PDA

View Full Version : GSP Vs. Koschech 2

Apoc
12-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Was there ever any doubt?

Joshy boy went home to the USA with his eye between his legs, and GSP no doubt nailed most of the hot chicks in Montreal last night.

Great fight, would have loved to see a knockout. But if GSP keeps fighting/training the way he is, its gonna be a while before he loses that title.

TYEster
12-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Damnit I missed the fight but I guess it went as I expected. GSP FTW

defector
12-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Meh. Typical GSP fight. Out point the opponent, but don't finish.
Maybe it is time for him to move to 185. Seems nobody has much for him at 170.

Kaneman
12-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Best night of fights I can remember ordering.

Apoc
12-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Meh. Typical GSP fight. Out point the opponent, but don't finish.
Maybe it is time for him to move to 185. Seems nobody has much for him at 170.

I would say it was a Typical GSP fight. He dominated from start to finish.

Its hilarious to hear the armchair critics. 'LOLZ HE DIDNT FINISH!!!', like finishing one of the top fighters in the world is something he should be able to do on command. Its about winning, knockouts/tapouts are a secondary concern, and rarely happen at that level.

Fighting one of us, i'd be dissapointed if we werent done in under 30 seconds. Fighting someone as close to his level as it seems to get at the moment, not so easy. GSP is one of the best ever. Losing to GSP doesnt make Koschechs talent irrelevant.

Sixxxxer
12-12-2010, 05:06 PM
GSP himself even said he was Disappointed he didnt finish him off, he talked about it in his post fight press conference. He said he wanted it bad, And Silva was mentioned, GSP may step up a weight class and stay there...He has the muscle mass to gain the weight properly and be able to compete, He said he was at 189 Last night when he fought.

Dana white said if Silva and GSP Fight it will be for Silva's Title. But prelim talks are Jake Sheilds and GSP would fight first.

It was a great fight, I dont think I've ever seen that many jabs from ANY UFC Fight...GSP used Koscheks eye as target practice.

JoJoYZF
12-13-2010, 01:12 AM
I would say it was a Typical GSP fight. He dominated from start to finish.

Its hilarious to hear the armchair critics. 'LOLZ HE DIDNT FINISH!!!', like finishing one of the top fighters in the world is something he should be able to do on command. Its about winning, knockouts/tapouts are a secondary concern, and rarely happen at that level.

Fighting one of us, i'd be dissapointed if we werent done in under 30 seconds. Fighting someone as close to his level as it seems to get at the moment, not so easy. GSP is one of the best ever. Losing to GSP doesnt make Koschechs talent irrelevant.

Exactly how I see it to.

GSP himself even said he was Disappointed he didnt finish him off, he talked about it in his post fight press conference. He said he wanted it bad, And Silva was mentioned, GSP may step up a weight class and stay there...He has the muscle mass to gain the weight properly and be able to compete, He said he was at 189 Last night when he fought.

Dana white said if Silva and GSP Fight it will be for Silva's Title. But prelim talks are Jake Sheilds and GSP would fight first.

It was a great fight, I dont think I've ever seen that many jabs from ANY UFC Fight...GSP used Koscheks eye as target practice.

He was pissed he didnt finish Dan Hardy too, why? Because GSP is already a great fighter but always strives to be better and is very critical of himself.

And how would it be a typical gsp fight because he didnt finish? He has an mma record of 21-2 and 13 wins coming by stoppage, either KO, TKO or submission. And out of 8 wins by decision, 7 were unanimous, only 1 was split. That sounds like a pretty dominant fighter to me and he showed it again last night. I dont think koscheck even landed 10 total shots that whole fight and 1 takedown that went no where.

Porkchop
12-13-2010, 07:21 AM
Koscheck is a cheating punk ass bitch. How he acted on the Ultimate Figher too... :panic:

He is probably my most hated fighter, and I wanted GSP to smash his face. I didn't get to see it due to work, but I heard I got what I wanted. Broken orbital bone???? :idk:

z06boy
12-14-2010, 11:17 AM
I read one article on the fight and the guy said he was expecting Jason "Mayhem" Miller to walk out any minute and hand someone $10k because he thought later in the fight that he was watching an episode of "Bully Beatdown". :rofl:

Glad to see it...sure I wish GSP had submitted or even knocked Kos out but dominating him for 5 rounds was pretty cool too.

I about hate to see GSP fight Silva...Silva is a badazz and imho would hurt GSP standing up and would be hard to take down too. Maybe I'm wrong and HOPE I am because I definitely like GSP better than I do the Spider.

defector
12-14-2010, 12:00 PM
I read one article on the fight and the guy said he was expecting Jason "Mayhem" Miller to walk out any minute and hand someone $10k because he thought later in the fight that he was watching an episode of "Bully Beatdown". :rofl:

Glad to see it...sure I wish GSP had submitted or even knocked Kos out but dominating him for 5 rounds was pretty cool too.

I about hate to see GSP fight Silva...Silva is a badazz and imho would hurt GSP standing up and would be hard to take down too. Maybe I'm wrong and HOPE I am because I definitely like GSP better than I do the Spider.

GSP has pretty good size for a welterweight. I don't think a move to 185 is too much of a stretch for him. Add in that he trains harder than probably anyone, and seems to always have the perfect gameplan for a given opponent, and it is an awesome fight.

z06boy
12-14-2010, 12:49 PM
GSP has pretty good size for a welterweight. I don't think a move to 185 is too much of a stretch for him. Add in that he trains harder than probably anyone, and seems to always have the perfect gameplan for a given opponent, and it is an awesome fight.

