PDA

View Full Version : Trackday Mishap..

dubbs
06-03-2008, 05:57 PM
What's up guys..

I was supposed to be at the track Today and yesterday @ NHIS.. I was going through turn 6 which is known as the bowl.. Basically it starts going downhill, then once you hit the apex it goes up hill.. All while being 30+ degrees banked..

I was going through which what I thought was a decent pace, not too fast or too slow and then I just lowsided.. I think the rear tire came around, not sure as it happened real fast and nobody could tell me definitively what they saw.

I'm basically ok, the gear did its job for the most part, but while I was sliding I think my right boot hooked up with the ground and made me tumble a bit. I'm obviously a bit sore but my ankle is swollen as well.. Didn't actually hurt until about 3 hours after the wreck.. I'll attach some pics of the hurt up bike... I ordered frame sliders back in march but it's been a back and forth ordeal with R&G, they keep sending me the wrong shit. So now their fuck-ups have cost me a good deal of money.

rider76
06-03-2008, 06:00 PM
sucks bro, you gonna fix it or get a new one?

dubbs
06-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Swingarm slider def did its job.. lol..

If you notice.. My coolant bottle is from R&G and has a hole in it for the frame slider.. only thing is, im missing fuckin frame sliders.. THANKS R&G!

I would like to try to make this a track only bike.. Wondering where I should begin with fixin her up. I'd like to do it myself if possible. It has carbs so I'm pretty sure it's flooded from the tip over and not sure if the tranny is fucked, since it seems the linkage took a good hit. Looks like I need the following..

Front fairing, left fairing, and tail section (track plastics probably)
fairing stay
left clip on
rear sets
stator cover
I have another coolant bottle..

I figure with ebay involved it shouldn't be too much..

R1up0n1
06-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Ehhhh damn! Thats sucks.

Mr Lefty
06-03-2008, 06:55 PM
SHIT! that fucking sucks ass! I was wondering when I saw the coolant bottle! I have R&G's... I hope I got the right sliders!!!!!

damn bro... that shit's totalled to be sure... what are you gonna do?

dubbs
06-03-2008, 07:14 PM
SHIT! that fucking sucks ass! I was wondering when I saw the coolant bottle! I have R&G's... I hope I got the right sliders!!!!!

damn bro... that shit's totalled to be sure... what are you gonna do?

You think thats totalled?

I don't have full coverage (costs way too much to justify it) so I thought I'd fix it up with help from ebay..

JoJoYZF
06-03-2008, 07:44 PM

I don't have full coverage (costs way too much to justify it) so I thought I'd fix it up with help from ebay..

If the frame is scratched and not just dirty, theyd probably just total it.

DLIT
06-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Ouch.

t-homo
06-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Have fun with the new track slut.

BTW: Sue R&G for it.

Mr Lefty
06-03-2008, 09:16 PM

frame looks scratched... 90% of the time if it's scratched it'll be totalled...

did you low side or what?

azoomm
06-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Have fun with the new track slut.

BTW: Sue R&G for it.

Bummer. Sliding sucks for sure.

Most of it appears superficial, scratches or not. If it's going to live life as a track whore, scratches are just that... scratches. The linkage would be the only thing I could worry about, but I haven't seen it in person. ;)

How are YOU? You say sore, have you gone in, or at least made an appointment to get checked out? Ankles are funny things that could be all sorts of hurt and take forever to heal if you don't take care of it right away.

So, you blame a company because you took the gamble to track a bike that wasn't prepared to take a hit, and lost the bet? Strange. It was your decision, regardless of what shipping errors occurred. I'm not saying you should give them a hug, but to blame them for your bikes injuries are a bit far reaching imho.

jalaan1
06-03-2008, 09:29 PM
awwww damnnnn Dubbs.
sorry to hear it man.

:sorry:

Trip
06-03-2008, 09:33 PM
It's part of the game, glad you are alright.

The bowl must be a curse, rumor mill hears another TWFixer didn't fare so well in it thanks to someone else's mistake.

marko138
06-03-2008, 09:34 PM

Most of it appears superficial, scratches or not. If it's going to live life as a track whore, scratches are just that... scratches. The linkage would be the only thing I could worry about, but I haven't seen it in person. ;)

How are YOU? You say sore, have you gone in, or at least made an appointment to get checked out? Ankles are funny things that could be all sorts of hurt and take forever to heal if you don't take care of it right away.

So, you blame a company because you took the gamble to track a bike that wasn't prepared to take a hit, and lost the bet? Strange. It was your decision, regardless of what shipping errors occurred. I'm not saying you should give them a hug, but to blame them for your bikes injuries are a bit far reaching imho.
Finally someone speaking reasonably.

It's part of the game, glad you are alright.

The bowl must be a curse, rumor mill hears another TWFixer didn't fare so well in it thanks to someone else's mistake.
Well there's only 1 other TWF'er there that I know of.

Trip
06-03-2008, 09:37 PM

Yep, I will let him tell the story. He is fine, bike isn't.

marko138
06-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Gay.

Mr Lefty
06-03-2008, 09:45 PM
was it wet? looking outside of the garage looks wet out

dubbs
06-03-2008, 11:40 PM
was it wet? looking outside of the garage looks wet out

No.... It wasn't..

damn.. no way..

They weren't shipping errors, they were complete fuck ups and I am NOT blaming them for what happened to my bike necessarily, but I wish they would have got their shit together the first time. My two track days april 28th and 29th.. I was pissed about not having them for. They took TWO weeks to decide that they had indeed sent me the wrong shit after receiving and sending out 2 other wrong units.

I'm sorry but your post makes me really fucking pissed off.

t-homo
06-03-2008, 11:42 PM
I was being sarcastic about suing them, but I would be really pissed off about it.

dubbs
06-03-2008, 11:44 PM
I was being sarcastic about suing them, but I would be really pissed off about it.

I know that, I guess azoomm let that affect her interpretation of my post..

Mr Lefty
06-03-2008, 11:58 PM
well I am with Azzoom though... it ULTAMATELY was your choice to run the bike in a not 100% track ready state... you gambled and lost.

I'd be pissed too about the fuckups with the company.... but that's all you can blame on them... ya know?

it's kind of like going to subway for a healthy lunch and them being closed... so you gotta go to McD's... and being pissed at Subway for you gain'n weight.

all Azzoom is saying is be adult and own up to your mistakes instead of passing them off.

sucks that you went down... I'd be pissed as well... actually when my bike fell over due to a flat I WAS insanely pissed... but it was my choice to ride with a plugged tire, so I can't get pissed at the shop for not having my new tire in to change.

hope you get your 2wheel situation sorted out quick and get back riding quick though!

DLIT
06-04-2008, 12:01 AM
The motherfucker was excited to do a fucking track day, leave the man alone.

PiZdETS
06-04-2008, 12:23 AM
That sucks man, build her back up stronger, faster, awesomer!

r!der
06-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Damn that sucks, but any time you can walk away from a crash you should be thankful. If anything, try to learn from the experience. What went wrong, what could you have done differently, etc... Going down sucks period, but atleast make good use of the situation and try to learn from it.

Have the frame measured, if it's straight, turn it into a mean track bike that you won't have to worry about baby-ing all the time....and ride the piss out of it. Just make sure everything is straight and safe before you dump money into it.

My bikes been thru some rough days too. The tanks been painted 3 different colors. :zowned: (yes I suck :panic:)

dubbs
06-04-2008, 05:44 AM
well I am with Azzoom though... it ULTAMATELY was your choice to run the bike in a not 100% track ready state... you gambled and lost.

I'd be pissed too about the fuckups with the company.... but that's all you can blame on them... ya know?

it's kind of like going to subway for a healthy lunch and them being closed... so you gotta go to McD's... and being pissed at Subway for you gain'n weight.

all Azzoom is saying is be adult and own up to your mistakes instead of passing them off.

sucks that you went down... I'd be pissed as well... actually when my bike fell over due to a flat I WAS insanely pissed... but it was my choice to ride with a plugged tire, so I can't get pissed at the shop for not having my new tire in to change.

hope you get your 2wheel situation sorted out quick and get back riding quick though!

Like I've already tried to explain.. I tried NOT to gamble by ordering the parts waaay in advance. They kept sending the wrong parts.. It took 2 months to get that coolant bottle. And I STILL don't have the right spacers for them..

I guess I'm crazy.. :panic:

Mr Lefty
06-04-2008, 05:51 AM
bro your missing our point. yes... R&G fucked up... it's shit that they didn't get the sliders to you in time... but it's not their fault your bike's fucked up.

but what's done is done... glad your ok... hopefully you'll still feel ok in the next couple of days... (sprains, strains, and bruses have a way of hiding them selves for a day or so)

I'll tell ya right now though... if you go OEM... the side fairings are gonna cost $240 each... and the front will be closer to $350...

dubbs
06-04-2008, 05:53 AM
bro your missing our point. yes... R&G fucked up... it's shit that they didn't get the sliders to you in time... but it's not their fault your bike's fucked up.

but what's done is done... glad your ok... hopefully you'll still feel ok in the next couple of days... (sprains, strains, and bruses have a way of hiding them selves for a day or so)

I'll tell ya right now though... if you go OEM... the side fairings are gonna cost $240 each... and the front will be closer to $350...

Whatever.. don't really care anymore at this point..

Yeah, my ankle def has a prob.. It makes nice cracking sounds when I try to hobble around.. I will be seeing a doc soon.

Other then that I'm just sore from the asphalt surfing I was doing..

Mr Lefty
06-04-2008, 06:03 AM
hopefully it's nothing... my right ankle has snaped and popped ever since I rolled it horibly in HS... but never gives me issues... :idk:

good luck though

marko138
06-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Shit happens, mang.

How did your gear hold up? And what were you wearing?

dubbs
06-04-2008, 11:42 AM
Shit happens, mang.

How did your gear hold up? And what were you wearing?

Gear faired really well.. Icon jacket, teknic chicane pants, icon gloves, a* boots..

No scratches or bruises on me.. Helmet and gloves never touched.. Boots, pants, and jacket have a few scrapes on em but really no damage.. I'll get pics soon.

zortness
06-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Sux about the sliders not making it... but you rode the thing, so I agree with azoom. It's your choice to ride it or not... we all have to weigh the risks every time we ride. I've been in several situations where I've chosen not to ride, even after travelling 600 miles just to get there.

Looks like minimal damage to the bike though. Cosmetics and stuff that us racers figured out to change out long ago. Get that thing rideable and ride the piss out of it, that's what it was built for. These bikes may look perdy when you first get them, but most will end up as a pile of twisted aluminum and steel, so enjoy it while you got it. I'll try and get some pics of my teammates' R6's... they're so trashed, it's surprising they even function, but Ed wins races on his.

dubbs
06-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Sux about the sliders not making it... but you rode the thing, so I agree with azoom. It's your choice to ride it or not... we all have to weigh the risks every time we ride. I've been in several situations where I've chosen not to ride, even after travelling 600 miles just to get there.

Ok, for the last time.. I know I took a risk, I'm not saying it was their fault, just saying I wish they would have got their shit together, it could have saved me a lot of money... damn.

Looks like minimal damage to the bike though. Cosmetics and stuff that us racers figured out to change out long ago. Get that thing rideable and ride the piss out of it, that's what it was built for. These bikes may look perdy when you first get them, but most will end up as a pile of twisted aluminum and steel, so enjoy it while you got it. I'll try and get some pics of my teammates' R6's... they're so trashed, it's surprising they even function, but Ed wins races on his.

The damage does look minimal.. What do you think I should do besides ordering all the parts to get her running again.. ?

marko138
06-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Give it a good wash and figure out if the frame is just dirty or scratched. Then maybe decide if you'll use it for street duty again.

DLIT
06-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Give it a good wash and figure out if the frame is just dirty or scratched. Then maybe decide if you'll use it for street duty again.

That's what I would do. The more track days I started doing, the less and less I give a fuck about how my bike looks on the street. I still wipe it down before every ride, but there's some scratches and stuff I don't care about nearly as much as if it was a street bike only. Fix what you need to fix to get it running solid and see how much money you have to make it pretty/buy crash parts to protect you from another possible crash.

I'm trying to buy Vortex case covers (Ebay) now to protect me from a possible future wreck. Speaking of Vortex and your new bike, Kurt...get me a discount!

zortness
06-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Ok, for the last time.. I know I took a risk, I'm not saying it was their fault, just saying I wish they would have got their shit together, it could have saved me a lot of money... damn.
Sorry, I was too lazy to read the entire thread.
The damage does look minimal.. What do you think I should do besides ordering all the parts to get her running again.. ?
The usual crash parts for a race bike are:
-clipons
-case covers
-rearsets
-frame sliders
-swingarm sliders
-upper fairing bracket
-fairings (duh)
-levers
-possibly front axle sliders
-possibly tank and other miscellaneous sliders (like for an R6 and R1)

Putting all of those on your bike will likely save you a shitload of damage and repair costs when you fall. Plus, you should take off all of the miscellaneous unneeded pieces that are easily removed, like your high/low beam switches, head lights, turn signals, etc. Basically, look at your bike and think about which parts are fragile, which parts stick out, and which parts are completely useless... then take them off. It adds to preparation time if the bike is going to do double duty on the track and on the street... but it'll save you a lot of money.

I'm trying to buy Vortex case covers (Ebay) now to protect me from a possible future wreck. Speaking of Vortex and your new bike, Kurt...get me a discount!
It looks like Vortex doesn't even make covers for the R6's... Ed mentioned how well the stock cases hold up in crashes. The engine does not really stick out that far. He races without frame sliders too, because the side of the bike is so flat, nothing really sticks out (except the tank if it slides on the top half of the bike).

DLIT
06-04-2008, 06:12 PM
I wonder what I'm bidding on at Ebay then.

jalaan1
06-04-2008, 06:13 PM

awwww man.
you guys talkin' about ceo?

him too?

Mr Lefty
06-04-2008, 06:23 PM
lets let CEO tell the story... when he finally logs in...

t-homo
06-04-2008, 07:15 PM
It will be a while then.

marko138
06-05-2008, 09:03 AM
It will be a while then.
No shit. Could be weeks till that asshole posts.

azoomm
06-05-2008, 10:35 AM

So, you're telling me I hurt your feelings? Sorry I posted it so soon after your crash while the wound was so fresh.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about YOU. The bike can be fixed easily... sure, with some money. But, take care of YOU.

JoJoYZF
06-05-2008, 03:24 PM
No shit. Could be weeks till that asshole posts.

Especially if the bike and him are in good enough condition to do the other track days he was supposed to be doing down in florida.

dubbs
06-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Especially if the bike and him are in good enough condition to do the other track days he was supposed to be doing down in florida.

He is, bike isnt..

So, you're telling me I hurt your feelings? Sorry I posted it so soon after your crash while the wound was so fresh.

Frankly, I'm more concerned about YOU. The bike can be fixed easily... sure, with some money. But, take care of YOU.

Don't worry about me, I got myself taken care of..

Vettezilla (Impala Balko)
06-06-2008, 10:05 AM
wow... sorry bout your loss man, but even if you had full insurance on it they wouldnt cover a track incident you would have to pull an insurance scam in order to get that fixed via ins co. (not exactly a wise idea)... have the frame checked out and as long as its true just turn it into a track bike and then buy one for the streets.

JoJoYZF
06-06-2008, 12:04 PM
wow... sorry bout your loss man, but even if you had full insurance on it they wouldnt cover a track incident you would have to pull an insurance scam in order to get that fixed via ins co. (not exactly a wise idea)... have the frame checked out and as long as its true just turn it into a track bike and then buy one for the streets.

Not necessarily, a lot of insurance companies look at it like a school as long you arent entering a race.

He is, bike isnt..

Don't worry about me, I got myself taken care of..

So Im guessing e wont be able to ride at the gap either then?

06-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Not necessarily, a lot of insurance companies look at it like a school as long you arent entering a race.

It sounds like a grey area... and if they make you sign a waver like they do at the drag track then your insurance will definately not cover it.

dubbs
06-06-2008, 01:16 PM

So Im guessing e wont be able to ride at the gap either then?

This place counts as a school as they do have classroom, INS companies do cover it 99% of the time.

ceo012384
06-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Jon I've found some photos of your wreck and will post them up when I can.

You sure you didn't spin the rear because of your footpeg touching down due to not hanging off enough?
It sounds like a grey area... and if they make you sign a waver like they do at the drag track then your insurance will definately not cover it.
Both these posts are wrong. If it is a non-competitive event, then your insurance is legally bound to cover you.

Mine is covering me. There was no question.

marko138
06-06-2008, 04:54 PM

You sure you didn't spin the rear because of your footpeg touching down due to not hanging off enough?

Both these posts are wrong. If it is a non-competitive event, then your insurance is legally bound to cover you.

Post the details, dick.

ceo012384
06-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Got 'em.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2008-06-02%20Track%20Days/iobots/jon/2555745381_c8f981d6f3_b.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2008-06-02%20Track%20Days/iobots/jon/2555744369_45046e2a6a_o.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2008-06-02%20Track%20Days/iobots/jon/2556570264_76962286b8_b.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2008-06-02%20Track%20Days/iobots/jon/2555750371_1b1821a36e_b.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2008-06-02%20Track%20Days/iobots/jon/2556575706_45807f2d7e_b.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2008-06-02%20Track%20Days/iobots/jon/2556573922_dd4aff5f86_b.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2008-06-02%20Track%20Days/iobots/jon/2555753337_b7d5373eb1_b.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2008-06-02%20Track%20Days/iobots/jon/2556578688_3fe9b1091c_b.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2008-06-02%20Track%20Days/iobots/jon/2556583442_8c008c2125_b.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2008-06-02%20Track%20Days/iobots/jon/2556585026_da97460e9f_b.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2008-06-02%20Track%20Days/iobots/jon/2556590498_b8f9ce89f4_b.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2008-06-02%20Track%20Days/iobots/jon/2555770045_7d2e670ac2_b.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2008-06-02%20Track%20Days/iobots/jon/2555781663_6b08c6120b_b2.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/2008-06-02%20Track%20Days/iobots/jon/2556615450_51098e1227_b.jpg

Post the details, dick.
Patience, my son.

BTW Jon did you camera get the footage? My recorder's battery fuckin' died before mine.

dubbs
06-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Got 'em.

BTW Jon did you camera get the footage? My recorder's battery fuckin' died before mine.

Thanks for those pics.. love watchin myself tumble like that... :panic:

Nope, camera was being retarded, didn't record that session..

Mr Lefty
06-06-2008, 10:25 PM
was your seat not bolted down or what? that thing flew of WAY early....

damn... if you'd had a little more run off you'd have just ended up with a bit of track rash... fuck'n gravel ATE your bike

PiZdETS
06-06-2008, 10:57 PM
I can take seeing the goriest, nastiest shit the internet has to offer, but seeing play by play pics of a bike getting trashed make me cringe and wince hardcore.
I feel for you guys, glad you're allright.

06-07-2008, 12:10 AM

How does going through insurance effect your rates and (surcharge points) and do you have to cover a deductible.

dubbs
06-07-2008, 01:34 AM

damn... if you'd had a little more run off you'd have just ended up with a bit of track rash.

Seat? bolts? mine has none.. WTF?

How does going through insurance effect your rates and (surcharge points) and do you have to cover a deductible.

Alot.. yes..

I can take seeing the goriest, nastiest shit the internet has to offer, but seeing play by play pics of a bike getting trashed make me cringe and wince hardcore.
I feel for you guys, glad you're allright.

It makes me feel more ready to go take out turn 6... :dthumb:

fuck'n gravel ATE your bike

Yeah.. damn fuckin gravel, street and track... FACK! :zowned:

Mr Lefty
06-07-2008, 01:49 AM
Seat? bolts? mine has none.. WTF?

You serious?

