PDA

View Full Version : :)

neebelung
07-02-2008, 08:03 AM
GEESH, there are few things (on two wheels, that is) as enjoyable as a nice, long late night ride in the summertime.... What a fanfrakingtastic ride last night. :rockout:

itgirl
07-02-2008, 08:10 AM
awesome! i should start riding at night, since that's when the kids unglue themselves from me. so many more bugs at night though. i found that out the hard way.

Trip
07-02-2008, 08:11 AM
I rode to work this morning for the first time in a long time. I love living close enough to work to take my car or bike again. I hated taking the ride share van.

Rider
07-02-2008, 08:32 AM
I didnt ride today, 70% chance of severe thunderstorms. I need to put some miles on. I've had the bike a month now and I only have 650 miles on the bike.

neebelung
07-02-2008, 09:09 AM
awesome! i should start riding at night, since that's when the kids unglue themselves from me. so many more bugs at night though. i found that out the hard way.

Yeah the bugs are nasty here, too (REALLY nasty :lol: ).... I do wish I'd Honda polished my visor before we left, cus they stick less that way (and they do also make portable honda polish wipes for mid-ride bug cleanup :) ).

itgirl
07-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah the bugs are nasty here, too (REALLY nasty :lol: ).... I do wish I'd Honda polished my visor before we left, cus they stick less that way (and they do also make portable honda polish wipes for mid-ride bug cleanup :) ).

i have honda polish. didn't know it was good for visors though. i'll hafta do that. good tip!

Cutty72
07-02-2008, 10:55 AM
I didnt ride today, 70% chance of severe thunderstorms. I need to put some miles on. I've had the bike a month now and I only have 650 miles on the bike.

3 months, 3859 miles.
and the first month was april in ND :lol:

Rider
07-02-2008, 11:23 AM
i have honda polish. didn't know it was good for visors though. i'll hafta do that. good tip!

Oh yeah, the honda polish cleans the visor(and bike) of bugs real nicely.

WARputer
07-02-2008, 11:25 AM
I like the night rides too.....except in the country, the deer are everywhere !

Cutty72
07-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Country is where I ride, and generally at night.
During the week, it's my way home.
Weekends its blasting around the lakes, generally gets late before we leave.

and yes, bugs suck :panic:

neebelung
07-02-2008, 11:46 AM

Oh heck yeah, it's great for visors!!! Also good if you get caught out in some unexpected rain, cus it makes the water wick off like rain x does for your windshield.

I like the night rides too.....except in the country, the deer are everywhere !

We were out in the country, and actually didn't see ANY deer.... until we got back on I-95 for a short stretch (two exits)... saw a little herd of them on the shoulder as SOON as we got on the interstate. :lol:

papapoi
07-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Thats how neebs hunts didn't you know that..:whistle:

j/k

Shift
07-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Oh heck yeah, it's great for visors!!! Also good if you get caught out in some unexpected rain, cus it makes the water wick off like rain x does for your windshield.

We were out in the country, and actually didn't see ANY deer.... until we got back on I-95 for a short stretch (two exits)... saw a little herd of them on the shoulder as SOON as we got on the interstate. :lol:

Night rides out were I live are fine if I'm just commuting in Pensacola in the city or riding out at the beach. But if go out a bit to cantonment or something you better stay at that speed limit because you'll come around a corner and there will be 3 or 4 of them bastards just standing in the middle of the rode. Idk maybe I'll feel a little dif when I get some HID's and can actually see up ahead.

neebelung
07-02-2008, 12:22 PM
:rofl:

fnfalman
07-02-2008, 01:01 PM
No pics of naked chicks?

neebelung
07-02-2008, 01:13 PM
:dvrofl: Nope, sorry..... just a nice ride with (fully clothed) friends.

itgirl
07-02-2008, 04:33 PM
3 months, 3859 miles.
and the first month was april in ND :lol:

impressive mileage, cutty! my kawi has just over 4,000 on her, and it's 4 years old. :( that's a paltry 1,000 miles a season. but that's what happens when you have kids. remember that when your lady's biological clock starts winding down. :lol:

Audiomechanic
07-02-2008, 05:22 PM
I wanna do a nightime ride, but there's just plumb no where to go around Houston except long, straight, BORING roads. I need to move. :(

And itgirl, I got snipped for that very reason (well one of 'em anyway). :)

Amber Lamps
07-02-2008, 05:43 PM

If you have a fog resistant visor DO NOT use anything other than water to clean the inside or you'll wave "bye,bye" to all the fog free goodness! I have a previously fog free Scorpion shield to prove it!

I wanna do a nightime ride, but there's just plumb no where to go around Houston except long, straight, BORING roads. I need to move. :(

And itgirl, I got snipped for that very reason (well one of 'em anyway). :)

:iagree: Being neutered is where it's at!!!

Smittie61984
07-02-2008, 08:14 PM
I love night riding but lately deer have been insane.

One thing I really loved is riding through Downtown Atlanta on a weeknight around 10pm. All the working people are home and the drunks are still at the bars and the streets are fairly clear. But you are riding around looking up at beautiful sky scrappers. Plus because of Atlanta's diversity I get to see all kinds of bikes when I ride.

Here is an example with a guy and his girl on a CB550...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX0Nb6RUKxE

OneSickPsycho
07-02-2008, 11:41 PM
I suffer from night blindness... docs always ask me if I drive at night... finally I learned to just tell them no so they don't flip out...

Rode my bike to work today... Rode home about 40 minutes ago.

neebelung
07-03-2008, 08:05 AM
Night rides out were I live are fine if I'm just commuting in Pensacola in the city or riding out at the beach. But if go out a bit to cantonment or something you better stay at that speed limit because you'll come around a corner and there will be 3 or 4 of them bastards just standing in the middle of the rode. Idk maybe I'll feel a little dif when I get some HID's and can actually see up ahead.

Oh eek!! Nah they're not THAT plentiful out where we were (thankfully)

If you have a fog resistant visor DO NOT use anything other than water to clean the inside or you'll wave "bye,bye" to all the fog free goodness! I have a previously fog free Scorpion shield to prove it!

:werd:

(unfortunately, they don't even make a fog free visor for the Arai. :( )

OneSickPsycho
07-03-2008, 09:04 AM

Are you fucking kidding me? You pay $500+ for a helmet and it doesn't have a fog-free visor... Well, not that there was any chance of me owning one anyway, but I'll never have an Arai now.

neebelung
07-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Are you fucking kidding me? You pay $500+ for a helmet and it doesn't have a fog-free visor... Well, not that there was any chance of me owning one anyway, but I'll never have an Arai now.

Well lucky for me, I didn't pay $0.01 for it (it was a gift), but yeah that is quite literally my ONLY complaint about that lid -- no fog free.

Chris still wears his HJC carbon fiber sometimes for that very reason - just to be able to use his fog free and/or his pinlock system.

NeonspeedRT
07-03-2008, 09:31 AM

I absolutly love my Arai. Best helmet i've ever owned. However there are 2 things that would make it the perfect year round helmet.

1) Antifog shield.

2) Easier to change shield.

For those two reasons i'll still wear my HJC carbon fiber helmet when I ride at night, in the rain, or in the cold. I can change the shield on the HJC in about 5 seconds flat. The antifog shield works great. Every once in a while I have to rinse the inside to "reactivate" the anti fog, but it still works awseome.

The Arai shield is a pain in the ass to change out. I just leave a dark smoke shield on it and use it in the daytime. The vents on the Arai are just awseome.

OneSickPsycho
07-03-2008, 09:42 AM
I don't ever see myself spending over $250 on a helmet... and if I did... and it didn't have an antifog coating on the sheild... I'd punch babies.

neebelung
07-03-2008, 09:47 AM
I didn't think I could justify that much for a helmet either, but it's SOOOOOO confortable, and light, and just feels awesome.

fnfalman
07-03-2008, 10:24 AM
I absolutly love my Arai. Best helmet i've ever owned. However there are 2 things that would make it the perfect year round helmet.

1) Antifog shield.

2) Easier to change shield.

For those two reasons i'll still wear my HJC carbon fiber helmet when I ride at night, in the rain, or in the cold. I can change the shield on the HJC in about 5 seconds flat. The antifog shield works great. Every once in a while I have to rinse the inside to "reactivate" the anti fog, but it still works awseome.

The Arai shield is a pain in the ass to change out. I just leave a dark smoke shield on it and use it in the daytime. The vents on the Arai are just awseome.

I would like an anti-fog shield for my Arais too, but I can put up with the pain-in-the-ass visor system. Arai explained that the covers keep the visor from popping during the get-off when your face is ground into the pavement.

neebelung
07-03-2008, 11:04 AM
I would like an anti-fog shield for my Arais too, but I can put up with the pain-in-the-ass visor system. Arai explained that the covers keep the visor from popping during the get-off when your face is ground into the pavement.

Ok, thinking of it like that, maybe it's not THAT much of a pain in the ass. :lol:

Amber Lamps
07-03-2008, 11:17 AM

Fog City FTW!

Amber Lamps
07-03-2008, 11:29 AM

Ummm... I was a huge Arai fan back in the day and I've owned 2 Signets, a Signet Gt and a RX7rrIII (great lids!) but if Arai can explain how the 5 mil plastic visor can keep the pavement away from my face when it's already ground thru the aluminum reinforced chinbar,well I'd like to hear that one! Btw I've crashed 2 out of 4 Arais and I seem to remember the shield flying off. In fact, I've had a shield fly off when I was riding a couple of times and I've seen this happen a few times to other people. It was probably at least partially operator error but some of that stems from the crappy "quick-change" system (especially when using a dark shield because you can't see the mounting points!). Sometimes,I wish they'd all go back to making us use a quarter to change our shields...

Cutty72
07-03-2008, 11:43 AM
impressive mileage, cutty! my kawi has just over 4,000 on her, and it's 4 years old. :( that's a paltry 1,000 miles a season. but that's what happens when you have kids. remember that when your lady's biological clock starts winding down. :lol:

eh, she already knows shes gonna be stuck with the kids while i'm out riding :lol:

Gas Man
07-03-2008, 11:47 AM
I suffer from night blindness... docs always ask me if I drive at night... finally I learned to just tell them no so they don't flip out...

Rode my bike to work today... Rode home about 40 minutes ago.
Wear a set of yellow lens glasses under your helmet. It will help.

Amber Lamps
07-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Wear a set of yellow lens glasses under your helmet. It will help.

Yah,or get a "high visibility" shield. Almost every helmet maker sells one. Ambervision FTW!