PDA

View Full Version : Wassup from Deals Gap.

NONE_too_SOFT
06-04-2008, 05:14 PM
made it down here about 2 1/2 hours ago. It was a long 600 miles, the weather is gorgeous, and not a single cop to be spotted on 129. Only been through once, with all my 30 Lbs of luggage, and even though i thought i was takin it easy i still got my edges scrubbed in nicely.

waiting for rae and her friend as i sit here, then we're off to wheelers (if we can get there before they close).

Tapoco has a t1 connection now, so it wont be a problem keeping in touch with you guys. Wish more of you could have made it down.

DLIT
06-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Rae's friend a girl?

NONE_too_SOFT
06-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Rae's friend a girl?

negatory. Fuckin A.

Trip
06-04-2008, 05:24 PM
What time are they getting there and why aren't you out riding? :lol:

jalaan1
06-04-2008, 05:32 PM
keep us posted.

where're the pics?

Mr Lefty
06-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Nice! damn I wish I could be there! (september... september...)

hope it stays nice for ya'll!

t-homo
06-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Hope you have fun. Wish I could have made it but money wouldn't allow.

Trip
06-04-2008, 05:59 PM
hey give me a call if you get back online, I have to stick around knoxville tonight, but will be up at 8am in the morning.

No Worries
06-04-2008, 09:43 PM
...Only been through once, with all my 30 Lbs of luggage, and even though i thought i was takin it easy i still got my edges scrubbed in nicely...

You would need over 100 pounds of luggage to get near my Suzuki's weight, and probably 200 pounds to get near my CBR's weight (600 pounds).

OneSickPsycho
06-04-2008, 10:04 PM
You would need over 100 pounds of luggage to get near my Suzuki's weight, and probably 200 pounds to get near my CBR's weight (600 pounds).

Welll the difference is... those bikes were meant to handle that weight.

Over200
06-04-2008, 10:05 PM
negatory. Fuckin A.

R they riding two up??:panic:

Mr Lefty
06-04-2008, 10:28 PM
no... her friend mike rides... wonder why he hasn't joined up here though

Cutty72
06-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Make a run for me... wish I could make it.

lookin forward to a rally at zoomies track :rockout:

ceo012384
06-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Wish more of you could have made it down.
Fuck you and everyone else that is there.

marko138
06-06-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm coming down next week, after you asshats leave.

Nico
06-06-2008, 06:36 PM
This is Woody, the little guy with the black R6 and the white & silver leathers. It was great riding with y'all out on the Cherohala. I hope to get some good riding in after I get back from Iraq....too bad it'll be Christmas.

Great meeting you guys. Keep the shiny side up!

dReWpY
06-06-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm coming down next week, after you asshats leave.

good ill be there

Trip
06-06-2008, 09:02 PM
wtf drewpy, why arent werent you on your way at 6. Ghey.

the chi
06-06-2008, 09:04 PM
This is Woody, the little guy with the black R6 and the white & silver leathers. It was great riding with y'all out on the Cherohala. I hope to get some good riding in after I get back from Iraq....too bad it'll be Christmas.

Awesome meeting you!! It was great riding with ya and make it back safe so we can do it again!!!

NONE_too_SOFT
06-06-2008, 09:20 PM

woody wassup. I was on the yellow rr.

I went pavement surfing today, unfortunatly, it was good riding with you. Hope the mrs wasnt bent out of shape about you bein out all day.

t-homo
06-06-2008, 09:39 PM

I went pavement surfing today, unfortunatly, it was good riding with you. Hope the mrs wasnt bent out of shape about you bein out all day.

I guess we are going to have to wait till the end of the weekend to hear this story. Everything good to keep going at least?

marko138
06-07-2008, 11:11 AM

Hmmm...at what point do you come to the realization that maybe you are pushing too hard on public road?

ceo012384
06-07-2008, 01:20 PM
I went pavement surfing today, unfortunatly
Your new bike :no:

DLIT
06-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Hmmm...at what point do you come to the realization that maybe you are pushing too hard on public road?

Yeah, what he said. He was trying to impress Rae.

marko138
06-07-2008, 07:37 PM
I have no doubt about that.

Dnyce
06-07-2008, 07:48 PM

maybe he was trying to impress rae's friend

:whistle:

NONE_too_SOFT
06-07-2008, 08:08 PM

about the time my ass hit the pavement, why?

I still got to ride some sweet roads and had a blast. hows the weather up on that pedestal fellas?

Trip
06-07-2008, 08:08 PM

nah, we were just cruising on the way back and misjudged a decreasing radius that surprised me as well and the pavement on that road is suspect because it had a lot of transitions. Wrecks are going to happen anywhere especially down here. The road has bitten great riders down here.

Mr Lefty
06-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Damn NtS... sorry to hear that... I take from your tone that it was just a little off and nothings (too) fucked up.

marko138
06-07-2008, 09:59 PM
nah, we were just cruising on the way back and misjudged a decreasing radius that surprised me as well and the pavement on that road is suspect because it had a lot of transitions. Wrecks are going to happen anywhere especially down here. The road has bitten great riders down here.
If you can't negotiate a turn you are riding out of your skill level. Period.

dReWpY
06-07-2008, 10:09 PM
someone got the drewpy award & it wasnt me this time

Mr Lefty
06-07-2008, 10:19 PM
:lol: drewpy... you gotta show up to win the award!

dReWpY
06-07-2008, 10:24 PM
i had a great day today, found some amazing roads 30 miles from the apt, met some interesting riders, and caught some nice panfish, wished for trout but sunfish work

Mr Lefty
06-07-2008, 10:29 PM
nice... fucking gorgeous day here... man... this is gonna be a long summer...

DLIT
06-08-2008, 12:01 AM
nice... fucking gorgeous day here... man... this is gonna be a long summer...

Two words. Banana spiders. Motherfuckers get huge, especially towards August and September. They're everywhere. Spiders in general are everywhere towards the middle of summer to the end.

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 12:08 AM
thanks.. it isn't enough I have fuck'n centipedes crawling everyfuckingwhere... I got banana spiders to look forward to!

have I said FUCK KOREA yet?

dReWpY
06-08-2008, 12:11 AM
arent the poisonous too?

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 12:15 AM
arent the poisonous too?
have I called you an asshole today?

dReWpY
06-08-2008, 12:23 AM
nope, just biologist will do...

The Banana Spider is known to hide among bananas shipped to the US These spiders are aggressive and very venomous and not intimidated by size (can attack people when threatened).

Despite the Banana Spider’s reputation as the world’s deadliest spider

On the other hand, there are other studies suggesting that the Banana Spider is indeed the most toxic spider in the world based upon toxicology studies. One of the most notable and thorough studies is presented in the book “Venomous Animals and their Venoms Vol. III” by Wolfgang Bucheral and Eleanor Buckley.

DLIT
06-08-2008, 12:24 AM
thanks.. it isn't enough I have fuck'n centipedes crawling everyfuckingwhere... I got banana spiders to look forward to!

have I said FUCK KOREA yet?

All they do is just sit in their webs. You talking about those big ass centipedes with big arms and shit, dark brown color? I think they're called cave scorpions.

OneSickPsycho
06-08-2008, 12:24 AM
someone got the drewpy award & it wasnt me this time

Don't get too excited dude, the fuckin' award was named after your dumbass... :lol:

And I hear we have nanner spiders here in FL too... I fuckin' hate spiders.

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 12:27 AM
nope, just biologist will do...

The Banana Spider is known to hide among bananas shipped to the US These spiders are aggressive and very venomous and not intimidated by size (can attack people when threatened).

Despite the Banana Spider’s reputation as the world’s deadliest spider

On the other hand, there are other studies suggesting that the Banana Spider is indeed the most toxic spider in the world based upon toxicology studies. One of the most notable and thorough studies is presented in the book “Venomous Animals and their Venoms Vol. III” by Wolfgang Bucheral and Eleanor Buckley.

ASSHOLE

All they do is just sit in their webs. You talking about those big ass centipedes with big arms and shit, dark brown color? I think they're called cave scorpions.

yeah... found one crawling on me the other night... at first I thought it was just one of those phantom bugs you think you feel but isn't really there... but when my hand hit it... I woke up like... WTF!

fuck... gives me chills now

DLIT
06-08-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm all itchy now.

