PDA

View Full Version : Why Danica Patrick cant win at racing

pauldun170
09-03-2010, 01:02 PM
don't watch NASCAR or car racing at all but this article made me laugh a little.

http://jalopnik.com/5627886/why-danica-patrick-cant-win-at-racing

It seems that she has never made any effort to understand how to make adjustments to the handling, and relies on her engineer or a teammate to do it for her.

If a car gets the least bit loose, she slows down and starts complaining.

She has not even bothered to learn the most basic facts about the design of the cars, and only learned at the last race about the "truck bars," a standard feature of a stocker and one way of altering the handling.

I'm don't want to mention the word sterotype but...

Dnyce
09-03-2010, 01:11 PM
theres one in every sport lol

Homeslice
09-03-2010, 01:15 PM
"WHOAH, A WOMAN IN A MAN'S SPORT".......That's the only reason teams & sponsors ever hired her

Rider
09-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Simple, she a girl. Girls don't know shit about cars.

Papa_Complex
09-03-2010, 01:20 PM
I suspect that no one (or man at least) really cares at all if Patrick actually wins, any more than they did for Anna Kournikova.

Sean
09-03-2010, 01:44 PM
People want females to succeed in motorsports so badly they coddle them until they don't know anything. They get to higher levels and have no idea how they got there. It's the precious little snowflake syndrome--we pave our playgrounds with Nerf and then wonder why our kids freak out over "trauma" that would barely have registered a generation ago.

L8 Braker
09-03-2010, 01:58 PM
What's funny is that there are plenty of men who have raced for years, and have not had near the success she has, even though they know their way around a car much better...Yet, they don't get their own thread...

Dave
09-03-2010, 01:59 PM
She's terrible.

Bluestreak
09-03-2010, 02:05 PM
She's terrible.

But she's hot!

http://thinknice.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/danica-patrick1.jpg

Rider
09-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Do I spy stretch mark above her bikini bottom? :skep:

Dave
09-03-2010, 02:19 PM
But she's hot!

http://thinknice.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/danica-patrick1.jpg

So is jenny tinmouth, cept she can actually race, wrench, and likely knows more about bikes than half the guys she races in bss cup

Particle Man
09-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Is that a target on her back? :lol:

Trip
09-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Danica's airbrushed photos are ok, but her real life self isn't that great.

Anna Kornherkova, she could of lost every damn match 6-0, 6-0 and no one would of cared and still wanted her to play tennis.

smileyman
09-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Danica can't win because she pits every twenty laps to have her radiator bearings lubed and her wheel fluid checked.

Smittie61984
09-03-2010, 10:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pahRYh7yslA

Flexin
09-07-2010, 08:10 PM
I don't see the problem. From everything I have read she does really well. She doesn't have many wins but there are a lot of drivers that finish behind her from what I have read.

Some think she is only there because she is a woman. Could be, I'm not sure. But she is doing ok so whats the problem.

She might be getting more press because she is a woman but she also gets more shit because of it as well so I think it levels itself out.

James

Dave
09-07-2010, 09:00 PM
I don't see the problem. From everything I have read she does really well. She doesn't have many wins but there are a lot of drivers that finish behind her from what I have read.

Some think she is only there because she is a woman. Could be, I'm not sure. But she is doing ok so whats the problem.

She might be getting more press because she is a woman but she also gets more shit because of it as well so I think it levels itself out.

James

didnt read the article eh?

Flexin
09-07-2010, 09:14 PM

Nope.

James

smileyman
09-07-2010, 09:30 PM
I have zero problems with women drivers/riders. I have a huge problem with pussy drivers/riders. Dont go whining about some lame excuse cause you can't get it done. Goes for Stoner and Gibernau, goes for Danica. No matter how much or how little they accomplish.

Flexin
09-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Just read it.

I agree she should know how to explain whats wrong with a car and what she wants changed.

Even if she does know she could have some that she just doesn't work well with. But its more of a problem because she doesn't.

The thing is she has some pretty good finishes. Do the drivers behind her know more about cars? If so why are they behind her?

She should have learned somewhere along the way. People must have let her get away with it for this long so good luck in getting her to change now. Her team owner would have to be the one to put the pressure on her.

