PDA

View Full Version : Caliper problem...

upshift
06-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Well I was putting my new rear tire on when I noticed that my rear caliper is completely closed. Does nayone know how to open it back up? I am considering just replacing the old brake fluid but Im afraid that if I start bleeding it off it will go everywhere since it is under compression. Please help!

OneSickPsycho
06-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Flat head screwdriver, c-clamp, and lots of cursing.

upshift
06-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Flat head screwdriver, c-clamp, and lots of cursing.

thats what I ended up doing...i drained then replaced all of the brake fluid and fuckin pryed them apart. took me like 6 hours to put my rear wheel back on :panic:

rider76
06-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Did you hit the brake lever when you have the wheel off ?

OneSickPsycho
06-15-2008, 08:35 AM

More like stomped on that bitch... or he had a douchebag buddy come by and was dickin' off with the controls. I hate friends, that's why I don't have any.

thats what I ended up doing...i drained then replaced all of the brake fluid and fuckin pryed them apart. took me like 6 hours to put my rear wheel back on :panic:

Yeah and now you can do that shit in an hour flat... That's the way of the wrench my friend.

azoomm
06-15-2008, 11:35 AM
More like stomped on that bitch... or he had a douchebag buddy come by and was dickin' off with the controls. I hate friends, that's why I don't have any.

Yeah and now you can do that shit in an hour flat... That's the way of the wrench my friend.

That was my first thought. Make sure you didn't gouge your pads... if you do it sucks monkey ass.

Single sided swingarms and an electric air hammer FTW. I can remove my rear tire in about 22 seconds. :)

OneSickPsycho
06-15-2008, 11:48 AM
That was my first thought. Make sure you didn't gouge your pads... if you do it sucks monkey ass.

Single sided swingarms and an electric air hammer FTW. I can remove my rear tire in about 22 seconds. :)

How long does it take to adjust your valves every week? There's always a tradeoff.

azoomm
06-15-2008, 11:56 AM
How long does it take to adjust your valves every week? There's always a tradeoff.

My valves have been 100% in spec for the past two services which is typical when they get over 20,000 miles. You just don't hear about many of them... as they don't usually get over 1500 :lol:

upshift
06-15-2008, 02:10 PM

No :whistle:

Yeah I had to put the whole rear wheel on by myself. The guy that was supposed to help me "got feeling sick" and the perfect cure was MGS4