If you lift up the pass seat, or cowl in your case... there's a little bar that slide into th open area on the back of the rider's seat. there's a bolt that secures that bar (and subsequently the seat) to the sub frame.

dubbs
06-07-2008, 11:15 AM
You serious?

If you lift up the pass seat, or cowl in your case... there's a little bar that slide into th open area on the back of the rider's seat. there's a bolt that secures that bar (and subsequently the seat) to the sub frame.

My seat has always jus popped right off from the dealer.. :idk:

marko138
06-07-2008, 11:18 AM

damn... if you'd had a little more run off you'd have just ended up with a bit of track rash... fuck'n gravel ATE your bike
My seat flew off when I crashed. And I was only going about 20mph.

ceo012384
06-07-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm not sure yet. I will probably get a surcharge point but that will just offset some of the safe driver/rider discounts I was already getting.

Since it wasn't technically anyone else's fault I will have to cover my deductible.
My seat flew off when I crashed. And I was only going about 20mph.
When did you crash?! The buell? Or pinky?

marko138
06-07-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm not sure yet. I will probably get a surcharge point but that will just offset some of the safe driver/rider discounts I was already getting.

Since it wasn't technically anyone else's fault I will have to cover my deductible.

When did you crash?! The buell? Or pinky?
Pinkman Jones....like a month after I bought it 5 years ago.

Mr Lefty
06-07-2008, 09:49 PM
My seat has always jus popped right off from the dealer.. :idk:

weird... so it's just loose? or what? there should be a bar that's enters the circled area on the back of your seat... look in the area I circled on your bike when your cowl is off... there should be a little bracket.

the only way your seat should come off in a wreck is if you busted the plastic in the seat or tweaked the subframe... our seats are pretty solidly mounted.

dubbs
06-13-2008, 02:08 PM
weird... so it's just loose? or what? there should be a bar that's enters the circled area on the back of your seat... look in the area I circled on your bike when your cowl is off... there should be a little bracket.

the only way your seat should come off in a wreck is if you busted the plastic in the seat or tweaked the subframe... our seats are pretty solidly mounted.

They might have changed that for 07 because where you're pointing I have 2 plastic studs that just fit into the back of the seatpan or whatever you call it..

Besides that, here are some shots of when I kept the rubber side down..

Please critique my form as I obviously know I need to work on it biiiig time..

thanks..

papapoi
06-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Think on the posotive side your Exhaust didnt take any damage.:twfix:

dubbs
06-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Think on the posotive side your Exhaust didnt take any damage.:twfix:

It was damaged when I bought it (underneath) and I got it for 80$ so I wouldn't of really been worried, but yea.. The right side still looks mint.. :rockwoot:

ceo012384
06-16-2008, 04:04 PM
You gotta get off that bike, son!

It will come... practice in parking lots. That's what I do all the time. It's just hard to find empty ones with good pavement around here...

dubbs
06-16-2008, 10:19 PM
You gotta get off that bike, son!

It will come... practice in parking lots. That's what I do all the time. It's just hard to find empty ones with good pavement around here...

I know, lookin at those pics I'm like.. I thought I was a lot farther off then I actually am.. Felt a lot further, but it looks like I barely moved an inch.. Practice Practice Practice!!! :dthumb:

DLIT
06-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Read the "How to hang off a bike" thread. Good tips in there.

ceo012384
06-17-2008, 07:45 PM
I know, lookin at those pics I'm like.. I thought I was a lot farther off then I actually am.. Felt a lot further, but it looks like I barely moved an inch.. Practice Practice Practice!!! :dthumb:
I hear you on that. When I was trying to get my speed up it always felt like I was hanging off so much and felt like I was leaning over so far. Turns out in reality it wasn't even close, as I later learned through pics and vids. Once you get there you get more used to it though. Still, the pics show me what I still need to work on, which is getting my head down powering out of more of the corners, and a more consistent getting down of my torso.

That's why pictures and videos helped me so much. Try to get one of the instructors (or Mike Kurtz) who has a cam to follow you for a few laps. That shit helped me a ton. Also helped tighten up my lines, which still need some work... Loudon is so damn technical.