...and this is what I would hope for but against Silva who has destroyed most in that division...I sure wouldn't be putting $$ on GSP. Silva is a monster and since it's his normal weight class...man I just don't know about GSP's chances. I am surely not bashing GSP...I'd be pulling for him.

OneSickPsycho
12-14-2010, 07:36 PM
Great fight, and overall a good night of fights.

GSP did what GSP does... no surprise he dominated, however the fact that he simply stood and banged the whole time was pretty refreshing. As far as him not finishing, it's hard to get pissed at him... he CERTAINLY could have gone for the KO anywhere past the 2nd round, but the guy's a smart, conservative, fighter. He develops a game plan, alters it as necessary, and remains disciplined throughout the entire fight. Maybe not as exciting as a devestating finish, but damn certain to maintain your dominance when you have clear advantages.

And people seem to forget the Hardy fight... hell, people bitched about GSP not finishing that fight... for fuck's sake, he looked like he was going to break off Hardy's arm... or at least break it in half. If it was anybody other than Hardy in there, he would have had the sub.

As far as Kos being a dick/douche/asshole/whatever, I think the guy's a cocky SOB who was hyping the fight. Chael Sonnen really set the bar for trash talking prior to the fight and now you see more fighters starting to do it... more trash talk, more PPV sales, more $$$ in yo' pocket. He even said it, it's business. Plus the editing on TUF wasn't the friendliest, as the case with all reality TV. Go find the clips of Kos that were edited out - they explain a lot more of the situations and really show just how liberal they were with the editing.

GSP vs. Silva - I predict, when it happens, Silva gets owned. The reason is two-fold. Silva does best against wild strikers... his countering is AMAZING. GSP is not a wild striker... he's disciplined and doesn't take many, if any, chances. The 2nd reason, and most important, Silva struggles against really good wrestlers... and GSP is a REALLY good wrestler. The weight difference is less than what people make it out to be. GSP is a big welterweight and Silva is an average sized middleweight... forget that he has faught at light-heavyweight. Since GSP usually takes about a year off between fights, he could very well pack on 10lbs of muscle and be right there with Silva.

That said, I'm not completely convinced that would be a title fight. Silva's gotta get through Belfort, which is going to be a fucking AWESOME fight... and GSP has to get through Sheilds. IMHO, Silva will take Belfort... but the question is, can GSP take Sheilds. If Sheilds comes in healthy - no retarded weight cut - and can get inside of GSP's reach, I see it going to the ground and Sheilds smothering GSP. Can he finish him? I'm not sure, probably not, but I could see him humping out a win. That's what's going to be REAL interesting... how that fight progresses if it goes to the ground. If GSP can stay standing, he will fuck Sheilds up.

OneSickPsycho
12-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Oh and to add... I'm SOOOOOOOO glad to see Thiago Alves BACK! Man, he looked fucking ridiculously awesome in there... I can't wait to see him fight again.

Triple
12-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Silva claims to walk around at about 220 pounds and has asked for fights at heavyweight. GSP came into his last fight at just under 190 pounds. Silva is a good bit taller and would have a significant reach advantage. No doubt, he is a bigger guy than St. Pierre. I do not believe, however, that Silva holds any strength advantage. Take striking out of the equation and I'd bet a 170-pound GSP rag-dolls a 185-pound Silva. Anderson Silva is a fighter; GSP is an athlete.

If Silva moves down to face GSP (which Silva himself has suggested; he started fighting at like 167 pounds, after all), GSP takes it. If GSP moves up to 185, it's a toss-up. I think GSP can do everything Sonnen did in his fight with Silva, plus avoid the submissions to take a UD win. That said, any time spent on the feet with Silva is just one counter-strike away from semi-consciousness. GSP got tagged by the T-Rex arms of Matt Serra, who may have power, but lacks the reach and timing of Silva.

z06boy
12-15-2010, 09:47 AM
You guys are getting me excited...let's set this fight up !! :rofl: Of course though it's also exciting just to know that Silva/Belfort and GSP/Shields is in the future...hopefully.

Triple
12-15-2010, 10:04 AM
I think Shields would have been a bigger threat to Silva than he is to GSP. After dismantling Henderson, he should have stayed at 185 and challenged Anderson Silva for his first UFC fight. He's as good a grappler as Sonnen and a better Jiu-Jitsu artist than Silva.

He wouldn't have lost any stock losing that fight, because he would have been fighting a champion a class higher than his natural weight. If he loses at 170, however, he jeopardizes his credibility at 185.

OneSickPsycho
12-15-2010, 09:20 PM
I think Shields would have been a bigger threat to Silva than he is to GSP. After dismantling Henderson, he should have stayed at 185 and challenged Anderson Silva for his first UFC fight. He's as good a grappler as Sonnen and a better Jiu-Jitsu artist than Silva.

He wouldn't have lost any stock losing that fight, because he would have been fighting a champion a class higher than his natural weight. If he loses at 170, however, he jeopardizes his credibility at 185.

From what I gather, that was not a Sheilds decision, but rather a Dana White move...

OneSickPsycho
12-17-2010, 11:51 AM
I missed it, but THIS is awesome!

http://urdirt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/121.gif

defector
12-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Was there last night. They were pimping Faber pretty hard all night.

z06boy
12-17-2010, 01:18 PM
I saw the MMA Awards show but didn't see the fights yet. It's sitting on the DVR just waiting for me. :rockwoot: