PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting the Headlight

Vettezilla (Impala Balko)
06-22-2008, 03:55 PM
I have a K1 gsxr 750 and i recently added a 8,000 K H.I.D. headlight conversion to it. now whenever I end up behind a car i see them instantly go to adjust their rearview mirror then they pull over so i can go around them... is there a way to adjust the light so its aiming a little bit lower so i am not blinding everyone i come across.

t-homo
06-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Did you get the right kind of bulb? Normally they are designed with that in mind.

06-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Did you get the right kind of bulb? Normally they are designed with that in mind.

sure did... they are fine to me when i am riding its just that it seems like it is blinding everyone else.

No Worries
06-22-2008, 10:44 PM
If I could get cars to pull over for me, I'd get an HID. But if the HID bulb is in the stock holder, it should have adjustment for up/down and side/side.

Dnyce
07-06-2008, 04:07 PM
honestly-fuck em.

every new car has bright ass lights, my car's not tinted, and im blinded everytime im on a two lane road or if those fuckers get behind me.

so fuck em

hid ftw

NONE_too_SOFT
07-06-2008, 04:10 PM
i agree w/ d. fuck em.

07-07-2008, 07:57 AM
THere is no adjusters on the headlight assymbly however I found that the front fairing wasnt adjusted properly and once i did adjust the fairing it lowered the beam 1/4 inch when the bike was 4 feet from a wall which sounds substantial.

WARputer
07-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Check & see if there are 2 bronze colored phillips head screws to the right of the assembly....one will be for up/down & the other right/left. I had to adjust mine too, after the HID install.

07-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Check & see if there are 2 bronze colored phillips head screws to the right of the assembly....one will be for up/down & the other right/left. I had to adjust mine too, after the HID install.

I tried to adjust them with the two screws but none of them seem to do anything.

ceo012384
07-08-2008, 05:33 PM
I tried to adjust them with the two screws but none of them seem to do anything.
How do you know they're not doing anything? The change in angle required is usually pretty small since it's project long distances down the road...

On mine there's a similar setup... the reflector sort of 'floats in the housing on these two threaded rods and you can turn them to tweak the orientation.

Did you try it in the garage with the lights shining on a wall, I assume?

WARputer
07-08-2008, 08:49 PM
How do you know they're not doing anything? The change in angle required is usually pretty small since it's project long distances down the road...

On mine there's a similar setup... the reflector sort of 'floats in the housing on these two threaded rods and you can turn them to tweak the orientation.

I agree ....first time I tried to move mine was in daylight and thought it did nothing......2 days later on the first night ride, I was lighting up the tree tops ! WTF ! http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn273/Warputer1/blowup.gif

Dnyce
07-09-2008, 02:12 AM
how much for hid?

07-09-2008, 10:33 AM

i tried it against a wall in my garage shinning against a wall and i gave it several turns and it didnt raise or drop the beam one bit.