PDA

View Full Version : Erik Buell Back in the Game?

Porkchop
12-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Who saw hell for leather Buellheads??? Based off of the 185hp 1190RR-B racebike. 185hp??? He could be on to something here....

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4084/5215006412_b4a37864e5.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5002/5209038278_335dcba1eb.jpg

shmike
12-01-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm trying to like it...

It looks like he stripped the body work off an RC8 and slapped some XB headlights on it.

The subframe is sick.

Not digging the black crap "hiding" the radiator but it looks 1000 times better than the side pods on the 1125 CR.

The frame, headlights and front end look like every other naked Buell since 2003. :idk:

Porkchop
12-01-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm trying to like it...

It looks like he stripped the body work off an RC8 and slapped some XB headlights on it.

The subframe is sick.

Not digging the black crap "hiding" the radiator but it looks 1000 times better than the side pods on the 1125 CR.

The frame, headlights and front end look like every other naked Buell since 2003. :idk:

I know, Im up in the air about it. I want something like the Cuda. I would have bought that bike if it ever made to production.

I think there is something special about the subframe, but i cant remember what....

marko138
12-02-2010, 07:59 AM
You know Erik didn't directly build that right? Pegasus Racing built it with Erik's designs and help.

OneSickPsycho
12-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Wow, that gives me a giant raging hard on.

:boobs:

EpyonXero
12-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Im tired of him and his ugly bikes.

marko138
12-02-2010, 09:02 AM
He's tired of you and your ugly bike, too.

OneSickPsycho
12-02-2010, 09:27 AM

Don't forget his ugly face! He's tired of that shitpile too! :lol:

tallywacker
12-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Ugly as usual

pauldun170
12-02-2010, 12:22 PM

:lol:

z06boy
12-02-2010, 12:34 PM
:lol: rough crowd

OneSickPsycho
12-02-2010, 12:55 PM
:lol: rough crowd

Always is when it comes to Buell... everyone shat on him with the XB's because of the boat anchor motor... then he gets a better engine and they shit on the styling... I think the only way people would stop shitting on Buell is if he created the same cookie cutter bikes the big four make.

shmike
12-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Always is when it comes to Buell... everyone shat on him with the XB's because of the boat anchor motor... then he gets a better engine and they shit on the styling... I think the only way people would stop shitting on Buell is if he created the same cookie cutter bikes the big four make.

I have an XB in the garage.

I shit on this bike because it is basically the same bike with a better motor.

I want to like the bike. It (mostly) looks great. The HUGE radiator ruins it for me.

As far as the haters, there are nearly as many fanbois that are willing to suck Erik's dick every time he comes out with a "new" bike. "Look ma, new colors!"

Erik's claim to fame was his "revolutionary" designs. You can only keep the same unproven design around for so long before it is no longer revolutionary.

marko138
12-02-2010, 01:34 PM

I want to like the bike. It (mostly) looks great. The HUGE radiator ruins it for me.

As far as the haters, there are nearly as many fanbois that are willing to suck Erik's dick every time he comes out with a "new" bike. "Look ma, new colors!"

Erik's claim to fame was his "revolutionary" designs. You can only keep the same unproven design around for so long before it is no longer revolutionary.
I dont like the gigantic radiator either. From the front it's hideous.

OneSickPsycho
12-02-2010, 02:02 PM

I don't buy into Buell's designs for function, it's all form for me... innovative, and neat-o maybe... but to me, they just look cool... unique. I don't suck his dick, I just think his bikes are pretty... the one I owned made me a huge fan.

I dont like the gigantic radiator either. From the front it's hideous.

I'd like it more if it was a little narrower, but fuck it, I still think that bike looks fucking badass.

marko138
12-02-2010, 02:03 PM
I don't buy into Buell's designs for function, it's all form for me... innovative, and neat-o maybe... but to me, they just look cool... unique. I don't suck his dick, I just think his bikes are pretty... the one I owned made me a huge fan.

I'd like it more if it was a little narrower, but fuck it, I still think that bike looks fucking badass.
1. Same here.

2. It's split for the front cylinder header. But it needs to be more narrow. Just too much there. Stupid liquid cooled bikes.

Homeslice
12-02-2010, 02:06 PM
So make the radiator black :shrug:

smileyman
12-02-2010, 10:16 PM
I bought an 1125R, 3 T shirts, a cap, some stickers, a Erik N the Thunderbolts CD, and am saving to buy a Barracuda 1190...

Just to piss off all the haters!

marko138
12-03-2010, 08:05 AM
I bought an 1125R, 3 T shirts, a cap, some stickers, a Erik N the Thunderbolts CD, and am saving to buy a Barracuda 1190...

Just to piss off all the haters!
Good for you, brother! You'd be shocked at the number of Buell shirts/hats/gears I have...well...you probly wouldn't. :lol:

smileyman
12-03-2010, 09:11 AM
I entertained thoughts of the new EBR Pegasus as a tattoo. Still not certain but it ranks up there.

tallywacker
12-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Fucking groupies

OneSickPsycho
12-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Great Buell article in Sport Rider this month... He talks openly about H-D limiting his designs, scrapping a lot of innovative projects, etc... I don't give a fuck what you think about the bikes, Erik seems like a class act.

smileyman
12-03-2010, 10:36 AM
How many individuals these days are innovators and constructors? These Buells arent perfect but they are the vision of one man, brought to life with shear determination, and I dont know of any other examples that are so prolific.

Roehr has tried it, MotoCsyz has tried it, Fischer has tried it., Dont see many of those around...

OneSickPsycho
12-03-2010, 11:41 AM
How many individuals these days are innovators and constructors? These Buells arent perfect but they are the vision of one man, brought to life with shear determination, and I dont know of any other examples that are so prolific.

Roehr has tried it, MotoCsyz has tried it, Fischer has tried it., Dont see many of those around...

Remember, those in general are all stupid pieces of shit as well... you know, just because they don't have the peak power number, don't offer performance that 99% of people cannot even come close to tapping into, and run a couple of seconds slower in lap times, they are completely worthless.

Dave
12-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Remember, those in general are all stupid pieces of shit as well... you know, just because they don't have the peak power number, don't offer performance that 99% of people cannot even come close to tapping into, and run a couple of seconds slower in lap times, they are completely worthless.

More like took an overweight undervalved engine slapped on a supercharger and agusta ripoff plastics while charging four times as much to only go about as quick as a jap thou? Or scrapped the truly innovative engine he was working on (which also cost 100 grand cause dudes got a terrible business plan) and went full bore into bikes nobody wants. I've nothing too bad to say about fischer, though execution could have been better

Tmall
12-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Who gives a fuck what some people think? The people who buy Erik's bikes will continuec to buy Erik's bikes. And if you're one of those people, you obviously don't give a shit to begin with..

smileyman
12-03-2010, 02:28 PM
I just want to know what they think when that Jardine cracks to life as i apex on the outside and leave them sucking wind until their 160 hp liter comes on 3/4 the way down the straight?

CasterTroy
12-03-2010, 03:05 PM
I just want to know what they think when that Jardine cracks to life as i apex on the outside and leave them sucking wind until their 160 hp liter comes on 3/4 the way down the straight?

They think you're "win" will be VERY short lived :lol:

smileyman
12-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Funny thing about literbikes on track. Most street riders get so overwhelmed by the acceleration and speed, they check up early and brake down too much for the next corner. So you eventually outpace them or they outbrake themselves. On the highway it really matters not...

Amber Lamps
12-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Funny thing about literbikes on track. Most street riders get so overwhelmed by the acceleration and speed, they check up early and brake down too much for the next corner. So you eventually outpace them or they outbrake themselves. On the highway it really matters not...

So on the track I'll ride a 600 I4...Idk bro, haven't we had this fight already? Hasn't this argument already been decided on the track? The Buell got left for dead against the 1000s in Superbike. It barely pulled out a championship against 600s and that was with the main 600 contender crashing out of what, 3 races?:idk: Anyway, the laptimes don't lie and I believe they show the literbikes lapping faster than the Buell...even AFTER he was allowed to field a "race only" bike against street models. They did everything but hand him the Daytona Sportbike title. From allowing special modifications for the Buell, to punishing anyone riding a 600 that complained.

If you want to make a case for Buell based on "innovation"... okay. If you want to make a case based on "style"....good enough. However, if you think that you can make a case for Buell based on "performance"...well, brother good luck with that here!:lol:

tommymac
12-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Good for you, brother! You'd be shocked at the number of Buell shirts/hats/gears I have...well...you probly wouldn't. :lol:

he has a whole separate drawer at home for his buell gear :lol:

tommymac
12-03-2010, 08:22 PM

liter bikes in beginner and intermediate are the worst. guy blows past you in the straights only for me to catch him and pass him by turn 4. Now in the hands of a good rider they will pass me and prolly lap me in 15 minutes :lol:

Amber Lamps
12-03-2010, 08:46 PM
liter bikes in beginner and intermediate are the worst. guy blows past you in the straights only for me to catch him and pass him by turn 4. Now in the hands of a good rider they will pass me and prolly lap me in 15 minutes :lol:

Definitely rider...same guy, both bikes liter ftw!:rockwoot::lol::wtlw:

tommymac
12-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Definitely rider...same guy, both bikes liter ftw!:rockwoot::lol::wtlw:

very true. if a liter bike passes me and hes gone that I can live with hes just a bteer rider, but I hate passing the same guy 5 times in a session because he only has more HP than me. If i get passed by a samller displacement bike, I usualy just let them go, no point in frustrating them by making them pass me only because i have more HP.

Then there was a guy at loudon that smoked me on a 250 2 stroke. Tried following him through a turn and I think I saw god and was like F that :lol:

Dave
12-03-2010, 09:28 PM
liter bikes in beginner and intermediate are the worst. guy blows past you in the straights only for me to catch him and pass him by turn 4. :lol:

im soo looking forward to being "that guy" next year :lol:

tommymac
12-03-2010, 09:30 PM

I iwll pass you mid turn and hit your kill switch :lol:

marko138
12-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Tom how do you know about my drawers? Creepy bastard.

Dave
12-03-2010, 09:49 PM
I iwll pass you mid turn and hit your kill switch :lol:

impossible. the rear of my bike is protected by an impenetrable wall of sound :lol

smileyman
12-03-2010, 09:50 PM

Track daying the 954?

I got the Sportrider in todays mail. Loved the XB, but it was the Savage cafe racer that stole my heart...

Dave
12-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Track daying the 954?

I got the Sportrider in todays mail. Loved the XB, but it was the Savage cafe racer that stole my heart...

yep.

my buddy has been harrasing me all year to join him on team pro-motion trackdays. probably gonna do my first next spring. while i still have tax money :lol:

tommymac
12-04-2010, 07:30 AM
yep.

my buddy has been harrasing me all year to join him on team pro-motion trackdays. probably gonna do my first next spring. while i still have tax money :lol:

Still not sure what org I will ride with this year. they had a decent program last year that saved yo umoney if you did a lot of track days. At first I rode with other groups, but then they added a bunch of days at tracks I wanted to ride. Summit main and beaver run, only to have most of those days cancelled :(

I am figuring my days will be limited this year withthe baby around and I still want to do one or 2 roadtrips up to loudon or out to mid ohio, then snag a few at NJMP.

Porkchop
12-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Still not sure what org I will ride with this year. they had a decent program last year that saved yo umoney if you did a lot of track days. At first I rode with other groups, but then they added a bunch of days at tracks I wanted to ride. Summit main and beaver run, only to have most of those days cancelled :(

I am figuring my days will be limited this year withthe baby around and I still want to do one or 2 roadtrips up to loudon or out to mid ohio, then snag a few at NJMP.

If I end up racing in this series this year, they race at Beaver Run a couple times.