View Full Version : Rim Job...

Amber Lamps
09-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Redid my GF's rims on the Barbie bike... Came out nice if I say so myself!!!

Now
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/Tiffany/DSC00006.jpg

Then
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/Tiffany/Photo0299.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/DSC01607.jpg

smileyman
09-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Looks great, What brand tape did ya use?

z06boy
09-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Looks like you did a good job. White is a pain to keep clean though isn't it ?

Homeslice
09-16-2010, 03:41 PM
How is that seat cover attached? Staple gun?

Amber Lamps
09-16-2010, 03:47 PM
How is that seat cover attached? Staple gun?

Yep

Looks great, What brand tape did ya use?

Tapeworks

ontwo
09-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Awesome job, dude

Amber Lamps
09-16-2010, 11:35 PM
TAwesome job, dude

Thanks bro.

KSGregman
09-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Beyond the quality of the tapework on the rims, I like seeing tires ridden in almost properly.

It's embarrassing when people post "look at my bike, isn't it cool?!" type pics with glaringly obvious chicken strips.

Nicely done!

Riceaholic
09-17-2010, 02:18 PM
That's a nice looking bike. That pipe is sweet.

Amber Lamps
09-17-2010, 04:50 PM
White rims ftw! I might start riding it.:lol:

Cutty72
09-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Beyond the quality of the tapework on the rims, I like seeing tires ridden in almost properly.

It's embarrassing when people post "look at my bike, isn't it cool?!" type pics with glaringly obvious chicken strips.

Nicely done!

Not everyone has access to a track or area where they can utilize the entire tire.

Homeslice
09-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Not everyone has access to a track or area where they can utilize the entire tire.

You can always drag knee in a big parking lot :lol:

Amber Lamps
09-17-2010, 08:29 PM
It's really funny to me since my gf is still less than a year on a bike and those tires are brand new....as in zero miles...as in I installed them and took pictures....as in I have no idea what he's talking about...

TYEster
09-17-2010, 10:35 PM
That pipe looks so out of place with all the pink :lol:

Nice bike for a girly girl, but I think the rearsets are "too much" pink. But thats IMO, who cares, etc etc.

Dnyce
09-18-2010, 03:23 AM
white rims :boobs::rockwoot::whatwhat:

cleaning white rims :td::wtfru::gofurslf:

looks sweet

z06boy
09-20-2010, 10:45 AM
white rims :boobs::rockwoot::whatwhat:

cleaning white rims :td::wtfru::gofurslf:

looks sweet

Yep I asked about that in my above post...seems it would be a pain but they do look good.

It's really funny to me since my gf is still less than a year on a bike and those tires are brand new....as in zero miles...as in I installed them and took pictures....as in I have no idea what he's talking about...

:rofl: :rofl:

Dnyce
09-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Yep I asked about that in my above post...seems it would be a pain but they do look good.

it is a pain , i have em too

z06boy
09-20-2010, 11:13 AM
it is a pain , i have em too

I would imagine that it is just from seeing all of the crap that collects on my dark wheels.

My father had a car way back in the day :lol: that was white on white and man it looked killer when clean BUT white interior...what a pain in the azz and I thought to myself...NEVER for me.

Dave
09-21-2010, 02:46 PM
You can always drag knee in a big parking lot :lol:

You can bang racoons too

OneSickPsycho
09-21-2010, 02:50 PM

He's right though... no chicken strips!

Hell, just to impress everyone, I'm only going to take bike pics when brand new, never ridden tires on.

z06boy
09-21-2010, 02:56 PM
He's right though... no chicken strips!

Hell, just to impress everyone, I'm only going to take bike pics when brand new, never ridden tires on.

:rofl: I've got a new set of Pilot Power 2ct's that I haven't mounted yet but plan to at least mount the rear this weekend...I'll have to take a few pics to have on hand.

Amber Lamps
09-21-2010, 09:17 PM
hahaha! What a great idea! From now on pics of brand new tires only. People will think that you run the tires right to the edge!!! Hahahaha!!!

Dave
09-21-2010, 10:20 PM
hahaha! What a great idea! From now on pics of brand new tires only. People will think that you run the tires right to the edge!!! Hahahaha!!!

just post an open box of popeyes next to the rim. then everyone reading the nazi asshole's reply think he means actual chickenstrips and gets hungry. combine with root beer and win. combine with bacon for triumvirate of awesome. blowjobs ensue

Amber Lamps
09-22-2010, 01:38 AM
just post an open box of popeyes next to the rim. then everyone reading the nazi asshole's reply think he means actual chickenstrips and gets hungry. combine with root beer and win. combine with bacon for triumvirate of awesome. blowjobs ensue

Awesome!

