PDA

View Full Version : Wife took the MSF course last week...

Rider
07-01-2008, 12:19 PM
....passed her written, and got her endorsement this morning, now she wants to take out my bike..... :panic: I might have to put the bike in C mode for her.....
And yes she already has own gear.

Shift
07-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Time to add a second bike to the stable perhaps?

Perhaps try to find a used 08 250? :drool:

ceo012384
07-01-2008, 12:32 PM
now she wants to take out my bike.....
Her first post-MSF ride on a 140 horsepower brand new bike????

FUCK THAT :lol:

Shift
07-01-2008, 12:37 PM
:iagree:

No Worries
07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
C-mode brings it down to what, 100hp? And how does C-mode work? Cut out one spark plug?

Trip
07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Bad idea, get her her own bike.

DLIT
07-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Don't do it.

My wife will sell her 08 250 to ya for $3k. Only 35 miles on it.

Trip
07-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Don't do it.

She don't like riding?

Shift
07-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Don't do it.

Color? pics? I will buy this off you this weekend for that price. :lol:

Rider
07-01-2008, 01:19 PM
C-mode brings it down to what, 100hp? And how does C-mode work? Cut out one spark plug?

It lessens the throttle response, by changing the fuel mapping but it still has the same top end. You just don't accelerate as fast.

Shift
07-01-2008, 01:24 PM
It lessens the throttle response, by changing the fuel mapping but it still has the same top end. You just don't accelerate as fast.

:wtfru: I Still say keep her off that 750 , the MSF class was what either 125 or 250cc cruisers? Even a highly detuned 750 could still end up getting her in serious trouble if she makes a mistake or two.

neebelung
07-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Time to add a second bike to the stable perhaps?

Perhaps try to find a used 08 250? :drool:

:rockout: that's what I said!!!!

Rider
07-01-2008, 01:32 PM
:wtfru: I Still say keep her off that 750 , the MSF class was what either 125 or 250cc cruisers? Even a highly detuned 750 could still end up getting her in serious trouble if she makes a mistake or two.

Yeah she rode a 250 nighthawk. I keep telling her I don't think it's a good idea for her to take that bike out. Then her response is... "didn't you start out on a 750(Kawi Z750)?" I'm like yeah but I also rode dirt bikes my entire life..... My biggest concern would be her dropping it while doing low speed maneuvers like turning around in out driveway or in the street making a u turn. I know she'd be real easy in the throttle... She admitted to dropping the bike at the MSF course once when she was practicing her figure 8's.

Shift
07-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah she rode a 250 nighthawk. I keep telling her I don't think it's a good idea for her to take that bike out. Then her response is... "didn't you start out on a 750(Kawi Z750)?" I'm like yeah but I also rode dirt bikes my entire life..... My biggest concern would be her dropping it while doing low speed maneuvers like turning around in out driveway or in the street making a u turn. I know she'd be real easy in the throttle... She admitted to dropping the bike at the MSF course once when she was practicing her figure 8's.

Yeah ,its not so much I worry about her basic rider skills as it is everyone else on the street i worry about. In that parking lot she didn't have to worry about true emergency braking (I know they teach you how to but until someone gets real world experience you never know how there gonna react weather it be panick or apply the fundamentals they have learned)and cars trying to merge over on you and things like that. I would just be worried that in a danger unexpected situation a noob rider will make a few mistakes as to the best way to avoid the danger, and as we all know these mistakes can be a lot harder to control on the bigger more powerful bikes.

Trip
07-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Just tell her no, say that when she has a bike for herself she will understand the whole don't let people ride your ride thing.

Rider
07-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah ,its not so much I worry about her basic rider skills as it is everyone else on the street i worry about. In that parking lot she didn't have to worry about true emergency braking (I know they teach you how to but until someone gets real world experience you never know how there gonna react weather it be panick or apply the fundamentals they have learned)and cars trying to merge over on you and things like that. I would just be worried that in a danger unexpected situation a noob rider will make a few mistakes as to the best way to avoid the danger, and as we all know these mistakes can be a lot harder to control on the bigger more powerful bikes.

