 PM
I've never done it, but i see a lot of guys roll up at rallys and bike nights, put their bike in front end first, and use their kickstand to rotate the bike around and put it nose out.

Some tool was doing it tonight and dropped his fucking bike, it was priceless. this chromed out gsxr that was lowerd with ground effects. bike looked fucked up after he picked it up, and of course he couldnt get it started to catch up with his crew. dude got all pissed and tried to act like a hard ass like there was something wrong with the asphalt or a malfunction. I about busted my gut laughing, he looked at me and goes "what?!".

after controlling myself i goes "nothing man, i just backed my bike in".

:lol: fucking great line. I probably would have tried to keep him going, talking about how soft the asphalt is in the warm weather and how I can't believe a rallys would put in an asphalt parking lot if they're going to have bike nights.

NONE_too_SOFT
06-01-2008, 10:30 PM
:lol: fucking great line. I probably would have tried to keep him going, talking about how soft the asphalt is in the warm weather and how I can't believe a rallys would put in an asphalt parking lot if they're going to have bike nights.

lol, no, i meant i see it a lot at bike rallies. Like when there are a ton of bikes parked in a lot.

After i said that and got a few snickers from the group next to me he started pushing his bike towards the entrance/exit of the lot. the cops ushering people in couldn't figure him out until the bike finally started and he rode off.

Captain Morgan
06-01-2008, 10:33 PM
lol, no, i meant i see it a lot at bike rallies. Like when there are a ton of bikes parked in a lot.

After i said that and got a few snickers from the group next to me he started pushing his bike towards the entrance/exit of the lot. the cops ushering people in couldn't figure him out until the bike finally started and he rode off.

Ah, thought you meant the fast food place, Rally's. Either way, I still would have kept him going. I've never tried it because I'd be afraid the kickstand would snap while I was spinning the bike around (or I'd drop the bike and look like a total douche).

dReWpY
06-01-2008, 11:57 PM
i do it when it looks like im gonna austin powers my bike in the garage or some shit

Mr Lefty
06-02-2008, 12:12 AM
I've done it a couple times. it's nice when try'n to manuver in tight areas... wouldn't bother doing it on the street... or where I didn't "need" to...

DLIT
06-02-2008, 01:16 AM
I started doing it a little while ago. Not parking front in and then spinning it, but just rotating it on the stand when I need to move it in the garage or something. Definately not a pro at it.

Dnyce
06-02-2008, 01:57 AM
i wish i could do that on my bike. but itll never happen

Phenix_Rider
06-02-2008, 07:30 AM
I've never heard of anyone doing this. I could use it in my garage, but I'd be scared of dumping it.

z06boy
06-02-2008, 10:50 AM
I mentioned this to the wife just this past week...she didn't know what I was talking about.

I said "like this"...grabbed the R6 and started rotating it....she wasn't impressed...said she thought the kickstand may snap or fold up and if I felt like doing that again to use the R1 and leave her
R6 alone !! :lol:

Trip
06-02-2008, 10:55 AM
SOP, everyone should learn to do it properly, it's helpful when moving the bike in tight areas.

the chi
06-02-2008, 11:01 AM
i could do it with my Honda, and it came in GREAT when I needed to move that beast around, but with my Gxsr not so much...the balance doesnt seem right for it...:idk: but i dont have an issue moving it around anyway...

NeonspeedRT
06-02-2008, 11:50 AM
To me it's not worth it. I wouldn't think the kickstand is designed to handle that much weight/pressure of supporting and turning the bike. I did it a few times on my 900RR with no issues. I never "liked" doing it, but I did a few times anyways.

I tried it once on the R1 after I just got it and saw the kickstand bow like it was about to snap. That was the only time i've done it on the R1. After seeing that, i'll never try it again.

Rider
06-02-2008, 01:30 PM
I wont ever try it. Not even once.

Mrs. Colleen
06-02-2008, 02:40 PM
My husband does it all the time...but only on the patio. I hate it...I wont watch him to it. Makes me nervous! :willy:

But it is the easiest way for him...since this is the size of our patio...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/AFIDrummerGirl/PatioFurnature.jpg

:lol:

NONE_too_SOFT
06-02-2008, 02:41 PM
lol, classic hot dog stand

whats the rash from?

Mrs. Colleen
06-02-2008, 02:45 PM
lol, classic hot dog stand

whats the rash from?
Streets of Willow over a year ago..he lowsided running counterclockwise out of the bowl.

marko138
06-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Love the GSXR table.

Bassplayer
06-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Love the GSXR table.

:dthumb: yep...

Mrs. Colleen
06-02-2008, 07:21 PM
Love the GSXR table.

Gotta do what you gotta do! :yes: :lol: When all we have is a one car garage and an uncovered parking space we had to get creative as to where to house our 6 vehicles. :lol:

OTB
06-02-2008, 08:22 PM
On Ducs, the sidestand boss is cast into the engine case......I watched a fellow snap his off his 999 last year doing that stunt.....and watched the oil pour out.........

Mr Lefty
06-02-2008, 08:24 PM
damn that would have SUCKED ASS!

marko138
06-02-2008, 09:47 PM
On Ducs, the sidestand boss is cast into the engine case......I watched a fellow snap his off his 999 last year doing that stunt.....and watched the oil pour out.........
I love the 999. Saw one this weekend.

R1up0n1
06-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Lmfao

azoomm
06-03-2008, 09:02 AM

I saw that happen at a trackday. :(

I've done it when I had my ZX11. But, not just on the sidestand... I stand in the front and put the weight on both the front tire and sidestand. And, just walk it around.

I wouldn't ever do it with my ducs... not ever.

z06boy
06-03-2008, 10:01 AM

Now that would suck and be embarrassing !!

fatburg
06-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Gotta do what you gotta do! :yes: :lol: When all we have is a one car garage and an uncovered parking space we had to get creative as to where to house our 6 vehicles. :lol:

mount a grill on the back and it is way easier

t-homo
06-04-2008, 12:50 AM
I tried yesterday as i was trying to spin my bike sideways and I didn't trust the stand. I ended up going back and forth like 5 times.

Dnyce
06-04-2008, 03:36 AM
I tried yesterday as i was trying to spin my bike sideways and I didn't trust the stand. I ended up going back and forth like 5 times.

austin powers lol

marko138
06-04-2008, 09:17 AM
:lol: