PDA

View Full Version : V5 Vfr?

Audiomechanic
07-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Maybe. The article's grammar is pretty bad and don't know if there's any cred to it but, a V5 on the street would be interesting...

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_vfr1000%2009.htm

JK
07-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Maybe. The article's grammar is pretty bad and don't know if there's any cred to it but, a V5 on the street would be interesting...

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_vfr1000%2009.htm

yeah it would be slick.

NONE_too_SOFT
07-07-2008, 08:16 PM
v5.... how?

MikeSP1
07-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Like the RC211V that Nicky Hayden won the Motogp championship with in 2006. Three cylinders in the front bank and two on the back bank. But I don't see a V5 coming out on the street, remember that Honda did away with the V-twin RC51, and the VFR is more of a sport tour now than the race bike that it used to be.

Amber Lamps
07-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Like the RC211V that Nicky Hayden won the Motogp championship with in 2006. Three cylinders in the front bank and two on the back bank. But I don't see a V5 coming out on the street, remember that Honda did away with the V-twin RC51, and the VFR is more of a sport tour now than the race bike that it used to be.

Yea,I've often thought that way about what a Japanese motorcycle company will do...and then I see a RUNE, B-KING,the new V-MAX,FJR1300 w/auto-trans, Versys, etc and I realize that these fuckers are capable of anything!

PiZdETS
07-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Bout freaking time. When Randy Mamola or Kevin Schwantz tested the V5 RC211V Rossi won so many championships on he said it would make an awesome road bike, power was completely linear and silky smooth.
That was the 990 of course, the 800 version is a lot less user friendly apparently, just ask Nicky Hayden.

If they make HRC engine upgrades available I'm selling the gsxr. :drool::drool::drool:
220 hp sport tourer anyone?

Audiomechanic
07-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Bout freaking time. When Randy Mamola or Kevin Schwantz tested the V5 RC211V Rossi won so many championships on he said it would make an awesome road bike, power was completely linear and silky smooth.
That was the 990 of course, the 800 version is a lot less user friendly apparently, just ask Nicky Hayden.

If they make HRC engine upgrades available I'm selling the gsxr. :drool::drool::drool:
220 hp sport tourer anyone?

Shoot, I would mind seeing that engine in a new generation Magna either. Competition for the New V-Max. With 3 up front and two in the rear, the rider wouldn't have to straddle an extra wide motor. Honda needs to step up and build this VFR if they haven't already.

Rider
07-08-2008, 09:32 AM
I'd be happy with a sportier VFR1000 keeping it a V4 still.

NeonspeedRT
07-08-2008, 09:38 AM
I'd be happy with a sportier VFR1000 keeping it a V4 still.

I'd be in line to buy one for my next bike if that was the case.

Dave
07-08-2008, 10:30 AM
with the desmodeci rr and rsv-4 floating around its an awesome opportunity to top the italians. then again the new blade kicks so much ass i find it difficult to believe that they would abandon it so soon

Amber Lamps
07-08-2008, 06:29 PM
with the desmodeci rr and rsv-4 floating around its an awesome opportunity to top the italians. then again the new blade kicks so much ass i find it difficult to believe that they would abandon it so soon

Oh they've run the VFR and the CBR concurrently since the CBR's inception. I don't think there's any reason to believe they'll stop.Heck,they should bring back the RC51 and basically give aficionados of all motor types the opportunity to go red!

Audiomechanic
07-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Agreed.

(and the blade still looks like a mongaloid after hitting a brick wall)

Dave
07-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Agreed.

(and the blade still looks like a mongaloid after hitting a brick wall)

a very very fast mongaloid. seen it in the cant have it in the us white color? only one it looks really good in IMHO. also kinda upset honda toned em down for us...jerks :P

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/R0021186.jpg

Amber Lamps
07-09-2008, 01:32 AM
a very very fast mongaloid. seen it in the cant have it in the us white color? only one it looks really good in IMHO. also kinda upset honda toned em down for us...jerks :P

Ummm... you sure that's not some kind of "special" ? The fenders are carbon fiber.... Oh wait that may be just the lights... my bad! I do agree that it has always seemed the the "Euro-market" always seems to get the best colors. Like the all black GSXR1000 [drool]

Dnyce
07-09-2008, 01:34 AM
that looks sick-the black hides the smashed nose sorta

Audiomechanic
07-09-2008, 09:07 AM

A mongaloid on 6 shots of expresso then.

It would have looked better with the smashed noise if Honda would have kept the angular headlamps. But they copied Kawasaki and put some sad looking teardrop droopy "Timmah" looking lights on it. Disgraceful.

Anywho, keep the blade, add the V5 VFR, bring the RC back, and bring back the Mag in V5 form. That's it, I'm putting in my resume to be the CEO of Honda.

BobTheBiker
07-09-2008, 03:09 PM
I concur. V5 VFR would ROCK! you can bet when I win the lotto, that'd be THE FIRST bike on my list to buy.

dReWpY
07-09-2008, 07:00 PM
desimodeci (?) would be the first bike, then a vmax engine shoved into a SS frame

Rider
07-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Ummm... you sure that's not some kind of "special" ? The fenders are carbon fiber.... Oh wait that may be just the lights... my bad! I do agree that it has always seemed the the "Euro-market" always seems to get the best colors. Like the all black GSXR1000 [drool]

That is a special bike, seat cowl, tinted screen, and yes that is a CF fender.

Dave
07-09-2008, 10:13 PM
yep, best version of the black white scheme i could find though

Amber Lamps
07-10-2008, 09:16 PM
That is a special bike, seat cowl, tinted screen, and yes that is a CF fender.

Oh yea I forgot not every company sees fit to provide a seat cowl with their bikes,how budget of them!:whistle:

Dave
07-10-2008, 11:36 PM
heh gixxers ought to come with a second set of plastics :P

Amber Lamps
07-11-2008, 06:05 AM

Oh yea? Well,Yamahas should come with a fire extinguisher!

BobTheBiker
07-11-2008, 06:30 AM
Oh yea? Well,Yamahas should come with a fire extinguisher!

so should all Suzuki's. I know someone whose 02 actually DID catch fire.

Audiomechanic
07-11-2008, 08:38 AM
People people. Calm down. Yamaha's and suzuki's BOTH are great bikes! Not better than Honda but.....

*runs*

Rider
07-11-2008, 08:58 AM

A set of track plastics as a standard accessory included with each bike would be sweet.:dthumb:

Amber Lamps
07-11-2008, 05:22 PM
A set of track plastics as a standard accessory included with each bike would be sweet.:dthumb:

Aprillia used to give a free track day with a new bike,I always thought that was pretty cool. If Suzuki wanted to cleanup their image they could always include the MSF course with every bike sold.

Rider
07-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Aprillia used to give a free track day with a new bike,I always thought that was pretty cool. If Suzuki wanted to cleanup their image they could always include the MSF course with every bike sold.

Or a complete set of gear would be cool.

Audiomechanic
07-11-2008, 06:51 PM

That would work for those buying the Boulevards or maybe the scooters. It would work for SOME of the GSXR customers. But the others? "That's how we raaahd lids own da saaaahd.

Track day would be cool though. Coulda used that when I got my 1000 couple years back. Shoot, I plan to track the Mag!

Phenix_Rider
07-11-2008, 07:24 PM

Like Honda does...

Amber Lamps
07-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Like Honda does...

They do? That's cool! Too bad they can't include a $4 piece of plastic!!! j/k!

That would work for those buying the Boulevards or maybe the scooters. It would work for SOME of the GSXR customers. But the others? "That's how we raaahd lids own da saaaahd.

Track day would be cool though. Coulda used that when I got my 1000 couple years back. Shoot, I plan to track the Mag!

WAT WUZ DAT,DAWG??? YOUS BE TRIPPIN' FO' SHIZZLE!!! Oh wait I got it, " Please allow me to explain the manner in which we operate our motorcycles. We often engage in the practice of leaving our safety headgear attached to the side of our vehicles whilst we travel.":wink:

Audiomechanic
07-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Exactly. :lol: