PDA

View Full Version : Official Lodging Info for September Rally

the chi
03-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Hey all, we are going to stay at Big Lynn Lodge this year.

September 22-25 weekend

See link for info: http://www.biglynnlodge.com/

Rates will vary, but we will get a discount once we book at least 6-7 rooms. After we have that many booked Vicki, the owner, will be able to give us exact pricing, but just assume that whatever room you're booking will come at lower than the rate sheet lists here : http://www.biglynnlodge.com/rates.html

This place has it's own kitchen where they cook up homemade breakfasts and dinners for lodgers, INCLUDED in the price of your room. So unless you eat elsewhere for those meals, the only meals we gotta pay for this trip will be lunches!

She tells me in order to ensure you have a room try to book no later than the month of July, as they will be filling up for the fall season after that and it might be difficult to get a room.

They will be setting us aside in our own section, and she tells me there is great parking for MC's right outside of that.

We will be within an hour of Boone and Asheville, the "big" cities as well as within 15-20 minutes of Grandfather Mountain, Linville Falls, Linville Caverns, and much more. Not to mention, it's right on a road that supposedly has 190 switchbacks in 12 miles.

Call to make your reservations, talk to Vicki and let her know you are with TwoWheelFix!

So, get on it folks, looking forward to seeing ya'll this year!

derf
03-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Anyone interested in sharing a room? I'm looking at a limited view motel room, with the extra bunk beds (104, 105, 140, 136), so we can fit 4 people in the room, which would be $194 per person for 4 nights. Thats including breakfast and dinner, so you are saving a ton of money right there.

Trip
03-31-2011, 01:15 PM
I will probably try and split a double room, but I prefer someone that isn't going to try and rape me or my bike.

derf
03-31-2011, 01:49 PM
You won't get raped, your bike might.

G-Rex
03-31-2011, 02:09 PM
I'd probably be in for splitting with ya Derf, but on the condition that you leave me and my bike alone.

derf
03-31-2011, 02:10 PM
I'd probably be in for splitting with ya Derf, but on the condition that you leave me and my bike alone.

Deal

Trip
03-31-2011, 02:26 PM

Don't believe him, he is a jewish after all.

Mr Lefty
03-31-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm in...

Trip
03-31-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm in...

Want to get a double or do you want in on the Jew's Quad orgy?

Mr Lefty
03-31-2011, 07:30 PM
Want to get a double or do you want in on the Jew's Quad orgy?

sure

Trip
03-31-2011, 07:36 PM
sure

What days you planning to stay there and which room do you want? Modern or Rustic? I don't give a shit about the view.

Mr Lefty
03-31-2011, 07:51 PM
What days you planning to stay there and which room do you want? Modern or Rustic? I don't give a shit about the view.

fuck I don't know... haven't thought about it... don't even know the dates of the rally off the top of my head.

what days are you thinking? as far as room... what ever works

Switch
03-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Hmmm I reckon I might try to bring sweet Hannah this time 'round.

Trip
03-31-2011, 07:55 PM
fuck I don't know... haven't thought about it... don't even know the dates of the rally off the top of my head.

what days are you thinking? as far as room... what ever works

LOL, me either

I know I want to at least do thursday - sunday. More days might be a decision I make later.

Switch
03-31-2011, 07:57 PM
What dates?

the chi
03-31-2011, 08:17 PM
*sigh* Dont you guys read? It's in the first post. All are wecome to come earlier and stay later, but I think alot of us will be doing the Thurs-Sunday deal.

Def bring significant others, planning on hitting up grandfather mountain, the caverns, and whatever other trouble we can get into!

Mr Lefty
03-31-2011, 08:20 PM
no... damn it... post it again

Switch
03-31-2011, 08:40 PM
*sigh* Dont you guys read? It's in the first post. All are wecome to come earlier and stay later, but I think alot of us will be doing the Thurs-Sunday deal.

Def bring significant others, planning on hitting up grandfather mountain, the caverns, and whatever other trouble we can get into!

We need a tl;dr.

Porkchop
03-31-2011, 11:12 PM
Anyone interested in sharing a room? I'm looking at a limited view motel room, with the extra bunk beds (104, 105, 140, 136), so we can fit 4 people in the room, which would be $194 per person for 4 nights. Thats including breakfast and dinner, so you are saving a ton of money right there.

If you don't fill your bunk beds I would take one. $194 is a hell of a deal.

tommymac
04-01-2011, 01:42 AM
If you don't fill your bunk beds I would take one. $194 is a hell of a deal.

I would too, just depends on if I can swing it withthe finances, hopefully I iwll have things sorted in a few weeks and can commit.

