PDA

View Full Version : What will soon be.

NONE_too_SOFT
06-20-2008, 10:33 PM
saving for this set.http://www.calicarsandbikes.com/bmz_cache/3/3bf3af77fa5991c2d57605b50e648498.image.733x550.JPG

got the link from 600rr.net, this site

http://www.calicarsandbikes.com/index.php?main_page=index

good prices for high quality stuff. the plastic is supposed to be comparable to OEM abs plastics.

t-homo
06-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Looks damn nice.

rider76
06-20-2008, 10:43 PM
pretty fuckin sweet man :dthumb:

NONE_too_SOFT
06-20-2008, 10:47 PM
yea, and they have an anti guard rail coating on them. bonus for me.

rider76
06-20-2008, 10:48 PM
That anti guard rail shit is money well spent

pickle.of.doom
06-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Sweet. How much for the set?

NONE_too_SOFT
06-20-2008, 11:03 PM
That anti guard rail shit is money well spent

cause, you know i need that sort of repellent. damn things are everywhere.

Sweet. How much for the set?

six ciddy five.

Thats like maybe 3 paychecks away, with my limited disposable income. plus i still need to buy some parts to get the bikes skin back on.

Dave
06-20-2008, 11:27 PM
shits sexy dude! to be honest i was gonna do the same if my fairings had scratched in my lowside. pics or ban!

NONE_too_SOFT
06-20-2008, 11:33 PM
little soon for pics, gotta buy em first.

Dave
06-20-2008, 11:41 PM
i know, just getting it in early

ceo012384
06-21-2008, 12:16 AM
You can get those on ebay for more like 500. Same shit... it's all from china / hong kong.

I've seen some though and the quality is actually decent.

I was considering those but I found a guy who REALLY hooked me up with some oem parts.

Dave
06-21-2008, 01:04 AM
hmm i was thinking those look a bunch like moriwaki skins, doubt you'd want that nifty twin can system they make though

NONE_too_SOFT
06-21-2008, 10:43 AM
You can get those on ebay for more like 500. Same shit... it's all from china / hong kong.

I've seen some though and the quality is actually decent.

I was considering those but I found a guy who REALLY hooked me up with some oem parts.

no, they are manufactured and painted out in california. much higher quality than the ebay stuff.

DLIT
06-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Seen a set on a bike in person before. They look excellent and the quality is the same.

itgirl
06-21-2008, 04:34 PM
very nice!!

NONE_too_SOFT
06-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Seen a set on a bike in person before. They look excellent and the quality is the same.

good to hear. From testimonials i've read i wouldnt expect less.

The goal is to setup my current plastics (which will soon include a new front piece) for the track, and then pic these up late summer.

I may just rattle can what i have now (the OEMs i plan on using on the track) until i get the replacments, dont think it'd be worth trying to paint anything until winter/spring 2009.

DLIT
06-21-2008, 07:40 PM
That's an okay idea to use your old stuff for the track, but whenever you can afford it, get some track 'glass. You can get some for the same price as what your upper costs new from the dealer, you know? No Honda forums hvae people sellng track plastics?

NONE_too_SOFT
06-21-2008, 08:47 PM
That's an okay idea to use your old stuff for the track, but whenever you can afford it, get some track 'glass. You can get some for the same price as what your upper costs new from the dealer, you know? No Honda forums hvae people sellng track plastics?

im only talking about the rest of this season. cant imagine getting more than one or two TD's in before it gets cold and i've got school. If i bought Track skins this year that number would shoot down to 0-1. whats the point, ya know? i'll have an extra set of rashed street skins, might as well put em to use.

R1up0n1
06-21-2008, 09:32 PM
I hope the quality is as good as they say. I bought that shit off ebay last year for my 03 R1...the quality was not that great compared to OEM. Also I had to punch out / drill my own holes for everything to line up right.
2nd thing is the auction said it was coming and made in Cali...but it took almost 2 months for the parts to arrive and when it did come in...I saw the shipping label was all hong kong chinese shit.

Ok so I open up the box and the only parts that were right for my bike was the front nose cone, and the front fender... the rest of the parts lowers/side fairings and tail section were all for a 99-02 R6.. WTF! So the guy wouldn't respond to any of my emails...so I had to file a dispute with Paypal. After a month of investigation Paypal gave me all $500 or $600 back and I got to keep the parts...so it worked out in the end. I then took the refunded money and bought Catalyst Composites Street Bodywork for the R1.

Then a month later I looped it and trashed it all... ahh fuck it... I broke even on that bike. :lol:

Anyway theres just a run down on that bodywork. It looks decient, but its a real PITA to mount on the bike.

NONE_too_SOFT
06-21-2008, 10:23 PM
again, its not hack/ebay/asian/auction stuff.

The mounting on them is as close to OEM as it gets from what i've read through the FAQs and testimonials. when dealing with any aftermarket body work you're going to run into mounting problems though.

follow the link in my first post, check out their site. everything i've been able to find about them is legit so far, i just hope i can get the price they're asking when i have the cash.

ceo012384
06-22-2008, 01:32 AM
no, they are manufactured and painted out in california. much higher quality than the ebay stuff.
Oh, sweet. :dthumb:
The goal is to setup my current plastics (which will soon include a new front piece) for the track, and then pic these up late summer.
im only talking about the rest of this season. cant imagine getting more than one or two TD's in before it gets cold and i've got school. If i bought Track skins this year that number would shoot down to 0-1. whats the point, ya know? i'll have an extra set of rashed street skins, might as well put em to use.
Bad move... sell the all the stock plastics and use the money towards track plastics... it will be a couple hours to fit them up and you can just wait to paint them until the winter. You won't miss any track days.

Oem plastics have tons of little fiddly bits and pieces and components, not to mention the headlights and such which are fuckin' expensive.

So even if you don't care about the oem rashed plastics, you'll crash at the track and fuck up all your lights and shit, which you do care about.

Get the track plastics, and start saving for aftermarket rearsets with solid pegs, and some case covers.

And yes.... do as I say, not as I do. I rolled the dice and got unfortunate, which I'm still pissed about. But I'm doing it right this time around.