PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the south?

Shift
07-01-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm split between a track day at either Tally, AL; or a track day at Jennings FL. If anyone is in the area of either of these tracks and wants to do a track day at the end of July let me know. Also if anyone has any experience at either of these tracks feel free to chime in.

:urgay:

the chi
07-01-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm split between a track day at either Tally, AL; or a track day at Jennings FL. If anyone is in the area of either of these tracks and wants to do a track day at the end of July let me know. Also if anyone has any experience at either of these tracks feel free to chime in.

:urgay:

Hey goober, didnt we have part of this convo already?

Im in Ft. Walton, my whole crew goes to Jennings every few months AT LEAST...John from Turn One's Track Days are the best!! Theres on in October, there may be one in July, but not sure...

Jennings is awesome, so far my only experience tho, and I love it there!!

Trip
07-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Tally all day long if you want technical.

Shift
07-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Ha yes i remember you saying something about it a while back. I'm leaning more towards Tally tho just based on the look of the track, however having an experienced track rider from the forum at the track with me could def. have an impact on my choice.

Trip
07-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Ha yes i remember you saying something about it a while back. I'm leaning more towards Tally tho just based on the look of the track, however having an experienced track rider from the forum at the track with me could def. have an impact on my choice.

Nashville Aug 2nd then, some of us will be there.

Rae are you still coming or still dont know?

Shift
07-01-2008, 12:19 PM

Seems a bit distanced but I'll look into it, do you have a link to the tracks website?

Trip
07-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Seems a bit distanced but I'll look into it, do you have a link to the tracks website?

I usually do sportbiketracktime.com track days, which is the august one.

NESBA is another good one
Elitesportbike.com is another

I think the Jennings days are done by Jennings, you will have to ask Rae.

Speedracer170
07-01-2008, 01:25 PM
I'm from crestview and I've done both tracks and like them both. Tally is a small tight and technical track and Jennings is a wide open track. I would chose jennings though just cause I like it better. I think we are planning on doing a trackday sometime soon at tally though (I need to work on that decreasing radius that keeps wooping me) but i'll post up when we get it set in stone

the chi
07-01-2008, 02:42 PM

not gonna make it, shit happens, and well, I cant cram everything into a single year...hoping for next tho...

Shift, as for experienced riders, my standard sunday riding group is made up of racers, ex racers, wanna be racers, and control riders. We take it easy on the street but it is ALWAYS a benefit to have that kind of help, and Priceless at the track!

TheStig!
07-02-2008, 09:59 AM
They are both good tracks and you can't go wrong with which ever one you choose.
I have done track-days and raced at both tracks and I personally like Jennings better.
I don't know a date yet, but I will be at Jennings real soon for a track-day. Maybe some other locals (Ft.Walton/Pensacola) and some forum members (SpeedRacer/Rae) will be there too.:dthumb:

ceo012384
07-02-2008, 03:44 PM
I am still determined to ride jennings. It's fast and flat, good pavement.

I had to cancel that trip but I am hoping to work out a trip this winter to hit it up, maybe VIR on the way down, etc... I have a conference in Miami in november. Might work out nicely ;)

PhiSig1071
07-05-2008, 10:40 PM
I haven't rode Tally, but I have done quite a few days at JGP and I LOVE that track. Very fast, but with some serious technical areas. If you screw up your line through 4-5 you're pretty much screwed all the way through 10. It's great! Ed Bargy actually designed that track as a "training track" so it has a little bit of everything, from sweepers to high speed kinks and decreasing and increasing radius turns. It took me five or six trackdays just to learn the right line through a couple turns.