James

askmrjesus
09-07-2010, 09:58 PM

Meh.

Some racers race, some develop. Some do both.

JC

Papa_Complex
09-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Meh.

Some racers race, some develop. Some do both.

JC

And quite a few people with natural talent couldn't tell you what the suspension was doing over a series of bumps, to save their lives.

askmrjesus
09-07-2010, 10:29 PM
And quite a few people with natural talent couldn't tell you what the suspension was doing over a series of bumps, to save their lives.

QFTPATAMICNWAY.

"I don't know, it felt kinda...bumpy."

JC

Particle Man
09-07-2010, 10:40 PM
Do the drivers behind her know more about cars? If so why are they behind her?

James

Do I really have to answer that? :lol:

askmrjesus
09-07-2010, 10:44 PM

:lol:

Nine guys wishing they had ass-cams, battling for whatever place is right behind her.

Love is blind.

JC

Dave
09-07-2010, 11:25 PM

problem is guys behind her likely have "inferior equipment" :lol:

Papa_Complex
09-08-2010, 06:54 AM
QFTPATAMICNWAY.

"I don't know, it felt kinda...bumpy."

JC

"Well it was sort of < makes wave moves with hands >" :lol:

problem is guys behind her likely have "inferior equipment" :lol:

I'll buy that! :lol:

Particle Man
09-08-2010, 07:09 AM
"What's this "low oil" light mean?"

derf
09-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Nobody will admit to the real problem with her running in nascar, she needs to park the car every 50-75 laps, then she spends the next few minutes trying to park while slamming the car into everything around her because she cant find her purse.

Papa_Complex
09-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Nobody will admit to the real problem with her running in nascar, she needs to park the car every 50-75 laps, then she spends the next few minutes trying to park while slamming the car into everything around her because she cant find her purse.

So you're saying that the only real differences are a purse and the speed at which the collisions occur?

derf
09-08-2010, 08:08 AM
And her ability to pit, its like parking

Smittie61984
09-08-2010, 08:43 AM
"What's this "low oil" light mean?"

Irrelevent. She drives a Honda.

Particle Man
09-08-2010, 08:44 AM

:lol:

Dave
09-08-2010, 09:04 AM

That's why she sucks in nascar, she's waiting for vtec to kick in :lol:

derf
09-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Dumb question, but does she have fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror?

Papa_Complex
09-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Dumb question, but does she have fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror?

Why do you ask? I don't think that "Patrick" is an Italian name :skep:

Mudpuppy
09-08-2010, 11:02 AM
i hear the new swedish chick is pretty good though.. at least from what i read on her in automobile magazine.. unlike Patrick she actually knows shit about cars, etc. They refer to her as the "anti-patrick".. and mention that despite gender she is just a damn good driver:

http://www.indycar.com/drivers/show/55-izod-indycar-series/3813-simona-de-silvestro/

I don't watch indycar or any car racing anymore as i lost interest.. motorcycle racing is so much better.. but the whole Patrick thing is a desperate attempt by the indycar league to make a come back.. they are dying a slow death.. and it thoroughly pisses me off when someone like Patrick is handed the keys to the kingdom, all hyped up, etc. and doesn't know a fucking thing about racing or cars or even make an attempt to learn.. most everyday people would give anything to have a chance like that to race on a professional level (or whatever the activity is - golf, soccer, football, hockey, water polo, etc.)

askmrjesus
09-08-2010, 02:41 PM
i hear the new swedish chick is pretty good though.. at least from what i read on her in automobile magazine.. unlike Patrick she actually knows shit about cars, etc. They refer to her as the "anti-patrick"..

I can see why.

She looks like a dude. :lol:

JC

Smittie61984
09-08-2010, 02:54 PM
The only real racing is school bus figure 8 racing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plbI-QxdFzk

The only sport women shoudl be involved in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIuvlqKX0TY

derf
09-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Really though, she is a half decent driver or she wouldnt be there, she is in the bottom half of the pack. However she does make the big $$$ because she is a HER

askmrjesus
09-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Really though, she is a half decent driver or she wouldnt be there, she is in the bottom half of the pack. However she does make the big $$$ because she is a HER

No, she's makes big $$$ because she is a smart HER.

Racing, to an extent, is a cult of personality. She has one.

JC