PDA

View Full Version : 250gp out. 600gp in.

JK
06-30-2008, 10:18 PM
In light of the recent talk of how the 250gp and 125gp's are much more interesting... how do yall feel about the announcement to cut the 250s and replace them with 600cc 4 strokes?

if you need i will dig up the press releases.

NONE_too_SOFT
06-30-2008, 10:28 PM
ya dig it up.

so they're going to run 800 and 600 4 strokes and 125 2 strokes?

JK
06-30-2008, 10:31 PM
http://superbikeplanet.com/2008/Jun/080627m.htm

PiZdETS
06-30-2008, 10:44 PM
sweet! we'll get more ex-AMA 600 pro's who will have a better shot at representing America in the premier class. I'm all for it.
If they start making bespoke carbon fiber everything 600's I'll cum my pants. I don't see why 30,000 rpm wouldn't be possible with such a small engine if the makers get interested in the class.

DLIT
07-01-2008, 09:27 AM
The go as fast as the 600's do anyways. I didn't click the link, will it be 600cc bikes unlike factory made shiz? Will they be insane, ground up machines or what? I think I would enjoy it even though the racers would have to adjust their game because most of them started racing on tiny 2-strokes.

Rider
07-01-2008, 09:39 AM
The go as fast as the 600's do anyways. I didn't click the link, will it be 600cc bikes unlike factory made shiz? Will they be insane, ground up machines or what? I think I would enjoy it even though the racers would have to adjust their game because most of them started racing on tiny 2-strokes.

They didn't go into detail but it look like it will be ground up with the 600cc 4 stroke and maximum of 4 cylinder restrictions.

OneSickPsycho
07-01-2008, 09:44 AM
This can only be good for the evolution of the 600 streetbike.

DLIT
07-01-2008, 09:51 AM
This can only be good for the evolution of the 600 streetbike.

For real! I wonder how Aprilia and KTM will fair though. They dominate the 2-strokes and their (Aprilia) last effort in GP (The Cube) was a horrible fail. That may be some of the issues to work out. Does it say why they're doing it or is it just an idea right now?

No Worries
07-01-2008, 10:17 AM
I'd like to see Aprilia and KTM come up with a 600cc, four cylinder, two-stroke that meets emissions. That would be killer.

z06boy
07-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Sounds good to me. :rockwoot:

Rider
07-01-2008, 10:33 AM
I'd like to see Aprilia and KTM come up with a 600cc, four cylinder, two-stroke that meets emissions. That would be killer.

600cc 2 stroke? That would be more power that the MotoGP 800cc 4 stroke bikes. :willy:

I remember back in the day when Yamaha made the RZ350. That thing would smoke 600 and 750 4 strokes all day long.

DLIT
07-01-2008, 12:10 PM
That would be killer.

Literally.

ceo012384
07-01-2008, 12:34 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

What are you smoking? Give me some of that shit. :lol:

I remember back in the day when Yamaha made the RZ350. That thing would smoke 600 and 750 4 strokes all day long.
I fuckin LOVE those bikes...

http://www.strappe.com/rz1.jpg

JK
07-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Some of the stuff floating around is that there will be a control engine or control design of engine. teams will have to build, buy, rent, the chassis and that is where advantages (aside from rider skill) will be had.

i also read that control engines could be modified once in the teams hands... none for sure but some things kicking around. really they wants costs low to get as big a field as possible.

aprilia and ktm arent really happy, because theyre some of the few factories still making sporting 2 strokes available to any team. we'll see how things shake out for them.

But also there may be many 'smaller' non gp teams more comfortable fielding these 4 strokes and enter 600gp... who knows-

just rumormongering....

OneSickPsycho
07-01-2008, 10:48 PM

SICK

Some of the stuff floating around is that there will be a control engine or control design of engine. teams will have to build, buy, rent, the chassis and that is where advantages (aside from rider skill) will be had.

i also read that control engines could be modified once in the teams hands... none for sure but some things kicking around. really they wants costs low to get as big a field as possible.

aprilia and ktm arent really happy, because theyre some of the few factories still making sporting 2 strokes available to any team. we'll see how things shake out for them.

But also there may be many 'smaller' non gp teams more comfortable fielding these 4 strokes and enter 600gp... who knows-

just rumormongering....

That shit sounds terrible and makes me want to club baby seals with retarded toddlers.

t-homo
07-01-2008, 11:11 PM
It'd be interesting to see a race where all of the MotoGP guys are on identical bikes and have had a couple weeks to practice on them. Be a race of pure skill.

DLIT
07-01-2008, 11:13 PM
It'd be interesting to see a race where all of the MotoGP guys are on identical bikes and have had a couple weeks to practice on them. Be a race of pure skill.

Me too.

JK
07-02-2008, 12:24 AM
It'd be interesting to see a race where all of the MotoGP guys are on identical bikes and have had a couple weeks to practice on them. Be a race of pure skill.like the IROC series... only with bikes. that would be fun

Mr Lefty
07-02-2008, 03:37 AM
My money would still be on Rossi... dude is just pure tallent

DLIT
07-02-2008, 04:05 AM
My money would still be on Rossi... dude is just pure tallent

Most def. It'd still be interesting though, I think.

Mr Lefty
07-02-2008, 04:57 PM
I'd like to see what hopper could do when his machine isn't take'n a shit on him... too...

DLIT
07-02-2008, 05:11 PM
I'd like to see what hopper could do when his machine isn't take'n a shit on him... too...

I'd like to see what he coulda done if he stayed with Suzuki. He just got it dialed in and was consistantly in the front pack. Too bad though, I feel bad for him. His form is awesome to watch though.

JK
07-02-2008, 10:37 PM
rossi is one of those guys that can ride around a bike. i think stoner is another one of those guys... it seems that of the 4 ducatis on the grid, hes the only one that figured it out.

DLIT
07-03-2008, 12:32 AM
rossi is one of those guys that can ride around a bike. i think stoner is another one of those guys... it seems that of the 4 ducatis on the grid, hes the only one that figured it out.

Stoner rides that thing like the beast that it is. Remember him on the Honda though? He was wrecking every other race. He was like Randy DePuniet this year. Got me thinking it's the Honda, not him.

PiZdETS
07-03-2008, 12:45 AM
Stoner rides that thing like the beast that it is. Remember him on the Honda though?
Exactly, part of the ducati plan of attack is to make a bike specifically for their best rider and that gamble payed off last year. Stoner likes to ride the shit out of his bike, he slides all over the place, has the thing bucking everywhere but he makes it work.
The satellite team and Melandri seem like they all got bitten one too many times by it's ferocity and so they limp around at the back field.
Not talking shit, I would ruin my pants on any of them but Stoners got the balls to ride the hell out of it.

He's still a little bitch though. I hate how he's been pouting before each race about how he's not racing for the championship yet and his bike still isn't competitive. Lighten up faggot, you have an uber-hawt wife, the fastest bike on the grid and a world title to your name.

Mr Lefty
07-03-2008, 02:09 AM
yeah dude... stoner's wife is fuck'n GORGEOUS...

DLIT
07-03-2008, 04:55 AM
yeah dude... stoner's wife is fuck'n GORGEOUS...

I'd rather fuck the girl Mondo met when we were out Monday night. True story.

Amber Lamps
07-03-2008, 11:46 AM
600cc 2 stroke? That would be more power that the MotoGP 800cc 4 stroke bikes. :willy:

Had one,terribly narrow power band. You'd get Popeye sized calves/biceps from rowing the shifter/clutch. Great rewards when you did it right,ugly high sides when you got it wrong!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

What are you smoking? Give me some of that shit. :lol:

I fuckin LOVE those bikes...

http://www.strappe.com/rz1.jpg

Hey that's my old bike! I used my Army enlistment bonus to buy it!

Trans- Am series...right?

Phenix_Rider
07-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Hey that's my old bike! I used my Army enlistment bonus to buy it!

Trans- Am series...right?

:lol: Here I am talking with a guy at work that had one- Kenny Roberts signature and all.