Gas Man
04-04-2011, 08:44 PM
I already put in for the time off. Of coarse my schedule is changing but I'm sure that won't be an issue.

Captain Morgan
08-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Does anyone have space available in their room, or do I need to make a reservation? I'll definitely be there Friday night and Saturday night. Doubt that I'll stay Sunday night (not sure if anyone was staying that night anyway).

tommymac
08-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Does anyone have space available in their room, or do I need to make a reservation? I'll definitely be there Friday night and Saturday night. Doubt that I'll stay Sunday night (not sure if anyone was staying that night anyway).

I havent made any arrangements as of yet. I need to see what sixxers plans are, not sure if hes bringing his wife or not.

Trip
08-08-2011, 09:03 AM
I havent made any arrangements as of yet. I need to see what sixxers plans are, not sure if hes bringing his wife or not.

Did he get married again?

Gas Man
08-09-2011, 04:09 AM
I was plannin on being thr with cave & his wife friday evening.

derf
08-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Did he get married again?

Dunno, and he seems to have deleted his facebook account recently too

Trip
08-09-2011, 07:12 AM
I was plannin on being thr with cave & his wife friday evening.

Where do yall plan to stay thursday night?

derf
08-09-2011, 12:36 PM
From talking to gas it looks like we will be near the VA/NC border.

Trip
08-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Find out where yall are going to stay and I will ride up there and hang out. I haven't made reservations at little switzerland yet, i am glad I didn't with ebbs doing his bail fail.

tommymac
08-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Find out where yall are going to stay and I will ride up there and hang out. I haven't made reservations at little switzerland yet, i am glad I didn't with ebbs doing his bail fail.

LMK too, worst case I will meet you guys there, takes me about 8 or 9 hrs to get to vir which is on the border too.

Gas Man
08-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Where do yall plan to stay thursday night?

From talking to gas it looks like we will be near the VA/NC border.

Sure...

Gas Man
08-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Is there some type of discount associated with telling them we are from TWFix?

What rooms are people looking at?

Tsunami
08-11-2011, 12:10 AM
Hey Tommy are you riding down there and is Karen coming and if she is, will she be driving?

tommymac
08-11-2011, 02:13 AM
Hey Tommy are you riding down there and is Karen coming and if she is, will she be driving?

I am riding down by myself, karen wont be comming out for this one

Turbo Ghost
08-12-2011, 11:12 AM
I might actually be able to stop in on Saturday. I've got an alumni gathering Friday night but, it doesn't take me that long to get to LS from here. Any idea what time you guys will be active in the morning on Sat.?

Gas Man
08-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Rae, I spoke Vicki.. she wants you to call her. Speak to her about how many rooms we want reserved, that determines discount.

Let's get on this, it's fastly approaching.

tommymac
08-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Rae, I spoke Vicki.. she wants you to call her. Speak to her about how many rooms we want reserved, that determines discount.

Let's get on this, it's fastly approaching.

I am def in, figured I could share a room with capt, or derf since sixxer wont be going.

I iwll probably track you guys down thurs night and roll out with you guys fri morning.

Trip
08-13-2011, 01:38 PM
I am in as well, going to need a roommate cause ebbs has gone flaky

Captain Morgan
08-13-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm in as well. Will share a room with any of you guys. I'll just make sure to have the ipod charged so I don't have to listen to Chris barfing again. :lol:

tommymac
08-13-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm in as well. Will share a room with any of you guys. I'll just make sure to have the ipod charged so I don't have to listen to Chris barfing again. :lol:

:lol:

How many people to a room. Looks like 4 of us need rooms here.

Gas Man
08-13-2011, 07:46 PM
I have caveman with me as well. Perhaps his wife, or neither. They can't seem to get their schedules straight.

And it looks like I'm gg to leave sunday afternoon for ashville, tn. Then hd north monday morning.

As far as rooming info. I spoke to rae earlier. Looks like I'm gg to take over the booking info thing. No reason for her to do the work if she's not gg.

Gas Man
08-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Please post in this linked thread if you need a room

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?p=485670#post485670

Turbo Ghost
08-30-2011, 09:37 PM
I might actually be able to stop in on Saturday. I've got an alumni gathering Friday night but, it doesn't take me that long to get to LS from here. Any idea what time you guys will be active in the morning on Sat.?

Damn brain-farts!! My alumni gathering is Saturday night not Friday! (idiot) However, I should be able to do an early morning ride if anyone is capable after the Friday night festivities! I had planned on staying overnight but, we just had a financial disaster strike and I just can't do it right now but, I can afford the gas for the trip! I'm less than two hours from there so, I can be there anytime of the morning but, would need to leave break-off around 2ish.