PDA

View Full Version : FF trade question

tommymac
09-18-2010, 09:30 AM
A guy in my league is lookin gto part with andre johnson. Now I have matt schaub so it owuld be nice getting him for a hook up. hes looking for a QB and I think a RB. I have Schaub, Carson Palmer and David Garrard on my roster. Someone suggested I offer palmer in a trade and I would take one of his Qbs in return(prolly mark sanchez)

I dont realy want topart with palmer since I have ochostinko as a reciever, and am wondering if its worth doing.

EpyonXero
09-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Schaub + Johnson would be much better that Carson + Chad. Id let Carson go, its still early enough that you could pick up a sleeper QB off waivers

tommymac
09-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Schaub + Johnson would be much better that Carson + Chad. Id let Carson go, its still early enough that you could pick up a sleeper QB off waivers

Qb's are a rare commodity in our league. We have 10 teams and start 2 Qb's most will draft a 3rd to cover byes and stuff. hell one guy has 5 on his roster.

But last year I went to the championship with schaub abd delhome as my qb's.

EpyonXero
09-18-2010, 10:00 AM
I have 4 on mine right now. Vick, Kolb, Palmer, and Cutler. I still dont know whos going to be the most consistent.

goof2
09-18-2010, 10:28 AM
If the dude is willing to let Johnson go due to a bad first week definitely snap him up. Since the guy seems to be working off of week one results alone offer him Garrard. He was the 6th best quarterback last week under my league's scoring system, something he is unlikely to do on any sort of regular basis. Both Garrard and Johnson played out of character in week 1 (just in opposite ways). If you can get this guy to bite I think you will come out way ahead over the course of the season.

tommymac
09-18-2010, 10:30 AM
If the dude is willing to let Johnson go due to a bad first week definitely snap him up. Since the guy seems to be working off of week one results alone offer him Garrard. He was the 6th best quarterback last week under my league's scoring system, something he is unlikely to do on any sort of regular basis. Both Garrard and Johnson played out of character in week 1 (just in opposite ways). If you can get this guy to bite I think you will come out way ahead over the course of the season.

I was hopin gto try that, not sure if our comissioner will approve it but I will try, I may throw in a RB as well. The kicker was garrad had the best week of my qb's and he was on the bench LOL

goof2
09-18-2010, 11:04 AM
I was hopin gto try that, not sure if our comissioner will approve it but I will try, I may throw in a RB as well. The kicker was garrad had the best week of my qb's and he was on the bench LOL

On Sportsline they are showing he was owned in 34% of their leagues and started in 2% of them. Even after his week 1 performance he is still at 45% owned/5% starting for week 2 so far. I got on board for the David Garrard adventure a couple years ago after he had his good year. It was not enjoyable.:lol:

tommymac
09-18-2010, 01:58 PM
looks lik emy trade offers were blown out of the water. my bro in laws dumbass cousin offered P manning, reggie wayne and darren mcfadden for A johnson.

no way in hell could I or would I offer up that much for one player, unless it was for P manning or drew brees.

goof2
09-18-2010, 03:34 PM
looks lik emy trade offers were blown out of the water. my bro in laws dumbass cousin offered P manning, reggie wayne and darren mcfadden for A johnson.

no way in hell could I or would I offer up that much for one player, unless it was for P manning or drew brees.

Even offering Manning on his own is a pretty big risk. Throwing in Wayne (probably washed up) and Mcfadden (a good player) makes me think your bro-in-law's cousin traded a quarter, two dimes, and a nickel for a quarter. Unless his two other QBs are Brees and Brady I don't think that is going to work out for him at all.