PDA

View Full Version : first time riding 2 up.........

jalaan1
06-14-2008, 10:09 AM
well yesterday the wife and i were both off from work @ the same time
in a long time, and all the kids were @ school.
so after the usuall 'no kids, just us in the house' nonsense:bump: :whistle:
was out of the way,

i jokingly said "let's go for a ride on the bike"
now her usuall response is "HELL NO! you can barely ride yourself."
especially after my accident last year.
but this time she said "sure."

so we start getting dressed/geared up.
i tell her to put on her hiking boots, jeans and a thick denim jacket she has.
( i know it's not real gear, but that's all she had)
gave her my back protector, back up gloves and helmet, and were ready to go.

now, i've never actually riden anyone on the back of the bike before, so for some reason
i start to get really nervous.
i mean, if i fall/crash then hey it's just me.
but i don't want anything to happen to her. i was worried moreso about
the low speed manuvers with the added weight on my already heavy bike and
tipping over.

we pull out of the driveway, get rolling and i'm just taking it easy on the local streets. she says she's OK so i get on the parkway.
then all of a sudden all the nervousness i had just dissappeared.
i guess it was replaced with concentrating on the road.
we ended up doing only about 50 or so miles swung by the local beach and
back home.
needless to say, to my joyful surprise, she's hooked! she goes on and on
about she wants to get her own gear, what color helmet to get etc., etc.....
and when are we going back out?

i'm just so happy that my fear of riding someone is gone now,
and more importantly the wife wants to join in sometimes on my new found hobby.

just wanted to share.

Trip
06-14-2008, 10:13 AM
awesome, just remember to not scare her off. Take it easy with her for awhile if you want her to keep riding with you.

Mr Lefty
06-14-2008, 10:18 AM
AWESOME!

yeah first time I took anyone on the back I was nervous until about mile 5... then it settled down... till about mile 10 when I took off from a light a little too agressively and my front wheel came about 4' off the ground! :lol: still owe her a new hair clip as she lost hers with that stunt.(it was clipped to her jacket.)

Dave
06-14-2008, 10:33 AM
oddly enough ive found that i feel more comfortable leaning the bike in corners with my girl on the back. makes no sense i know but thats how it is. she really seems to enjoy it, last weekend's cruise had us leave the ground completely once and at least one hill induced power wheelie with no complaints lol

rider76
06-14-2008, 10:47 AM
that's how my wife got hooked to. She rode with me for two years, then this spring I got her a ninja 250. Good times

jalaan1
06-14-2008, 11:22 AM
yeah Trip,
i'll def. take it easy with her, heck, i take it easy by myself. :whistle:

right now she says she has no intentions of ever getting/riding a bike
herself.
but who knows, she said she'd never get on the back with me too.

Mrs. Colleen
06-14-2008, 11:58 AM
awesome, just remember to not scare her off. Take it easy with her for awhile if you want her to keep riding with you.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Yeah! Don't go splitting lanes on the freeway while she is still getting used to be on the back like my boyfriend (now husband) did. :tt: :td: :willy:

jalaan1
06-14-2008, 01:06 PM

Yeah! Don't go splitting lanes on the freeway while she is still getting used to be on the back like my boyfriend (now husband) did. :tt: :td: :willy:

nah, not at all.
i don't even do it by myself, not legal out here plus don't need the hassle
from jake.

NONE_too_SOFT
06-14-2008, 01:08 PM
and you think its a good thing shes hooked? Hopefully the riding bitch phase passes fast and she wants two wheels of her own.

jalaan1
06-14-2008, 01:27 PM
and you think its a good thing shes hooked? Hopefully the riding bitch phase passes fast and she wants two wheels of her own.

lol, yeah, that would be nice.
i could see her on the new Ninja 250.

NONE_too_SOFT
06-14-2008, 01:35 PM
i could see anybody on the new ninja 250. cept maybe OSP, dude is a gorilla.

jalaan1
06-14-2008, 01:38 PM
:lol:

t-homo
06-14-2008, 02:11 PM

Seems to have worked for him.

Cutty72
06-15-2008, 07:47 PM
i'm just so happy that my fear of riding someone is gone now,
and more importantly the wife wants to join in sometimes on my new found hobby.

just wanted to share.

Glad ya got your cherry popped and she enjoyed it :lol:

Mrs. Colleen
06-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Seems to have worked for him.

Yeah I guess so. :lol: It only took 4 years though! And in those four year I think I was on the back of the bike less than 10 times.

The first time he took me through the twisties I left scratch marks on his chest. He only had on a t shirt because he let me wear his jacket. He kept having to slap my hand away because I was digging so hard. :lol:

I am NOT a passenger! :td: I don't even like to be the passenger in the car...especially at the race track. But I do love to drive/ride! :dthumb: :cheers:

dReWpY
06-16-2008, 09:50 AM
you think its scary having her on back behind you, just wait till the bug hits hard enough for her to buy her own bike.... pc is a good rider, prolly better (safer) then me, but damn she still makes me nervous

OneSickPsycho
06-16-2008, 09:57 AM
you think its scary having her on back behind you, just wait till the bug hits hard enough for her to buy her own bike.... pc is a good rider, prolly better (safer) then me, but damn she still makes me nervous

Yer a bad influence.

dReWpY
06-16-2008, 10:53 AM
i have no idea what you are talking about?! i am a responsible, courtious rider, that does not ride that an asshole

NONE_too_SOFT
06-16-2008, 11:10 AM
i have no idea what you are talking about?! i am a responsible, courtious rider, that does not ride that an asshole

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii donno. im pretty sure you are an asshole.

I mean ride like an asshole.

jtemple
06-16-2008, 11:10 AM
My wife is terrified of bikes. I took her for a ride around the neighborhood on the SV. We never broke 25mph. She was scared the entire time. That was the first and last time she ever asked to ride on my bike.

dReWpY
06-16-2008, 06:14 PM
pc feel asleep, and we were on a curvy river road, i knew she had to get her own after that