PDA

View Full Version : my friends son crashed (not good)

derf
04-25-2011, 09:40 PM
He wasnt wearing a helmet either.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=610036

At 1:00 a.m. Saturday morning, 21-year-old Alexander M. Savage died after losing control of his motorcycle at the intersection of Highway 501 and Broadway Street in Myrtle Beach.

Horry County Police Public Information Officer Sgt. Robert Kegler says Savage left the scene of the accident earlier in the night.

Police later pulled him over, but Savage stopped on a bridge.

Kegler goes on to say the officer allowed him to move to a safer place but Savage did not stop again and fled.

That chase resulted in the accident.

Savage is one of five people who died on the road Saturday night.

shmike
04-25-2011, 09:48 PM
This thread should be interesting...

Particle Man
04-25-2011, 09:48 PM
shitty and just a plain dumb way to go. Sorry for their loss. :(

tached1000rr
04-25-2011, 09:59 PM
wow....

Uma
04-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Very unfortunate.

Gas Man
04-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Sucks... so young, so stupid, so needless.

Trip
04-25-2011, 10:42 PM
I have nothing good to say about this. Possibly causing an accident and running from the cops. His actions speak for themselves.

derf
04-25-2011, 11:04 PM
There is much more to the story than what is presented.

Yes, he was totally wrong and in no way are his actions justified.

But he was a 3x combat vet with a slew of PTSD problems and has been getting worse rather than better lately.

101lifts2
04-26-2011, 12:13 AM
The agent of free will is at hand.

tallywacker
04-26-2011, 12:26 AM
I can honestly say I've never ridden without a helmet. Never saw the point.

RIP though, shitty way to go

Ninjakel
04-26-2011, 02:26 AM
Rip

azoomm
04-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Sucks... so young, so stupid, so needless.

Yup, all of it. :(

What a horrible situation.

Cass
04-26-2011, 09:45 AM
May he rest in peace

Trip
04-26-2011, 10:26 AM
But he was a 3x combat vet with a slew of PTSD problems and has been getting worse rather than better lately.

That doesn't make a lick of difference to me, he shouldn't of been on a bike at all if he can't control himself.

tommymac
04-26-2011, 10:29 AM
That doesn't make a lick of difference to me, he shouldn't of been on a bike at all if he can't control himself.

More of a reason to keep him off of one. Seem ot be hearing more sotries of guys comming home and having psychological problems and readjusting to society.

Trip
04-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Sportbikes are too cheap and most enlisted have too much bonus and too little brains to learn to ride them correctly. Ebbs you need to fix this shit.

zerioustt
04-26-2011, 10:34 AM

How tall is the ladder you used to get on that horse of yours?

First if he does have post dramatic stress they don't check that before you get on a bike. If the story is true and he did have PDS from serving this country then while not an excuse cut him some slack and let him RIP.

AquaPython
04-26-2011, 10:37 AM
RiP

Trip
04-26-2011, 10:39 AM

First if he does have post dramatic stress they don't check that before you get on a bike. If the story is true and he did have PDS from serving this country then while not an excuse cut him some slack and let him RIP.

I don't give anyone a free pass and I don't expect anyone to give me one either. What he did was retarded and senseless, he is just lucky he didn't kill anyone else. Now his family is going to be all tore up because he was too much of a moron to stop for the cops.

wildchild
04-26-2011, 11:13 AM
PTSD is not an excuse

I agree with Gas. young, stupid, and needless.

Brandon
04-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Rip.

pauldun170
04-26-2011, 11:50 AM
I don't give anyone a free pass and I don't expect anyone to give me one either. What he did was retarded and senseless, he is just lucky he didn't kill anyone else. Now his family is going to be all tore up because he was too much of a moron to stop for the cops.

:boobs:

Person A: "He killed his family, raped the neighbors dog didn't recycle his recyclables and he said that Crayolas interpretation of the color "rose" was an indictment of all artists who made their own colors on the backs of proletariat"

Person B and person C: "Oh my god what a savage animal...he should fry NO MERCY NO MERCY!!"

Perosn A: "He was molested by his mother"

Person B: "oh that poor soul...we need to be more understanding of what pushed people to do such things. He should be given treatment..."

Person C: "Fuck him...he should die by beaver penis"

Person A: "He just got back from Afghansitan and has PTSD"

Person C: "Well who the fuck uses Rose anyway...that color is kinda f'd up. Plus the neighbors dog is a whore. Bless the troops"

Was he black? Gotta be a black guy......

