PDA

View Full Version : Even cops want loud pipes

Gas Man
06-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Check this out...

Oakland Police Department Wants Louder Pipes On Its Harleys (http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2008/06/12/oakland-police-department-wants-louder-pipes-on-its-harleys/#more-1509)

Dave
06-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Interesting article gas, but im still notching up to sixth everytime i spot johnny law...

Gas Man
06-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Trust me... you're fine... no sportbike is loud like my bike.

Kinda the same reason why I don't worry about my vertical plate when there are sportbikes with plates in front of the rear tire.

Rider
06-16-2008, 02:46 PM

Kinda the same reason why I don't worry about my vertical plate when there are sportbikes with plates in front of the rear tire.

Yesterday I saw a stock Big Dog just like yours except it was red or whatever the fuck color that is. It was loud just with the stock pipes on there, I cant even begin the think how loud your bike is.

Gas Man
06-16-2008, 04:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I could damage somebody's ears.... especially with the pipes aiming basically out and up like they do.

Dave
06-16-2008, 05:13 PM

haha there was a harley with pipes on it reving and generally being obnoxious when i hit the dyno and my D&D bolt on completely shit on it in volume :rockwoot: my last pull was so loud the cops rolled by the shop to see what was going on...

t-homo
06-16-2008, 05:34 PM
My friend has a Jardine RT1 on his 1000rr and its loud as shit. Choppers are still much louder though.

ceo012384
06-16-2008, 06:51 PM
They just want to look badass for the ladies who like men in uniform.

Cops in general don't wear proper gear and aren't the best riders...

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/Sales/n736702146_388801_9909.jpg

rider76
06-16-2008, 06:52 PM
There.. there Ralph.. I have a jelly donut in the cruiser.....

dReWpY
06-16-2008, 06:57 PM
did anyone else see the blood on that bike.. holy sshit

rider76
06-16-2008, 06:59 PM
That wasnt blood it was his dozen jelly donuts

Gas Man
06-16-2008, 11:57 PM
haha there was a harley with pipes on it reving and generally being obnoxious when i hit the dyno and my D&D bolt on completely shit on it in volume :rockwoot: my last pull was so loud the cops rolled by the shop to see what was going on...

My friend has a Jardine RT1 on his 1000rr and its loud as shit. Choppers are still much louder though.

Not that I'm trying to have a "who's bigger" type debate...

But anybody that wants to try... please bring the volume!

Dave
06-17-2008, 12:18 AM
haha thats kinda a drive for something so silly, i'll concede defeat

t-homo
06-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Not that I'm trying to have a "who's bigger" type debate...

But anybody that wants to try... please bring the volume!

I know your bike-dick is bigger than anyone around.

Gas Man
06-17-2008, 12:56 AM
Hey I know some jersey choppa riders that maybe could stand in for me! :D

Dnyce
06-17-2008, 02:12 AM
since this is all for shits and giggles, i'll give you a run when i hop on the dyno-my shit was pretty mean with the old pipe, curious how the new one sounds.

PiZdETS
06-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Meh, who gives a shit about loudness. It's all about tone and firing order that gives it the distinct howl.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DR2NKGGCQ9g#
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VKbQ_gQ6_hc
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OvXRzvgeBLk

Gas Man
06-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Firing order? I only have 2 cylinders! Got to love the V-twins!!!

Dnyce
06-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Meh, who gives a shit about loudness. It's all about tone and firing order that gives it the distinct howl.

im actually against general loudness 24/7-reminds me of civics with coffee can muffs and nothing else, makin all kinds of lame noise.

that being said, the 675 with shark pipes make my boner the biggest- perfect sound for a streetbike

my bike sounds mean thru the gears, but at idle you can smell the race gas, hear the intake suckin, and it just sounds nasty, crackling and shit, sensory overload...nice novelty, but gets annoying pretty quick, and setting off all the car alarms is really annoyin.

most new sportbikes at idle are barely audible-that i like.
my bike is sorta like gman's-u hear me whether or not i want you to, and if i decide i wana be heard and twist on it alil, you are damn well gonna pay some fuckin attention to me lol

sometimes i just wana creep around at 2am, enjoy the moonlight off the ocean, latenight vajay-jay appt, whatever. where im at now, the second that thing comes to life, 4 alarms go off. not exactly stealth:panic:

fnfalman
06-18-2008, 08:47 AM
sometimes i just wana creep around at 2am, enjoy the moonlight off the ocean, latenight vajay-jay appt, whatever. where im at now, the second that thing comes to life, 4 alarms go off. not exactly stealth:panic:

That's where my Beemer comes out. Even with the baffle out of the Remus exhaust, it barely purrs.

I finally heard what my KTM with dual Leo Vince sound like the other day. Jesus, it's loud! There was another guy who drove by on his KTM 990 Adv with the factory accessory Akra cans and it sounded very distinctive. A low rumble that can be heard from far away. The Leo Vinces are distinctive but they aren't rumbling at all. :sorry: They sound like thumpers on steroid - BRAPPPPPPPPP!!!:rockout: