PDA

View Full Version : Video - Rossi's first ride on the Ducati

L8 Braker
11-09-2010, 11:12 AM
http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2010/Valentino+Rossi+makes+his+first+outing+with+Ducati

KSGregman
11-09-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm really curious to see what he and JB can do to sort out the front end of the Duc....I'd be willing to bet they'll have it stable and running at the front in fairly short order.

Amber Lamps
11-09-2010, 03:14 PM
If Hayden can top 5 on it, Rossi can win on it...

TYEster
11-09-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm really curious to see what he and JB can do to sort out the front end of the Duc....I'd be willing to bet they'll have it stable and running at the front in fairly short order.

You mean the maxipads they strapped to the front aren't helping? :lol:

If Hayden can top 5 on it, Rossi can win on it...

No joke, it won one championship already with someone who seems to his own ups n downs.

Mr Lefty
11-09-2010, 08:16 PM

That's exactly what I'm thinking...

I think... if they get that front end sorted... they'll be dominate like the Duc was a couple years ago when Stoner won the championship. if not more so with Rossi at the helm...

Mr Lefty
11-09-2010, 08:21 PM
:lmao: just saw this on the wiki page for vale

The text on his helmet refers to the name of his group of friends: "The Tribe of the Chihuahua," and the letters WLF on his leathers stand for "Viva La Figa," Italian for "Long Live Pussy." He has so far escaped any sanctions or ultimatums that he remove the letters because the "W" in "WLF" represents the two "V"s in "ViVa". Equally obvious is his success at escaping any disciplinary action from the FIM or Dorna for having the letters so brazenly on the front neck area of his leathers.

TYEster
11-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I thought he actually had the phrase printed somewhere?

derf
11-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Rossi walks like a crippled old man. I'm wondering if his injury last summer will have any permanent effects on his riding ability. He looked good, slower than on the yamaha, but it is a new to him bike.

Porkchop
11-09-2010, 10:10 PM
How weird would it be to jump off of a bike you've rode for 7 years on Sunday, and onto another bike on Monday. It'd just be so weird.

101lifts2
11-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Ducati has had front end issues all year...and the bike was just not as stable as the Yammi or Honda.

Stoner and Lorenzo are gonna walk Rossi in '11.

Amber Lamps
11-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Ducati has had front end issues all year...and the bike was just not as stable as the Yammi or Honda.

Stoner and Lorenzo are gonna walk Rossi in '11.

Similar words were spoken when he went to Yamaha...:wink:

Mr Lefty
11-10-2010, 05:04 AM
Similar words were spoken when he went to Yamaha...:wink:

that's exactly what crossed my mind when I read that!

I think the most underrated part of Rossi(and JB) is how he develops the bike... I mean look how quick he turn the Yami around in just the off season the first year on the bike.

Amber Lamps
11-10-2010, 07:54 AM

I think the most underrated part of Rossi(and JB) is how he develops the bike... I mean look how quick he turn the Yami around in just the off season the first year on the bike.

Everyone said that it was impossible to win on the Yamaha but Rossi did it. Heck, that's been a going theme in MotoGp for as long as I've watched it. There have always been "non-ridable"/"non-competitive" bikes that some special rider manages to win on.:rockwoot: Even Casey Moaner is an example of this.

defector
11-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Goddam I love the sound of that bike.

Porkchop
11-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Everyone said that it was impossible to win on the Yamaha but Rossi did it. Heck, that's been a going theme in MotoGp for as long as I've watched it. There have always been "non-ridable"/"non-competitive" bikes that some special rider manages to win on.:rockwoot: Even Casey Moaner is an example of this.

Casey Moaner won on an 800.... not a 990. The 990 was the bike that no one could tame....

Dave
11-10-2010, 02:08 PM

Somehow I doubt it was valentino himself who yanked the carbs for fuel injection and tossed the 180* crank in favor of a crossplane.

fasternyou929
11-10-2010, 02:33 PM
Somehow I doubt it was valentino himself who yanked the carbs for fuel injection and tossed the 180* crank in favor of a crossplane.

While he's not an engineer, he gives the inputs that drive the engineers to make specific impovements:

Front end and chassis stability under braking and throughout a turn
Smooth, predictable power delivery
How well are the traction control and wheelie control electronics working
How well does the bike tip-in
etc.

Dave
11-10-2010, 04:39 PM
While he's not an engineer, he gives the inputs that drive the engineers to make specific impovements:

Front end and chassis stability under braking and throughout a turn
Smooth, predictable power delivery
How well are the traction control and wheelie control electronics working
How well does the bike tip-in
etc.

Right, and I get that. But he isint making hardware decisions and yamaha made some big ones that year

fnfalman
11-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Hell, everybody said that Stoner was the man and the Duck was the bike after the first year's slaughter. Then comes next year and the year after that...neither Stoner was the man nor the Duck was the bike.

Porkchop
11-10-2010, 08:42 PM
VALENCIA, SPAIN, NOV 9 - Nicky Hayden and new teammate Valentino Rossi spent the first of two days of testing trying to pick an engine. The choice for 2011 is the big bang or screamer firing order and both were put into service. Hayden was faster on the big bang, but liked the screamer, and said there was more work to do before making a decision.

Hayden said that if he was "racing tomorrow we'd choose big bang, because obviously I've been riding it all year. I'm a bit more comfortable on it. Though the screamer I enjoyed riding a lot. Was, the sound was amazing. I mean, probably the best sounding bike I've ever ridden. And the feeling, when you open the throttle it had some drive and was really responsive. I enjoyed riding it a lot, but it was a bit aggressive.

Filippo Preziosi, the genius behind the Ducati race team, said the main goal of the test is to decide the firing order for next year. Ducati has prepared three bikes; one is a GP10 bike with the big bang engine, that is more or less the bike that raced on Sunday, one is a GP11 with a revised version of the Big Bang engine, and the other is the screamer. The plan is to start with the GP11 big bang engine, make minimal chassis changes, then jump on the other GP11 to start the direct comparison. Preziosi said that such a test should be undertaken in private, but that's not possible, so he asked Rossi for a favor. Rather than search for the day's best lap time, Rossi's brief is to concentrate on the two engines.

Sounds like they might be staying with the revised big bang...

smileyman
11-10-2010, 09:37 PM
The ebb and flow of racing is relentless, one years pole technology is another years lap traffic. Rossi/Burgess has managed to ride the wave, avoid the trough, will they get sucked into the tube?? Burgess has been on the crest for a long long time...Rossi is smart enough to give him the feedback he needs, manufacturers trust the pair enough to develop entire packages on their whim...

101lifts2
11-10-2010, 10:50 PM

This is true....

Dave
11-12-2010, 09:21 AM
So melandri is almost as fast on the r1 as valentino is slow on the gp11 :lol: