PDA

View Full Version : MV Agusta repurchased by Castiglioni family

goof2
10-05-2010, 11:26 AM
The newest issue of Motorcyclist is reporting that the Castiglioni family has repurchased the MV Agusta brand from Harley Davidson. Harley purchased the brand in 08 for around $108 million and put another $55 million or so in to the brand. They sold it for €3 (not a typo, it was 3 euros), put €20 million (over $27 million at current exchange rates) in an escrow account for MV to draw from over the next year, and forgave a €103 million (over $142 million) loan HD made to MV when HD owned them.

Ultimately it cost Harley over $160 million to purchase and run MV Agusta, then another $170 million to sell it two years later. If you want to know why Buell no longer exists this kind of math serves as a pretty good explanation.

Dave
10-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Hundred year old news. You actually read that rag? Last month was all harleys, this month they tried shoving electric shit on us again. Couple of ducati smuts on the last page couldn't save it from a quick trip to the bin

tommymac
10-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Hundred year old news. You actually read that rag? Last month was all harleys, this month they tried shoving electric shit on us again. Couple of ducati smuts on the last page couldn't save it from a quick trip to the bin

I get most of the MC mags sent to the house, the harley one I didnt even open, I skimmed through the electrics issue, some cool looking bikes but am not dropping over 20k for one.

goof2
10-05-2010, 11:34 AM
I get it free. I certainly wouldn't pay for it. I guess the MV sale was announced about a month and a half ago but I hadn't seen anything here about it so I figured I would post up the details.

dReWpY
10-05-2010, 11:35 AM
yeah what the fuck, i get a scribtion and the two mags are shitty, a all harley rag, then mostly eletronic one, do they even cover real mc anymore?

Dave
10-05-2010, 11:37 AM
I get it free. I certainly wouldn't pay for it. I guess the MV sale was announced about a month and a half ago but I hadn't seen anything here about it so I figured I would post up the details.

I get it free too :lol: still not worth reading lol

yeah what the fuck, i get a scribtion and the two mags are shitty, a all harley rag, then mostly eletronic one, do they even cover real mc anymore?

And it hasn't been that long since they did an all electric issue if you recall

Trip
10-05-2010, 12:17 PM
I burned the harley issue and put a curse on the editors of that piece of shit. I read the electric one cause electric stuff interests me.

goof2
10-05-2010, 01:25 PM
I read the Harley issue just to see if MC was just licking the tip or if they decided to go full on deepthrought with Harley. Turns out MC went even further by tossing HD's salad as well.

I haven't read most of the electric bike articles yet but am interested to see how well they avoid issues like range, charging time without special equipment, and the propensity of the Lithium Polymer batteries some of the bikes have to violently burst in to flames when impacted, punctured, or overcharged.

smileyman
10-05-2010, 10:16 PM
H-D management sux balls, as does Motorcyclist and Cycle World. Sport Rider and Roadracing World get the job done. I much prefer Performance Bikes and Bike Magazine from Britain. Those and 'Randy Tart' Those Brits got it going on...

Particle Man
10-05-2010, 10:41 PM
H-D management sux balls, as does Motorcyclist and Cycle World. Sport Rider and Roadracing World get the job done. I much prefer Performance Bikes and Bike Magazine from Britain. Those and 'Randy Tart' Those Brits got it going on...
That and Europe gets all the cool bikes.

Porkchop
10-09-2010, 09:05 PM

I'm subscribed to SR and Road Racer X, and occationally pick up PB if I'm near a Barns & Noble. How is Roadracing World? So far I love X, but hate that its a bi-monthly production. I know it ensures a better quality mag, but I hate waiting....