PDA

View Full Version : its about damn time. vyrus 986 moto2

Dave
01-13-2011, 04:57 PM
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Vyrus-986-M2-Moto2-concept.jpg

You remember Vyrus right? The company that makes the Vyrus 987 C3 4V…the Bimota Tesi look-alike with a Ducati 1198 motor, hub-steering, and a supercharger? Not willing to rest on its laurels as having “the most powerful production motorcycle in the world” (211hp gets you that title), the small Italian boutique firm seems set to enter Moto2 racing with its new Vyrus 986 M2 race bike, whose preliminary concept photo has just leaked out of the Rimini factory. Taking the idea of prototype racing to its fullest dimension with its hub-steering design, perhaps the only thing more exciting than the prospect of seeing a few of these Vyrus 986 M2′s at 18 of motorcycling’s best venues, is the prospect that a road-based version of the machine could be siting in our garage later this year (assuming we could afford such things). Details after the jump. Like all Moto2 class machines, the Vyrus 986 M2 is based around a Honda CBR600RR motor, but will be the only bike on the Moto2 grid to feature hub-steering. While Vyrus says the new 986 M2 will be an affordable option for Moto2 teams, the company also has plans to take the bike to the consumers (likely with some modification to get around the “prototype” requirement in Moto2), offering a road bike version available for purchase. This news makes us especially excited for the uniquely styled 600cc machine, and with a March 2011 delivery date on the road version, we’re surprised Vyrus has been able to keep this project under wraps for this long. Scheduled to debut at the Verona show on January 21, 2011, we’ll have more info on this dream machine in a couple of weeks

fnfalman
01-13-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm gonna have to watch Moto 2 a bit more closely now.

Their Vyrus work a lot better than the Tesi.

Dave
01-13-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm gonna have to watch Moto 2 a bit more closely now.

Their Vyrus work a lot better than the Tesi.

Ill admit, id nearly lost hope for the concept with so many teams switching to the suters. This thing though makes me happy in pants. Finally a true prototype.

Dave
01-13-2011, 11:53 PM
i was hoping to find some more info on the gp homepage. apparently rossi's latest fart is more important :lol: guess we gotta wait till the 21st. hope we see the streetbike at the same time

smileyman
01-14-2011, 09:22 AM
It's nasty. I love it. Hopefully they will find a good rider to push it to its limits...

DLIT
01-14-2011, 10:22 AM
I wish that pic was better, it's definitely wallpaper material.

Dave
01-21-2011, 08:55 AM
http://static.blogo.it/twowheelsblog/vyrus-986-m2-02/vyrusMBE_02.jpg

http://static.blogo.it/twowheelsblog/vyrus-986-m2-02/vyrusMBE_00.jpg

http://static.blogo.it/twowheelsblog/vyrus-986-m2-02/vyrusMBE_01.jpg

http://static.blogo.it/twowheelsblog/vyrus-986-m2-02/vyrusMBE_04.jpg

http://static.blogo.it/twowheelsblog/vyrus-986-m2-02/vyrusMBE_08.jpg

OneSickPsycho
01-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Yes, but does it blend?

DLIT
01-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Thing looks like it wants to eat a bus full of children. Gnarly. Got high-res pics??

Dave
01-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Thing looks like it wants to eat a bus full of children. Gnarly. Got high-res pics??

Best I can find for now. I'm doing national guard this weekend so I won't have a chance to poke around on a real computer. Might be a link to bigger shots on www.twowheelsblog.com

Dave
01-25-2011, 09:13 AM
The Vyrus 986 M2 was probably the biggest hit of the 2011 Motor Bike Expo and has had thousands of new fans drooling over it and already wishing to find it under their Christmas tree this year. Ascanio Rodorigo in this video interview personally reveals the prices for this new and exciting bike in all three of its versions; the Factory, the Replica Kit and the SL. The 135kg factory version for Moto2 teams ready to compete in the various championships will be sold starting from € 55,000. The Replica Kit, is a track only version. If you already own a CBR600RR (Vyrus is also developing a kit for R6 engines) you can build your own Moto2, reusing the brakes, engine, electrical system, electronics and dashboard. Vyrus will be selling the kit with chassis, bodywork, wheels and suspensions for € 16.950 plus VAT, and the Italian manufacturer can do the assembly job or send you the kit. SL Replica is the street version, which will be available late this summer and will be very close to the track versions, even if the engine will be standard or slightly modified, it will still maintain the same fantastic aesthetics with the addition of lights, mirrors, and turn signals and will go for the pricely sum of € 25,000.

This race kit sounds like a blast. Wonder if it'll find its way into dsb and fx? ;) that vyrus would look sick in erion colors

smileyman
04-01-2011, 04:37 PM
After seeing this and pondering many google articles about it I am convinced that I need one. Regardless of how well it does or doesnt do in GP2 I think the hub steering and the low low weight would be worth the money. I mean really over the Buell 1190RS for the money? Not that I will ever have that much to spend.

And I am certain you could find a traction control and ECU system to work with the engine from the WSS ranks...Oh and it looks incredible as well. Think of how much you would have to redesign a modern 600 supersport to get down to under 300 lbs. And to have the biggest reduction in unsprung weight is just a bonus.

Dave
04-01-2011, 04:50 PM
After seeing this and pondering many google articles about it I am convinced that I need one. Regardless of how well it does or doesnt do in GP2 I think the hub steering and the low low weight would be worth the money. I mean really over the Buell 1190RS for the money? Not that I will ever have that much to spend.

And I am certain you could find a traction control and ECU system to work with the engine from the WSS ranks...Oh and it looks incredible as well. Think of how much you would have to redesign a modern 600 supersport to get down to under 300 lbs. And to have the biggest reduction in unsprung weight is just a bonus.

Kit looks the route to go with this. Scoop up a salvage title cbr 600 and swap everything over. Tell the insurance its still a honda ;)

I'm sure you could contact erion for their cast off electronics. Could you imagine what a trackday weapon this would be? Wonder if it would be legal for the unlimited classes in club racing

KSGregman
04-01-2011, 05:19 PM
I just finished watching the Moto2 FP1....and am about 1/2 way through watching Moto2 FP2....neither Gavin Emmit nor Nick Harris have said anything about this bike....and they are probably the most well informed/well connnected people in the paddock during race week-ends.

It would be cool to see such an exotic package out there..but...who would ride it? The Moto2 grid is already full. It's going to be absolute MADNESS out there on race day on such a tight and twisty track like Jerez.

Dave
04-01-2011, 05:29 PM
I just finished watching the Moto2 FP1....and am about 1/2 way through watching Moto2 FP2....neither Gavin Emmit nor Nick Harris have said anything about this bike....and they are probably the most well informed/well connnected people in the paddock during race week-ends.

It would be cool to see such an exotic package out there..but...who would ride it? The Moto2 grid is already full. It's going to be absolute MADNESS out there on race day on such a tight and twisty track like Jerez.

It was announced shortly before the season start. I don't expect to see any on grid till next season. I could see a team swap sides though if a good deal was offered. With the single make engine rule and the divorced braking force properties of a hub center bike this thing has the potential to be devastating in the right hands

smileyman
04-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Kit looks the route to go with this. Scoop up a salvage title cbr 600 and swap everything over. Tell the insurance its still a honda ;)

I'm sure you could contact erion for their cast off electronics. Could you imagine what a trackday weapon this would be? Wonder if it would be legal for the unlimited classes in club racing

Yes I can imagine what a track day weapon it would be. You could buy engines and ECU tractiion systems aplenty, maybe even Frankenstein one up with ABS and traction control out of a late model CBR that got totalled.

I wouldnt care for racing it it some unlimited class as I think it would still lose out to superbike spec literbikes, but it would literally kill against anything on a tight or short course.