Dnyce
09-22-2010, 02:29 AM

bacon AND blowjobs?!?! :rockwoot:

Amber Lamps
09-22-2010, 09:05 AM
bacon AND blowjobs?!?! :rockwoot:

Heaven must include eating bacon while getting blown by two girls at a time... I'll be back in 15 minutes....

CrazyKell
09-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Looks awesome! :dthumb:

tommymac
09-22-2010, 10:54 AM

Whats better is putting track take offs on my futura. the wannabes think I shagged the tires on that bike :lol:

ontwo
09-22-2010, 11:14 AM
The whole chicken strip argument is stupid to me. It's kinda like "how much ya bench?" Who fuckin cares? I guess I'm just getting old, but different people can enjoy riding at all different lean angles.

CrazyKell
09-22-2010, 11:42 AM
The whole chicken strip argument is stupid to me. It's kinda like "how much ya bench?" Who fuckin cares? I guess I'm just getting old, but different people can enjoy riding at all different lean angles.

I feel exactly the same way.

I don't have chicken strips on my bike particularly since I've still got my track tires on. Yet a lot of guys walk up to my bike, chests all puffed out and say "look at those chicken strips". I just roll my eyes and laugh.

KSGregman
09-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Meh....generally I see a sport bike with a flat spot all around the rear tire and wide chicken strips and think "poser." But, you are right....it's their money. If they want to buy a high performance motorcycle when their riding skill is more suited to a moped, who am I to judge?

In this case, at a quick glance, I didn't see any chicken strips and that seemed pretty cool knowing it was his girls bike. :idk:

Amber Lamps
09-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Meh....generally I see a sport bike with a flat spot all around the rear tire and wide chicken strips and think "poser." But, you are right....it's their money. If they want to buy a high performance motorcycle when their riding skill is more suited to a moped, who am I to judge?

In this case, at a quick glance, I didn't see any chicken strips and that seemed pretty cool knowing it was his girls bike. :idk:

Eh ....well if it's any consolation, she had maybe a half inch of strip on either side. The girl can ride. If the roads around here were tighter I'm sure she'd have even less of a strip. Ya gotta admit that you look a bit foolish commenting about the chicken strips on new tires...:lol:

Dave
09-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Eh ....well if it's any consolation, she had maybe a half inch of strip on either side. The girl can ride. If the roads around here were tighter I'm sure she'd have even less of a strip. Ya gotta admit that you look a bit foolish commenting about the chicken strips on new tires...:lol:

Lowered at all?

Amber Lamps
09-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Lowered at all?

Nope, gf is 6'0'' tall...:pebbs:

Amber Lamps
09-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Oh and the thing about commenting on "chicken strips" all the time, as some of you do, is that you have no idea how many miles are on that tire, where the person lives, how long they have been riding, etc. Wouldn't you expect someone with less than a year's experience to not have taken their tires to the edge?... Especially on the street...

Dave
09-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Oh and the thing about commenting on "chicken strips" all the time, as some of you do, is that you have no idea how many miles are on that tire, where the person lives, how long they have been riding, etc. Wouldn't you expect someone with less than a year's experience to not have taken their tires to the edge?... Especially on the street...

Tire compound, profile, width, ride height etc

Amber Lamps
09-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Tire compound, profile, width, ride height etc

Heck, stunters run their tires near flat... talk about no strips...:lol:

Dave
09-22-2010, 07:58 PM

hawt

ontwo
09-22-2010, 11:24 PM

Perfect. That would put me right about eye-to-boob level. :lol:

Dnyce
09-23-2010, 12:25 AM
Perfect. That would put me right about eye-to-boob level. :lol:

u motorboatin' sonovabitch:boobs:

:lol

Cutty72
09-23-2010, 11:31 AM

Not to mention what the main purpose of the bike is. One that is used mainly for commuting will not get the tire useage that one used only for fun twisty riding will. (unless you commute like thirdgen used to :lol:)

Amber Lamps
09-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Aw they gotta find.something.wrong.with any bike you post....

Particle Man
09-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Aw they gotta find.something.wrong.with any bike you post....
It's an Internet thing.

Homeslice
09-23-2010, 10:44 PM
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347345

Dave
09-24-2010, 12:49 AM
meh