PDA

View Full Version : letter to the editor

itgirl
06-24-2008, 12:27 AM
so there have been a bunch of bike accidents in my area lately where people have been pulling out in front of the bikes, at least one was a fatality. it angered me and prompted me to write a letter to the editor politely asking motorists to stop running over us. some dumb broad writes a response quoting my letter but completely goes off about the incessant noise caused by loud pipes. apparently it is ruining the atmosphere of our state parks and making babies cry. she even quoted the AMA, ABATE and harley davidson themselves as far as restrictions and recommendations go, saying nothing is being or can be done about it. we are just angry, aggressive, obnoxious bikers that like to rev our bikes 'cause we can. whatever happened to 'loud pipes save lives'? apparently it must be okay for cars to wage open season on the 'loud' bikes. :idk:

Cutty72
06-24-2008, 12:30 AM
Quote her letter, but make it short and to the point.

"Dear bitch. Apparently our pipes aren't loud enough, as your makeup applying, cellphone talking completely obliveant ass still manages to not notice us on the street. Thanks."

itgirl
06-24-2008, 12:33 AM

"Dear bitch. Apparently our pipes aren't loud enough, as your makeup applying, cellphone talking completely obliveant ass still manages to not notice us on the street. Thanks."

:lol: makes me wanna look up her address and do a couple of late night drive by's on my hog.

some people just don't get it...

Cutty72
06-24-2008, 12:38 AM
:lol: makes me wanna look up her address and do a couple of late night drive by's on my hog.

Get all your HD buddies and have a burnout contest in her driveway... at 3 am! :dthumb:

Gas Man
06-24-2008, 01:14 AM
Cutty is right!

However...

My chop would do a much better job.

Get all your HD buddies and have a burnout contest in her driveway... at 3 am! :dthumb:

Good idea... I'm in!
:rockout:
:rockwoot:

PiZdETS
06-24-2008, 02:29 AM
so there have been a bunch of bike accidents in my area lately where people have been pulling out in front of the bikes, at least one was a fatality. it angered me and prompted me to write a letter to the editor politely asking motorists to stop running over us. some dumb broad writes a response quoting my letter but completely goes off about the incessant noise caused by loud pipes. apparently it is ruining the atmosphere of our state parks and making babies cry. she even quoted the AMA, ABATE and harley davidson themselves as far as restrictions and recommendations go, saying nothing is being or can be done about it. we are just angry, aggressive, obnoxious bikers that like to rev our bikes 'cause we can. whatever happened to 'loud pipes save lives'? apparently it must be okay for cars to wage open season on the 'loud' bikes. :idk:
Link to their web address, we'll give her hell.

Being self-obsessed enough to weigh your own minor discomfort at loud noises over the preventable deaths of community members with families and friends caused by inattentiveness of drivers shows epic amounts of solipsism and indignity.
Fuck her.

OneSickPsycho
06-24-2008, 07:46 AM
I say we all FedEx her boxes of poop.

itgirl
06-24-2008, 08:33 AM
what i wrote:

Now that the warm weather has finally descended upon the area I'd like to take a moment to raise awareness for motorcycles. The season is early yet already there have been an onslaught of reports of accidents involving motorcycles and inattentive drivers.

I ask all motorists to please remember that when you approach any intersection be sure to "look twice and save a life." I can assure you as a rider myself that motorcyclists will do everything in their power to make themselves visible to automobiles.

Please be courteous and share the road so that we may all have a safe and enjoyable summer riding season.

Kimberly Storm

Hanover

here's the dumb bitch's response:

Ms. Kimberly Storm in her letter of June 15 asks that drivers be courteous and attentive in regard to motorcyclists, which most drivers are. By its very nature, motorcycle riding is a risky business. Not all accidents involve unhelmeted riders; however, the motorcycle lobby has achieved insanity ensconced in law with PA's no helmet passage (see The Evening Sun front-page article of June 13 for grim statistics).

Motorcyclists also need to commit to their side of the equation by greatly modifying their behavior regarding the horrendous noise assault inflicted throughout the area. I have a letter from Harley-Davidson Motor Company, dated May 22, 2008, stating that HD is "sympathetic to the growing public concern related to noise in general and motorcycle noise in particular." If so, they need to demonstrate this by leading a "quiet revolution" among their fans.

In an absurd understatement, A.B.A.T.E. of PA says in their current position paper, "Not everyone appreciates the sound emitted by bikes fitted with after-market pipes that increase sound levels and especially those that run straight pipes." A.B.A.T.E. then goes on to pass the buck by clearly implying we should not look to them for corrective leadership (www.abatepa.org).

The American Motorcyclist Association in their current position paper "Voluntary Sound Management" lists prohibitions and affirmations involving manufacturers, retailers, riders, law and law enforcement. These are their "recommendations,"
Advertisement
not a call to action, and thus are largely ignored (www.AMADirectlink.com).

Remaining staunchly in denial that their behavior is offensive, a majority of riders throughout our streets, parks (Codorus is virtually ruined) and public venues, send this message: Here I am, angry, aggressive, and attention-grabbing; mean, macho and megadecibeled. I rev, therefore I am. I've got a right to roar, baby, everywhere, at any hour, even in the presence of babies and small children.

Welcome to our brave new world, from coast to coast. It is said that if we don't like the way the world is we should change it; in regard to this issue, how, God help us, how?

Sharon L. Narushoff

Hanover

direct your responses to www.eveningsun.com.

Audiomechanic
06-24-2008, 08:41 AM
what i wrote:

Now that the warm weather has finally descended upon the area I'd like to take a moment to raise awareness for motorcycles. The season is early yet already there have been an onslaught of reports of accidents involving motorcycles and inattentive drivers.

I ask all motorists to please remember that when you approach any intersection be sure to "look twice and save a life." I can assure you as a rider myself that motorcyclists will do everything in their power to make themselves visible to automobiles.

Please be courteous and share the road so that we may all have a safe and enjoyable summer riding season.

Kimberly Storm

Hanover

here's the dumb bitch's response:

Ms. Kimberly Storm in her letter of June 15 asks that drivers be courteous and attentive in regard to motorcyclists, which most drivers are. By its very nature, motorcycle riding is a risky business. Not all accidents involve unhelmeted riders; however, the motorcycle lobby has achieved insanity ensconced in law with PA's no helmet passage (see The Evening Sun front-page article of June 13 for grim statistics).

Motorcyclists also need to commit to their side of the equation by greatly modifying their behavior regarding the horrendous noise assault inflicted throughout the area. I have a letter from Harley-Davidson Motor Company, dated May 22, 2008, stating that HD is "sympathetic to the growing public concern related to noise in general and motorcycle noise in particular." If so, they need to demonstrate this by leading a "quiet revolution" among their fans.

In an absurd understatement, A.B.A.T.E. of PA says in their current position paper, "Not everyone appreciates the sound emitted by bikes fitted with after-market pipes that increase sound levels and especially those that run straight pipes." A.B.A.T.E. then goes on to pass the buck by clearly implying we should not look to them for corrective leadership (www.abatepa.org).

The American Motorcyclist Association in their current position paper "Voluntary Sound Management" lists prohibitions and affirmations involving manufacturers, retailers, riders, law and law enforcement. These are their "recommendations,"
Advertisement
not a call to action, and thus are largely ignored (www.AMADirectlink.com).

Remaining staunchly in denial that their behavior is offensive, a majority of riders throughout our streets, parks (Codorus is virtually ruined) and public venues, send this message: Here I am, angry, aggressive, and attention-grabbing; mean, macho and megadecibeled. I rev, therefore I am. I've got a right to roar, baby, everywhere, at any hour, even in the presence of babies and small children.

Welcome to our brave new world, from coast to coast. It is said that if we don't like the way the world is we should change it; in regard to this issue, how, God help us, how?

Sharon L. Narushoff

Hanover

direct your responses to www.theeveningsun.com.

I still like Cutty's response:

papapoi
06-24-2008, 08:44 AM
linky just goes to a search engine.

itgirl
06-24-2008, 08:47 AM
linky just goes to a search engine.

oops. fixed it. sorry.

OneSickPsycho
06-24-2008, 09:21 AM
For real though... did she just disregard the fact that people driving with their heads up their asses kill people on motorcycles, so that she could ramble on about the inconvenience of how loud our machines are?

DLIT
06-24-2008, 09:25 AM
OSP, you need to hit her up.

OneSickPsycho
06-24-2008, 09:50 AM
OSP, you need to hit her up.

I commented on the site... that's as far as I'll go... anything more would be a waste of time...

itgirl
06-24-2008, 10:01 AM
I commented on the site... that's as far as I'll go... anything more would be a waste of time...

that's more than i plan on doing. it doesn't even deserve the time it would take to craft a response. she's a douche, plain and simple. no changing that one.

the chi
06-24-2008, 10:43 AM
I wrote this and added the letter to editor Neon posted in his thread...

stupid bitch...if you search her name on the evening sun site you'll see she isnt just against motorcycles, it appears she has something to say about most motorized vehicles, both on road and off...

Ms. Narushoff, I am amazed at your incredible disregard for the fact that motorcycle riders lives are lost everyday due to inattentive drivers in order for you to complain about how you may not like the noise given off by a motorcycle.

Read this: Maybe next time you'll rethink...

Dave
06-24-2008, 11:19 AM
hehe when i clicked on it i got an ad for the kawi go green sales event where it says "smoke em off the line!" lol

fnfalman
06-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Maybe I need to fly out to Hanover and give this bitch some good old fashion pipe laying so that she isn't so fucking pissed off toward the world?

Is she hot?

Audiomechanic
06-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Maybe I need to fly out to Hanover and give this bitch some good old fashion pipe laying so that she isn't so fucking pissed off toward the world?

Is she hot?

I'm gonna tanke a stab at this and say: she's probably late 30's, fat, has 9 kids, fat, drives a Suburban with "Honor roll" bumper stickers all over the back with her kid's names on them, fat, hates her life, fat, and has a "yes dear" husband who's more feminin than she is. She's probably also fat.

itgirl
06-24-2008, 12:28 PM

Is she hot?

probably not. would you be willing to take one for the team? :lol:

I wrote this and added the letter to editor Neon posted in his thread...

stupid bitch...if you search her name on the evening sun site you'll see she isnt just against motorcycles, it appears she has something to say about most motorized vehicles, both on road and off...

yeah, what's with that?! i guess all these motorized contraptions are wreaking havoc on her peaceful existence. get a life, lady! and move to the country away from all the 'hustle and bustle' of our 'big' city. :lol:

Cutty72
06-24-2008, 01:00 PM
I love being an ass.

Dear Ms. Narushoff.
Apparently our pipes aren't loud enough, as your makeup applying, cellphone talking completely obliveant ass still manages to not notice us on the street.
As for loud pipes not helping, tell that to the Civic with the coffee can exhaust and the Ram with the straight pipes that both tried to run me off the road today.
My exhaust was able to deter them back into their lane long enough for me to safely get out of kill range of their vehicles.
So, if our bikes are too loud, send me your address, I'll mail you some earplugs.
Thanks.

Audiomechanic
06-24-2008, 01:13 PM
You are most elloquent, Cutty.

And I second that coffe can fart pipe annoyance on 4-bangers. I don't understand how anyone can think that sounds good.

Cutty72
06-24-2008, 01:24 PM
You are most elloquent, Cutty.

And I second that coffe can fart pipe annoyance on 4-bangers. I don't understand how anyone can think that sounds good.

I do what I can :lol:

rider76
06-24-2008, 02:46 PM
I have met women just like this cunt. Self centered, god forbid little Joey doesnt get all of his nap in because some bad motorcyclist rides down the street... what this bitch needs a dick in the ass.. that straighten her out....

Audiomechanic
06-24-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm sure fnfalman will be happy to oblige. :lol:

ceo012384
06-24-2008, 03:47 PM
This is why I enjoy street riding less and less. The only street riding I do enjoy involves riding on roads with no one on them...