PDA

View Full Version : Starting the new year off right...

TYEster
01-02-2011, 06:58 PM
With a right side whip. First "official" one I've ever done and now I can't stop wanting to do them.

I hope I progress much further sideways as the year goes, and will need some balls to try them over some of the BIGGER tables/doubles.

tached1000rr
01-02-2011, 07:03 PM
sweet!

Trip
01-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Nice, I really want to get on a dirt track sometime.

racedoll
01-02-2011, 08:11 PM
:dthumb:

101lifts2
01-23-2011, 01:55 AM
Looks sweet Tye...

I'd hurt myself. lol

Tmall
01-23-2011, 07:10 AM
Looks awesome. Can't wait to start catching a bit of small air. Hope you don't mind me asking your opinion and advice on products..

Particle Man
01-23-2011, 08:01 AM
I'll stick with snow :lol:

Sweet though

Mr Lefty
01-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Nice I wanna hit a dirt, or shit, a paved track

TYEster
03-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Hit my first triple out at Monkey Island MX in Kerrville. Sweet ass track btw

This was end of the day and most of my energy was spent, so I tried using the motor in the air... :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQGoRLxPJlE&feature=feedu

CasterTroy
03-28-2011, 09:18 AM
OK, help me out here.....does the rear wheel spinning faster promote the front dipping? Or is that when you lock the rear brake mid-air?

I can't quite figure out how to rotate the bike to get the front tire where i need it for landing. I.E. SOME jumps it seems I'm sliding off the back of the seat while others I'm about to flip over the bars....how do I control that mid-air?

Since taking the 450 to motard only I only HAVE the 400E to ride in the dirt...and since she's a heavy pig, no whips :lol: but I still like a little air....just need it to be under control!

G-Rex
03-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Good job, and that's mighty impressive, but..

Hell. No. LOL

dReWpY
03-28-2011, 11:56 AM
hitting the throttle lifts the front end, taping the back brake causes the front to drop, atleast thats how it was on a quad when i was racing years ago, i doubt the physics have changed

TYEster
03-28-2011, 08:19 PM
OK, help me out here.....does the rear wheel spinning faster promote the front dipping? Or is that when you lock the rear brake mid-air?

I can't quite figure out how to rotate the bike to get the front tire where i need it for landing. I.E. SOME jumps it seems I'm sliding off the back of the seat while others I'm about to flip over the bars....how do I control that mid-air?

Since taking the 450 to motard only I only HAVE the 400E to ride in the dirt...and since she's a heavy pig, no whips :lol: but I still like a little air....just need it to be under control!

When midair, think of your bike on an axis around you and the motor(in the middle) the wheels act as gyroscopes. Stopping or speeding them up will change your pitch midair.

The easiest way to change is with the throttle and back break(rear wheel). The front is primarily dictated by the face of the jump you hit, however if it kicks you too far back, using the front brake should help bring the front back down. If your rear is kicked up too high, throttle can be used to bring it back down.

Another factor is body position. Staying dead center(standing up obviously) is the most neutral position. Leaning back or even sitting for a split second on take off can pop you up a little higher. If you have height for your jump leaning way forward can propel the bike slightly more forward for a more equal landing on the suspension making it softer. Ultimately the only way to get more distance however is more throttle before and on takeoff.

What you see in the video is panic rev because I didn't feel like I had enough speed to get the distance and as a must always land with the throttle applied to smooth out the landing. I was afraid I was going to case it that time and landed just on the top of the 3rd hump.

CasterTroy
03-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks

I know it's a split second, and there's a lot to do...but need to learn how to control a jump better. This is a good start :rockwoot: