PDA

View Full Version : A tent for you and your bike

derf
08-29-2010, 10:52 PM
http://www.nomadtent.com/index.html

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2010/08/500x_nomad-motorcycle-tent-xl.jpg

Trip
08-29-2010, 11:03 PM
that was in my thread about a tent.

derf
08-29-2010, 11:08 PM
that was in my thread about a tent.

Then I call REPOST

Actually I just found it a few minutes ago randomly through another website

Dave
08-29-2010, 11:59 PM
cool idear

Particle Man
08-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Harley riders need not apply :lol:

Mr Lefty
08-30-2010, 10:30 AM
nice idea... needs to be curbed with common sense though... can't just set up the tent and put the bike in... or if you come back from a ride you'll have to be sure the bike is cool before putting it in.

also... you really have to make sure there is firm ground under the bike... nothing like waking up with a 600' bike laying on your legs (or head if your really stupid)

OneSickPsycho
08-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Meh, I'm pretty sure if I rode far enough and was staying in a tent, the last thing I would care about is shelter for my rig.

Dave
08-30-2010, 10:47 AM
nice idea... needs to be curbed with common sense though... can't just set up the tent and put the bike in... or if you come back from a ride you'll have to be sure the bike is cool before putting it in.

also... you really have to make sure there is firm ground under the bike... nothing like waking up with a 600' bike laying on your legs (or head if your really stupid)

Could always get a nice piece of thick sheetmetal cut that fits the shape of your cases. Wouldn't take much space and would make a good base for your stand

Trip
08-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Could always get a nice piece of thick sheetmetal cut that fits the shape of your cases. Wouldn't take much space and would make a good base for your stand

or you could just a regular tent and let your bike get wet. Just seems like too much trouble and potential for damage if you are going to be using it alot.

Mr Lefty
08-30-2010, 10:49 AM

true... but that's adding bulk and weight... if your taking a GS yeah... probably not noticeable... but on a smaller bike it'd suck (you'd almost have to have hard bags)

CasterTroy
08-30-2010, 01:18 PM
or you could just a regular tent and let your bike get wet.

Yep.....if you're on a multi-day trip you're GOING to get wet anyway. Not sure what makes stationary rain so much worse than riding down the road in it?!?!

marko138
08-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Novel idea but sorta stupid for the above mentioned reasons.

Tmall
08-30-2010, 02:24 PM
or you could just a regular tent and let your bike get wet. Just seems like too much trouble and potential for damage if you are going to be using it alot.

Exactly, I was camping this weekend. And a guy on a bwm gs and another guy with a street fighter came to the site. They had a small two man tent they shared and were gone before I was awake the next morning.

I would think if I were travelling, I'd be about light and small/compact vs overall camping comfort.

derf
08-30-2010, 03:33 PM
I bet this would be good in 3rd world countries to keep prying eyes and fingers away from the bike, but it does the same thing as a bike cover

OneSickPsycho
08-30-2010, 04:47 PM
About the only benefit I could see with this, wouldn't last very long... traveling in the cold, you set up tent and put your hot bike inside with you and it heats the tent... temporarily.

askmrjesus
08-30-2010, 04:48 PM
If the bike isn't going to help put the tent up, the fucker can sleep outside.

JC

Mr Lefty
08-30-2010, 06:28 PM
I bet this would be good in 3rd world countries to keep prying eyes and fingers away from the bike, but it does the same thing as a bike cover

This.

if you're not riding far... just doing short days setting up camp and just out for the JOURNEY not the mileage... it'd be a good tent...

as Derf said... in third world countries it does help keep things out of sight. less to attract unwanted attention.

Particle Man
08-30-2010, 09:06 PM

JC

damn skippy

Rangerscott
08-30-2010, 09:59 PM
I don't want to NOT wake up because all night I breathed in fumes. Bike can survive outside my bed area.

Mr Lefty
08-30-2010, 11:00 PM
I don't want to NOT wake up because all night I breathed in fumes. Bike can survive outside my bed area.

Uh I'd hope you'd be smart enough to shut the bike off, let it cool, then push the bike into the tent... :idk:

Trip
08-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Uh I'd hope you'd be smart enough to shut the bike off, let it cool, then push the bike into the tent... :idk:

It still stinks of gas and everything else. I spent the night with two honda CBARRRs in a hotel room before a track day. They spent all day on a trailer and in some rain. The fumes were awful.

It's not something you would want to do very often.

Particle Man
08-31-2010, 06:52 AM
You still get residual fumes well after shutting the bike off and letting it cool. Hell, my bike has been shut down for 48 hours and I can still get a hint of fumes from it in the garage from heat expansion in the gas tank pushing air out through the vents.

Gas Man
08-31-2010, 09:45 AM
Harley riders need not apply :lol:

Only cause my bike would never fit.

Meh, I'm pretty sure if I rode far enough and was staying in a tent, the last thing I would care about is shelter for my rig.

Exactly

Yep... too much trouble and things to go wrong.

That does make a good point.

About the only benefit I could see with this, wouldn't last very long... traveling in the cold, you set up tent and put your hot bike inside with you and it heats the tent... temporarily.

Hot bike, nylon tent... hmmm

JC

LOL

This is real... like Trip said, there will always be fumes. Your gas tank is vented and so is your motor.

Oh and the website says
The Ténéré Expedition Tent - 2 Man Motorcycle Tent

So either somebody elses bike is outside or you rode "cock to ass" :lol:

perhaps they should reword it to "2 person"

derf
08-31-2010, 12:02 PM
I gotta think that the designers took all this into consideration and made the sleeping area and bike area separate sections. I dont really see too many fumes, if any getting into the sleeping compartment, especially with the bike side not 100% sealed. Another plus is that it would make a great space to do on road repairs in any type of weather (rain, snow, wind).

Trip
08-31-2010, 12:05 PM
I gotta think that the designers took all this into consideration and made the sleeping area and bike area separate sections. I dont really see too many fumes, if any getting into the sleeping compartment, especially with the bike side not 100% sealed. Another plus is that it would make a great space to do on road repairs in any type of weather (rain, snow, wind).

I doubt it would kill you or be harmful, lots of spaces for fresh air to get in. I bet it would be an irritant though.

Particle Man
08-31-2010, 03:16 PM
headache city

Rangerscott
08-31-2010, 11:18 PM

I never turn my bike off. When I get home I let it idle. I put a big fan in front of it. If she gets low of fuel, I add some more.

derf
08-31-2010, 11:36 PM
I never turn my bike off. When I get home I let it idle. I put a big fan in front of it. If she gets low of fuel, I add some more.

I'm with you but I gotta say that oil changes are a bitch

OneSickPsycho
09-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Only cause my bike would never fit.

Exactly

Yep... too much trouble and things to go wrong.

That does make a good point.

Hot bike, nylon tent... hmmm

LOL

This is real... like Trip said, there will always be fumes. Your gas tank is vented and so is your motor.

Oh and the website says

So either somebody elses bike is outside or you rode "cock to ass" :lol:

perhaps they should reword it to "2 person"

Don't let it touch the sides and it's all good... Hell, letting the bike cool down for the 15 minutes it takes to set up the tent should be enough to let it cool enough so it won't melt anything... Sorta like that bike cover you sold me...

Fumes just make you sleep easier.... mmmmm.... fumes...

Gas Man
09-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I sold u a bike cover? I dont remember that...