Drewpy had to change the names of the spiders around, that shit aint true.

dReWpY
06-08-2008, 12:31 AM
much respect to all that serve, its not the assholes with guns that scare the shit out of me its the fucking creepy crawlers

I'm all itchy now.

Drewpy had to change the names of the spiders around, that shit aint true.

BUSTED!!!!

The odd part about the Banana Spider is that studies indicate only 33% of the spider bites actually contain any significant amount of venom, but those that are injected with venom could be in serious danger!

If you are bitten by a Brazilian Wandering spider (Phoneutria spp.), you should seek immediate emergency treatment as the venom could possibly be life threatening. The Phoneutria not only has a potent neurotoxin, but is said to have one of the most excruciatingly painful spider bites of all spiders due to its high concentration of serotonin.

Despite the Banana Spider’s reputation as the world’s deadliest spider, there are multiple studies that dispute the ability for the spider to actually kill a human and one study suggested that a little over 2% of these spider bites (mostly in children) were serious enough to require antivenom.

On the other hand, there are other studies suggesting that the Banana Spider is indeed the most toxic spider in the world based upon toxicology studies. One of the most notable and thorough studies is presented in the book “Venomous Animals and their Venoms Vol. III” by Wolfgang Bucheral and Eleanor Buckley. This study has some shocking findings that clearly demonstrate how lethal the Brazilian Wandering spider can actually be.

There is an antidote for the bite of a Banana Spider and was discovered by Carlos Chagas from Brazil.

If you see a spider hiding in a cluster of Bananas, you should move right along and possibly inform the store manager that is may be a Banana Spider!

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 12:33 AM
much respect to all that serve, its not the assholes with guys that scare the shit out of me its the fucking creepy crawlers

uh... you mean assholes with GUNS... right? :lol:

still an ASSHOLE

Mrs. Colleen
06-08-2008, 12:34 AM
The biggest spiders I have ever seen were in Ohio...we have some ugly bugs around here but nothing seems to compare to what I have seen out there. :panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

OneSickPsycho
06-08-2008, 12:40 AM
The biggest spiders I have ever seen were in Ohio...we have some ugly bugs around here but nothing seems to compare to what I have seen out there. :panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

The only big spiders we have are wolf spiders... like the one that was in my tent... you know, just chillin' next to my head while I slept...

Kinda like this one...
http://www.petbugs.com/caresheets/gallery/H-carolinensis.jpg

JoJoYZF
06-08-2008, 01:12 AM
The only big spiders we have are wolf spiders... like the one that was in my tent... you know, just chillin' next to my head while I slept...

Kinda like this one...
http://www.petbugs.com/caresheets/gallery/H-carolinensis.jpg

Yeah, I just killed one a little bit smaller than that in my garage last week. I hate those fucking things.

OneSickPsycho
06-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I just killed one a little bit smaller than that in my garage last week. I hate those fucking things.

They don't do anything, but they give me the heebie-jeebies anyway...

JoJoYZF
06-08-2008, 01:20 AM
They don't do anything, but they give me the heebie-jeebies anyway...

Understandable. Im not scared of spiders, they just piss me off for some reason. I think theyre basically gross to the point that it angers me and makes me need to kill them.

OneSickPsycho
06-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Understandable. Im not scared of spiders, they just piss me off for some reason. I think theyre basically gross to the point that it angers me and makes me need to kill them.

They scare me and my me cry like a 5 year old girl.

Mrs. Colleen
06-08-2008, 01:24 AM
They scare me and my me cry like a 5 year old girl.

Then why are you posting pictures of them!?!?!?!? :tt:

I knew pictures were coming so I turned off images...yes, the pictures scare me too. :leaving:

Cutty72
06-08-2008, 03:21 AM
Hey ebbs, want a banana? :nana:

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 03:25 AM
nope... but I'll be sure to bring a couple boxes with me to ND for ya.... fucker

Cutty72
06-08-2008, 03:28 AM
:lol:

rider76
06-08-2008, 08:52 AM
1. Ebbs, you will think you are in some shitty sci-fi channel movie in a couple of months. Those fuckin spiders are everywhere... Big fuckers too.... seriously always give the shitter a good once over before you sit down. when I was there there was a guy that got bitten by one on the shitter, came runnin out with pants around his ankles screaming....

2. I once responed to a 911 call at the commissary, seems an 69 year old retired chief was picking out a bunch of bananas and was bitten by as spider.. Long story short It was a banana spider who had hitchhiked with the produce delivery... Oh and this store is in Illinois

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 09:19 AM
fuck you all

rider76
06-08-2008, 09:48 AM
now now Ebbs, I think you really need to channel your anger to your recruiter....

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 09:56 AM
:lol:

DLIT
06-08-2008, 10:09 AM
I remember when I first got here back in 2000, I was taking the trash out and there was a huge Tarantula(sp) just chilling behind the trash can and when I moved it, it came crawling out. Bitch was fast, too. I had to kill it with the trash can because there's no way in hell I'm stepping on a huge spider.

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 10:20 AM
fuck that I hate spiders... not to the point that I go screaming like a girl... but then again... I've never seen one bigger than a small camel spider... and that was "only" about 4" long x 2.5" wide

DLIT
06-08-2008, 10:23 AM
fuck that I hate spiders... not to the point that I go screaming like a girl... but then again... I've never seen one bigger than a small camel spider... and that was "only" about 4" long x 2.5" wide

I had one of those on my fucking arm at work here a few years back. I thought I just had an itch and looked on my left forearm and that shit was like "Yo, I'm big and I'm on your arm". I swatted it off and took some breathes to cool out before I cut it's wounded head off and put it in a Gatorade bottle.

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 10:29 AM
:lol: yeah and they're fast as FUCK! but I guess they're not really a spider... they're actually scorpions...

Trip
06-08-2008, 02:54 PM

An accident can happen without riding anywhere near your skill level, a simple mistake when you are just cruising at a slow pace can bite the shit out of you on these roads. Ask Drewpy, he went down after he backed it off to just chill and cruise through the gap.

We were all tired after a long hot day of riding and were cruising back to the lodge to hop in the pool. One misjudged corner and wham. Simple mistake that anyone could of made.

marko138
06-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Misjudged = out of skill level. I just don't buy the excuses. I know shit happens. It happens to everyone. But you've got to be honest with yourself.

Trip
06-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Misjudged = out of skill level. I just don't buy the excuses. I know shit happens. It happens to everyone. But you've got to be honest with yourself.

Well then don't ever go to the track or ride twisties, because they are out of your skill level.

marko138
06-08-2008, 04:43 PM
I didn't crash at the track. And I haven't crashed on a twistie road.

Trip
06-08-2008, 04:45 PM
I didn't crash at the track. And I haven't crashed on a twistie road.

Yes, but a mistake or misjudging something could lead to that, so it's best for you to just safe at home because you are out of your skill level. Damn those Moto GP riders for riding out of their skill levels.

marko138
06-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Whatever gets you to sleep at night, guy.

Trip
06-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Whatever gets you to sleep at night, guy.

Ambly went down this weekend as well. Why don't you jump on his case about riding beyond his skill level too.

marko138
06-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Probly was.

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 05:07 PM

not true... you can be caught off guard... doesn't mean you don't have the SKILL to handle it...

the only way you ever improve is to move closer and closer to the limit of your skill level... with out pushing that... we'd all still be in the parking lot.

Trip
06-08-2008, 05:15 PM
not true... you can be caught off guard... doesn't mean you don't have the SKILL to handle it...

the only way you ever improve is to move closer and closer to the limit of your skill level... with out pushing that... we'd all still be in the parking lot.

If you ever go to a STT track day, they talk about when a majority of their accidents happen. It's towards the end of the segments when everyone is getting tired. It's not that they don't have the skill to handle the situations, it's fatigue that gets them and that has nothing to do with skill level.

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 05:18 PM
glad to hear they were both minor downs... and everyone is ok.

now commence with the picture share'n!

Trip
06-08-2008, 05:19 PM
glad to hear they were both minor downs... and everyone is ok.

now commence with the picture share'n!

They have all the pics and they are probably not home yet. I wonder if NtS is even on the road yet. Wheeler was still working on his bike when I saw it last night.

Andrea took some, but she took off last night to go visit her grandparents in another part of TN.

