PDA

View Full Version : BMW is up to no good...

Gas Man
12-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Do you need a subliminal image to like this bike?

BMW thinks so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR_vDq2iXJ4&feature=player_embedded

What do you think?

smileyman
12-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Was the commercial meant to give me a boner as a side effect?

I also got some weird imprinted visualization of me banging a trophy girl on a stack of contingency money. Any one else get that??

dReWpY
12-25-2010, 04:33 PM
badass

Particle Man
12-25-2010, 08:02 PM

I also got some weird imprinted visualization of me banging a trophy girl on a stack of contingency money. Any one else get that??
Same here. Weird.

:lol:

fnfalman
12-25-2010, 08:41 PM
So, when BMW gets its ass whipped this year in WSBK, are they going to blame it on this flash image commercial?

smileyman
12-25-2010, 08:54 PM
I make no excuses for BMW but it seems Aprilia + Biaggi was no contest for Honda, Suzuki, and Ducati as well.

Amber Lamps
12-25-2010, 10:45 PM

I didn't know you liked Ruben Xaus that much.

Dave
12-25-2010, 10:45 PM
I make no excuses for BMW but it seems Aprilia + Biaggi was no contest for Honda, Suzuki, and Ducati as well.

i think you meant that the other way around

smileyman
12-26-2010, 10:25 AM
i think you meant that the other way around

Yeah I did! That 90 proof Smirnoff really gets the job done. I also left off Yamaha and Kawasaki. Although Rubens finished I think in 13th in the standings behind each brand...

Biaggi was just the right man in the moment on the machine.

ZXHOOLIGAN
12-28-2010, 09:24 AM
I don't need a commercial to make me like my BMW. It's the best bike "out of the box" that I've ever owned....and I've been riding over 45 years. I don't care what it does in WSBK, AMA or whatever....I love it, and that's all that really matters, isn't it?

Dave
12-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah I did! That 90 proof Smirnoff really gets the job done. I also left off Yamaha and Kawasaki. Although Rubens finished I think in 13th in the standings behind each brand...

Biaggi was just the right man in the moment on the machine.

Max's consistancy was much more of a key factor over his speed. Maturity of age and a hungry team with good equipment have finally turned him into the weapon he should have been years ago.

Still irks me that rossi gets all the credit for the m1 when the major changes were obviously based on max and carlos's previous season race data...and that it was considered "unrideable" when max finished the championship second on it. Gonna be fun watching vale suck on the duc.

Hey that rhymes ;)

As for the wunderbike, we'll see how it does with haslam, toseland, and badovini at the helm

smileyman
12-28-2010, 12:35 PM
I have faith in Haslam. Toseland not so much. Badovini? He'll use up some bodywork for sure...

Dave
12-28-2010, 01:27 PM
I have faith in Haslam. Toseland not so much. Badovini? He'll use up some bodywork for sure...

I dunno man, the more I read about what guys have to say about racing crossplanes...I think jt may surprise us this year. Potential dark horse for sure. Or would be anyway if I wasn't convinced the legion of mean green kwakers (five at last count) are gonna be nasty

Did aryton crash at all last year? I know. Nothing of him beyond his ss results

Trip
12-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Aryton pretty much just led all last season in SS. He didn't do very well in his original stint in WSBK.

I am glad Xaus is finally gone. BMW needed some newer blood in SBK.

smileyman
12-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Badovini is very quick, but you know rookies and how hard he'll be trying, specially figuring that bike was the champ last year.
Kawasaki may have a good machine, but I also worry for their riders. Other than Sykes, who's no slouch, the others have been on the injured reserve a long time. Can the rebound and get into the flow quick enough to contend on a basically first year machine??

Dave
12-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Badovini is very quick, but you know rookies and how hard he'll be trying, specially figuring that bike was the champ last year.
Kawasaki may have a good machine, but I also worry for their riders. Other than Sykes, who's no slouch, the others have been on the injured reserve a long time. Can the rebound and get into the flow quick enough to contend on a basically first year machine??

Word is easton is on hand to pinch hit if chris or joan is unfit to ride. Rolfo is on pedercini and pitt may join him

Trip
12-28-2010, 02:58 PM

Aryton is not a rookie, he has already raced in SBK. He didn't do very well and stepped back.

Believe he raced all of 08 and a few races in 09.

jtemple
12-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Technically, I don't think that counts as a subliminal message.

racedoll
12-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Regardless of how BMW does in WSBK, I like the commercial. I think it was really creative.

Gas Man
12-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Technically, I don't think that counts as a subliminal message.
It doesn't...

Gas Man
01-01-2011, 05:34 PM
NOW THEY ARE SPONSORING HOLLIGANISM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1gYW0SGaSI&feature=player_embedded

azoomm
01-01-2011, 05:58 PM
I adore Christian... he is, by far, the best stunter I have ever seen. He's incredible.

Gas Man
01-01-2011, 07:21 PM
But your bias opinion doesn't count. :D

101lifts2
01-02-2011, 02:11 AM
I don't see any BMW sign.