PDA

View Full Version : Tankslappers Protectors

Phenix_Rider
06-02-2008, 07:16 AM
Has anyone here used these?
http://www.thetankslapper.biz/

Looks interesting. Now that I'm using a tank bag more, I want something to protect the top of my tank. Preventing scratches from sliding my leg around it would be nice too. I've already found a few small scuffs.

marko138
06-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Is your bike a parking lot queen or something you actually ride?

Phenix_Rider
06-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Is your bike a parking lot queen or something you actually ride?

I ride the hell out of it. Doesn't mean I want it to be scratched to hell.

Rider
06-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Get a Stomp Grip if you're worried about your knees scratching your tank.

Phenix_Rider
06-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Get a Stomp Grip if you're worried about your knees scratching your tank.

They look like shit, and I don't need the extra grip. Besides, they don't cover the top where my tankbag sits.

jtemple
06-02-2008, 11:44 AM
The Tankslapper is good quality stuff. The non-adhesive version will not stick to anything but a glossy surface, though.

NONE_too_SOFT
06-02-2008, 11:48 AM
looks like a quality product. when im in my leathers i tend to dirty the hell out of the sides of my tank, but i dont like the stomp grip look.

jtemple
06-02-2008, 11:52 AM
I use clear stomp grip and a clear stick-on tank pad nowadays. I have had Tankslappers on previous bikes and have been happy with them. If you put them on correctly, most people won't even know it's on there.

Phenix_Rider
06-02-2008, 12:11 PM
I use clear stomp grip and a clear stick-on tank pad nowadays. I have had Tankslappers on previous bikes and have been happy with them. If you put them on correctly, most people won't even know it's on there.

That's what I'm hoping for. I emailed them to see if they have a top piece specific to my bike. If not, I saw a link for some clear static cling vinyl that would work too.

I plan on keeping it nice for a very long time. So when it's the age of Marko's GSXR, it looks just as good.

Mr Lefty
06-02-2008, 06:20 PM
I bought some... went to put it on my bike but fucked it up... you gotta make sure both the tank and the material are both WARM! or you'll tear it or end up with creases... as I did.

good shit though... can't really see it... and protects the paint.

I'm think'n about getting another set and trying it again when I get home now that my new tank bag doesn't have a built in tank protector.

DLIT
06-02-2008, 06:27 PM
They look like shit, and I don't need the extra grip. Besides, they don't cover the top where my tankbag sits.

If you're the one who bought a set of track wheels because you plan on doing track days, you'll want Stomp grip, trust me. It's one of those things that you don't appreciate it til you try it, but you'll appreciate it. I know I do.