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 05:26 PM
ill prepared mother fuckers.

so what all happened to NtS's bike

DLIT
06-08-2008, 05:33 PM
If you ever go to a STT track day, they talk about when a majority of their accidents happen. It's towards the end of the segments when everyone is getting tired. It's not that they don't have the skill to handle the situations, it's fatigue that gets them and that has nothing to do with skill level.

I rarely finsh a full session because of this. I can tell when I'm getting close to being not fully attentive (lack of better words) and I tell myself it's the last lap, usually a few minutes short of the 20 minute session. And the GP guys go 110% for 40-50 minutes during a race, that's crazy.

OneSickPsycho
06-08-2008, 05:37 PM
I rarely finsh a full session because of this. I can tell when I'm getting close to being not fully attentive (lack of better words) and I tell myself it's the last lap, usually a few minutes short of the 20 minute session. And the GP guys go 110% for 40-50 minutes during a race, that's crazy.

I'm sure any one of us could be conditioned enough to do that... That's all they do is condition themselves and ride...

DLIT
06-08-2008, 05:39 PM
I'm sure any one of us could be conditioned enough to do that... That's all they do is condition themselves and ride...

Yup, it's just time and money...lots of it.

WHAT HAPPENED TO NTS' BIKE??

Trip
06-08-2008, 05:45 PM

Yeah I will pull off if I start feeling tired and I almost always go in on the white flag lap if I stay out til the end. STT started doing a white flag lap and they say it's helped with late crashes.

ill prepared mother fuckers.

so what all happened to NtS's bike

The side he laid down was fine, the side that hit the guard rail took a beating. radiator resi is leaking, right front caliper broke off the fork, rotor bent, rear brake banjo is leaking, and a bunch of fairing damage.

WHAT HAPPENED TO NTS' BIKE??

see above

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 05:49 PM
NtS needs to avoid corners with guard rails :lol: he's 2 for 2

OneSickPsycho
06-08-2008, 05:54 PM
NtS needs to avoid corners with guard rails :lol: he's 2 for 2

No shit... Now how pissed is NtS?

Trip
06-08-2008, 05:55 PM
No shit... Now how pissed is NtS?

He is really pissed because apparently wheeler is closed on sundays and he is stuck in robbinsville with no way to get his bike.

OneSickPsycho
06-08-2008, 05:56 PM
He is really pissed because apparently wheeler is closed on sundays and he is stuck in robbinsville with no way to get his bike.

He could always just buy a new bike... I mean, another one.

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 08:09 PM
fuck... that sucks ass! how fucked up was the bike?

Trip
06-08-2008, 08:14 PM
fuck... that sucks ass! how fucked up was the bike?

enough, not as bad as ceo's but bad enough. It was almost back together as of 4:30 yesterday.

t-homo
06-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Damn that sucks. I was really hoping it was just cosmetic and he was still riding.

Damn that sucks. I was really hoping it was just cosmetic and he was still riding.

Cutty72
06-08-2008, 08:56 PM

You really were hoping huh? :lol:

dReWpY
06-08-2008, 09:01 PM
just got off the phone with nts, he is taking it nicely, lol

Trip
06-08-2008, 09:02 PM
just got off the phone with nts, he is taking it nicely, lol

lol, where is he staying in robbinsville?

dReWpY
06-08-2008, 09:12 PM
some motel, wheeler called and he had to click over so who knows if he can get it tonight or not

90 bucks & its all done, wheeler got it back together(ish)

Trip
06-08-2008, 09:16 PM
not too bad for what he had to do to it

We are talking warped rotor straightened, caliper welded, no telling to the rad resi, and ziptie everything together to remotely work all for 90 where as they did nothing to OSPs bike for how much. :zowned:

the chi
06-09-2008, 10:02 AM
yeah he got a steal of a deal on the repair costs, I finally had to leave him so I could get home...didnt want to, but work never stops for vacation time...wheeler left a note on the window for us but never called back till very late, but well, sometimes thats how it goes...

he sweet talked some nice lady and got dinner outta it, and he took it VERY well actually...

NONE_too_SOFT
06-09-2008, 09:23 PM

An accident can happen without riding anywhere near your skill level, a simple mistake when you are just cruising at a slow pace can bite the shit out of you on these roads. Ask Drewpy, he went down after he backed it off to just chill and cruise through the gap.

We were all tired after a long hot day of riding and were cruising back to the lodge to hop in the pool. One misjudged corner and wham. Simple mistake that anyone could of made.

Well then don't ever go to the track or ride twisties, because they are out of your skill level.

Get off the subject. I never made an excuse for why i crashed. Marko doesnt like me, i shed a tear over it and go on with my life, thats great. if he wants to dwell on that let him go.

Thanks for stickin up for me trip, but honestly, its just a crash. we all go down, and its always avoidable. I took a lot from this wreck, and it was like an epiphany. It told me i really cant learn much more on the street, and thats something i think i already knew anyways.

I hear SBG is having a rally this month, marko, if you really want to get to know some riders that never take risks and dont push themselves.

yeah he got a steal of a deal on the repair costs, I finally had to leave him so I could get home...didnt want to, but work never stops for vacation time...wheeler left a note on the window for us but never called back till very late, but well, sometimes thats how it goes...

he sweet talked some nice lady and got dinner outta it, and he took it VERY well actually...

thx rae.

on a side note, she also gave me a free room and a ride to wheelers in the morning.

Reba, at philips motel, will be one of my first stops next year. I was overwhelmed by her generosity.

DLIT
06-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Try to get someone following you with a tank cam next time, NTS. Post it for critiquing purposes.

NONE_too_SOFT
06-09-2008, 09:34 PM
heres a pic of me from killboy.

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/1681/killboybf3.jpg

and another.

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/9226/killboy2xt9.jpg

Mr Lefty
06-09-2008, 09:39 PM
damn it! ATTACH! :panic:

DLIT
06-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Looks fine to me. You ride with a finger covering the brake and clutch? Got a knee down yet?

DLIT
06-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Dick weed.

Trip
06-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Looks fine to me. You ride with a finger covering the brake and clutch? Got a knee down yet?

you pretty much have to at the gap, you don't get much of a break in the action and you always have to be wary of lane crossers.

NONE_too_SOFT
06-09-2008, 09:45 PM

down there ya kind of have to in order to set up for the next turn. My big problem is consistency. I kind of know what to do and how to do it, but i havnt built the muscle memory yet. I wasnt taking every turn like that, i had a lot of upsets and bad lines.

I was dragging puck the first trip through, wasnt really a big concern for me, but it felt right at home.

DLIT
06-09-2008, 09:45 PM
So just a bad line choice/not knowing the road was the reason?

NONE_too_SOFT
06-09-2008, 09:46 PM
heres the one w/ my puck down.

DLIT
06-09-2008, 09:47 PM
down there ya kind of have to in order to set up for the next turn. My big problem is consistency. I kind of know what to do and how to do it, but i havnt built the muscle memory yet. I wasnt taking every turn like that, i had a lot of upsets and bad lines.

I was dragging puck the first trip through, wasnt really a big concern for me, but it felt right at home.

I wish I could ride that road. I can't ride while covering the brake and/or clutch lever. I like gripping the bar with all my fingers. Trail-braking is a different story though.

NONE_too_SOFT
06-09-2008, 09:49 PM
So just a bad line choice/not knowing the road was the reason?

i donno. i studied my line, the road, the angles, everything for a while and i think it was just a wrong place wrong time type of thing. I'll post the pics of the wreck scene tomorrow and you can see that i had a perfect line (from my feeler scraping), same as trips. But that was part of the problem, i remember my feeler hitting before my puck touched, so i know i had bad body position.

If i had to stick it to something, it would probably be that i was focusing too much on trying to work on what trip told me earlier instead of just focusing on the ride.

DLIT
06-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Maybe it's too technical a place to try to focus stuff. I like to use sweepers with breaks between 'em. It's all good, you're alive and so is the bike. I really can't suggest anything having never ridden there, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can for when I do ride there.

NONE_too_SOFT
06-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Maybe it's too technical a place to try to focus stuff. I like to use sweepers with breaks between 'em. It's all good, you're alive and so is the bike. I really can't suggest anything having never ridden there, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can for when I do ride there.

xactly. Im psyched about heading down to mid ohio next week with some people i met to play pit bitch at a track day. hopefully will end up on the track within the next month or two.

Trip
06-09-2008, 09:59 PM
I think it was a serious of unfortunate events. I carried too much speed into that corner as well, but got lucky. I was not expecting a decreasing radius turn like that and was not even off the bike because I was in cruise mode and not really pushing it. The roads down here can bite you easily and I didn't expect turns like that for another mile or two, but I don't ride 28 often so I was unfamiliar with where I was on the road. This was probably due to fatigue because we were in the final leg of that day's ride. Combine that with a section of road with transitions in pavement and you got the recipe for disaster.

DLIT
06-09-2008, 10:01 PM
I was not expecting a decreasing radius turn like that

What, you haven't memorized all 318 turns yet? Slacker.

Trip
06-09-2008, 10:04 PM
What, you haven't memorized all 318 turns yet? Slacker.

I know the road by memory. BTW, here is an interesting little tidbit, there isn't 318 turns, that is the size of the engine in the guy's truck that decided to make that the advertising campaign. No one knows how many turns there are because no one cares to count and if they did, no one would agree on the criteria for what is a turn on that road. :lol:

This didn't happen on the dragon anyway, it was on another highway.

NONE_too_SOFT
06-09-2008, 10:06 PM
I know the road by memory. BTW, here is an interesting little tidbit, there isn't 318 turns, that is the size of the engine in the guy's truck that decided to make that the advertising campaign. No one knows how many turns there are because no one cares to count and if they did, no one would agree on the criteria for what is a turn on that road. :lol:

i feel like my world has been turned upside down... black is white, down is up, left is right.

So he had a 3.18 liter truck?

i still got a 129 body surfer sticker out of it though... its gracing the back of my helmet as we speak.

DLIT
06-09-2008, 10:08 PM

Count 'em and get back to me.

Trip
06-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Count 'em and get back to me.

no thanks :lol:

That would be a nightmare. I would have to come up with what defines a turn and then I would have to come up with what is actually the dragon that I need to count. There is from tabcat bridge to cheoah dam bridge as the original, tabcat to the state line as the advertised, overlook to store as the most commonly run, overlook to state line, tabcat to store, the entire highway of 129 as reported by the media, and endless other combinations.

It's less than 318 and I will leave it at that.

NONE_too_SOFT
06-09-2008, 10:41 PM
its only one turn. and it never ends for 11 miles.

t-homo
06-09-2008, 10:51 PM
So is that just like a really big decreasing radius spiral or what?

Captain Morgan
06-09-2008, 11:35 PM

Biggest I've ever seen were in Kuwait. Good ole camel spiders. Ok, so there are two camel spiders here, but you get the idea.

http://www.thefunnypage.com/camel-spiders/spider.jpg

Then there's this one.

http://pestcommand.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/camel-spider.jpg

and this

http://arizona.indymedia.org/uploads/2004/05/camel_spider_in_iraq-ground-jpg.jpg

and this

http://www.shinycapstar.com/images/Camel%20Spider%202170805.jpg

Mr Lefty
06-09-2008, 11:37 PM
thanks... fuck stick

Captain Morgan
06-09-2008, 11:50 PM
thanks... fuck stick

:rofl: If you have any reservations about jumping out of the plane in September, I'll just make sure to have a fake spider with me (or is it real, how will you know?)

Mr Lefty
06-10-2008, 12:03 AM
your going to die...

t-homo
06-10-2008, 12:12 AM
:rofl: If you have any reservations about jumping out of the plane in September, I'll just make sure to have a fake spider with me (or is it real, how will you know?)

I'm sure ebbs wont be the first guy the instructor has thrown out of the airplane attached to him.

Mr Lefty
06-10-2008, 12:23 AM
fuck that... I'll be jumping... hopefully that motherfuckers ready! :lol: I did a bungee jump in Vegas, I pissed them off cause I went on 2... :lol:

t-homo
06-10-2008, 12:27 AM
I've never done it before so he might have to push me.

Mr Lefty
06-10-2008, 12:42 AM
I'll kick ya out...:dthumb:

t-homo
06-10-2008, 12:46 AM
I'll kick ya out...:dthumb:

you would really do that for me? What a good fuckin friend.

Mr Lefty
06-10-2008, 01:19 AM
allways willing to kick another out of a perfectly good plane!