PDA

View Full Version : Comm system???

ontwo
12-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Any recommendations? I just want something that the wife and I can use when riding two up.

Archren
12-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Scala. I don't own one personally, but I've heard many good things about it. Tracy (G-Rex) should be able to hook you up with some info.

ontwo
12-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Looking at this...

http://www.newenough.com/parts/closeouts/accessories/cardo_systems/q2_multiset_bluetooth_rider_to_rider_intercom.html

CasterTroy
12-20-2010, 03:48 PM
I had/have the autocom active plus system I used on the RT and LOVED it.

Hook an iPod, GPS and your cell phone into it and you've got all three avalible anytime. PLUS rider to passenger.

I loved that system. You could take a call while riding, or make one. Hear "bitchin Betty's" GPS instructions AND listen to tunes (cancelled the tunes out when you got a call) all while being able to talk to the wife (music cut out when person to person came on too) on a ride

Made riding MUCH more fun for her.

Archren
12-20-2010, 03:48 PM
I believe that's the one Tracy has. I can't speak for him on his experience with it since, but I know he and his friend that rides with him on several of his long distance trips tested it, and they seemed to like it.

ontwo
12-20-2010, 03:49 PM
I had/have the autocom active plus system I used on the RT and LOVED it.

Hook an iPod, GPS and your cell phone into it and you've got all three avalible anytime. PLUS rider to passenger.

I loved that system. You could take a call while riding, or make one. Hear "bitchin Betty's" GPS instructions AND listen to tunes (cancelled the tunes out when you got a call) all while being able to talk to the wife (music cut out when person to person came on too) on a ride

Made riding MUCH more fun for her.

That's why I'm looking for one. Thanks for the info. I'll check it out

lauralynne
12-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Autocom - amazing.

CasterTroy
12-20-2010, 03:53 PM
That's why I'm looking for one. Thanks for the info. I'll check it out

I think mine is missing just the helmet leads (speaker/mic) and I'm not certain how much those are.

The guy that still sells that stuff is out of CO I think. This is the name and contact info I got to buy my spare helmet one.
918-446-2245 Kieth

If you want to call him and see what 2 helmet setups would cost, you're welcome to HAVE what I have.

ontwo
12-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks dude. I'll check it out

Gas Man
12-20-2010, 04:07 PM
What is it that Tig & Trip are running? I think it's something different.

JoshuaTree
12-20-2010, 04:30 PM
I've had an autocom for > 5 years (an ancient Pro-7), and I love it. If I had the $$$, I'd go for the Baehr wired setups. I'm not much of a fan of having to charge batteries, so wired-to-bike setups are my preference. I think Chatterbox has a portable, yet wired-to-the-helmets setup that might be worth a look (Integrar IV?)...

YMMV. :)

lauralynne
12-20-2010, 04:34 PM
our Autocom system is hardwired - no batteries, no charging, just ride and go. We've been using it for >5 as well - the plus side over a lot of the systems that we tried is the range is awesome - it's roughly 5 or so miles of non-mountainous area, 2-3 in mountainous area - just enough for either of us to go ahead and play but still make sure the other is still there (or lead and sweep effectively)

Trip
12-20-2010, 04:49 PM
One word, SENA

advrider.com has a good discount for advriders

I cannot rave enough about this system. Me and Kyle used it to great effect on our trip on the BRP. You can charge via a cigarette plug while you use it. It's loud enough for sane speed use. It's just a great all around system and cheap too.

I use it with Andrea and by myself (mp3 and GPS) all the time too.

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15084&highlight=sena

Turbo Ghost
02-15-2011, 08:18 AM
I've been looking around at the different bluetooth systems and none really were what I was looking for. I finally looked at Collett Communicators. I had a set years ago and they were amazing! The only reason I sold them is I was without a bike for quite a while and needed money. The problem I have with the new bluetooth headsets is with multiple riders. With the scala, if you have 4 riders you have to pair this one to that one and the others to the other and it relays in a certain sequence and blah, blah. The Collett uses 900Mhz radio frequency and you can have an unlimited number of users. There's no pairing to the other units, they're already set from the factory! Yes, the scala set is paired but, only to the two units in a set. They have three channels built in and support stereo bluetooth. The one I've been looking at is the RaceFone2 because it has a detachable microphone instead of the standard boom mic which works better with a modular helmet like I have. They are pricey but, they have a great warranty and it's doubtfull you'll ever use it! Here's a link.
http://www.collett.mb.ca/products.html

derf
02-15-2011, 09:05 AM
I have the integrator iv, and love it, however trips system is better

Mr Lefty
02-15-2011, 09:06 AM
the only thing I don't like about Blue tooth systems is they're proprietary... so I have to have the same brand and model to communicate from what I've been told/read... I ride with random people so it's pointless for me to do that unless I bring it for who ever I wanna ride with....

the FRS ones can be a bit more bulky... but have better range but you're not locked into having the same brand/model...

caveman
02-24-2011, 01:52 AM
Go out to your local Harley dealer and buy an Electraglide Ultra classic. They come with one pre-installed :rockwoot:

Gas Man
02-24-2011, 03:33 AM
Lol. Ftw cave!

Mr Lefty
02-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Go out to your local Harley dealer and buy an Electraglide Ultra classic. They come with one pre-installed :rockwoot:

Lol. Ftw cave!

they also come pre installed with Harley motors, suspension, and styling

FTL

Amber Lamps
02-24-2011, 06:27 PM
they also come pre installed with Harley motors, suspension, and styling

FTL

Brah...brah. ..brah.brah ...brah, brahh, brah :zowned: