PDA

View Full Version : ahh shit...

marko138
06-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Lookie here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130228246691&rd=1

http://www.knee4speed.com/catalog/images/ohlins-frontforks-installed3.jpg

http://i19.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/f5/40/e82b_1.JPG

Rider
06-06-2008, 03:00 PM
:drool:

marko138
06-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Due to sale of previous motorcycle I have the cash...but wife would KILL me. Dead.

Rider
06-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Due to sale of previous motorcycle I have the cash...but wife would KILL me. Dead.

Sounds like you need to upgrade the wife before you upgrade the Buell.

jalaan1
06-06-2008, 03:34 PM
that would go very nicely with yur bike's color scheme.
DOOO IIITTTTT!

what the wife don't know won't hurt her.:whistle:

Cutty72
06-06-2008, 04:13 PM
damn that shit ain't cheap jones!

DLIT
06-06-2008, 04:36 PM
You'd only be doing it for looks since your skills aren't in demand for a suspension upgrade.

ceo012384
06-06-2008, 04:41 PM
You'd only be doing it for looks since your skills aren't in demand for a suspension upgrade.

:iagree: track the shit out of that thing, and don't waste your money.

When you start running laptimes that are limited by the stock suspension, then buy some ohlins goodness.

marko138
06-06-2008, 04:53 PM
that would go very nicely with yur bike's color scheme.
DOOO IIITTTTT!

what the wife don't know won't hurt her.:whistle:

She will damn sure notice $2500 missing from the bank account!

:iagree: track the shit out of that thing, and don't waste your money.

When you start running laptimes that are limited by the stock suspension, then buy some ohlins goodness.

Didn't ask for 'skills' assessment from two people who have never seen me ride, Thank you.

ceo012384
06-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Didn't ask for 'skills' assessment from two people who have never seen me ride, Thank you.
It was good advice. I haven't seen you ride, but I guarantee your skills don't require a $2500 set of forks, dude. Spend it on 20 track days instead.

DLIT
06-06-2008, 05:13 PM

Well...I guarantee you're not nearly as fast as me and I'm riding just fine on my stock suspension that I got tuned at the track. Just trying to talk you out of something that the money could be used elsewhere...like having those dicks surgically removed from your asshole.

marko138
06-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Well...I guarantee you're not nearly as fast as me and I'm riding just fine on my stock suspension that I got tuned at the track. Just trying to talk you out of something that the money could be used elsewhere...like having those dicks surgically removed from your asshole.
Fuck off. I wasn't gonna buy them anyway. Just found them on a search. Eat shit.

DLIT
06-06-2008, 05:17 PM
If I posted up everything I thought was cool but not gonna buy, I would get flamed, too. This is your flaming. Calm down, young buck.

t-homo
06-06-2008, 05:43 PM
young buck.
:lol:

Those are some damn nice forks though. And look awesome.

PiZdETS
06-06-2008, 11:34 PM
While it's a generally agreed upon fact that marko is a (loveable) asshole, I gotta side with him on this one. I enjoyed drooling over the ohlins goodness and didn't even consider whether he needed them or not.

The rims that came on my bike were 2 grand new, they save precious pounds and improve the handling tremendously but do I get even close to taking advantage of 5% of the handling potential? hahahahahahahahahaha jesus fucking christ no. How about those gilles rearsets, do I need the rear biased foot position because I would have been constantly dragging toe with the stock pegs? Fuck no. I didn't get the full potential out of my old sv650.

Are any of us inhibited by the performance from stock exhaust cans and can't get the full potential out of the bike until we slap on the full racing system and power commander for an extra 5 horsepower? No.

Bottom line; retarded expensive racing jewelry is schweet. On a street bike or top of the line race bike, I still enjoy looking at it and appreciate the sentiment of wanting to enjoy the best of the best equipment.

And before you say it marko, I know, fuck me, you can defend yourself. :)

Dnyce
06-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Are any of us inhibited by the performance from stock exhaust cans and can't get the full potential out of the bike until we slap on the full racing system and power commander for an extra 5 horsepower? No.

i am :rockwoot:

OneSickPsycho
06-07-2008, 12:39 AM
I would only buy forks like that for a track bike... I would never track-only a Buell. They don't crash particularly well and have zero on the top end...

That being said, the forks did make my dick get hard...

DLIT
06-07-2008, 03:40 AM
While it's a generally agreed upon fact that marko is a (loveable) asshole, I gotta side with him on this one. I enjoyed drooling over the ohlins goodness and didn't even consider whether he needed them or not.

The rims that came on my bike were 2 grand new, they save precious pounds and improve the handling tremendously but do I get even close to taking advantage of 5% of the handling potential? hahahahahahahahahaha jesus fucking christ no. How about those gilles rearsets, do I need the rear biased foot position because I would have been constantly dragging toe with the stock pegs? Fuck no. I didn't get the full potential out of my old sv650.

Bottom line; retarded expensive racing jewelry is schweet. On a street bike or top of the line race bike, I still enjoy looking at it and appreciate the sentiment of wanting to enjoy the best of the best equipment.

And before you say it marko, I know, fuck me, you can defend yourself. :)

Whatever. He posted something that made him drool, like every time I see a set of Ohlins forks. He said he had the cash but his wife would kill him which made me think he was semi-serious (I've bought shit even though I knew the wifey would be pissed, like my Tacoma for example), which made me post about not needing them, which spawned his reply, which ultimately spawned your reply, which spawned me telling you to eat a bag of dicks. :panic:

Now I gotta say I was just kidding because I was, but you proly woulda blew up if I didn't. I was serious up to the bag of dicks comment.

jalaan1
06-07-2008, 09:23 AM

ouch!

i didn't even look @ the price.

nevermind.

marko138
06-07-2008, 11:06 AM
You guys are right. I shouldn't drool over a set of top shelf forks. I should probly browse eBay for a chrome stretched swingarm.

Cutty72
06-07-2008, 12:44 PM
You guys are right. I shouldn't drool over a set of top shelf forks. I should probly browse eBay for a chrome stretched swingarm.

added oil capacity FTW!!!! :lol:

jtemple
06-07-2008, 12:47 PM
You guys are right. I shouldn't drool over a set of top shelf forks. I should probly browse eBay for a chrome stretched swingarm.Screw that. This (http://rocketshields.com/) is what you need.

Cutty72
06-07-2008, 12:58 PM
I gotta get me one of those...

or not.

ceo012384
06-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Screw that. This (http://rocketshields.com/) is what you need.

WOW that is fucking retarded.

Why not just buy a car? Then you'd have FULL protection from wind and the elements, and wouldn't look like as much of a butt-pirate.

DLIT
06-07-2008, 03:53 PM

Hey, man, I said you were drooling, just like every time I see a set, too.