PDA

View Full Version : Give this kid a contract

derf
11-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Seriously, look at that trick play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UIdI8khMkw

Tmall
11-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Hahaha.. That put a huge smile on my face.

ontwo
11-08-2010, 06:13 PM
:lol: Awesomeness

TYEster
11-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Is that really legal?

azoomm
11-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Is that really legal?

Why not? They transfer the ball... the trick was the entire line stays put.

Brilliant.

TYEster
11-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Why not? They transfer the ball... the trick was the entire line stays put.

Brilliant.

I have no idea, I'm not into football enough to know the specific rules.

Definitely awesome though!

azoomm
11-08-2010, 08:59 PM

:lol: I know... me neither. We should both ask Megan to be sure.

Flexin
11-09-2010, 05:35 PM
:lol

That was sweet.

James

tommymac
11-09-2010, 05:42 PM

Def caught em off guard but you can pass the ball back like that as opposed to snapping it between the legs. I think in the realy olden days they stood on the side of the ball and swung it back to the QB.

TYEster
11-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Def caught em off guard but you can pass the ball back like that as opposed to snapping it between the legs. I think in the realy olden days they stood on the side of the ball and swung it back to the QB.

Aren't you supposed to make a verbal command for it to be an official call for the play, like hut/hike something like that? And if so, is the ref supposed to be able to hear it?

I mean, yes I can understand playing the fake out card for the other team while trying to communicate with your coach, but I'd think if you actually said the words and handed the ball off no matter how they did it, the defense would spring into action to defend against the play.

Like I said I really don't know the specifics because I'm not a team sport/player kind of person, but I do comprehend things like TDs, 2pt conversions, most of the player positions, and some of the basics.

tommymac
11-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Aren't you supposed to make a verbal command for it to be an official call for the play, like hut/hike something like that? And if so, is the ref supposed to be able to hear it?

I mean, yes I can understand playing the fake out card for the other team while trying to communicate with your coach, but I'd think if you actually said the words and handed the ball off no matter how they did it, the defense would spring into action to defend against the play.

Like I said I really don't know the specifics because I'm not a team sport/player kind of person, but I do comprehend things like TDs, 2pt conversions, most of the player positions, and some of the basics.

Doesnt have to be verbal you can go off a silent count. When a team is on the road they may not be able ot hear the QB due to crowd noise so they run a silent count. Usualy the QB will raise and lower his foot, then the center cocks his head back forward and snaps it a second or so later.

Now in that situation the defense screwed up, theyre supposed to go off of movement but because it was so nonchallant they all just stood there as the QB walked through. We were taught to go off the movement of the ball so one of our lineman would have drilled him.

TYEster
11-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Doesnt have to be verbal you can go off a silent count. When a team is on the road they may not be able ot hear the QB due to crowd noise so they run a silent count. Usualy the QB will raise and lower his foot, then the center cocks his head back forward and snaps it a second or so later.

Now in that situation the defense screwed up, theyre supposed to go off of movement but because it was so nonchallant they all just stood there as the QB walked through. We were taught to go off the movement of the ball so one of our lineman would have drilled him.

Ah interesting.

I guess the saying still applies "Always keep your eye on the ball".

tommymac
11-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Ah interesting.

I guess the saying still applies "Always keep your eye on the ball".

As defensive lineman thats drilled into you from day one. You never go on sound its always movement. I ran enough laps in my days for jumping offsides :lol:

Porkchop
11-14-2010, 12:59 AM

I was a center for a couple years. Silent count often starts with a tap on the inside of a selected thigh.

Often times a silent count isn't completely silent. The qb runs through a cadence like normal, but taps when he wants the snap. The others go off ball movement. It is very rare to have a completely silent snap count, usually a trick play...

As defensive lineman thats drilled into you from day one. You never go on sound its always movement. I ran enough laps in my days for jumping offsides :lol:

This. Did that many times.