PDA

View Full Version : Not what you want to see...

TYEster
10-10-2010, 04:06 PM
After you make your sighting warmup laps at Cycle Ranch MX park in Floresville TX... 13T out of 49, lesson for the kids here - keep your chains tight. This was 3 hours of riding on "eh it's tight enough"

Thankfully their pro shop on hand - Moto-Shack had the hookup and I got to replace it today after using my "practice" bike yesterday.

Phenix_Rider
10-10-2010, 08:37 PM
More like a reason not to use aluminum sprockets

TYEster
10-10-2010, 10:00 PM
More like a reason not to use aluminum sprockets

Contact Yamaha direct, it's theirs.

Particle Man
10-10-2010, 10:11 PM
What'd the front one look like?

TYEster
10-11-2010, 07:59 AM
What'd the front one look like?

Still looks brand new with the chain.

Particle Man
10-11-2010, 09:24 AM
interesting. I usually do 'em in pairs because I'm paranoid like that :lol:

TYEster
10-11-2010, 06:11 PM
interesting. I usually do 'em in pairs because I'm paranoid like that :lol:

I checked the front and all the links when I cleaned off the dirt.

I guess my style of riding MX just destroys the rear sprocket when the chain's too loose. If it was the Aprilia, I wouldn't chance it because we're talking about 4x the horsepower AND torque. That could potentially cause it to lock up or have the chain snap and slap my leg. :td:

Particle Man
10-13-2010, 09:55 AM
I checked the front and all the links when I cleaned off the dirt.

I guess my style of riding MX just destroys the rear sprocket when the chain's too loose. If it was the Aprilia, I wouldn't chance it because we're talking about 4x the horsepower AND torque. That could potentially cause it to lock up or have the chain snap and slap my leg. :td:

I totally missed the "MX" part of your post and thought it was off the RSV instead of the YZ and was like :eek:

Now it makes more sense :lol:

TYEster
10-13-2010, 07:37 PM
I totally missed the "MX" part of your post and thought it was off the RSV instead of the YZ and was like :eek:

Now it makes more sense :lol:

LOL this is the "dirt" subforum right?

Mikey
10-14-2010, 07:28 AM
LOL this is the "dirt" subforum right?

Nobody pays attention to subforums. We all just click the "new posts" button at the top. :lol: