PDA

View Full Version : cliff lee

Dave
12-14-2010, 09:05 AM
We got Im, suck it new york. Next time you want somebody try not throwing trash on their wife :lol:

Trip
12-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Baseball sucks, no one cares. It's football season.

Dave
12-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Don't you hail from a state that doesn't even have a major league team? :lol: but since its football season, how bout them cowboys? :lmao:

Trip
12-14-2010, 11:14 AM
I've never lived in a state with a Pro baseball team. Baseball was big in Louisiana though, because LSU use to dominate college ball but I never really cared for it. Baseball was one of those stupid sports where your parents forced you to play and you stood around kicking rocks for a few hours when you could of been at home playing Nintendo.

Pro baseball seems to be a more yankee thing. If you are not a Yankees or Red Sox fan, you are irrelevant for the most part.

Dave
12-14-2010, 11:36 AM
I've never lived in a state with a Pro baseball team. Baseball was big in Louisiana though, because LSU use to dominate college ball but I never really cared for it. Baseball was one of those stupid sports where your parents forced you to play and you stood around kicking rocks for a few hours when you could of been at home playing Nintendo.

Pro baseball seems to be a more yankee thing. If you are not a Yankees or Red Sox fan, you are irrelevant for the most part.

New yorkers like to think so anyway.

I can understand the sentiment though, I didn't Get or like football for a looong time. Been coming around in the last couple years though. I still hate how kiddie comercialized it is, but at least I can enjoy the plays/tactics of it

Trip
12-14-2010, 11:44 AM
New yorkers like to think so anyway.

I can understand the sentiment though, I didn't Get or like football for a looong time. Been coming around in the last couple years though. I still hate how kiddie comercialized it is, but at least I can enjoy the plays/tactics of it

Not just New Yorkers, but Bostonites too. I think it's pretty much true though. You see the NY and B everywhere. They have huge fanbases everywhere, no matter how bad or good they are.

I see a lot of Braves gear around here, but that is because the Braves are the only Southern team. There are teams in Florida, but I don't count Florida as a Southern state, it's directionally Southern, but it's got it's own thing going culturally. Nothern Florida can join us though, they don't have any teams either though. You got to get on the shaft before they have a team down there.

Dave
12-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Not just New Yorkers, but Bostonites too. I think it's pretty much true though. You see the NY and B everywhere. They have huge fanbases everywhere, no matter how bad or good they are.

I see a lot of Braves gear around here, but that is because the Braves are the only Southern team. There are teams in Florida, but I don't count Florida as a Southern state, it's directionally Southern, but it's got it's own thing going culturally. Nothern Florida can join us though, they don't have any teams either though. You got to get on the shaft before they have a team down there.

Braves I can buy, maybe even reds or sox for western tn. If you're they are wearing yankees shit and aren't actually from new york they are dickriding. Just like the dallass cowboys extended fanbase

Trip
12-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Braves I can buy, maybe even reds or sox for western tn. If you're they are wearing yankees shit and aren't actually from new york they are dickriding. Just like the dallass cowboys extended fanbase

I see as much boston gear as I do new york. This is world wide. People from other countries wear their shit.

I don't see dallas gear that much anymore, probably cause they suck.

I've seen Saints gear explode.

defector
12-14-2010, 12:09 PM
:lol: but since its football season, how bout them cowboys? :lmao:

Ass. :lol
At least I can maintain confidence that any other NFC East team won't be winning the Super Bowl this year.

Dave
12-14-2010, 12:12 PM
I see as much boston gear as I do new york. This is world wide. People from other countries wear their shit.

I don't see dallas gear that much anymore, probably cause they suck.

I've seen Saints gear explode.

Boston stuff is surprising to me. Doesn't occur at all here. If someone wears non phillies stuff its usually nyy, mets, and occasionally braves

Saints crap blew up here too. Bandwagoners are a disease

Porkchop
12-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Thats a scary starting rotation... Roy Halliday, Cliff Lee, Cole Hammels, Roy Oswalt, and Joe Blanton.... yikes. :panic:

Dave
12-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Thats a scary starting rotation... Roy Halliday, Cliff Lee, Cole Hammels, Roy Oswalt, and Joe Blanton.... yikes. :panic:

No blanton. He may be going to boston. Kendrick most likely. And of course we still got madsen/lidge

tallywacker
12-14-2010, 02:14 PM
It's going to take something amazing to stop the pitching the phillies have.

tommymac
12-14-2010, 02:33 PM
The NY media is funny, theres articles saying how lee will regret not comming to NY. Philly is an aging team and wont go on spending sprees like the yankmees to keep signing the latest/greatest free agents, and how in a few years he may be all by himself on a mediocre baseball team

There could be some truth to that but it also sounds like sour grapes to me, considering they were so willing to over pay for him and give a 7 yr contract to a 32 yr old pitcher.

tallywacker
12-14-2010, 02:54 PM
The NY media is funny, theres articles saying how lee will regret not comming to NY. Philly is an aging team and wont go on spending sprees like the yankmees to keep signing the latest/greatest free agents, and how in a few years he may be all by himself on a mediocre baseball team

There could be some truth to that but it also sounds like sour grapes to me, considering they were so willing to over pay for him and give a 7 yr contract to a 32 yr old pitcher.

I hate everything to do with the yankees. Need a real salary cap system to make MLB competitive.

Dave
12-14-2010, 03:24 PM

Rivera? Don't forget jeter's old ass. Isint rodriguez's contract take him past forty as well?

tommymac
12-14-2010, 03:54 PM
I hate everything to do with the yankees. Need a real salary cap system to make MLB competitive.

troof, the big market teams say fuck the luxury tax and spend like theres no tomorrow. Which is sad since the smaller market teams keep bringing up good players only to loose them to NY boston or anaheim.

Dave
12-14-2010, 04:04 PM
troof, the big market teams say fuck the luxury tax and spend like theres no tomorrow. Which is sad since the smaller market teams keep bringing up good players only to loose them to NY boston or anaheim.

I couldn't wait to tune to 660wfan this morning to hear the lamentations ;)

tommymac
12-14-2010, 04:13 PM
I couldn't wait to tune to 660wfan this morning to hear the lamentations ;)

that must have been entertaining. One NY writer actuayl said the yankees were better off going after that kid from KC, but it seems that they have to make a big splash in the offseason.

it looks prety lame now how they treated jeter in the media then offered lee a boatload of cash. As much as I hate the yankees jeter is def a class act and didnt deserve that.

Porkchop
12-14-2010, 06:00 PM

Fucking this. I'm so tired of the landscape in baseball. Is just so anti competitive.