Oh definitely and I would never let her take the bike out in traffic. Maybe just up and down my 25mph street, that's all. Yeah if she had to do a panic stop on this bike after practicing on a nighthawk, she'd do a stoppie for a about 2 seconds before she flipped the bike on top of her.

Oh and just for the record, I saw 120mph in 3rd gear this morning on the way to work. :panic: I looked down saw how fast I was going and had to shut it down in a hurry. If anyone is looking for the ultimate track rig.... Look no further. :rockwoot:

Just tell her no, say that when she has a bike for herself she will understand the whole don't let people ride your ride thing.

Werd. I know I need to hold my ground on this issue. She wont let it go though. ... Not letting her ride the bike may be the end of us.... :lol:

DLIT
07-01-2008, 05:33 PM
She don't like riding?

Not right now. We're gonna wait for the cooler months and take another stab at it. If she still doesn't like it, it's getting sold.

Smittie61984
07-01-2008, 07:35 PM
You should get a Ducati 1098. Then take her for a ride. When it scares her to death tell her to try out the 750. Don't mention you disconnected 2 cyliders and made your own G mode. Then you keep the 1098 and give her the 750/375.

Then she can tell everyone she got a "k8 Gixxer 7-5, yo"

Which a buddy of mine got an RC51 and later on his wife bought a new ZZR600 for her first bike. He use to race motorcycles and taught her how to ride. Anyways one day she asked if she could ride the RC51. He said once she rode it she wouldn't give it back to him.

Becca_007
07-01-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm trying to sell my 2005 Z750S again. Last year stepdad said he was just going to keep it but he has only put 50 miles on it. Now he is looking at cruisers again so the 750 needs to go.

itgirl
07-01-2008, 10:21 PM

poppycock!! fess up...it's because she's a woman, isn't it? :lol:

nhgunnut
07-01-2008, 10:27 PM
My Wife Did it Back Assward.. After not having RIdden for 20+ years I bought a Victory Cruiser and after a month or so She bought her Own Victory "A Touring Cruiser cause I like the color" I should mention she had never ridden a bike in her life at this point she took the MSF and has been riding it since 03 and I bought her a Goldwing to match mine in 06. I think you might have a little faith in the woman let her try out the GSXR heel my wife can ride rthe the turbo busa anytime she wants.. and a friendof mine for the board here and his wife have both ridden my Ducati and my Turbo Busa for extended periods.

Carolina
07-01-2008, 10:35 PM
My Wife Did it Back Assward.. After not having RIdden for 20+ years I bought a Victory Cruiser and after a month or so She bought her Own Victory "A Touring Cruiser cause I like the color" I should mention she had never ridden a bike in her life at this point she took the MSF and has been riding it since 03 and I bought her a Goldwing to match mine in 06. I think you might have a little faith in the woman let her try out the GSXR heel my wife can ride rthe the turbo busa anytime she wants.. and a friendof mine for the board here and his wife have both ridden my Ducati and my Turbo Busa for extended periods.

:wtfru::kawi:

my wife drives my shii but it's a starter bike and everyone has ridden her and she's a lil banged up and she used it for the MSF but post MSF and after her riding a lil bit she told me she dumped it in a yard down the street in the grass. I never knew but that 750 will def show the war wounds and today she got suprised when she ran out of gas on a big hill and bike was jerking guess i forgot to mention the reserve and where it's located and we need more hill work just never ran into these things before nway good luck

itgirl
07-01-2008, 10:58 PM

my wife drives my shii but it's a starter bike and everyone has ridden her and she's a lil banged up and she used it for the MSF but post MSF and after her riding a lil bit she told me she dumped it in a yard down the street in the grass. I never knew but that 750 will def show the war wounds and today she got suprised when she ran out of gas on a big hill and bike was jerking guess i forgot to mention the reserve and where it's located and we need more hill work just never ran into these things before nway good luck

wow! that's some loooooooong sentences ya got there. :lol:

Carolina
07-01-2008, 11:04 PM
yup :eightball6: bud light FTW but avtually I do that all the time

Rider
07-02-2008, 08:06 AM

The wife or the bike? :lol:

poppycock!! fess up...it's because she's a woman, isn't it? :lol:

You caught me...... :idk:

That has nothing to do with it at all. Lack of experience does.

Trip
07-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Not right now. We're gonna wait for the cooler months and take another stab at it. If she still doesn't like it, it's getting sold.

Eh, at least she tried for ya, probably for the best if she is not really into it. Take the money and let her invest in something she likes to do while you are out riding.

Smittie61984
07-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Take the money and let her invest in something she likes to do while you are out riding.

Like Cooking and Cleaning...

:poke:

Shift
07-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Eh, at least she tried for ya, probably for the best if she is not really into it. Take the money and let her invest in something she likes to do while you are out riding.

If she's really not into now and you know your going to sell it in a few months anyways, you could probly sell it now and actually make a profit of what you paid for it. I meen theres idiots paying 4500 around here for a used one.

OneSickPsycho
07-02-2008, 11:49 PM
If she's really not into now and you know your going to sell it in a few months anyways, you could probly sell it now and actually make a profit of what you paid for it. I meen theres idiots paying 4500 around here for a used one.

I see 'em on craigslist all day long for $4-4500.

Carolina
07-03-2008, 08:16 AM
The wife or the bike? :lol:

You caught me...... :idk:

That has nothing to do with it at all. Lack of experience does.

The bike of course :beath:

z06boy
07-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Congrats to your wife for passing and of course now the real learning starts to take place.

My wife has been riding for one year and has really taken to it. :dthumb:

I admit that I didn't really want her riding and hope nothing bad happens to her BUT must also admit...we've had a BLAST out riding together. :rockout:

marko138
07-08-2008, 11:27 AM
How fucking pissed are you gonna be when the old lady dumps your brand new bike?

Rider
07-08-2008, 12:37 PM
How fucking pissed are you gonna be when the old lady dumps your brand new bike?

:panic: Pissed, but the longer time goes by, the less she talks about taking it out. I give it a month and she wont ask about it anymore.

neebelung
07-08-2008, 12:57 PM
So do you think she'll just drop the idea of riding altogether??

Rider
07-08-2008, 01:15 PM
So do you think she'll just drop the idea of riding altogether??

:idk: Really I have no idea. I was shocked that she took the course to begin with. She says she doesn't want her own bike... But I don't want her to ride mine....

ceo012384
07-08-2008, 05:23 PM
:idk: Really I have no idea. I was shocked that she took the course to begin with. She says she doesn't want her own bike... But I don't want her to ride mine....

Just by her a small used bike for like $1k and surprise he with it one day... all ready to go, registered, tagged, everything. I'm sure she'll go out for a ride with you and maybe get really into it.

If not, sell the bike for what you bought it for and it's no huge loss. And she'll be left with a set of gear for riding 2up with you.

Rider
07-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Just by her a small used bike for like $1k and surprise he with it one day... all ready to go, registered, tagged, everything. I'm sure she'll go out for a ride with you and maybe get really into it.

If not, sell the bike for what you bought it for and it's no huge loss. And she'll be left with a set of gear for riding 2up with you.

She already has her own gear. She got it when I bought my first bike. But you have a good idea there.

OneSickPsycho
07-09-2008, 09:00 AM
Fuck it... keep said 2nd bike as a commuter.

Rider
07-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Fuck it... keep said 2nd bike as a commuter.

Why? I LIKE commuting on my Gixxer. :kawi:

Cutty72
07-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Fuck it... keep said 2nd bike as a track bike.

There, fixed it.

ceo012384
07-09-2008, 03:50 PM
She already has her own gear. She got it when I bought my first bike. But you have a good idea there.
Even better then.

But yes... talking about things with women let's them make long careful decisions which are often silly... just show up with two bikes gassed up and ready to go in the driveway and you could end up with an SO who's also a riding buddy... which would be awesome

Rider
07-09-2008, 03:54 PM
Even better then.

But yes... talking about things with women let's them make long careful decisions which are often silly... just show up with two bikes gassed up and ready to go in the driveway and you could end up with an SO who's also a riding buddy... which would be awesome

:idk: We'll see.