Was he wearing skinny jeans? Most dog raping crayola hating anti-"green" murderers from florida wear skinny jeans which is stupid. Typical Florida and most of the south east region of the United States

shmike
04-26-2011, 11:59 AM

Well done. :dthumb:

Particle Man
04-26-2011, 12:32 PM

well done indeed

Homeslice
04-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Except he forgot "Was he wearing skinny jeans?"

pauldun170
04-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Except he forgot "Was he wearing skinny jeans?"

Fixed

Homeslice
04-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Approved.

pauldun170
04-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Approved.

:lol

pauldun170
04-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Derf,
All kidding aside sorry that your friend lost his son.

fnfalman
04-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Sorry, but PTSD isn't an excuse.

There are plenty of soldiers that served in war and have PTSDs. Not all of them act stupid in public.

goof2
04-26-2011, 04:00 PM
There is much more to the story than what is presented.

Yes, he was totally wrong and in no way are his actions justified.

It sucks that he was going through this and it sucks that he died. Despite my sympathy for him and his family none of that excuses him from the laws of man or nature. He suffered a likely outcome from his decisions and his family is now left with that burden. I do not celebrate any of that but at the same time I am personally unable to excuse it. I feel sorry for his family.

derf
04-26-2011, 07:00 PM
not an example, just a reason.

anyway, police have released the video

http://www.thesunnews.com/2011/04/25/2121246/dashboard-video-more-information.html

Particle Man
04-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Man, he almost dropped it when he pulled over on the bridge. No way he had adequate reflexes for even a fraction of the speed he ended up reaching.

:eek:

Tmall
04-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Every thing has been said that needed to be said. I respectfully hold my tongue.

LeeNetworX
04-29-2011, 08:22 AM
I feel sorry for his family's loss and I wish them well.

I will leave it at that.

EtyrnuSS
04-29-2011, 11:08 AM
I feel sorry for his family's loss and I wish them well.

I will leave it at that.

This.

Mr Lefty
05-01-2011, 08:49 PM

More of a reason to keep him off of one. Seem ot be hearing more sotries of guys comming home and having psychological problems and readjusting to society.

Sportbikes are too cheap and most enlisted have too much bonus and too little brains to learn to ride them correctly. Ebbs you need to fix this shit.

PTSD is not an excuse

I agree with Gas. young, stupid, and needless.

Sorry, but PTSD isn't an excuse.

There are plenty of soldiers that served in war and have PTSDs. Not all of them act stupid in public.

While PTSD is not an excuse, and the result is almost what you'd expect in the situation. It's still extremely sad. No PTSD is nothing new, and IMO is treated like A.D.D. and used as a blanket diagnosis for every little issue that comes up.

However those that truly SUFFER from PTSD, it is no joke. It can blur the lines between reality and non. It can cause a craving, like any strong drug, for adrenaline. It's why soldiers and marines returning from the front lines flock to sport bikes, fast cars, or other adrenaline junkie hobbies.

I agree with FnFalman, millions of vets' suffered from it prior to it's Naming... however I think a lot of the reasons we didn't hear about it, was the amount of dangerous hobbies for adrenaline junkies weren't as numerous, and to be honest, after Vietnam, supporting and caring for our troops wasn't the popular thing to do like it is today.

It pains me to see any soldier/marine/airman/sailor pass for any reason, as I relate to them, and after seeing first hand what can happen to people (worked in E-Meds tent in Iraq) I can't imagine standing next to your bestfriend/wingman and watch it happen. As with all neurological disorders, we have very little idea of how/what to do. I hope, that for those that truly do suffer, we find a way of easing their pain.

I hope he rests in peace. Honestly, I hope this was more of him acting an idiot rather than being so troubled by PTSD that he was lost. That IMO would be truly disturbing

Particle Man
05-01-2011, 09:23 PM
millions of vets' suffered from it prior to it's Naming...

It was named before.

Shell Shock, Battle Fatigue, etc.

It's been a known effect of battle for generations.

Mr Lefty
05-01-2011, 09:49 PM
It was named before.

Shell Shock, Battle Fatigue, etc.

It's been a known effect of battle for generations.

true... however they weren't treated like true disorders... they were more just slapping a name to something they had no idea about..

still don't think we understand it all that well.

Particle Man
05-02-2011, 08:40 AM

True

tommymac
05-03-2011, 02:41 PM
true... however they weren't treated like true disorders... they were more just slapping a name to something they had no idea about..

Most of those guys used to be called cowards and forced back into battle, which probably didnt help the situation.

its like how they used to treat concussions in sports. ok you got your bell rung, shake it off and get back in there, just on a much more severe scale.

racedoll
05-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Sad. RIP.