PDA

View Full Version : Texting while riding...

OneSickPsycho
07-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Can be done...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klteYv1Uv9A

Dave
07-10-2008, 10:41 AM
seen a guy do it on an R1LE last week, dumb as hell

OneSickPsycho
07-10-2008, 10:42 AM
seen a guy do it on an R1LE last week, dumb as hell

Honestly though, that guy looks safer than most attentive drivers I see these days...

Rider
07-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Texting is gay whether you are riding, driving, or sitting on a fucking couch...

OneSickPsycho
07-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Texting is gay whether you are riding, driving, or sitting on a fucking couch...

I used to think that... then I realized the alternative was actually talking on the phone... so I fully embraced texting.

marko138
07-10-2008, 10:50 AM
I used to think that... then I realized the alternative was actually talking on the phone... so I fully embraced texting.
You and me both. I hate talking to people...so the less human to human interaction the better.

Rider
07-10-2008, 11:05 AM

I dont do that shit either.....

NONE_too_SOFT
07-10-2008, 11:26 AM

I've got serious talking on the phone issues. Not that i have anxiety about it or anything, its just that i cant fucking just sit still and talk into a little box for too long. I get distracted by anything. TV, Computer, That little piece of string...

OneSickPsycho
07-10-2008, 11:30 AM
You and me both. I hate talking to people...so the less human to human interaction the better.

Truth.

Nobody wants to talk to you anyway.

I've got serious talking on the phone issues. Not that i have anxiety about it or anything, its just that i cant fucking just sit still and talk into a little box for too long. I get distracted by anything. TV, Computer, That little piece of string...

It's not even that... some people just want to bullshit... I want information free of all the bullshit. People can't jabber on and on while texting... and if you want the conversation to end, it's not shitty to just stop.

JoJoYZF
07-10-2008, 11:32 AM

Thats about how it goes for me. Thats whats great about texting, it gives you an alert whenever you need to pay attention again.

NONE_too_SOFT
07-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Thats about how it goes for me. Thats whats great about texting, it gives you an alert whenever you need to pay attention again.

couldnt put it any better myself.

Gas Man
07-10-2008, 01:59 PM
I saw a guy on a busa texting on the highway... GAY!

What fuckin country was that video from? Crazy ass shit!!

I agree. I'm a crazy texter, but I'm worried about texting with my upcoming new phone the instinct cause its all touch screeen which will make it harder I think.

But that's cause you don't have any friends!! :zowned:

Rider
07-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Nobody wants to talk to you anyway.

Then shut the fuck up and quit talking to me. :lol:

Dave
07-10-2008, 06:08 PM
I saw a guy on a busa texting on the highway... GAY!

I agree. I'm a crazy texter, but I'm worried about texting with my upcoming new phone the instinct cause its all touch screeen which will make it harder I think.

my buddy got one and started bragging about it till i yanked out the glide and asked where his qwerty was

Audiomechanic
07-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Shoot, texting while riding? Amature. I surf TWFix on the blackberry while ridin 1 wheel barefoot at 120 standin on the seat.

azoomm
07-10-2008, 07:05 PM

:dthumb:

Oh and fuck voicemail. How many times do I have to tell someone I haven't listened to their message, I just saw they called and called them back. I hate hearing someone babble, only to hear them babble again when I call them. Now I just call voicemail to delete the messages.

Crazy
07-10-2008, 07:27 PM

thats in India. makes me proud of my country :lol: and I can totally believe that they do that there, although the vid is a setup for sure.

DLIT
07-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Saw some black dude doing it on a GSXR the other week. He'd accelerate enough to get a good coast going and text away. I was on my bike behind just nodding my head.

Gas Man
07-11-2008, 12:45 AM
my buddy got one and started bragging about it till i yanked out the glide and asked where his qwerty was
You asked where his what was? Is that code for his unit and you're secretly gay? I'm so confused...

azoomm
07-11-2008, 09:06 AM
You asked where his what was? Is that code for his unit and you're secretly gay? I'm so confused...

Look at the top left side of your keyboard. A QWERTY is a phone that has the same keyboard as a computer ;)

Crazy
07-12-2008, 02:11 PM
i fuckin hate it when ppl text me, must be cuz im the only person left on the planet that doesnt have an unlimited txt plan.. so it costs about 20 cents per. just CALL ME its the WEEKEND my minutes are FREE!!! wtf.

marko138
07-12-2008, 02:34 PM
i fuckin hate it when ppl text me, must be cuz im the only person left on the planet that doesnt have an unlimited txt plan.. so it costs about 20 cents per. just CALL ME its the WEEKEND my minutes are FREE!!! wtf.
I don't have the plan. Costs me 2 dimes as well.

t-homo
07-12-2008, 02:49 PM
I have unlimited texting for like 10 bucks a month. I have to empty my inbox about once a day (50 inbox and 50 outbox, about). Definitely worth 10 bucks a month. I also hate talkin on the phone.

Cutty72
07-12-2008, 03:56 PM
I have unlimited texting for like 10 bucks a month. I have to empty my inbox about once a day (50 inbox and 50 outbox, about). Definitely worth 10 bucks a month. I also hate talkin on the phone.

yup, just got on that myself.

t-homo
07-12-2008, 06:52 PM
yup, just got on that myself.

its so much easier than calling, huh?

Crazy
07-12-2008, 08:21 PM
how the hell is it easier than calling? maybe i can't text fast enough, but i can get more across in a 30 second conversation than by texting back and forth. if its something simple like "hey meet me here" then i understand... but otherwise, again i say wtf.

Amber Lamps
07-12-2008, 09:43 PM
how the hell is it easier than calling? maybe i can't text fast enough, but i can get more across in a 30 second conversation than by texting back and forth. if its something simple like "hey meet me here" then i understand... but otherwise, again i say wtf.

It depends... I hated texting until I got a phone with a full keyboard. After that I preferred it to actually talking. You can get the info across without alot of fluffy filling. Besides,I'm often in loud environments where a phone conversation would be virtually impossible. My only beef with texting is how it's destroying the english language with acronyms and abbreviations. I hate trying to decipher some of the code that I might be presented with during a typical text.

Dnyce
07-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Saw some black dude doing it on a GSXR the other week. He'd accelerate enough to get a good coast going and text away. I was on my bike behind just nodding my head.

dude that was me, i was texting u

Cutty72
07-13-2008, 03:01 PM
its so much easier than calling, huh?

texting for years, just got unlimited...

if i just want to tell someone something, with out convorsation, then it's a text. if i want to actually talk to someone, i call.

t-homo
07-13-2008, 08:42 PM
I just always text. Its a lot more private if you are with a group too.