PDA

View Full Version : Rae's Update on the Rally

the chi
06-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Hey all, I'm sure you are all dying to know how things are going...got some great pics of some fun and a few new stories to tell...

Gonna let everyone spin their own yard tho...

Miss you all, wish you coulda made it!! (Slackers)

Heres a few shots to tide you all over...

All of us...Mike, Woody (new member Nico), Trip, NtS and me..
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n210/raerr/DSC02531Edit.jpg

NtS sleeping...
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n210/raerr/DSC02541.jpg

great shot!!
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n210/raerr/DSC02547.jpg

Crazy Jo, this guy was AWESOME!!! 62 yo, just painted that bike himself, way cool guy!! Rider, this answers the too old question i hope!!!
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n210/raerr/DSC02549.jpg

t-homo
06-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Hope yall are havin fun. Actually I'm sure you are. Nice leathers Mike. Now seriously, nice leathers woody. I just got the same set a week and a half ago.

jalaan1
06-06-2008, 10:08 PM
have fun (i know you guys are).
keep us posted.

:twfix:

Cutty72
06-07-2008, 02:43 AM
Pull a run for me guys!

Mr Lefty
06-07-2008, 03:03 AM
so wait... that's fucking it?! 5 fucking people? 2 of which aren't even members? (well before the rally I mean)... damn... where the hell is everyone else?! or are they getting there today?(saturday)

ya'll suck... btw... :lol:

Cutty72
06-07-2008, 03:09 AM
and where's the pics of Rae in a bikini?

dReWpY
06-07-2008, 11:34 AM
call my cell im leaving shortly

Crazy
06-07-2008, 12:58 PM
so wait... that's fucking it?! 5 fucking people? 2 of which aren't even members? (well before the rally I mean)... damn... where the hell is everyone else?! or are they getting there today?(saturday)

i have a job unfortunately. :sorry:

Cutty72
06-07-2008, 01:07 PM

I'm saving the world right now, thank you very much...

Carolina
06-07-2008, 01:16 PM
have fun and we await more pics

:twfix:

Trip
06-07-2008, 08:01 PM
After a day of riding crazy ass twisty roads, floating down rapids with nothing but my body, I get hurt in a pool afte wasp stung me. Jawesome....

t-homo
06-07-2008, 08:46 PM
After a day of riding crazy ass twisty roads, floating down rapids with nothing but my body, I get hurt in a pool afte wasp stung me. Jawesome....

:lol: :zowned:

the chi
06-07-2008, 09:50 PM
wow, one helluva day...he gets stung by a wasp, but before that the river decides I need to take a jaunt...got sucked right over the rapids.

kudos to mike for saving my ass, thought for sure I was going down on that one...almost drowned during rescue attempt, Mike cant swim but dove in anyway, Trip and NtS made record time across the river to provide back up in case my sorry ass didnt manage to hold on to the rock, but no blood no foul right??!! Wait, nm, there was blood, I think we all bled to the river gods...and the bruising will be SPECTACULAR!!! Trip looks like someone broke out the whips and chains, and the rash NtS didnt get from the crash he got in the river!

we were discussing thread titles for the occurence of my untimely demise...

Trip and NtS lose Mascot to River, Rae-Bitten not by Dragon but by River (embarrasing much?), Dumbass Dies in River-Smashed by Rocks...:lol:

Sometimes theres ideas, sometimes good, sometimes bad, sometimes EPICLY BAD ideas!!!

A few miles of sliding on your ass down the river qualifies we think, but DAMN it was funny!! Ya'll shoulda been here, if for nothing else other than to laugh your asses off at me!!

Oh yeah. On another note. I proved I am a girl. Oops. Fucking Spider. I scream like a ninny. MF'er surprised me, I squealed like a pig. Repeatedly. I have no more to say on that subject.

:lol:

Leaving out in the morning, feel like crying. This has been the best trip ever. For those that couldnt make it due to crap happening, missed ya'll. For those that bailed cuz they are pansy asses, we mock your sad excuses.

You suck.

Taking some more pics before we leave out in the AM, seriously looking at real estate when I get home, hey Trip, need a roomie for that new place??!! J/K, but really, I have GOT to get up here. I would bum for money for gas and ride 24/7/365 if I could.

dReWpY
06-07-2008, 09:53 PM
yeah i got 180miles in today and holy shit some of the roads i found god damn, TN is the shit, if you love roads and country, this is the state for you, just amazing

and everyone rides, most dont ride like assholes

Mr Lefty
06-07-2008, 10:26 PM
... :nopic:

sorry... had to

dReWpY
06-07-2008, 10:28 PM
which part?

Mr Lefty
06-07-2008, 10:30 PM
ANY! :lol:

dReWpY
06-07-2008, 10:38 PM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll316/mobilesnakepit/tire.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll316/mobilesnakepit/fish.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll316/mobilesnakepit/creek.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll316/mobilesnakepit/1999999.jpg

Mr Lefty
06-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Nice! how many of those 20k are yours?

dReWpY
06-07-2008, 11:36 PM
14k, since last august

OneSickPsycho
06-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Nice! how many of those 20k are yours?

Most of them.

Mr Lefty
06-07-2008, 11:55 PM
nice... I'm hope'n to have 20k on mine by Sept 09... with my trip in sept I should be at 8-9k...

dReWpY
06-08-2008, 12:09 AM
did stephen really wreck?

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 12:16 AM
i never know what to believe with you lie'n mother fuckers

ceo012384
06-08-2008, 12:19 AM
i never know what to believe with you lie'n mother fuckers

Seriously.

By the way Dubbs and I had to ride twoup back to long island on my wrecked bike :panic:

dReWpY
06-08-2008, 12:21 AM
lies, and it was all pc's idea to say we were 2up

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 12:23 AM
lies, and it was all pc's idea to say we were 2up
well I had a reall hard time believe'n you two were two up... especially on YOUR bike with no rear seat and pass pegs.

OneSickPsycho
06-08-2008, 12:26 AM
well I had a reall hard time believe'n you two were two up... especially on YOUR bike with no rear seat and pass pegs.

He has passenger pegs...
We totally should have taken a pic of us two up... we were gonna do it one night at a hotel, but we were too tired...

Mr Lefty
06-08-2008, 12:29 AM
the main issue was where all your gear would have gone... you guys all were fuck'n loaded down...

but yeah that photo would have gotten me

Carolina
06-08-2008, 12:35 AM
He has passenger pegs...
We totally should have taken a pic of us two up... we were gonna do it one night at a hotel, but we were too tired...

oh reallllyyy:bn::spank::bump::pa:

OneSickPsycho
06-08-2008, 12:43 AM
[/B]

oh reallllyyy:bn::spank::bump::pa:

Easy there spanky, I know you want in on this action, but sorry pal... we don't play that game.

Trip
06-08-2008, 03:02 PM
did stephen really wreck?

Yes, as did Ambly.

NtS' bike got smashed pretty good. Ambly just has a few scratches.

No one went down on the dragon. NtS went down on 28 coming back from Fontana and Ambly went down on one of my favorite backroads. He cut a corner too tight and went into some gravel and barely dropped it, but he slid down the side of the mountain. Bike stayed at the top thank god.

Carolina
06-08-2008, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=OneSickPsycho;49088]Easy there spanky, I know you want in on this action, but sorry pal... we don't play that game.[/QUOT

:dthumb::whistle:

dReWpY
06-08-2008, 06:40 PM
no offense, BUT I CALLED IT!11!

the chi
06-09-2008, 10:06 AM
So yeah, now everyone knows about the wrecks...thankfully no injuries...

Mad props to Ambly, out of all the wrecks I have seen, his was by far the best seat exit...and his new nickname is Superman, he picked that 500lb bike up mainly by himself...with my moral support and weak assistance as well :lol:!

NtS was a good sport, he still hung with us and went out in the car(with A/C) while he was bikeless.

Trip, thanks for an AWESOME time and some crazy ride leadership!! Bob and weave...

I'll start a pic thread shortly...gotta do some work!

Trip
06-09-2008, 10:11 AM
So yeah, now everyone knows about the wrecks...thankfully no injuries...

Mad props to Ambly, out of all the wrecks I have seen, his was by far the best seat exit...and his new nickname is Superman, he picked that 500lb bike up mainly by himself...with my moral support and weak assistance as well :lol:!

NtS was a good sport, he still hung with us and went out in the car(with A/C) while he was bikeless.

Trip, thanks for an AWESOME time and some crazy ride leadership!! Bob and weave...

I'll start a pic thread shortly...gotta do some work!

no prob, this was the most undragon gap trip ever. I think I did one run all weekend. This was completely opposite of last year's gap trip where we spent 90% of the time at the gap. Got to see some good roads that I haven't even been on before though. Good times and good food. My wasp sting still itches like a mofo and is pretty red. I am bringing a tube next time.

the chi
06-09-2008, 10:15 AM
no prob, this was the most undragon gap trip ever. I think I did one run all weekend. This was completely opposite of last year's gap trip where we spent 90% of the time at the gap. Got to see some good roads that I haven't even been on before though. Good times and good food. My wasp sting still itches like a mofo and is pretty red. I am bringing a tube next time.

Thank gawd we didnt have to get you to the hospital on that one!!

No need to bring one, we found some great ones at the lil drug store in town...we were trying to kill time waiting for Wheeler to call and randomly wandering through what lil town there was!! They have some with cup holders and EVERYTHING!! :rockwoot:

On a side note, i still feel beaten and bruised, oh lordy, if ya'll feel like I do, we all need some pain killers. Of course, we didnt get in till after 1 this morning, that may have something to do with it too...

Trip
06-09-2008, 10:29 AM
I am feeling ok, a bit groggy. I went home and slept all day yesterday and woke up and ate dinner, went back to bed and actually slept through my alarm clock and got to work late. Medicine always hits me real strong and that benadryl knocked me on my ass.

the chi
06-09-2008, 10:35 AM
I am feeling ok, a bit groggy. I went home and slept all day yesterday and woke up and ate dinner, went back to bed and actually slept through my alarm clock and got to work late. Medicine always hits me real strong and that benadryl knocked me on my ass.

wow, well, better to be knocked on your ass then in ICU from an allergic reaction...

got my email from tapoco...:lol: bitch pics shortly...

Trip
06-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Damn Dustin, THAT BASTARD! :lol:

the chi
06-09-2008, 10:54 AM
oh yes, bwahahaha...

on a side note, guys I am not posting pics of your wrecks, I will leave that to you, please PM me your emails and I will send them to you...

if you have any shots you think any of the rest of us might like, shoot them over to us or post them up!

Trip
06-09-2008, 10:56 AM
if you have any shots you think any of the rest of us might like, shoot them over to us or post them up!

So are you going to post me and NtS' masterpieces right before we left tapoco? :lol:

the chi
06-09-2008, 10:57 AM
oh gawd, i was trying to block those from memory...:lol:

We might frighten people...and could you have gotten a WORSE shot of my backside???

On second thought, I think I will post a few...:whistle:

Trip
06-09-2008, 10:59 AM
We might frighten people...and could you have gotten a WORSE shot of my backside???

I am not really sure what pic I got of your butt, I kinda just stuck the camera up on the roof and pushed the button while you were bent over. :zowned:

NONE_too_SOFT
06-09-2008, 09:12 PM
red thong Ftw... that means for the win, rae.

DLIT
06-09-2008, 09:13 PM
On second thought, I think I will post a few...:whistle:

Aaaaaaaaaannnd go.

MikeSP1
06-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Finally made my way over here. NtS, Trip, Nico, and Ambly, it was a blast meeting you guys and riding with you. And it's ALWAYS fun when I get to ride with Rae.

the chi
06-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Finally made my way over here. NtS, Trip, Nico, and Ambly, it was a blast meeting you guys and riding with you. And it's ALWAYS fun when I get to ride with Rae.

Welcome Mikey!! And hey, what can I say, I like to make things entertaining!! :wink:

t-homo
06-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Welcome Mike.

Mr Lefty
06-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Welcome Mikey!! And hey, what can I say, I like to make things entertaining!! :wink:

well now I'm REALLY looking forward to Indy! :lol:

azoomm
06-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Sounds like a great, but painful, weekend!!!

I would have trecked my ass out there - but there are a few things against me. First, I'm a spoiled bitch that has more trackbikes than I can ride at one time... yet no working streetbike. Second, I put on another trackday Yesterday that was a great success (tho a bit hot at 90+ outside).

Maybe next year we can pull together a few more riders?

Mr Lefty
06-10-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm sure we'll have record numbers if we can get the rally at your Track!

how much would it cost per person if we got 10 people? obviously hope'n for more... but I think we could count on at least 10

Trip
06-10-2008, 10:02 PM
If we are serious about doing it at her track, we need to figure out a date range we are wanting to do it to maximize the amount of people that can go and are willing to commit. This isn't like the gap, you have to pay early and if you backout, tough shit, you lose your money unless you can find someone to replace you. I think we can effectively rule out summer months. Central Texas is no place to be in a leather suit riding your heart out in the middle of summer.

NONE_too_SOFT
06-10-2008, 10:15 PM
If we are serious about doing it at her track, we need to figure out a date range we are wanting to do it to maximize the amount of people that can go and are willing to commit. This isn't like the gap, you have to pay early and if you backout, tough shit, you lose your money unless you can find someone to replace you. I think we can effectively rule out summer months. Central Texas is no place to be in a leather suit riding your heart out in the middle of summer.

good point. it'd also be a benefit to the group if we went in the off season... is there an off season then? im thinking nov-jan?

Mr Lefty
06-10-2008, 10:24 PM
I say LATE in the year... cause otherwise I'm out!

what about like late September? if we can make it happen I'm down... and my money will be there ASAP.

t-homo
06-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Next fall would work for me. With this much warning i could make it work no matter what.

Trip
06-10-2008, 10:52 PM
We may do another dual rally next year if yall want to do it in the fall. A lot of people like making the trip to the gap and I like going hang out in the mountains, so we might arrange another gap trip and then do the texas track day in the fall.

DLIT
06-10-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm gonna make it if it's at the track in TX, definately not in the summer months, September would probably be perfect.

t-homo
06-10-2008, 11:03 PM
How cold does it get in texas? Because it would be fuckin awesome if we could do one in December without it being too cold.

azoomm
06-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Well, the definition of *cold* is subjective. December might be perfect, though I need to check on a few logistics with the track. Most tracks here are closed December and January. Even February is unpredictable weather-wise. Even April can throw a loop - last year it SNOWED on my wedding day (after renting the track in Dallas for the day, it was unprecedented).

It was about 100 degrees yesterday at my event. It's been that way for at least a month. See, the difference with the weather... everywhere else record highs and record lows are displayed. HERE, it's the record number of days over 100 in a row. Sounds like hell, huh? It's just something we get used to maybe??

Best way to do this is probably a point person here to work with me on logistics. I mean, I love the forum and all... but I don't care for conducting business in this way :wink:

Mr Lefty
06-10-2008, 11:41 PM
yeah I think Trip if he has the time.... would be the obvious person to set it up...

December would be fuck'n cool for a track day... perfect to break up the cabin feaver!

if no trip can't do it... and no one else steps up... I'm willing to be the POC for this Azoom

DLIT
06-11-2008, 12:02 AM
In what way?

t-homo
06-11-2008, 12:05 AM
What are the average lows in like mid december? I want to get this to land after finals but before christmas, or like the weekend after the first. Because everyone wont want to spend money for it before chirstmas, but after maybe it wont be quite as bad.

Cutty72
06-11-2008, 12:08 AM
nov-dec get kinda busy with other holidays and such tho.

I think april or sept would be good.

DLIT
06-11-2008, 12:14 AM
I know TX gets hot, I spent 4 months there in the middle of summer, but it also gets cold as fuck, cold enough to snow a little bit. This is where I've been anyway. But if it gets up to 115 here in Vegas and down to 40-50 in December, I'm not going to waste my time and drive way out there only to freeze my ass off. The absolute latest would be End of October, maybe early November.

Nico
06-11-2008, 12:25 AM
Hey y'all. I'm back at Camp Striker, Iraq trying to kill time before I go back to my little patrol base. Great pics btw. I look like Dani Pedrosa in that first pic with all you giants. haha j/k. It was great riding and hopefully we'll ride again when this is over with.

Cutty72
06-11-2008, 12:26 AM
Hey y'all. I'm back at Camp Striker, Iraq trying to kill time before I go back to my little patrol base. Great pics btw. I look like Dani Pedrosa in that first pic with all you giants. haha j/k. It was great riding and hopefully we'll ride again when this is over with.

Glad you had a good time while you were back here!

Good luck and keep your head down! :pat:

the chi
06-11-2008, 10:13 AM
hmmm, i would be willing to work on getting something together track wise for next year, I also have a TON of track junkies here with me that I am sure would be interested...

Zoomie, I can be your stateside POC for this if you like, I'd love to work with ya!!!

Trip
06-11-2008, 11:50 AM
I say we shoot for early september, middle to late september and I won't make it. Outage season at the plant.

the chi
06-11-2008, 12:05 PM
yeah growin up in Texas, if you havent been there you just dont understand the heat issues...

super incredible heat and then intense cold depending on what area you are in...

I say either a spring or late fall, september being perfect...maybe a labor day thing....

upshift
06-11-2008, 12:21 PM
man, i even had a bike this time around and didnt make it :bs:

Bassplayer
06-11-2008, 12:40 PM
yea, if i wasnt so freakin far away id be there. :panic:

t-homo
06-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Pussy, you have 15 months to plan for it. Just save a little extra from each paycheck and it will be easy.

Mr Lefty
06-11-2008, 06:32 PM
trock.. he's also gotta get a bike ;)

t-homo
06-11-2008, 06:53 PM

Minor detail.

Bassplayer
06-11-2008, 07:18 PM

so true... thats two big details... :lol:
im hoping by august to get it.

t-homo
06-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Minor detail #1 down.
Minor detail #2 better get fuckin fixed.

rider76
06-11-2008, 07:24 PM
T Rock fuckin tellin it like it is.....

t-homo
06-11-2008, 07:38 PM
T Rock fuckin tellin it like it is.....

I play for keeps.