PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP round 2 Jerez 04/03/11 *SPOILERS*

L8 Braker
03-31-2011, 10:49 AM
Here we go...
--Casey has made it clear that if he stays upright, he's the one to beat this year
--Lorenzo showed he has every intention of not going quietly
--Pedrosa's previous clavicle surgery is compressing a vessel, and he'll have another surgery after this race
--Rossi is struggling to figure out the Duc
--Spies did well in race 1, still not an alien
--Dovizioso looks like he might make some noise
--Simoncelli - see above
--Edwards finished in front of Hayden!!
--Hayden just keeps going backwards
--Elias went to Moto2, won a championship, came back, and is again a back marker

Your thoughts?

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/1563/jereztrackinfoiz6.png

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8122/jerezracetrack.jpg

L8 Braker
03-31-2011, 10:53 AM
The race is on SpeedTV on Sunday at 8am, then replayed Tuesday at 2pm...

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9117/35972508.jpg

L8 Braker
03-31-2011, 10:55 AM
This track does not have any long straights, so hopefully we won't see anyone (other than the aliens) break away from the pack...

Dave
03-31-2011, 10:56 AM
You forgot pramac who will almost certainly pony up a sexy outfit for Lauren vickers

KSGregman
03-31-2011, 11:50 AM
The Ducati is a basket case of a bike....it's a testament to Stacy Moaner's skill that he was able to win races on it. Don't expect much from Rossi at Jerez.

Provided that Moaner comes to grips with the fact that he doesn't HAVE to ride right at the limit all the time to win, he'll likely be the man to beat this season. Having said that, though....he hasn't figured that out in his entire career....He chucks it down the tarmac FAR too often for a rider of his experience and talent level.

Honestly, though....I'm far more excited about the prospect of watching a full 38 bike grid take to the tight and twisty Jerez circuit on spec bikes in Moto2...THAT is racing!!

Andrea Iannone....write it down...that kid has a future!

fnfalman
03-31-2011, 12:33 PM
Lorenzo
Stoner
The Hair Dude
Spies/Pedrosa
Rossi

Dave
03-31-2011, 12:35 PM
Lorenzo
Stoner
The Hair Dude
Spies/Pedrosa
Rossi

Sounds about right. Super sic might go higher.

L8 Braker
03-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Last years results...

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7688/87900012.jpg

smileyman
03-31-2011, 02:26 PM
Gunna be Hopkins! Well at least for Med Flight. He is subbing on "The Beast That Ate Bautista" LOL

Dave
03-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Gunna be Hopkins! Well at least for Med Flight. He is subbing on "The Beast That Ate Bautista" LOL

I'm def rooting hopkins. He says the bike feels the same, we'll see when he reaches for that last 10%

KSGregman
03-31-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm def rooting hopkins. He says the bike feels the same, we'll see when he reaches for that last 10%

I rooted for him back in the day....but lost interest in his career after he got too drunk to ride the next day for Suzuki...forget which circuit it was at....and then almost got himself killed on that horri-bad POS that Kwacka had on the MotoGP grid.

Porkchop
03-31-2011, 10:48 PM
I hate Jerez.

I heard Rossi told Ducati after Losail that the bike in the current form won't win anything, and that a bunch of changes were being made for Jerez.

L8 Braker
04-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Free practice 1

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8203/13260797.jpg

L8 Braker
04-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Free practice 2

http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/3738/76995574.jpg

smileyman
04-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Looks like maybe this could be Simoncelli's big chance.

Dave
04-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Looks like maybe this could be Simoncelli's big chance.

Sic is gonna be danger man all year

smileyman
04-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Soupplanet says that higher temps and high winds was what slowed the P2 times. I think it will be a Stoner day if he can stay on, a Jorge day if he doesnt. Pedro's shoulder is iffy and Dovi is iffy any day. He might come to life on Sunday but so will Spies, Rossi, Simo, and there just isnt many good passing spots at Jerez. You have to get off line and push someone else off line to pass and that usually slows you both. Coming from the back is very hard and there usually isnt a chance to chase the aliens once your free...

Dave
04-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Soupplanet says that higher temps and high winds was what slowed the P2 times. I think it will be a Stoner day if he can stay on, a Jorge day if he doesnt. Pedro's shoulder is iffy and Dovi is iffy any day. He might come to life on Sunday but so will Spies, Rossi, Simo, and there just isnt many good passing spots at Jerez. You have to get off line and push someone else off line to pass and that usually slows you both. Coming from the back is very hard and there usually isnt a chance to chase the aliens once your free...

If that's the case put sic up a few spots. 3rd or 4th. He DOES NOT care about margin of safety in passing and will happily stuff anyone. Id really like to see him duke it out with rossi (assuming rossi can keep up) I can just imagine the drama

KSGregman
04-01-2011, 04:23 PM
If that's the case put sic up a few spots. 3rd or 4th. He DOES NOT care about margin of safety in passing and will happily stuff anyone. Id really like to see him duke it out with rossi (assuming rossi can keep up) I can just imagine the drama

Simoncelli and Rossi are tight off track....not sure how that would go if they were to battle for a position during a race.

I could see Simoncelli sticking it to one of the Spaniards without batting an eye though. :lol:

KSGregman
04-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Looks like Hopper can still get the bike leaned over without too much trouble.

http://crash.net/motogp/pictureArchive/168016/1/photos

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w9/KSGregman/PA908452.jpg

Dave
04-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Helluva pic

L8 Braker
04-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Free practice 3

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6274/66048476.jpg

L8 Braker
04-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Qualifying

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1299/30830927.jpg

Dave
04-02-2011, 03:05 PM
who can catch stoner? holy hell. good job for sic, cal, and hopper though

KSGregman
04-02-2011, 03:31 PM
who can catch stoner? holy hell. good job for sic, cal, and hopper though

Not Rossi....that Duc is a disaster. It's a clash of egos right now....Ducati insisted last year they had a winning package and Stoner was just moaning....but...it's apparent that the problem lies in the front end of that bike. Poor Rossi binned it HARD today.....just lost the front....no warning, no nothing....3rd gear wide open and the front just gone. Ducati is going to have to swallow their pride and redesign that front end or the Ducati/Rossi project is gonna go NO WHERE.

Honestly, I don't really care so much about the racing in MotoGP....though it IS nice to see a couple more legitimate contenders in Simoncelli and Spies. I'm looking forward to the REAL racing in the Moto2 class.

Andrea Iannone had a horrid QP again....Qatar is a nice wide track with plenty of overtaking points....so he was able to move up the grid quickly during the race. I wonder if he'll have the pace to do the same thing tomorrow on a much tighter and demanding circuit? It's not helping his case that Bradl is riding LIGHTS OUT again this week-end. He will likely have cleared off at the front again by the time Iannone can make any headway through the pack.

KSGregman
04-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Wet race! This should be interesting!

Stoner is away at the front....Lorenzo is trying to hang on to him....Simoncelli in 3rd.....and...wait for it....ROSSI in 4th.

Hahahaha....Simoncelli just passed Lorenzo...then punted Stoner wide...all within a couple of corners. I'm sure Stoner is seeing red in his helmet at this point....this should be good. :lmao:

And Rossi just took Lorenzo....up to 3rd!

Ohman....Rossi just pulled a rookie move and wiped himself and Stoner....Christ...that's all we'll hear about for the next month.

Feck....Simoncelli just highsided himself out of the lead at turn 1.

Lorenzo....Pedrosa....Spies...Hayden. And the race isn't even half over.

Cal Crutchlow up to 5th....Rossi back up to 10th.

Apparently, Pedrosa's arm is going off again....he's fallen way off the pace. Spies will catch him in the next lap or two for sure.

Cal Crutchlow choked and binned it..that would have been a fantastic result for him.

Spies is closed right up on Pedrosa...he has 5 laps to make a move and take 2nd.

Spies took him down the back straight....Pedrosa is hurting...no way for him to fight back.

Holy shit....fecking Spies crashed out of 2nd. WOW...that is gonna put Colin Edwards....Colin fecking Edwards on the podium. WTF

Jesus Christ....Colin Edwards ran off the track....now Hayden is going to take his podium spot. WOW

1) Lorenzo
2) Pedrosa
3) Hayden
4) Aoyama
5) Rossi
6) Barbera
7) Abraham
8) Crutchlow
9) Elias
10) Hopkins
11) Capirossi
12) Dovi

What a fucking douche bag.... :lmao:

Rossi went straight to Stoner's garage to apologize...and Stoner told him "Had something with your shoulder did you? Obviously your ambition outweighed your talent."

shmike
04-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Great summary, Gregman! :lol:

What a cluster fuck.

Rossi went straight to Stoner's garage to apologize...and Stoner told him "Had something with your shoulder did you? Obviously your ambition outweighed your talent."

Fuck Stoner. He was about a second slower than Rossi.

Rossi made a stupid pass. He should have waited a few corners but I don't fault him for getting a little impatient with the girl in front. :idk:

fnfalman
04-03-2011, 02:52 PM
How the heck did Rossi even challenge Stoner? Stoner was at pole and he was at 12th?

KSGregman
04-03-2011, 03:08 PM
How the heck did Rossi even challenge Stoner? Stoner was at pole and he was at 12th?

He was riding hard....Stoner started out hard but realized the soft rain tire wasn't gonna go the distance if he kept taxing it at that pace so he eased up.

By the end of the race, the rain tires all looked like slicks....I've never seen tires destroyed to that degree before. Hayden said he could only manage 1/2 throttle on the straights on the last 2 laps or otherwise the rear would spin uncontrolled.

I'm sure Bridgestone is going to be getting an earful about bringing a soft AND hard compound rain tire to each circuit from here on out.

KSGregman
04-03-2011, 03:13 PM
As if the world needed FURTHER evidence that Stacy Moaner is not just a nickname....

Jesus what a fucking little cunt he is.

http://english.gazzetta.it/Motor_sports/03-04-2011/stoner-rossi-is-just-ambittious-80718341352.shtml

Great summary, Gregman! :lol:

:lmao:

Thanks...I got up early to watch the race live on MotoGP.com before going out riding....had TWF open in another browser and was spazzing as things happened. :lol:

anthonyk
04-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Wowsa, what a mess that was! Kudos to the guys who managed to keep it upright. :dthumb:

shmike
04-03-2011, 03:42 PM

Wet race.

Watch it.

For about 2 laps before the incident, Rossi was fastest on track by a large margin.

fnfalman
04-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Wet race.

Watch it.

For about 2 laps before the incident, Rossi was fastest on track by a large margin.

So...Rossi is a better rider? Who woulda thunk it? It's not like he has nine championships or something.

Dave
04-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Rossi is a douchebag. Stoner is my official new favorite rider for that polite go fuck yourself.

Jesus this guy could eat babies and people would excuse it

Porkchop
04-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Thanks...I got up early to watch the race live on MotoGP.com before going out riding....had TWF open in another browser and was spazzing as things happened. :lol:

My buddy called me like 11 fucking times at work, and 4 texts saying "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god", every time something happened. But then he wouldnt tell me what happened. :lol: Douche.

Rossi is a douchebag. Stoner is my official new favorite rider for that polite go fuck yourself.

Jesus this guy could eat babies and people would excuse it

I thought the pass was completely foolish for a rider of that caliber. He had the speed and would have easily had him on the next few corners.

I was furious when Pedrosa took out Hayden (even though it was under completely different circumstances), so I see Stoners side.

I atleast give Rossi credit for feeling bad and going to apologize.

L8 Braker
04-04-2011, 12:33 AM
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/824/74943041.jpg

Dave
04-04-2011, 02:31 AM
I atleast give Rossi credit for feeling bad and going to apologize.

With every camera in sight right behind him. Couldn't even take his lid off.

ontwo
04-04-2011, 11:55 AM
It was a stupid move, but all he could see was Lorenzo.

It was shaping up to be a battle at the front. Sucks that it went the way it did. Still an entertaining race

defector
04-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Every time I looked up, someone was down or off track. Speed's coverage was only about 1 lap behind the timing on the MotoGP site, which was shocking.

L8 Braker
04-04-2011, 03:11 PM
You think their tires had any grip at the end of the race?...Hayden tweeted this pic...

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9887/wowzf.jpg

smileyman
04-04-2011, 03:23 PM
What a cluster! Maybe rain riding/racing is not as fun as in the dry but it certainly is entertaining. I mean with so many different strategies and set ups all trying to figure out how to go race distance with difficult circumstances how can you tell who is fast and who is pacing? It gets quickly apparent who is hustling a used up or bad set up tho cause they can't save it constantly for 25-28 laps...

Stoner may have got in some swipes at Rossi but his main complaint was justified. The stewards basically let him pull his bike off Rossi and stand it up by himself and then none would help him push off. I think Simoncelli commented on this as well. He did not get the help he would have liked refiring after his hi-side.

As for Rossi. Who can blame him for pushing as hard as he could? He was going for it and I see no harm in that. Had he made the pass stick and stayed on i think he would have fallen back dramatically in the closing third of the race, maybe wouldnt have stayed on at all with using up all his rain tread like so many others did...

fnfalman
04-04-2011, 03:59 PM
If I were a corner worker/track worker, I'd help out Rossi too. I mean, who wouldn't want to have the chance to say, "I helped Rossi get back in the race."

Who the fuck is Stoner again? He won a championship for Ducati and didn't even get a special model named after him.

Dave
04-04-2011, 05:50 PM
If I were a corner worker/track worker, I'd help out Rossi too. I mean, who wouldn't want to have the chance to say, "I helped Rossi get back in the race."

Who the fuck is Stoner again? He won a championship for Ducati and didn't even get a special model named after him.

Ill bet the next 1198sp is named the rookie mistake edition, complete with win it or bin it graphics and a picture of rossi on the side with a "what? Me worry?" Face

fnfalman
04-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Ill bet the next 1198sp is named the rookie mistake edition, complete with win it or bin it graphics and a picture of rossi on the side with a "what? Me worry?" Face
And it would sell like hot cakes.

Dave
04-05-2011, 07:19 AM
And it would sell like hot cakes.

Sad thing is you're right

KSGregman
04-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Squeeky wheel gets the grease, I guess....

Stoner's bike was running...he ran over and hit the kill switch...and then couldn't get it bump started again because the Marshalls didn't help him enough?!

That kid is fast as hell....but his "Stacy Moaner" nickname is well earned.

http://crash.net/motogp/news/168112/1/fim_launches_review_after_rossi-stoner_incident.html

smileyman
04-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Personalities aside, I think this whole incident may be a insight into how Rossi is thinking right now. Alot of the guys were slowing because their bike had no grip or that they had grip and thought to conserve the tire so it would last race distance. Rossi however was pleased with his grip and that he was catching folks and got way overzealous. He seems desperate to be competitive to me. Maybe the pressure has gotten to him? Had he not crashed would he had any tire left in the end or would he have slowed down and fallen anyways?

It was gracious to immediately go and apologize to Stoner. Casey should have been more gracious to him in return. Like he hasn't ever lowsided? Pah. To be honest he did lift the bike off Rossi's Duc and stand it up almost unaided, which may have been how he hit the kill switch...

Dave
04-05-2011, 02:35 PM

Stoner's bike was running...he ran over and hit the kill switch...and then couldn't get it bump started again because the Marshalls didn't help him enough?!

http://crash.net/motogp/news/168112/1/fim_launches_review_after_rossi-stoner_incident.html

A regular bike you can bumpstart yourself. A 240 horse 800 with sky high compression and an equally high idle ain't likely to happen. Or did you miss the clip of depuniet's forlorn effort? And its not "enough" he didn't get any help at all.

fasternyou929
04-05-2011, 03:03 PM

The report I read said Stoner hit the kill switch while the bike was laid over to prevent damage. Probably smart, considering their limited number of engines per season.

And what's wrong with investigating the marshals' actions? You could barely see Rossi through the herd of people helping him get going, after he caused the crash. Stoner had maybe one guy buy him and was waving his arm to get some more attention on his bike, but they were all busy heoping Rossi.

If Simoncelli had half the help Rossi did, he probably could have maintained 2nd place.

Unlike Flannel Man, or whatever his name is on here, I'm not such a "fanboi" that I want to see sportsmanship rules fly out the window to support any rider over another.

KSGregman
04-05-2011, 03:12 PM
The report I read said Stoner hit the kill switch while the bike was laid over to prevent damage. Probably smart, considering their limited number of engines per season.

And what's wrong with investigating the marshals' actions? You could barely see Rossi through the herd of people helping him get going, after he caused the crash. Stoner had maybe one guy buy him and was waving his arm to get some more attention on his bike, but they were all busy heoping Rossi.

If Simoncelli had half the help Rossi did, he probably could have maintained 2nd place.

Unlike Flannel Man, or whatever his name is on here, I'm not such a "fanboi" that I want to see sportsmanship rules fly out the window to support any rider over another.

They are all trained to turn the motor off so it doesn't chew itself up while oil starved.

I'm not a Rossi fanboi....I AM an Andrea Iannone fanboi, though....I'll admit that. :lol: Remember the name...it won't be long before he is in MotoGP....he's a phenom...no question. 12th to 2nd at Qatar (in less than half race distance)....and 11th to a win in the rain at Jerez.

I just don't, and haven't, ever liked Stoner. He is a fucking whiner....period. Fast as hell...but I just can't root for him due to his nearly constant stream of pissing and moaning and whining.

fnfalman
04-08-2011, 03:33 PM

Woa, woa, woa...

Rossi = 9 times world champion.

Rossi = beloved by fans.

Stacey Moaner = loooooooseerrrrrrr.

fasternyou929
04-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Stoner may have got in some swipes at Rossi but his main complaint was justified. The stewards basically let him pull his bike off Rossi and stand it up by himself and then none would help him push off.

Who the fuck is Stoner again?

Woa, woa, woa...

Just calling a blatant spade a spade. I'd sooner believe Michael-Jackson never had plastic surgery, than believe you aren't a fanboi. :shrug:

If you're gonna be a fanboi, embrace it and wear it proud. Denying it just makes it worse. :lol:

Dave
04-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Just calling a blatant spade a spade. I'd sooner believe Michael-Jackson never had plastic surgery, than believe you aren't a fanboi. :shrug:

If you're gonna be a fanboi, embrace it and wear it proud. Denying it just makes it worse. :lol:

I'll bet he has neon yellow bedsheets

fnfalman
04-08-2011, 10:36 PM

Better a Rossi fanboy than Stacy Moaner's apologist.

fasternyou929
04-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Better a Rossi fanboy than Stacy Moaner's apologist.

ZING!! You got me there! Guess that makes me a Simoncelli apologist, too? Nah, just someone that enjoys fair competition.

Nice attempt at deflection though.

fnfalman
04-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Fair competition?

Isn't that an oxymoron? Where do you get fair competition from? Do the satellite teams get full tech support from the factories? Do the lesser teams get crew chiefs the caliber of Burgess? Can the lesser teams afford Rossi, Stoner, Pedrosa, Spies?

All's fair in love and war, and MotoGP is WAR!!!

fasternyou929
04-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Fair competition?

Isn't that an oxymoron? Where do you get fair competition from? Do the satellite teams get full tech support from the factories? Do the lesser teams get crew chiefs the caliber of Burgess? Can the lesser teams afford Rossi, Stoner, Pedrosa, Spies?

All's fair in love and war, and MotoGP is WAR!!!

The competition is between the riders and the machines, not for the track marshals to play favorites.

Now go get sand in your vagina somewhere else.

fnfalman
04-09-2011, 11:29 PM
The competition is between the riders and the machines, not for the track marshals to play favorites.

Don't hate the playa, hate the gamez

Now go get sand in your vagina somewhere else.

I'm not the whiner that comes in here whose pussy is hurting because of lack of "fair game".

fasternyou929
04-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Don't hate the playa, hate the gamez

I'm not the whiner that comes in here whose pussy is hurting because of lack of "fair game".

I just posted facts, definitely not whining.

I realize you feel you need to post last in this thread so you can "win". I'm posting this just to annoy you now, so you can keep dragging on this stupid conversation trying to deflect attention from you being a fanboy.

fnfalman
04-10-2011, 12:34 PM
I just posted facts, definitely not whining.

What facts? There were also several track workers helping Stoner getting back on the bike and try to push give him a push off. Who was the moron that shutted off his bike and couldn't get it started again?

I realize you feel you need to post last in this thread so you can "win". I'm posting this just to annoy you now, so you can keep dragging on this stupid conversation trying to deflect attention from you being a fanboy.

I don't give a shit about winning an argument on the internet, but I can't help giving out shit to Stacy Moaner's apologist. You can whatever you want about how supporting The Big Hair Dude, but it's quite obvious that you somehow annoint yourself to be Stacey Moaner's apologist.

And so what if I were Rossi's fanboy? He's a RIDING GOD!!!

fnfalman
04-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Stoner is a great rider...when he gets a dominant bike. Otherwise, he wilts like a pussy flower that he was. When the pressure's on, suddenly it's crash city. Or "oi, matey, me tummy hurts."

fasternyou929
04-10-2011, 03:35 PM
What facts? There were also several track workers helping Stoner getting back on the bike and try to push give him a push off. Who was the moron that shutted off his bike and couldn't get it started again?

I don't give a shit about winning an argument on the internet, but I can't help giving out shit to Stacy Moaner's apologist. You can whatever you want about how supporting The Big Hair Dude, but it's quite obvious that you somehow annoint yourself to be Stacey Moaner's apologist.

And so what if I were Rossi's fanboy? He's a RIDING GOD!!!

Scroll up and read them again, I'm not retyping them for you. Please also find somewhere I'm acting as Casey's "apologist" while you're at it, and quote it in your next post. You're just slinging bullshit to detract from the point you proved in your last 2 sentences.

Dave
04-10-2011, 04:19 PM
When the pressure's on, suddenly it's crash city. Or "oi, matey, me tummy hurts."

Scuse me, who CAUSED that crash again? Who's been crying about his shoulder every other sentance and having a ton of front end related crashes?

fnfalman
04-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Scuse me, who CAUSED that crash again? Who's been crying about his shoulder every other sentance and having a ton of front end related crashes?

So? Maybe Stoner shouldn't have been too damn slow? Maybe he should have gotten the fuck out of the way for the faster riders?