PDA

View Full Version : Bowl games

tommymac
01-02-2011, 08:00 AM
is it me or do they seem prety lame this year. been a lot of blowouts it seems. The rose bowl was a good game to watch. def gives tcu some credibility hanging on and beating an established team.

tached1000rr
01-02-2011, 10:46 AM
The UNC vs Tennessee game was good also...

tommymac
01-02-2011, 12:20 PM
The UNC vs Tennessee game was good also...

saw the highlights of that, that was a crazy ending.

tached1000rr
01-02-2011, 12:51 PM
So who's your pick between Auburn and Oregon?

tommymac
01-02-2011, 01:11 PM
So who's your pick between Auburn and Oregon?

I would prefer to see oregon win it but I think auburn will win it.

tached1000rr
01-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Michigan and Michigan State got whupped!

TCU vs Wisconsin was able to keep my attention

Now that I think of it, the Big 10 has not fared so well in bowl games this year with the exception of my alma mater Illinois:lol

Porkchop
01-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Big ten has sucked so far. Does not bode well for my buckeyes. Gotta hand it to tcu... They showed up...

z06boy
01-03-2011, 10:38 AM
The ending of the UT/UNC sucked for some but others liked it. :lol: I live in NC but am a UT fan. :idk:

The SEC lost all 3 of their first 3 games but made a comeback Saturday winning 3 out of 3.

The Big 10...sucked big time on Saturday losing all 5 games !!

The Rose Bowl was awesome I thought...I want some type of a playoff so I want the BCS busted and TCU came thru !! :rockwoot:

Auburn and Oregon 'should' be an awesome game...I do think Auburn will win it BUT they should have to play TCU for it all but as we know...that can't happen.

I wonder if VT can hang with Stanford tonight...I hope so.

tallywacker
01-03-2011, 12:41 PM
IMO all bowl games suck because they only prove which teams get the best ratings. Popularity contest instead of a sports matchup

Porkchop
01-03-2011, 12:41 PM
The ending of the UT/UNC sucked for some but others liked it. :lol: I live in NC but am a UT fan. :idk:

The SEC lost all 3 of their first 3 games but made a comeback Saturday winning 3 out of 3.

The Big 10...sucked big time on Saturday losing all 5 games !!

The Rose Bowl was awesome I thought...I want some type of a playoff so I want the BCS busted and TCU came thru !! :rockwoot:

Auburn and Oregon 'should' be an awesome game...I do think Auburn will win it BUT they should have to play TCU for it all but as we know...that can't happen.

I wonder if VT can hang with Stanford tonight...I hope so.

I think Auburn will roll. Everybody is underestimating that SEC defense with the task of stopping the oregon offense. It is a better defense than they saw all year long in the pac ten. Just think back to last year. Oregon is the same exact team just with a change in qb name. An ohio state team that was exactly the same as this year stopped them flat on their face, and auburn is a BETTER team all around than that osu team. I think auburn stuffs the run game early and forces some passing turnovers. Cam throws for a couple tds. Oregon didn't scare me last year sand they don't scare me this year, they should have lost to a floundering Cal.

Stanford should run the ball down VTs throat. They should win easily.

I think the osu/ak game should be interesting. I think the sec curse continues and the ex-Michigan man Mallet will lead a last minute td drive against my buckeyes... ala texas in 2008.

z06boy
01-03-2011, 03:24 PM
IMO all bowl games suck because they only prove which teams get the best ratings. Popularity contest instead of a sports matchup

:lol: Ok. They are definitely not as good as a true playoff but many of them are still fun to watch imho.

I think Auburn will roll. Everybody is underestimating that SEC defense with the task of stopping the oregon offense. It is a better defense than they saw all year long in the pac ten. Just think back to last year. Oregon is the same exact team just with a change in qb name. An ohio state team that was exactly the same as this year stopped them flat on their face, and auburn is a BETTER team all around than that osu team. I think auburn stuffs the run game early and forces some passing turnovers. Cam throws for a couple tds. Oregon didn't scare me last year sand they don't scare me this year, they should have lost to a floundering Cal.

Stanford should run the ball down VTs throat. They should win easily.

I think the osu/ak game should be interesting. I think the sec curse continues and the ex-Michigan man Mallet will lead a last minute td drive against my buckeyes... ala texas in 2008.

I think Oregon is better than last year BUT yes I do expect Auburn to win.

VT's won 11 in a row and are a solid team but Stanford is a beast this year so it should be interesting. I'll even go as far as to say Stanford won't win 'easily'. Old Frank Beamer and his staff usually have a few tricks up their sleeve especially when it comes to special teams so they may even pull it out in the end.

OSU should have suspended those players for the bowl game. It is pretty much BS to wait until next season aginst 4 cupcakes and maybe 1 decent team but whatever I guess.

I guess Tressel is trying his damnest to beat an SEC team. :lol: :stirpot:

tallywacker
01-03-2011, 03:43 PM
BTW I think Auburn is going to have an easy win. I still watch them, but the whole system pisses me off.

Rider
01-03-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that fact that UW took Nebraska to the wood shed. Good win for FSU to beat SC. There have been lots of good games along with the major blowouts.

As far as Oregon and Augburn.... I think Oregon will win. I just can't see Auburns offense keeping pace with Oregons. It will definitly be a shootout though.

tallywacker
01-03-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that fact that UW took Nebraska to the wood shed. Good win for FSU to beat SC. There have been lots of good games along with the major blowouts.

As far as Oregon and Augburn.... I think Oregon will win. I just can't see Auburns offense keeping pace with Oregons. It will definitly be a shootout though.

Oregon doesn't play anyone good. Its so far skewed. I seriously doubt they would have made it through a playoff system. I guess we'll find out.

Rider
01-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Oregon doesn't play anyone good. Its so far skewed. I seriously doubt they would have made it through a playoff system. I guess we'll find out.

Oh yeah and TCU didnt play anybody either and look how that turned out. :wtfru:

z06boy
01-03-2011, 04:26 PM

Oh yeah...no kidding...Washington spanking Nebraska did surprise me and especially with it being so one sided.

BTW I think Auburn is going to have an easy win. I still watch them, but the whole system pisses me off.

Yeah I definitely know what you mean about the system.

tallywacker
01-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Oh yeah and TCU didnt play anybody either and look how that turned out. :wtfru:

Wisconsin is not a team like Auburn and the Big Ten all across the board looked like garbage this year so winning to everyone in it but Michigan State didn't prove very much. This is a completely different match up.

I fully expected TCU to beat Wisconsin.

tommymac
01-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Wisconsin is not a team like Auburn and the Big Ten all across the board looked like garbage this year so winning to everyone in it but Michigan State didn't prove very much. This is a completely different match up.

I fully expected TCU to beat Wisconsin.

I wasnt sold on tcu this year but they played their asses off in that game and I was glad i could see it even though I was kinda pulling for wisconsin. Guess we will se how the mighty OSU fares now.

tallywacker
01-03-2011, 06:07 PM
I wasnt sold on tcu this year but they played their asses off in that game and I was glad i could see it even though I was kinda pulling for wisconsin. Guess we will se how the mighty OSU fares now.

OSU isn't that hot either. They almost lost to PSU this year and we suck right now.

tommymac
01-03-2011, 06:34 PM
OSU isn't that hot either. They almost lost to PSU this year and we suck right now.

I do want to see osu get their asses handed to them, hope Ark can pull it off. Mallet needs a big game after choking in the alabamba game.

tached1000rr
01-03-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm hoping VT beats Stanford tonight...

tallywacker
01-03-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm hoping VT beats Stanford tonight...

I'm not seeing a big east team doing anything. They lost to James Madison LOL

tached1000rr
01-03-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm not seeing a big east team doing anything. They lost to James Madison LOL

They are in the ACC now, true they lost to James Madison at the beginning of the season but that loss may have been the best thing to happen to them

tallywacker
01-03-2011, 06:46 PM
They are in the ACC now, true they lost to James Madison at the beginning of the season but that loss may have been the best thing to happen to them

Now I feel stupid, I don't know how I've always assumed VT was big east...

tommymac
01-03-2011, 06:46 PM

always better to loose early in the season than later.

Porkchop
01-03-2011, 07:10 PM
I do want to see osu get their asses handed to them, hope Ark can pull it off. Mallet needs a big game after choking in the alabamba game.

Hey now. redflip

tached1000rr
01-03-2011, 08:24 PM
always better to loose early in the season than later.

they used to be in the Big East...

tallywacker
01-03-2011, 09:15 PM
they used to be in the Big East...

When did they switch then?

LOL at that safety

tached1000rr
01-03-2011, 09:38 PM
When did they switch then?

LOL at that safety

about 4 years ago I think...

tallywacker
01-03-2011, 10:09 PM
about 4 years ago I think...

No wonder, I was in Iraq at the time so never heard it.

tached1000rr
01-03-2011, 10:46 PM
No wonder, I was in Iraq at the time so never heard it.

pretty good game so far

tallywacker
01-03-2011, 10:47 PM
pretty good game so far

Yep they are matching up pretty well, and Stanford has made some bonehead moves.

tallywacker
01-03-2011, 11:08 PM
I think the floodgates are about to open against VT

tallywacker
01-04-2011, 12:32 AM
Yep VT got their ass kicked. The were just lucky Stanford was playing sloppy in the first half.

z06boy
01-04-2011, 09:02 AM
I think the floodgates are about to open against VT

You got that right...Stanford opened up a can on VT in the 2nd half...ouch !!

Rider
01-04-2011, 12:23 PM
You got that right...Stanford opened up a can on VT in the 2nd half...ouch !!

Oh yeah but remember the Pac 10 is weak and they don't play anybody. :lol

tallywacker
01-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Oh yeah but remember the Pac 10 is weak and they don't play anybody. :lol

Just watch the Auburn VS Oregon game for that point to be proven. Pac-10 is weak.

Rider
01-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Just watch the Auburn VS Oregon game for that point to be proven. Pac-10 is weak.

UW(3rd place Pac 10) beat up on Nebraska(Big 12 runner up). So are you saying the Big 12 is even weaker?

tallywacker
01-04-2011, 12:39 PM
UW(3rd place Pac 10) beat up on Nebraska(Big 12 runner up). So are you saying the Big 12 is even weaker?

Dude i'm not going to go down a rabbit hole on this but Nebraska lost 4 games this season not very impressive.

Stanford beating VT an ACC team isn't really that impressive.

SEC no matter how much you hate it has been setting the bar in football for a long time now. Big-12 had a down year this year because teams had to make changes because of losing key senior players, remember Colt McCoy?. Big-10 had a joke season across the boards because of a-lot of teams rebuilding and Penn State had a rookie QB major injuries at the beginning of the season. It's alittle more complicated that WU beat Nebraska so the pac-10 is amazing.

Trip
01-04-2011, 01:47 PM
UW also got the ever living shit beat out of them in the regular season by Nebraska. Nebraska got a shitty bowl and didn't give a shit about playing in it. This happens a lot. Shitty bowl games with good teams are the worst to watch because the players are usually pissed about not going to a decent bowl and the people going pro don't play up to par because why risk injury in a shitty bowl before the big paycheck.

tached1000rr
01-04-2011, 01:50 PM
SEC is the best football conference in my opinion...

Rider
01-04-2011, 02:53 PM

3-3(so far) in this years bowl season is not exactly dominating.

Oh and agreed the Big 10 is very weak this year.

z06boy
01-04-2011, 04:31 PM
This year...

SEC West...STRONG

SEC East...Not so much

If Auburn can pull through...SEC wins yet again and they sure have been dominant as far as winning the BCS Championship.

tallywacker
01-04-2011, 04:42 PM
This year...

SEC West...STRONG

SEC East...Not so much

If Auburn can pull through...SEC wins yet again and they sure have been dominant as far as winning the BCS Championship.

Exactly

AquaPython
01-04-2011, 05:15 PM
bowl games

every time i see this thread i keep thinking :

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt203/rov_01/funny%20gif/kclavados.gif

Porkchop
01-05-2011, 02:47 AM

HELL of a fucking game. Jeez oh man. First half dominance, followed by Arkansas dominance in the second. When we couldn't get that last first down after the timeout and had to punt, my immediate thought went to what I said earlier in the thread about mallet making a last minute drive. Then the blocked punt... We were absolutely crushed. When that pick landed, I think you could feel all of columbus shake and then take a deep breath.

What a cooky game though. The fumble touchdown. The helicopter tackle. The non safety safety? Buckeyes dropping like flies to injury. The blocked punt.

Oh and... fuck all y'all sec haters.redflip:lol:

dReWpY
01-05-2011, 03:57 AM
Go buckeyes

Rider
01-05-2011, 08:28 AM
This year...

SEC West...STRONG

SEC East...Not so much

SEC West didnt look very strong against a weak big 10 team. :lol

Mudpuppy
01-05-2011, 08:46 AM
what is the fuckeyes record against SEC? oh yeah 1-9.. IMPRESSIVE - NOT..

And what was Pryor's answer to not going pro next year? Sounded like fuck you ohio state to me.. Maybe he can back up Tebow at Denver to become a better person..

tommymac
01-05-2011, 08:51 AM

And what was Pryor's answer to not going pro next year? Sounded like fuck you ohio state to me.. Maybe he can back up Tebow at Denver to become a better person..

Pryor realy screwed himself withthis suspension. Hes def not ready for the NFL and withthe other QB's comming out he prolly wouldnt be drafted. Now his draft status will be hurt because of the suspension and for missing 5 games as a senior.

A lot of analysts or just OSU fans realy have a hard on for him but I am not convinced he will be succesful playing on sundays.

Trip
01-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Arkansas should of won that game easy, the drops were just awful.

z06boy
01-05-2011, 09:17 AM
SEC West didnt look very strong against a weak big 10 team. :lol

For the season as a whole the West was strong but the East was weak.

Arkansas was not the top team in the West...they lost to two teams in the West...Auburn beat them by 22. :lol:

Arkansas should of won that game easy, the drops were just awful. They definitely could have won this game and yes there were a lot of drops.

what is the fuckeyes record against SEC? oh yeah 1-9.. IMPRESSIVE - NOT.

Hey Rider...:rofl:

Trip
01-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Bama should of went over Arkansas. Damn LSU losing to them, but then LSU would of went over Bama. Bama would of skull fucked tOSU. LSU would of had a tougher go of it, but they love playing in the Sugar, it's a home game.

z06boy
01-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Bama should of went over Arkansas. Damn LSU losing to them, but then LSU would of went over Bama. Bama would of skull fucked tOSU. LSU would of had a tougher go of it, but they love playing in the Sugar, it's a home game.

Yep and Arkansas would have beaten Michigan State as well.

Rider
01-05-2011, 09:41 AM
For the season as a whole the West was strong but the East was weak.

Arkansas was not the top team in the West...they lost to two teams in the West...Auburn beat them by 22. :lol:

They definitely could have won this game and yes there were a lot of drops.

Hey Rider...:rofl:

Hey remember I''m not a big 10 fan and I'm not originally from MI... I really hate the Buckeyes though.

z06boy
01-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Hey remember I''m not a big 10 fan and I'm not originally from MI... I really hate the Buckeyes though.

Gotcha. :cheers:

It just gets me how when that group of starters of OSU fvcked up recently and got into trouble...Coach Tressel decides to let them play in the bowl game and decides to suspend them for the first 5 games NEXT season...WTF ?!?!? :lol: 4 of those teams are cupcakes and what if these players decide not to return at all ? What a joke...Tressel just wanted to beat an SEC team and to him that was more important.

Trip
01-05-2011, 09:55 AM
4 of those 5 players contributed a ton to winning that game too. 3 of the offensive players scored points and the sole defensive player caught the game winning touchdown.

z06boy
01-05-2011, 10:01 AM
4 of those 5 players contributed a ton to winning that game too. 3 of the offensive players scored points and the sole defensive player caught the game winning touchdown.

Well at least they won't be able to play against Akron and Toledo next year. :lol:

tommymac
01-05-2011, 10:11 AM

It just gets me how when that group of starters of OSU fvcked up recently and got into trouble...Coach Tressel decides to let them play in the bowl game and decides to suspend them for the first 5 games NEXT season...WTF ?!?!? :lol: 4 of those teams are cupcakes and what if these players decide not to return at all ? What a joke...Tressel just wanted to beat an SEC team and to him that was more important.

I think a stipulation fot hem playing is that they agreed to come back next season vs going to the NFL.

Trip
01-05-2011, 10:13 AM
I think a stipulation fot hem playing is that they agreed to come back next season vs going to the NFL.

Whats stopping them from now saying, "ha ha, we lied, see you fucks." That stupid paper they signed, bullshit, it's meaningless.

tommymac
01-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Whats stopping them from now saying, "ha ha, we lied, see you fucks." That stupid paper they signed, bullshit, it's meaningless.

true, but it could hurt their status if they try to go to the NFL. You know how they over analyze everything and the character thing sometimes pops up. I dont know anything about the other 4 players or if theyre even nfl prospects.

Trip
01-05-2011, 10:45 AM
true, but it could hurt their status if they try to go to the NFL. You know how they over analyze everything and the character thing sometimes pops up. I dont know anything about the other 4 players or if theyre even nfl prospects.

Heck, they just finally beat an SEC team, nows the time to go. They might get the ever living shit kicked out of them by a top tier SEC team next year.

tommymac
01-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Heck, they just finally beat an SEC team, nows the time to go. They might get the ever living shit kicked out of them by a top tier SEC team next year.

Or Akron :lol:

Porkchop
01-05-2011, 11:36 AM

Someone is a bit bitter I see.

Pryor realy screwed himself withthis suspension. Hes def not ready for the NFL and withthe other QB's comming out he prolly wouldnt be drafted. Now his draft status will be hurt because of the suspension and for missing 5 games as a senior.

A lot of analysts or just OSU fans realy have a hard on for him but I am not convinced he will be succesful playing on sundays.

Fuck no man. Everyone in columbus knows that he is a functioning retard. I'll give him that he has god given athletic ability in fucking boatloads. But as far as the mental ability or composure to be an nfl quarterback, no. I think he will be turned into a wide receiver ala antwon randal el. Did you see some of the rushed throws lsat night? Pathetic and scary.

I want Braxton Miller to start and just tear up.

Porkchop
01-05-2011, 11:48 AM

The university doesn't hand ot the suspension btw. Tressel had nothing to do with it. The ncaa hands out suspensions, and could have suspended them for the bowl game but didn't. The infractions were not in this current season, so technically they werent inelligable for the bowl.

What stops them from leaving? Nothing. But you look like a giant shithead when you go back against tress. 4 out of 5 players apologized on national tv or radio after the game. Once you win the game who cares, but they all seemed genuine.

Mudpuppy
01-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Yep and Arkansas would have beaten Michigan State as well.

But good... MSU blows..

Mudpuppy
01-06-2011, 08:35 AM

i hope not - he is a piece of shit.. him and teblow can go to hell and die..

Mudpuppy
01-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Someone is a bit bitter I see.

Fuck no man. Everyone in columbus knows that he is a functioning retard. I'll give him that he has god given athletic ability in fucking boatloads. But as far as the mental ability or composure to be an nfl quarterback, no. I think he will be turned into a wide receiver ala antwon randal el. Did you see some of the rushed throws lsat night? Pathetic and scary.

I want Braxton Miller to start and just tear up.

Not bitter at all. Out of the 12 Big 10 teams I can go to any University and watch a game and have some good natured fun with the fans being a Michigan fan - even Michigan State - except of Columbus - home of the poor sports. Down with the fuckeyes and their lack of class, honor, tradition or anything remotely resembling a quality organization. Bitter no. Hatred yes. And I look forward to the near future when the Wolverines get their shit together and smash the fuckeyes to pieces once again, like they deserve - take it and fucking like it bitches.

z06boy
01-06-2011, 10:15 AM
The university doesn't hand ot the suspension btw. Tressel had nothing to do with it. The ncaa hands out suspensions, and could have suspended them for the bowl game but didn't. The infractions were not in this current season, so technically they werent inelligable for the bowl.

What stops them from leaving? Nothing. But you look like a giant shithead when you go back against tress. 4 out of 5 players apologized on national tv or radio after the game. Once you win the game who cares, but they all seemed genuine.

Ok then I stand corrected on who handed out the suspension...I have read that it was the NCAA BUT it's still BS that they didn't sit out for the bowl game...it was all about $$$$...the NCAA didn't want to lose knowing that if these 5 guys... with most of them being starters sitting out less people would be interested in watching the game.

Once they were caught...why skip a game that you know they are all going to play in and suspend them for 5 games in an entirely different season when there is a chance that they won't even be there ? Yep...that's BS.

Porkchop
01-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Not bitter at all. Out of the 12 Big 10 teams I can go to any University and watch a game and have some good natured fun with the fans being a Michigan fan - even Michigan State - except of Columbus - home of the poor sports. Down with the fuckeyes and their lack of class, honor, tradition or anything remotely resembling a quality organization. Bitter no. Hatred yes. And I look forward to the near future when the Wolverines get their shit together and smash the fuckeyes to pieces once again, like they deserve - take it and fucking like it bitches.

Dude, you sound like a fucking 4 year old. Waahhhh those bad people in columbus made fun of me!!!! Come the fuck on. We are rivals. I've been to the Big house for 3 games. Dont even try to tell me that I wasnt cussed out, flicked off, yelled at in the stands.

You want to talk about rude fans though.... Wisconsin. Goddamn, I've had shit THROWN at me in Madison. :lol:

I hope to god your team gets their shit together. Its a joke. The quality of athlete is terrible (thanks to rich rod's system, i get that). The games are a complete bore. I went to every game from 03-08. I wont even waste the money to go to them until UM shows some promise. I'd rather go see Wisconsin, Iowa, or MSU, or a non conference Miami/USC/Colorado... or the new Nebraska game. Could be interesting with a new coach, but I still think you are a few years off.

No tradition? :lol

Quality organization? Honor? Really..... http://www.usnews.com/blogs/paper-trail/2009/10/27/ncaa-begins-official-investigation-of-the-university-of-michigan.html

Trip
01-06-2011, 10:31 AM
You guys don't know bad fans. The SEC is famous for our bad fans, especially Flawaduh.

Porkchop
01-06-2011, 10:36 AM
You have no idea the shit we took after the NCG in 2006. Admitedly we went in cocky as fuck. But the backlash from Florida fans online was something I've NEVER seen before. I am still embarrased about that game.

z06boy
01-06-2011, 10:51 AM
I've never understood "bad fans"...I love sports...especially football but it's still JUST a GD football game. I don't like when my team loses BUT there is no reason to treat the fans of the other team like crap. Sure some good natured taunting/ribbing is to be expected...talking $hit and such... but to actually try to hurt them or pour stuff on them...throw stuff at them...give me a freakin' break...that is totally uncalled for. :wtfru:

Rider
01-06-2011, 12:16 PM
You guys don't know bad fans. The SEC is famous for our bad fans, especially Flawaduh.

OSU is THE worst by far. If you are wearing blue and maze in Columbus, be prepared to be physically assaulted. No joke.

Trip
01-06-2011, 12:24 PM
OSU is THE worst by far. If you are wearing blue and maze in Columbus, be prepared to be physically assaulted. No joke.

No one believes that. Sissy Big 10 schools don't know rivalries. And it's tOSU. OSU is Oregan State.

Rider
01-06-2011, 01:13 PM
No one believes that. Sissy Big 10 schools don't know rivalries. And it's tOSU. OSU is Oregan State.

Ok whatever. :lol

Mudpuppy
01-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Ok whatever. :lol

yep i agree - whatever.. Rider is speaking the truth.. Buckeye fans ARE THE WORST and I have been down to your precious SEC land where the world revolves around college football.. And I still haven't seen worst fans than the Buckeye bunch..

Trip
01-06-2011, 02:34 PM
yep i agree - whatever.. Rider is speaking the truth.. Buckeye fans ARE THE WORST and I have been down to your precious SEC land where the world revolves around college football.. And I still haven't seen worst fans than the Buckeye bunch..

What stadium. You won't see it at vandy or any Mississippi team.

ontwo
01-06-2011, 02:36 PM
What stadium. You won't see it at vandy or any Mississippi team.

Yeah, you gotta go to Knoxville :lol:

Trip
01-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Yeah, you gotta go to Knoxville :lol:

They are pretty tame up here for the most part, but I have never worn Bama gear around them. They don't mind LSU so much.

The buckeye fans were scared shitless of the Florida fans at the champ game a few years back. They really didn't know what to do with those drunk ass cajuns in their own habitat in New Orleans. I didn't hear of any incidents with the buckeyes doing anything to anyone. I did hear of Florida fans getting in trouble though. There really is no beating Florida as worst fanbase. They don't discriminate like most teams where they reserve it for their rivals (IE: Michigan vs tOSU), they are down right shitty to everyone.

Hydrant
01-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Go Redskins !!!!!!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/Hydrant/2061187.jpg

or Redhawks if you want to be PC

Mudpuppy
01-07-2011, 11:28 AM
They are pretty tame up here for the most part, but I have never worn Bama gear around them. They don't mind LSU so much.

The buckeye fans were scared shitless of the Florida fans at the champ game a few years back. They really didn't know what to do with those drunk ass cajuns in their own habitat in New Orleans. I didn't hear of any incidents with the buckeyes doing anything to anyone. I did hear of Florida fans getting in trouble though. There really is no beating Florida as worst fanbase. They don't discriminate like most teams where they reserve it for their rivals (IE: Michigan vs tOSU), they are down right shitty to everyone.

I have been to Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia to answer your previous question..

I didn't even consider Florida and I made a huge error in my oversight.. I will give you that one.. Florida fans are definitely worse than OSU - note NO FUCKING "t" before OSU because everyone fucking knows it's "THE" ohio state fuckeyes.. that shit is so fucking annoying.. adding the before it doesn't give it more prestige or something..

dReWpY
01-07-2011, 06:26 PM
UF fans are rabid

/thread

Porkchop
01-07-2011, 09:20 PM
I have been to Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia to answer your previous question..

I didn't even consider Florida and I made a huge error in my oversight.. I will give you that one.. Florida fans are definitely worse than OSU - note NO FUCKING "t" before OSU because everyone fucking knows it's "THE" ohio state fuckeyes.. that shit is so fucking annoying.. adding the before it doesn't give it more prestige or something..

^ I love it. I wish I had that much hatred for Michigan. Too bad I attended in a time of winning. :lol:

I can almost say I hate USC and Florida more....

Trip
01-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Well we took care of business tonight, defense was a little weak at first. Jefferson is still a bitch.

tommymac
01-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Well we took care of business tonight, defense was a little weak at first. Jefferson is still a bitch.

Miles going to go to michigan this time?

Trip
01-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Miles going to go to michigan this time?

I don't want to think about the supreme joy that would bring me. Miles accomplishes a lot with our talent. Getting a decent coach again would be awesome.

Although there is never a boring game with Miles as Coach.

Mudpuppy
01-10-2011, 08:44 AM
^ I love it. I wish I had that much hatred for Michigan. Too bad I attended in a time of winning. :lol:

I can almost say I hate USC and Florida more....

don't worry when we get our shit together there will be plenty of time to hate the new world order destiny of the nation's number 1 team known as the Michigan Wolverines.. we are "rebuilding" :lol:

Trip
01-10-2011, 11:01 AM
don't worry when we get our shit together there will be plenty of time to hate the new world order destiny of the nation's number 1 team known as the Michigan Wolverines.. we are "rebuilding" :lol:

For the love of God, take Les Miles from us.

z06boy
01-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Ok the big one is tonight...who you taking ?

I say Auburn...two badazz quick strike high scoring offensive minded machines.

tached1000rr
01-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Ok the big one is tonight...who you taking ?

I say Auburn...two badazz quick strike high scoring offensive minded machines.

I'm rolling with Auburn....

Rider
01-10-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm taking Oregon..... I really hate the SEC.

defector
01-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Gonna take the Ducks on this one.
What's the spread?

ontwo
01-10-2011, 08:41 PM
As difficult as it is for me, I'm pullin for Auburn. Can't stand to see a non-sec team win the title

EpyonXero
01-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Oregons cheerleaders are so much hotter than Auburns. Go Oregon, I hate the SEC.

ontwo
01-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Oregons cheerleaders are so much hotter than Auburns. Go Oregon, I hate the SEC.

No kiddin about the cheerleaders

Porkchop
01-10-2011, 09:21 PM
All we heard for a freakin month was how vaunted and high powered these two offenses are. And the score was gonna be 48-42, and how were these defenses ever going to stop them?

First 6 possessions??? Punt, Punt, Pick, Pick, Pick, Punt..... :lol

tached1000rr
01-10-2011, 09:34 PM
As difficult as it is for me, I'm pullin for Auburn. Can't stand to see a non-sec team win the title

To me that's the way it should be, in my opinion if you went to or played for a SEC team and your team is no longer in the running, then I think you should be wanting the other teams in your conference to "represent" makes the conference look better to say the national champ came from us and certainly helps in terms of strength of schedule/conf etc... Just me, I know many feel differently

Trip
01-10-2011, 09:51 PM
To me that's the way it should be, in my opinion if you went to or played for a SEC team and your team is no longer in the running, then I think you should be wanting the other teams in your conference to "represent" makes the conference look better to say the national champ came from us and certainly helps in terms of strength of schedule/conf etc... Just me, I know many feel differently

That's only done by pussified SEC teams. I won't and will never root for Ole Piss, Florida, or Auburn. Fuck em. Alabama is almost to that level, but they have Saban and he brought LSU a championship.

ontwo
01-10-2011, 09:57 PM
That's only done by pussified SEC teams. I won't and will never root for Ole Piss, Florida, or Auburn. Fuck em. Alabama is almost to that level, but they have Saban and he brought LSU a championship.

:lol I'm mellowing in my old age
He'll, I don't even hate the vols as much now that fat Fulmer is gone

Trip
01-10-2011, 10:15 PM
:lol I'm mellowing in my old age
He'll, I don't even hate the vols as much now that fat Fulmer is gone

Well he did turn ya'll ass in, his fat ass deserves hate

Trip
01-10-2011, 10:43 PM
I hate the announcers. Dude just said "Again, Auburn will settle for a field goal."

Uh, last time I looked, this is going to be Auburn's first field goal attempt.

ontwo
01-10-2011, 10:46 PM
It Musberger. He's borderline retarded

Trip
01-10-2011, 10:54 PM
It Musberger. He's borderline retarded

Then you got Kirk "still thinks the Big 10 is actually relevant" Herbstreit.

ontwo
01-10-2011, 10:58 PM
After new years day
... I think he knows

ontwo
01-10-2011, 11:00 PM
On another subject. Les Miles to interview at Michigan. I hope that idiot stays in the sec. He's easy to hate :lol:

Trip
01-10-2011, 11:08 PM
On another subject. Les Miles to interview at Michigan. I hope that idiot stays in the sec. He's easy to hate :lol:

I hope they take his ass. He relies on our talent to win ball games. You don't want us to get a coach that can actually coach with our talent.

Although, I will say every LSU game is exciting with him.

Porkchop
01-10-2011, 11:08 PM

Hell no. I was rooting the Horned Frogs on the whole way. Fuck Wisconsin.

ontwo
01-10-2011, 11:13 PM
I hope they take his ass. He relies on our talent to win ball games. You don't want us to get a coach that can actually coach with our talent.

Although, I will say every LSU game is exciting with him.
Exactly :lol:

tached1000rr
01-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Hell no. I was rooting the Horned Frogs on the whole way. Fuck Wisconsin.

:lol

Trip
01-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Something is going on with this turf. Auburn players are falling left and right.

Porkchop
01-10-2011, 11:49 PM
This game is boring as hell. It actually reminds me of OSU/UF in 2006.... great defense dominates overpowering offense.

Trip
01-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Fuck Auburn

tached1000rr
01-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Couple of other things when a team from a given conference goes to a BCS bowl, all teams from that conference receive money.

Players from rival schools don't feel the same way as fans do(I'm generalizing not saying in all cases it's true) But in the off season many workout, train or hangout together at schools close in proximity. Fans takes rivalries to a whole other level.

Porkchop
01-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Something is going on with this turf. Auburn players are falling left and right.

There were players slipping from the kickoff....

tached1000rr
01-11-2011, 08:34 AM
All in all a good game just as a championship game should be a close contest to keep my interest right down to the end. Oregon certainly could be knocking on that door again next year. Another National Championship for the SEC, hmmn.

Mudpuppy
01-11-2011, 09:02 AM
i knew the ducks would fail just didn't figure it to be that close.. still think it would be better if they did playoff brackets and let the true best team win.. wouldn't be that hard and it's the way every other sport operates..

z06boy
01-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Now let's decide the real champion...

TCU v.s. Auburn...the way it SHOULD be !! :rockwoot: :lol

It was a decent game but obviously not the game that most expected.

I did pull for Auburn since they are in the SEC...just can't help it. :idk:

tached1000rr
01-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Anyone here thinks TCU could have beat Auburn or Oregon?

z06boy
01-11-2011, 10:25 AM

I don't know but I sure think they deserved a shot. Many thought Wisconsin was one of the hottest teams and TCU sure went toe to toe with them and came out a winner.

Rider
01-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Oregon beat themselves giving up 2 picks early. The Auburn offense was not as dominate as projected but their defensive speed was impressive.

tached1000rr
01-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Oregon beat themselves giving up 2 picks early. The Auburn offense was not as dominate as projected but their defensive speed was impressive.

Ok, but Auburn threw interceptions as well, they also left a high percentage field goal on the table as well. Cam missing that wipe open receiver in the end zone, bottom line both teams could have played better offensively. It was a great game that really could have went either way.

Mudpuppy
01-11-2011, 01:42 PM

Absolutely not

tached1000rr
01-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Absolutely not

I agree....

z06boy
01-12-2011, 10:27 AM
...but they should be given the chance. Most didn't think they could beat Wisconsin.

I didn't think Boise State had a chance against Oklahoma a while back...WRONG...nor Utah against Bama but that's why they play the game.

Trip
01-12-2011, 10:37 AM

The offensive and defensive line of Auburn showed exactly what the PAC 10 is lacking. Those big ole boys are huge and fast. The spread is not a good offense against teams with guys like that. If Oregon didn't do cheap holds, they were in the backfield every down.

tommymac
01-12-2011, 10:49 AM
The offensive and defensive line of Auburn showed exactly what the PAC 10 is lacking. Those big ole boys are huge and fast. The spread is not a good offense against teams with guys like that. If Oregon didn't do cheap holds, they were in the backfield every down.

Guys on espn were saying the auburn D-line is what dictated a lot of things in that game. I love it when games are won and lost thanks to the big uglies up front ;)

Mudpuppy
01-12-2011, 10:59 AM
...but they should be given the chance. Most didn't think they could beat Wisconsin.

I didn't think Boise State had a chance against Oklahoma a while back...WRONG...nor Utah against Bama but that's why they play the game.

I agree and the top 16 should be given the same chance by having proper playoffs.. the BCS is a bunch of bullshit.. it's all about how many alumni you have making the decision who is number 1 and supposedly 6 commodore 64 machines that are unbiased blah blah fucking blah.. if they did a bracket you can be over rated, under rated, doesn't matter just make the top 16 and you can show the world what you are really rated - no bullshit, no stupid indecipherable biased corrupted made up system.. no debate about is the SEC the best or whatever - if they are then they will win it every year.. honestly i used to drink the kool aid that the SEC was over rated the B1G needs a chance but once the B1G was given a chance they have failed miserably and the SEC is a solid conference, period.. they definitely earned a lot of my respect.. not saying I like them and not saying I don't want to see the B1G smash them like the fuckeyes need to be smashed but they are a quality conference with some great teams.. i think this year the right team won # 1 overall.. not always the case every year with their fucked up system.. of course you can debate it to infinity but only way to solve it is a bracket system..

and SEC - we just got a new coach and like will ferrell on talledega nights - WE'RE COMING FOR YA, just came here to tell you that.. first mission is first game of 2012 and rolling over the tide and nick saban's hair piece..

Trip
01-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Guys on espn were saying the auburn D-line is what dictated a lot of things in that game. I love it when games are won and lost thanks to the big uglies up front ;)

You could see it drastically starting in the 2nd quarter. Auburn would of scored a lot more if they got away from the dumbass bubble screens and it's stupid "trick" offense and just started handing it off to Dyer up the middle. Kid was getting 5-6 yards every time they did this. It's a lot harder to do it on SEC defenses, that's what those guys are use to, but Oregon couldn't handle smash mouth run it up your gut. They did play very well against Auburn's trick play offense that they see a lot of in the PAC 10 though.

Also Oregon's little "fast paced" offense doesn't work on the big stage. TV timeouts and injuries really really hurt Oregon's offense scheme. They aren't use to having to deal with people wanting to actually watch their game and sponsors paying to put their commercials in that time slot. :lol:

Trip
01-12-2011, 11:03 AM
I agree and the top 16 should be given the same chance by having proper playoffs.. the BCS is a bunch of bullshit.. it's all about how many alumni you have making the decision who is number 1 and supposedly 6 commodore 64 machines that are unbiased blah blah fucking blah.. if they did a bracket you can be over rated, under rated, doesn't matter just make the top 16 and you can show the world what you are really rated - no bullshit, no stupid indecipherable biased corrupted made up system.. no debate about is the SEC the best or whatever - if they are then they will win it every year.. honestly i used to drink the kool aid that the SEC was over rated the B1G needs a chance but once the B1G was given a chance they have failed miserably and the SEC is a solid conference, period.. they definitely earned a lot of my respect.. not saying I like them and not saying I don't want to see the B1G smash them like the fuckeyes need to be smashed but they are a quality conference with some great teams.. i think this year the right team won # 1 overall.. not always the case every year with their fucked up system.. of course you can debate it to infinity but only way to solve it is a bracket system..

and SEC - we just got a new coach and like will ferrell on talledega nights - WE'RE COMING FOR YA, just came here to tell you that.. first mission is first game of 2012 and rolling over the tide and nick saban's hair piece..

Why couldn't you fucks take Miles away so we could get a decent coach? Bastards...

z06boy
01-12-2011, 11:23 AM

Can't disagree with this...well other than the part about rolling over the tide with the new coach. :lol:

Yep...Auburn's line was more than up for the task for sure. When preparing for the game Auburn spent extra time on setting up quickly to match the hurry up offense of Oregon and during the game one of the players commented to the coach that the actual game seemed slower than what they had practiced and they weren't having much trouble with it.

Why couldn't you fucks take Miles away so we could get a decent coach? Bastards...

:lol: He's a winner but he sure can be goofy.

Trip
01-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Yep...Auburn's line was more than up for the task for sure. When preparing for the game Auburn spent extra time on setting up quickly to match the hurry up offense of Oregon and during the game one of the players commented to the coach that the actual game seemed slower than what they had practiced and they weren't having much trouble with it.

It was slower than Oregon's normal game. There were several injuries that slowed things down and TV timeouts for a BCS champ game are a huge factor because there are a lot more than normal. They didn't think twice any chance they could get some commercials in. Oregon's games don't usually get shown or watched by a large fan base, so a decent defense won't have an issue keeping up if they are prepared to face it. Every time Auburn looked like they might be close to start getting tired, they got a break.

What should be scary to other teams is Auburn's D was one of the middle or bad defenses in the SEC this year. Their offense won most of their SEC games while the defense got lit up.

z06boy
01-12-2011, 11:32 AM
It was slower than Oregon's normal game. There were several injuries that slowed things down and TV timeouts for a BCS champ game are a huge factor because there are a lot more than normal. They didn't think twice any chance they could get some commercials in. Oregon's games don't usually get shown or watched by a large fan base, so a decent defense won't have an issue keeping up if they are prepared to face it. Every time Auburn looked like they might be close to start getting tired, they got a break.

Well come to think of it...valid point...there were a ton of commercials.

When Oregon played UT earlier in the season...1st half...no problem but late in the 3rd and the whole 4th qtr....UT could have used a 30 minute sitcom time out...or two. :rofl:

Trip
01-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Well come to think of it...valid point...there were a ton of commercials.

When Oregon played UT earlier in the season...1st half...no problem but late in the 3rd and the whole 4th qtr....UT could have used a 30 minute sitcom time out...or two. :rofl:

Well half of UT's team was true freshman, they weren't really conditioned for that at all. Wish they played again this year to see the difference a year makes for the underclassmen.

Rider
01-12-2011, 11:55 AM

You honestly think a new coach at UM is going to make a big difference? :wtfru:

tallywacker
01-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Oh look Auburn won...

Mudpuppy
01-12-2011, 03:57 PM
You honestly think a new coach at UM is going to make a big difference? :wtfru:

what did you want rich rod to stay and lose to toledo again? fuck yes a new coach will make ALL the difference.. fuck rich rod couldn't even figure out he needed a defense or a kicker.. he focused solely on offense and even that was half ass - i mean yeah they looked good offensively against bowling green but who wouldn't? but i reckon that's how they play football at west virginia - old west shoot out between the offenses.. definitely not how Auburn or any serious nationally ranked teams play football.. and this new coach is highly rated and respected among his peers.. bitch rod is just a joke, period..

do you honestly think a $200+ million program like u of m is going to suffer embarrassment like they have for the past 3 years for much longer? before rich rod they were # 2 in the nation at one point... they kicked florida and teblowz ass and bitch rod turns them into a team that couldn't beat a ranked team if their life depended on it.. so is it the coach? fuck yes.. and will the new coach make a difference? fuck yes..

shit he was in the parking lot when brandon called him and all he said when he answered the phone was "yes".. brandon sez i didn't even ask you anything yet.. and he says i knew the question.. so brandon sez i didn't tell you the pay - and he replies i don't care.. this motherfucker is fired up, agile, mobile and hostile.. just what we need.. wait and see..

and don't worry you can still send your pal bitch rod a christmas card if you want - send it to his WV address..

because he is a piece of shit.. LSU can have him..

Trip
01-12-2011, 05:01 PM
because he is a piece of shit.. LSU can have him..

I know, I wanted rid of him. :lol: Can't believe they gave him a contract extension.

Mudpuppy
01-13-2011, 08:40 AM
I know, I wanted rid of him. :lol: Can't believe they gave him a contract extension.

first time michigan needed a coach he played the money game with LSU.. and i thought here we go again.. i can't believe michigan is paying $5m for a coach?!?!??! ridiculous.. bo made like $150,000 at the peak of his career..

Rider
01-13-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm glad rich rod is gone but at this point I don't think any coach will help. Recruiting is hurting big time. That won't change with a new coach at least not for a few years.

Mudpuppy
01-13-2011, 10:31 AM
I'm glad rich rod is gone but at this point I don't think any coach will help. Recruiting is hurting big time. That won't change with a new coach at least not for a few years.

yes this is true - basically have to build from the ground up.. it's definitely going to take time.. but good news is the bleeding (rich rod) has stopped.. so now we finally move in the right direction..

Porkchop
01-14-2011, 10:39 PM
yes this is true - basically have to build from the ground up.. it's definitely going to take time.. but good news is the bleeding (rich rod) has stopped.. so now we finally move in the right direction..

I'll believe it when you beat us. Until then its unknown.

Trip
01-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Apparently we picked up a Juco transfer originally from Georgia that is suppose to be very similar to Cam Newton without the $180k paycheck. He ripped up the juco schools like Cam did. We will see if he can take us to the promise land. MNC game is the sugar bowl this year. We won the last two games played in New Orleans, it may be our year again.